Monday, September 1, 2008

Moody Monday!!




Moody Monday seemed to fit all our the Serra family today here in Kostanai. It was rainy and overcast and we were suprised that when we woke up it was already almost 9:30! I typically wake up around 8. It was chilly outside and rainy too. There is NO drainage in Kostanai, so when it rains, there are just huge puddles all over the place. It's delightful when you are a 10 year old boy though...Sean has to walk in ALL of them. I have felt tired all day today too, but the sun came out at lunch so I have a bit more "pep on my step" but I am still sleepy!

Tatiana started school today. She teaches English at the univerisity so her boyfriend, Ivan took us to the baby house. He is the NICEST guy and he also speaks english very well. I really like Tatiana and Ivan. They are so funny and kind hearted. Ivan told us 2 "dumb blond" jokes today at lunch.

It was very heavy traffic today on the way to the baby house. Everyone was all dressed up, and I asked Ivan if people to go church today due to the holiday but he told me no, it's the first day of school! The kids look SO NICE! The boys wear suits and the girls wear these french maid outfits, that I have seen so many times on other people's blogs. They look really adorable, but kinda "sexy" for school! We saw a bunch of girls that looked to be around Sean's age at the Gros today. I was saying that he should ask them how they are, in Russian, and tell them his name...but he got really mad and embarrassed. He is really embarassed easily!

When we arrived at the baby house, a lil soggy but no worse for the wear, Leeza was already eating. Sometimes, they get the food earlier and Leeza is the first one fed. Sometimes, they stop feeding her and let me step in, but today, they just kept feeding her, so I took advantage of the moment to hold some of the other kids. It was so fun! I was dancing with them and singing and they were all looking at me like I was from outer space,but they seemed entertained. One of Sean's favorites, who we have dubbed "Big Eyes" was holding onto Sean's legs in a tight embrace. I had to run to get my camera. Sean wants to get a lot of picture frames and have pictures of him and the kids all around his room. I think that is a wonderful idea!

Leeza was moody today! She was happy, then she'd have a "spaz attack" about something. She totally throws her head back and I'm so afraid she's gonna hurt herself. Sean made sure she always had a pillow behind her...LOL. He says that he will just duct tape a pillow to her head when she learns to ride her bike and skateboard. She had an adorable baby house outfit on today...Healthtex, 12 months, no doubt left by another family. She has worn it before, and she looks very sweet in it.


I had to change her into new purple jumper with her long sleeve shirt that says POP BRAZIL on it though.



That did not help her moodyness either....she was really ANNOYED with me for changing her clothes. Oh well princess, it takes PAIN to be beautiful, and you'll be better before you are married. So funny, those are the lines my dad used to tell me when I was a little girl and I would cry. :) So funny how it all comes back! She was really fussy during the first 15 minutes of our visit. Sean said, "Are you sure that is Leeza?" I think we got the wrong kid!"



I think I had to delete more than half the pictures I took today. She was moving all around and was not being very camera friendly! She still likes to clap though!

HURRAY FOR LEEZA!!



Her socks kept falling off today too, and she was having fun with her toes. I think she must be teething too because she is chewing on everything like a puppy! Including her toes!!! She bit my finger too and OUCH did it hurt!

Leeza had fun today playing with a ballooon, and the MOST fun playing with her socks. I wish I had that much fu playing with MY SOCKS!


Despite the fact that she had a couple "spaz attacks", we still had a good visit and some good smiley happy times.








ps. sorry for the duplicate photo's on here. I can't figure out hot to delete them without screwing up the post...I think I am just too tired. :)
SORRY!

18 comments:

Sandi said...

I love how you are able to post so many pictures. She looks adorable in that outfit,I just love it.

I guess its good your getting to sleep in now, because Leeza is gonna get you up early :-)

Its almost her birthday, I am sure momma is gonna get you a pretty new dress for your special day.

Sandi

Trudi said...

well, if she wasn't fussy sometimes, you'd never realize how happy she usually is. And fussy is good once in a while. I'd worry if she didn't have different emotions!
Cute as always. Sean's pillow idea is adorable.

Kim said...

Oh that is SO funny! My mom used to say "you have to suffer to be beautiful" all the time when I didn't want to wear a dress, etc.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. We are very excited to begin another adoption. No, there doesn't seem to be an age limit in Russia as in Kaz. All I can find on our agency site is "Russia is very lenient regarding the ages of parents." I think it's something like you can't be more than 50 years older than the children or something like that.

Kim

BabyKazfan said...

