Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ay Bebe!!!


Leeza Grace was in a sunny mood this Sunday, the last Sunday in August. She was dressed rather warmly, in a fleece top, tights, then a fleece onesie with feets! It was warm out today...I wore my denim shorts and green tank top with bling. I took a couple pictures, and then changed her into her new outfit I found at the baby store. She LOOKED precious indeed, and I think she liked it!! She even kept the cute lil headband on. It must be all the forced "chepchick" (Russian word for the cute bonnets they all have on )wearing that the caregivers so lovingly enforce. She had fun playing, and dancing. We tried our best to get video of her chatting and dancing, but we were often not quick enough with the camera. I love how they "cease and desist" doing something incredibly adorable right when you grab the camera! She remembered how to clap (what rentention!) AND she even said...TURN THE MUSIC UP..I can't hear it Mommmy! Seriously, she did....I got it on video..
She had fun with the stacking cups and just playing and dancing. She is so fun! She didn't even fall asleep on our walk today, but she yawned a lot. She really did look precious in her new outfit. I have to say....girl clothes are really fun!! She was really sweet and thanked me for her new outfit. She asked if they had cute clothes in Florida and I was telling her ALL about Target, and Children's place and how much fun SALES are! She HAS all kinds of questions about Florida. I told her it was warm pretty much all the time, except sometimes in winter it's in the 40's, and we have to wear long sleeves when we run. I assured he she has cute tights to wear,but MOSTLY, she can go barefoot because her feet are so cute. She likes her feet, and she is flexible. She asked if we can find a Mommy and me yoga class. Once again, 3 hours flies by way faster than it should, and it was time for cookies, milk, and nap. I changed Leeza back in her tight fleece blue top and her tights and socks, but left off the fleece onesie. I have given the baby house all her other clothes, but I wanted to keep this one for when we get to leave the baby house. She was soooooooooooooo happy to be in just her diaper. I was letting her laugh and giggle but Sean was a NERVOUS WRECK. He kept saying 'MOM GET HER DRESSED! THE CAREGIVERS ARE GOING TO COME IN AND SAY CUSHAT AND SPOT (eat and sleep) AND THEY WILL SEE HER IN JUST HER DIAPER AND WE WILL GET IN BIG TROUBLE!" It was really funny! Of course, THAT just made me take my time even more. She was grabbing her tummy and her toes like OH, WHAT A FEELING! IT'S BELIEVING..I CAN HAVE IT ALL..I'M DANCING FOR MY LIFE! I said, WOW LEEZA you are just like Jennifer Beels in FlashDance. I wanted a bite, but Leeza won't share.

It was Tatiana's day off today,so Eugene dropped us of at the baby house and picked us up at 2:45. We went to lunch at the Car Wash, with my favorite chicken in a pita with cabbage and tomatoes and what tastes like ranch dressing, with a vanilla milkshake to drink. YUM!

After Eugene dropped us of, Sean and ventured to the market. It is literally a 3 minute walk (if that) from our apartment. The market is like the hugest flea market you've ever seen....with groceries to clothes to furniture..everything you need and don't need. In fact, they even SELL HAMSTERS! Sean tried his best to get me to buy him a Kostanai hamster, but it didn't work. I don't like rodents, in Kazakhstan or in Florida. He even created a scenario that the hamster was abused and taken away from his parents and needed a home...THEN would I get him one that needed a family? NO!
We got some fun stuff at the market. Sean got a cool silver chain and cross, and we picked out a couple gifts for friends too. I found Leeza some adorable pajames for only 700 tenge (less than 6 bucks) and a pink fleece outfit for 1000 tenge (8 bucks)
I saw some ADORABLE shoes for 1000 tenge, and she kept dropping the price, but they looked big for Leeza. I need to measure her foot to see what size she wears. We had fun and got such great deals.
I love spending Tenge..it feels like Monopoly money..speaking of which...HONEY-PLEASE BRING MORE CASH!!!





I will close with a blurry video of Leeza dancing to her favorite song choice of today...HEY BEBE! I read that sweet Angela and Scott play classical music for their sweet Aila...and, um, we play LO and AY Bebe. Poor Leeza...

