Sunday, August 10, 2008

Smiley Sunday!!








Thanks for all the compliments on the new blog background! The credit goes to Jenny Morgan...Mommy to the stunning Roxanna, adopted in Kostanai in the winter!!) She did it for me..she's so talented! Thanks Jenny!!!


It’s a GORGEOUS Sunday evening in Kostanai. The weather is sunny, warm in the sun, just a tad chilly in the shade. It’s PERFECT!! We had a later visitation with lil miss smiley today because it’s Tatiana’s day off and Eugene had the other 2 families at Rudney and us at the Delphin ( or is it Dolphin baby house? I have seen both, but I’m not sure) So, we slept LATE and went to visit Leeza from 1-3 instead of 11-1. She was on the potty when we got there, and gave us a big smile!! It’s so cute to see all this lil munchkins on their potties. They were all in a circle, just chatting away with each other.
We had to find someone with a key to the visitation room, then communicate we needed the key, then open the door with the key. We are such challenged American’s..but we were successful! Leeza was ALL SMILES today with us. We had such a good visit. She played the entire 2 hours, and was just happy and full of energy. I even changed her clothes today. I put her in a 6-12 month Old Navy outfit and it fit JUST RIGHT.{excuse the mess on her shirt..she had the hiccups so we gave her water out of our water bottle and it spilled on her shirt} I think she might be more comfy in 12 month though, cuz I was worried the pants were a big snug on her tummy, but she didn’t seem to think so. She was crawling, rolling, and walking all over the place today! She loves to walk with us holding onto her hands. Joe was hanging on to her hands and walking behind her, towards me, and she was just SCREAMING with excitement. Today was the most noise she has ever made. It was really adorable!! Her nose is still raw, and it was runny today, but it didn’t seem to bother her. She was just a happy camper and we all had fun!! She was crawling all over her big brother banging her stacking cups on him. Her face just lights up when she plays with Sean..it’s pretty adorable!!! Her other favorite thing to do today was sit in my lap and play with her toy or book, then throw it. Then, she would wait for Joe to get up, and pick it up and hand it back to her. She’d wait until he sat back down, then she’d laugh, and throw it again. It was cracking us up. Sean got a great video of it. (Yes, the things that drive you nuts that lil ones do, we are gushing about it and taking video….)
The caregiver came down and told us it was time for “cushat and spot” so we got her back in her baby house clothes, and I took her upstairs while Joe locked the door and returned the key. I got to feed her some yummy milk and cookies! The cookies were in the cup of milk, and she “wolfed it down”. It smelled really good. I was wanting a sip myself, but she was not SHARING! I do think I’m going to give her a bottle though when the day comes that she comes home with us. They stop feeding the babies out of bottle her at 9 months. They just seem thirsty all the time, even though they drink pretty well out of a cup. I just want that cuddle time with her too-and I think giving her a bottle would be good snuggle time for us. I remember when Sean turned a year and my pediatrician was very strict with “off the bottle”, but I think Leeza can be on the bottle a lil bit longer. I do have a sippy cup with me I should probably let her try too.
After our visit and Leeza went down for a nap after her warm milk and cookies, Eugene took us to meet the other families at this really cool place to celebrate Abel’s (one of the other families adopting here, has a son adopted here 4 years ago!!)“Gotcha day” 4 years ago. It was a really cool place, outside, and we all ate “shaslik” around a low table sitting “criss cross applesauce”. It was DELICIOUS! We had chicken, and lamb. It was so much fun and such a gorgeous day! The place reminded me of Sean’s church camp…it had a pool, hammocks, swings, and little cottages that people can stay in. There was a birthday party going on and they had “Mickey Mouse” come out , which was this chick dressed up in black tights and mouse ears. It cracked me up!!
We had a great time and I am still full! I got a lot of protein today! Eugene just called and asked me if I wanted to go to the gym with him but I declined. He called me a lazy American! I agree—I have not worked out in over a week! I’m such a slacker, but maybe I’ll feel like it later. I have to update my blog and let my shaslik digest before I can go to the gym!!

18 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

wow- she is so adorable! I'm going to miss checking these after we leave today....maybe we will have access to a computer in SC. Everyone looks great- so happy for you. Can't wait to meet her!

Love,

Stacey

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Roxana is thinks it's great fun to throw things, too. She just learned to throw a couple of months ago, and it brings her great joy. Leeza's development and growth are excellent, especially considering she lives in the baby house!

Speaking of the baby house, we call it "Dolphin House." The first day we were there (I didn't know the name of the baby house at that time), I asked Tatiana why there was a dolphin on the sign out front. She told me that the baby house was called the Dolphin House. I have since been confused by others calling it the Delphin House. Who knows?

We put Roxana back on the bottle when we took custody. She had horrible constipation (man, it and the resulting screams of pain were bad!) when we brought her to the apartment. I think it's because she didn't get anything to drink. Anyways, the IA clinic suggested keeping her on the bottle until 18 months since it's so good for bonding. She didn't seem to want a bottle at times (maybe because she felt vulnerable, or maybe because she wasn't used to it, or maybe because she wasn't hungry), but now she really sucks it down.

I'm glad all is still well in Kostanai! Leeza looks very happy today! She obviously enjoys your visits as much as you do!