Good morning! Seems like you guys are doing well- I loved seeing all the stuff you bought- I thought the clothes were adorable!

Big Hurricane here in the states- we are watching it on TV before we head out for the Holiday.

Miss you guys!

Love,

Stacey

Matthew Ruley said...

Thank you for all the pics - Andrey also has spaz attacks - freaks out and throws his head back when he wants something he can't have...

Tracy said...

Moods come with being a girl... I am sure you know that! Just wait till she is 11-12... figuring out what hormones are all about!!!

SHe is a beautiful little girl.

Tracy

Susan said...

Leeza is moody now because she misses her daddy. I googled playing with socks and it said it was a form of withdrawl babies have when they miss their daddy:) Tell her I'm coming back in 2 weeks and that should cheer her up.

Signed,
Daddy

marsrob said...

She is SUCH a beauty!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Okay, we're BACK! Sorry we haven't posted in a few days -- it's been a busy Labor Day weekend! Leeza is so adorable, and we are so excited that you have added video! I still can't get over the high speed internet -- seriously, you are a rock star in blogger land.

Yes, tell Sean that apparently Chad Johnson has filed a motion in Miami (where he is from) to change his name to include Ocho Cinco in his name somewhere. It isn't getting much press in Cincinnati because people are more or less sick of his antics and the Bengals have looked terrible in the pre-season. It's shaping up to be a long year! At least Max looks adorable in his Carson Palmer jersey. hee hee.

We have so many similar tastes in music! Max rocks out to Beyonce, Dixie Chicks, 50 Cent, and a variety of others while we are on our five-mile jaunts. I can only take so many versus of kids' songs, but he does get to hear those, too. :-)

We left Max overnight with a friend on Friday -- he did great! We went with a bunch of friends to the Rascal Flatts concert -- we're not big country fans, but we had a blast. Of course, it took us both two days to recover, and that is no fun with a toddler at our feet. Ahhhh, how things change (and I wouldn't have it any other way!)

Do you have "fall" clothes with you? Or, is Joe bringing your fall wardrobe back with him?

Love seeing Sean and Leeza dancing!! I have tears in my eyes the majority of time I am reading your entries. We are just so happy for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

She doesn't look very moody to me, she looks all smiles as usual!! ;-)

Alexa does the same thing with the head flinging back. If she's on my lap facing outwards sometimes I think she might stop my heart she hits my chest so hard. And if she's facing me I have to be quick or she could flip herself off my lap. She hasn't done it in awhile so maybe she's outgrown it but it's kind of scary when they do it, huh? ;-)
Shannon

Kristen (and Cary) said...

So cute. I love all the pics.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Leeza,
It isn't easy being a princess. But I promise, you'll get used to it. And don't listen to what they say, you're entitled to be cranky every so often.
XOXO,
Rylie

PS- Tell your Mommy that my Mommy likes her shirt in today's pictures.

Karen said...

Even when the weather is downcast it's always sunny in the Serra world. Great photos as always. Leeza is a beauty.

Don't you just love the puddles? Now imagine late winter when the snow is melting and you've got 6-10" deep mud to contend with. With no drainage, you have to wait for Mother Nature to do all the work. Yuck-o.

Angela said...

I was thinking that her willingness to be fussy may mean that she trusts that she can be herself around you all.

Cute photos of her playing with her feet!

Brace yourself - it looks like it is going to be cooler and cooler over the next few days. I finally put a weather forecast gadget on my blog - highs in the 50s by Friday.

Yesterday must have just been a tired day. I had a hard time in the afternoon. You are so fortunate that Sean is here. I have spent pretty much all my time with Luca the last 5 years - definitely miss him.

Jennifer said...

I wonder if the tiredness thing is across the board. I've taken more naps in the past 5 days than I have in the past 5 months!

I remember when Gigi used to do the same thing flipping back. I thought she like to do baby back bends! Thankfully she doesn't do it anymore.

Moody or no, you guys all look so great! As usual. :-)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That's a pretty dress. I'm lovin' your high-speed internet... lots o' Leeza pictures!

Susan's Awesome Step Daughter said...

Hey, look who's alive! Everything looks super good and I'm very impressed that you're staying there the whole time, even without Pop.
The pictures are cute and I'm excited to meet my sister. But, the videos of you guys dancing to 'gangsta' rap are soooo embarrassing. But not as embarrassing as the video of Sean dancing to the Dixie Chicks with an infant strapped to his torso, God I can't wait for Sean to start bringing home girlfriends...he's not going to be able to date, ever.


Love you and miss you!

Joyce said...

So pretty in purple!
Grandmama Kaz