Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tempermental Thursday!!




Aww, look at how tired she looks. She needed a nap with her momma in the ergo, she did!!!



Freaky lookin dog at the babyhouse...we see him often on our "powerwalks"




Leeza and her ergo are already BFF'S! About 5-10 minutes before she fell asleep snuggled with her mom. AWWW!!!



Leeza just woke up, after being removed from the ergo and passed to Dad for snuggles and kisses!



Sean is so "becoming" in his sister's hat




Today was probably the warmest day we’ve had in Kostanai since we’ve been here. It still wasn’t as bad as Florida right now, so I was fine, but Tatiana was WORN out from the heat. The kids were all “rather cranky” as well. After Leeza ate her lunch, we went to play and she was SO tired and just not her typical energetic self. After a bout of fussiness where we saw her temper, I said, “Ok, girlfriend, in the ergo you go”! We walked around the baby house SEVERAL times (Joe got dizzy after awhile and went in…LOL), Leeza fell asleep again. I am so glad my lil girlfriend loves her Ergo…it works like a charm to put a tired girl down for a much needed powernap. She actually fell asleep on about the 3rd time around, but I walked around SEVERAL more times because it’s about the only exercise I get and I’m getting fat over here livin it “high on the hog” in Kostanai with all the fabulous food. Sean went to play with the kids. There were 2 new caregivers today, as Aigul is on vacation and Ava (Eva, not sure) had the day off. I was pretty proud of Sean. He went to see them anyway and told them in VERY SLOW English (like they can understand English, fast or slow) “Momma told me (points to himself) to (holds up 2 fingers) cheer (made himself smile) the babies (pointed at his buddy he has named “big eyes”) up (and pointed up!) LOL
I let her sleep about 40 minutes or so and then we woke her up. She always wakes up happy (which is a good thing) and we got some good quality play time for about 30 minutes before she had to go back to her group. I had Tatiana ask the caregivers if she did not sleep at naptime or at night, but they said she did, but all the kids were cranky just like Leeza. She woofed down her warm milk with cake in it, in record time, and then got really MAD it was gone. She had a mini hissy fit throwing her head back and EVERYTHING! She calmed down very quickly though, and I put her down for her nap.
I didn’t get very many pictures today, but you can tell how tired she was. They also said it was chilly in the morning so she had tons of layerage on, and it was hot by the time we got there. She wasn’t in the clothes we brought, so she looked like a real “rag a muffin” but even “rag a muffinish” she was still the apple of our eyes!!

We had the best lunch today at the “car shop”. Yes, a restaurant inside a car dealer. They had yummy milkshakes and this really good chicken in a pita with cabbage and what tasted like ranch dressing. It was only 1100 tenge for all 3 of us to each lunch ($9). They also had really good pastries for 45 tenge…delish!! We went to central mall to buy a new flash drive, and to get some pictures printed for Aigul. I wanted to get her something for her birthday on Monday so I printed pictures of her with Leeza, her with Sean, some of us as a family, and some pics of Sean with the kids, and a pic of Leeza’s room in Florida so she can see how proud we are she came from Kazakhstan. We also bought some gifts for Nana and Jillian.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NANA (ONE DAY LATE!) Joe’s mom’s birthday was yesterday, and we forgot to give her a SHOUTOUT on yesterday’s blog. BUT, we made up for it with a killer gift from Kazakhstan that we think you will like.

We also got some good news from the court house. Leeza’s mom showed up at the court house this morning to relinquish Leeza again. It’s a Kostanai requirement that the birth mother be found before the court hearing. Often, they don’t show up and it’s Eugene’s fun job to go find them and bring them to court. So, we’re happy she showed up and that makes Eugene’s job easier. I had HOPED that perhaps that meant we’d get a faster court date, since often that can hold up the court hearing, BUT, NO, it doesn’t make a difference. It just seems to me that if you have to wait 4 weeks for court after bonding, that they should waive the 15 day waiting period, BUT they don’t, and I’m sure they don’t really care what I think. Joe is also feeling MUCH better and we haven’t heard a cough out of him at all today, or even last night. YAY!!
I’d like to give a big THANK YOU to one of my BFF’s Laura, who talked to Sean’s teacher at school for us. Sean has his first male teacher, and he’s REALLY cool. He was so excited for Sean and said missing 3-4 more weeks would not be a problem and Sean could make it up. So, Sean has committed to working “extra hard” and going to study hall after school when he gets home to get all his work done. I think we are going to have Joe get his work scanned at the office, then emailed over and Eugene said he'd print it out for us so Sean can get a headstart. THANK YOU LAURA for getting Sean's work for us. You are an angel!!!Since I am not going to be there to pick him up right after school, and Joe works until about 6:30 or 7, we can take advantage of him being in after care. I am so happy it worked out this way. I really don’t want Sean to leave (nor does he) , and I wanted him to be here for court. So, YAY! Sean STAYS!!