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!!! Just saw the newest post! We love Hey Bebe!! Hilarious! Leeza is such a dancer. Her clothes are sooo cute. COME HOME! We can't wait to meet her!
XOXOXO,
Nic, Noe, and Chris

Sandi said...

Oh my goodness she looks adorable in that outfit. Love to hear her talk(babble) so darn cute. Glad to see she likes good music :)

Hurry up home... my car is ready to come to tampa :)

BTW that first new outfit is absolutely adorable.

sandi

Matthew Ruley said...

Yummy feet! Shes so cute~!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I can see a big change in her since you first posted photos. It's amazing!!

Looks like mommy Susan is having fun shopping :) Cute stuff & cute Leeza photos!

Eileen

Susan said...

Hello from not so sunny Florida. This is Joe, not Susan... Sure do miss being there. I can see in Leeza's eyes that she misses her daddy!!! Can't wait to get back there in two weeks. It's so nice to wake up in the morning and see the pictures. This has been such an incredible journey and a life changing experience for all of us. Meeting Leeza and visiting a country that is resource poor, but very content with what they do have and how they live. A very proud culture that we have all learned from. Love you guys and see you soon....

XOXOXO
Joe

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Out of money already?!

The outfit Leeza is wearing is almost as cute her dancing!

Karen said...

I agree with Joe's post—Kazakhs are very proud, resourceful people who seem to manage with very little (by our standards). Very inspirational.

Cute, cute photos.

BabyKazfan said...

Leeza looks like shw hAS GROWN A FOOT SINCE THE FIRST BLOG. We can't wait to see her Pink is definitely her color. She is so pretty.

It was great to see JOE AND WILL be even greater to see you and the children. Tell Sean we miss him.

Nana and Papa

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Loved the videos. And I have to agree with Sandi- the outfits are all adorable, but I really love that first new one. Leeza looks adorable in her new outfit. There is no way in the world Rylie would keep that headband on. Guess it was the lack of bonnets in Astana.
Continue enjoying yourselves!

BabyKazfan said...

Funny story...I went to read my daily blog and it said my blogger was temporarily unavailable. Something about deleting a cookie? So, I kept my cool and ate a cookie, then went back about an hour later. Fortunately everything was fine...for a minitue there I thought I wouldn't see today's post! The hair on my back rose up and thought how in the world could there be a malfunction now when things are really starting to get good with these cool videos and all!
It's raining like crazy here...I'm sure we're in for alot more these next couple of days. Your pond out front is nice and full, the turtles are happy! Hey Sean, I'll throw some bread in for you!!

Tricia said...

Now that you know she is enjoying rap music, you have to play 50 cent's It's Your Birthday on her birthday. Go Leeza, it's your birthday. And you know that this future Florida girl cannot leave Kostanai without an introduction to Jimmy Buffett! Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude. That outfit is adorable. I love the headband. I knew you would like the market there :)

Angela said...

Another fabulous day in sunny Kostanai! Leeza looks like she is having a great time as usual - love the fashion show! We are working our way up to rap :) - from Bach to Beastie Boys in no time.

The market sounds great. Our interpreter said she would take us to the green market on Tuesday. Can't wait!

Tracy said...

I love the videos!!! I love the cute little clothes you are finding. So glad you are having such an awesome time with your kidos.
Tracy

Jennifer said...

What an adorable outfit! The child within is 100 times more beautiful, but the pale yellow does seem to go very well with her complexion. I love the head band. She really is just absolutely darling Susan- though I know you know that! I truly can't wait to watch her grow.

Joyce said...

Hi Susan and Sean....and little Leeza too! I love the videos. When Jen and Jim were is Kaz, we kept saying "Jim...send the video's." They were the best, and little Lezza is so cute. Is she going to be speaking Russian with a southern accent in a few days? hahahaha. Hope all is well. Love,
Grandmama Kaz

Anonymous said...

Since when is a 10 YEAR OLD BOY afraid of getting in TROUBLE. hehehe! It's soooo sweet he is concerned though. Also at his tender age he KNOWS how serious this is! Leeza is so lucky to have Sean as a big brother!