Jennifer said...

I'm always amazed how people say they lose weight in Kaz. I see you're with me on that one! LOL! Seeing Leeza is my favorite part of this blog, but hearing about the food is my second favorite part. Albeit a DISTANT second, but second nonetheless!

She is so adorable in her camo clothes! The pic of her and Sean taken from above is my favorite. What a great shot of brother and sister.

Sarah and Andy said...

Great pictures!!!!!! Glad to hear all is well.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Love the camo outfit!!! Leeza sounds like she is totally coming along and opening up wonderfully to you all. Sounds like she'll be off and running on her own in no time at all.
And I'm glad you are all enjoying the food- after all of those worries and cramming all of that food into the suitcases. You probably could have left some of the food and brought those seven other sundresses I made you take out :-)

kitzkazventure said...

The picture of the kids smiling together on the floor is PRICELESS! I keep thinking that the pictures can't get any cuter and then they do! SO happy for you all. What a sweet family!

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

So is it just me or do Leeza and Sean look similiar? The cheeks, smiles and nose especially to me. Anyway they are both way cute and I love all the smiley Sunday pics! Gena

BabyKazfan said...

Good Sunday to you all from suunny ole Largo!! Cody is here enjoying your blog and she thinks Leeza is really cute:) Grammy took Cody, Gabby, Johnny and Gina over to your Nana and Papa's house today in their golf cart...pretty cool I'd say...then they went through the Wendy's drive-in and got chicken sandwiches and frosty's...Well, the Bucs won their 1st pre-season game last night!! Go Bucs!! Sean, I like the picture of you lying down with Leeza, did you take it yourself? Looks neat...Hey, I've noticed you've been wearing the Manning shirt lately, have you washed it yet?? It sounds pretty funny that your washing machine takes so long to use, maybe you can wear it until you guys come home! Miles will LOVE to smell that!!! You have 2 really cute sisters!!!

BabyKazfan said...

Susan, my sister Mary sent me your blog link. I am so happy for you and your family! Leeza is precious and looks to have found her perfect family. I hope things work out and that you are all home soon.
Cathy from Georgia

BabyKazfan said...

Hey Susan its Gina Lezza is looking more beautiful every day! and I am so glad u guys r haing such a great time! i'm sure joey in cali can't wait to see Leeza and jillian too.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so enchanting. Keep the posts and the pics coming!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alexa is 14 months and still gets a bottle of formula in the a.m. upon waking up and a bottle of milk in the pm before bed. What the heck, she likes it and I like the snuggle time. The rest of the day she eats regular toddler food (and is quite cranky when I try to feed her - SHE wants to do it).

You are having a great time and Kostanai sounds like a really nice place!

Shannon

Kelly and Sne said...

Leeza sounds like so much fun! What a smile! I guess you can do the South Beach diet easily in Kaz with all that meat around...

Bill & Khadine said...

Ah, the throwing game...Dylan has become a big fan as well, especially when it comes to food. He has discovered if he throws food on the floor, our dog Aimee will come over and eat it. They both think it's great fun. At least we don't have to clean the floor after lunch time! :-)

We also put Dylan back in the bottle after we brought him home. He absolutely loved it, but didn't quite know how to drink from it and was spitting up all the time. We tried different flow nipples and a few different bottle brands to no avail. So he's now exclusively on the sippy cup, although I do still have a bottle stashed away for emergency meltdowns at night (only had to use it once, thank goodness).

Glad to see things are moving on well. Leeza is stylin' in her new outfit!

Khadine

Karen said...

Eugene sounds like a fabulous driver (he is your driver???)—taking you everywhere—giving you the opportunity to meet other families. What a guy.

So great to see Leeza so happy. She's just soaking up all this attention as she should. The camo outfit will come in quite handy next time you encounter the "swat" team. LOL

The picture of Sean and Leeza smiling is just priceless. I'd definitely blow that one up and frame it.

Just love following your journey—keep writing' and smilin'.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Love the new blog look - kudos to Jenny! It is so great to be greeted by that beautiful Leeza smile! Your children are so adorable together. And I never would have dreamed that the first "modeled" clothes would be cammies! LOVE IT! (But, don't I recall a picture of a closet filled with pink frilly things?! HA!) She is crawling, pulling herself up to walk, etc. -- all fantastic. She'll be dragging you through Baby Gap before you know it! We tried to put Max back onto a bottle, too, but it was just too much of a distant memory fo him. Fortunately, he lets us snuggle him and rock him as he sucks down his milk using his sippy cup.

We are so happy for you!

MM said...

Hey Chickpea! I love the pic of Leeza sleeping on daddy's chest. They both look so peaceful. Tell Sean No More Horse, or he is in BIG trouble with me!! :) I sent out your pics to some folks at TD. Your friends miss you but are so excited for you! I may send Mac out there so he can learn to use the potty. That is hilarious that they sit together and use it! How run for Leeza to get to stand up and walk with you guys! Maybe we should get a saddle for her to ride Miles? :) I'll buy her a pair of spurs to wear on your walks with him. What is the countdown again? You guys visit her for 2 hours a day for how many weeks? Love you! MM

Trudi said...

Your baby girl is blossoming before our eyes. She is so pretty - it makes me awfully glad she has a great big brother to watch out for her.