18 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Hi! that is great news- it would bring me peace to know that the mother hasn't changed her mind. We had a party here last night for law school alumni to welcome the new law students. Jackie Johnson Cravens was here. I showed her your blog and the pictures of Leeza! She is so happy for you. She is so nice- she really wants to see you when you finally come to visit!

Have a great day!

Stacey

Jeannine said...

Way to go , Laura!! I'm glad that it worked out for Sean to be able to stay.

Karen said...

I'm so glad Sean will be there with you. I'm guessing you'd get rather lonely without your boys. :-)

demarest6 said...

Well, I for one, am happy to hear that Ms. Leeza is a normal little girl prone to her bad days too, it makes the the good days even better!!!!!Sean, I heard you promise, you are going to be committed to getting all your work done before your mom comes back from Kaz in October, right....
Love you all, xoxoxo (she's really cute with a little tude goin' on!)

Angela said...

Things continue to work out! I know the wait is frustrating, but it sounds like things are going great - Sean is staying & Eugene doesn't have to find the birth mom.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

SO happy Sean gets to stay! What kind of a teacher could refuse this, seriously. It is the experience of a lifetime.
Leeza does look so sleepy in those first few pictures. So cute and snuggly in the Ergo.
And warm milk with cake in it? Seriously? That's amazing. No wonder Leeza threw a hissy fit when it was over. I would too! I don't think they were serving that in Astana. Sounds like you have your work cut out for you in the cooking department when you get home with Leeza!
And lastly, I am so glad that Leeza's birthmother showed up to relinquish again. That was so stressful to us. I'm glad it is done for you.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

I am so happy that Leeza and you have your Ergo time. We never did get our big boy in a carrier, but he does love being carried around (and it's great for the arms -- HA!) Great news that Sean is staying -- he's going to be the rock star at school when he does return. We know that Joe will be lonely without his family during his times at home in Florida, but hopefully he'll be so busy getting ready for everyone to be home that the time between his trips will fly by for him. I love your description of how Sean communicated with the caretakers. He is so funny -- and amazing. I hope you'll load all your fave pics on Flikr or something - you've described so many great photos that you haven't been able to post, and I sure hope that we get to see some/all of them. We could always make a road trip to Florida, if necessary. :-)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'm so glad Sean will be able to stay with you! I'm also glad the birth mother signed her second set of relinquishment papers. The search for Roxana's birth mother made me really anxious: I feared she'd change her mind, and I was so relieved when she didn't! I'm happy that you're past that stage now!!

Anonymous said...

So Cool that Sean gets to stay! I'm glad getting the birth mother sign off is going smooth. That part really worries me.

Trudi said...

Excellent news about Sean staying AND the birth mother signing off. This all feels so right - and it just keeps getting better.

Leeza does look very tired in her pics. I hope she isn't coming down with something. I'll send some prayers! Glad Joe is better too.

Kelly and Sne said...

She does look a bit cranky - good thing Mom knows how to take care of it. Sleep seems to do wonders (I had Sne put Miras to bed early tonight as he was a whine-monster since he only took a very short nap at daycare).

Glad that you'll have company for the long haul. That Sean is a really good kid.

Anonymous said...

That's great the Sean gets to stay, you will have some company. And, Alexa does the same temper tantrum head flinging thing. I hate it because she's going to hurt herself some day! Last night at dinner she would have knocked her teeth out as she flung her head and the front hit the table. Good thing I saw it coming and put my arm there. Sheesh, what is it with these temperamental Kazakh kids??? ;-))))

Shannon

BabyKazfan said...

Hiya
It is Deb Gist writing from the Canadian Rockies. I got the log in and have read back to day one. I am so excited for you all! Leeza is darling, and she is blessed to be joining your wonderful family. I will stay tuned in to watch the developments. I have you in my thoughts and prayers.
xxxoo

Anonymous said...

How hard is that to find the birth mother?? That must be a relief. Also good news that Sean will be staying with you!!

Unknown said...

That's great news about Sean! He'll probably learn more in Kostani than he ever will in the classroom those first few weeks anyway. :-) Hey! Joe's Grandma and I share the same birthday (and my brother, too). I'm glad to hear Leeza's birth mom showed up for court. That's one less thing to worry about, huh? Just out of curiousity...do you learn anything about her or do they keep all of that stuff confidential?

Jennifer said...

Very cool that Sean gets to stay. I'm sure you'll enjoy the company too.

What a relief that her mom relinquished again. I can't imagine going through that stress!

Poor sleepy baby. She's adorable!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

It is great that Sean is staying -- he is having the education of a lifetime there. He will catch up at school.

Anonymous said...

Awww!! So excited about the court date. Your blog today made me cry... talking about her biological mom and you telling the judge how much we will ALL love her. I am so proud!! Glad Sean is staying. LOVE!!

XOXO, Nicole