Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Paka Paka Papa!!!




















































Joe left today...we dropped him off at the airport on the way to the baby house. I was sad this morning, but Sean quickly cheered me up and had me cracking up. I am pretty grateful for him right now!! Well,I'm ALWAYS grateful for him, but especially when he's cheering me up and making me laugh when I felt like a big ole baby for crying when Joe left.

I have talked to him twice already. He was met by our agency's staff in Astana and got a tour. He said it is GORGEOUS there, but VERY EXPENSIVE! He treated Baheet and her niece to lunch, plus his, and it was $5000 tenge. His hotel for 12 hours was 7000 tenge. We are indeed spoiled in our lil provincial town of Kostanai. Baheet does not speak english, but her 14 year old niece does pretty well. Joe said it was comical. He has that wonderful 4 am flight to Frankfurt so he is in a hotel that he said is like the Ritz Carlton compared to what we stayed in in Kostanai. He is being picked up at 1 am. He is hoping to stay awake, then crash on the plane, courtesy of ambien. I have heard from several people that the jet lag on the way home is pretty bad, so hopefully Joe's years of traveling full time will pay off and he will not suffer too badly. He has a ton of things going on at work, so I know time will fly for him. We sure do miss him already! He is our "rock" and he's so smart...full of common sense.He figured out the DSL on my laptop (he had to reset the network adpater (?), he figured out our dvd player in the apt plays our american movies, and he has an uncanny sene of direction. I am so glad that Sean is half him because I get turned around in the baby house. LOL

After he got settled at the airport (he flight was not delayed out of Kostanai (yay!) we went to see Ms. Leeza Grace. She looked so pretty today in something that actually fit her and she was alllllllllll smiles. Sean had her cracking up today, and had mom cracking up too. He was playing with her, and making up all kinds of stories about how she was a cyclist in the Tour de France and making her legs pedal and how she was the fastest because she had 2 expresso's and 2 monster drinks. She was cracking up, and I was cracking up. Then, he was building her "castles" out of her stacking cups and letting her destroy them, narrating in some english accent. That big brother is CRAZY! She has also been taking an interest in her "picture book" that we brought with pics of us, her room, Miles (the dog), her brother Joey and sister Jillian, Nana and Papa,(Joe's parents) and Mimi and Bobo(my parents). She has not been that interested in it before, but lately, she always looks at it like she's studying. I made 4 books for her (we have a huge family!) so I am going to bring the other ones in too for her to "peruse". She seemed very psyched about her cool Kazakhstani themed room! I didn't even SHOW her her closet filled with adorable clothes yet!!!

It was so nice out that we took a walk a few times around the baby house in the ergo. She fell asleep again (but I lOVE IT when she does that!!) and I let her "power nap" for about 15 minutes before we went back in.
She is so much fun, and she was very chatty again today, talking away to us. The head teacher commented on how much she looks like me today. More and more people are saying that....it warms my heart!!!

We sure miss Daddy, but he will be back in less than 3 weeks! He and Sean are going to leave day after court...then I will REALLY be cryin!! However, one look at Leeza Grace and that sweet lil face, and my tears will dry quickly. I know I will be fine, I'm just spoiled having these smart, entertaining men along for the ride.

I took a TON of pictures today. I think the picture taking is going to start declining, because Sean thinks I take tooooooo many,and Joe is now gone, so today is BONUS day to make up for the next few weeks when there will be less. :) Sean started covering up Leeza's face saying NO MORE PICTURES NO MORE PICTURES,right Leeza?!!
It cracks me up how she "walks" on her tip toes and even stand on her tips toes all the time, so I had to take pictures of her cute lil feet. I also had to get one of Sean carrying my purse (my new purse I got at the market...holds all my CASH, tenge, passports, chapstick and hand gel) while we walked around the baby house (I called it his "man purse" and he has to carry it since Joe is gone) and Sean trying one Leeza's "chepchick" , aka bonnet, that MUST BE WORN when going outdoors!

18 comments:

Karen said...

The pictures of Joe leaving are hysterical—he looks like he's on some serious meds. Ha-ha. I know you'll miss your man, but for some reason I suspect you'll be skyping every minute you can.

More great photos—it'll be hard to pick which ones to show in courts. I envy you. Remember we had to sneak in ours? The minute everyone left the room Bob would pull out the camera and snap, snap, snap. More than half were blurry and of course nothing was framed properly. So we had very few decent ones to show in court.

Also glad Sean is there to cheer you up—he's the most awesome 10 year old I know and I know a few. Keep on posting because we all love it.

Karen

MM said...

Hey Chickpea! What an awesome son you have staying behind to keep Mom cheered up! :) You are truly blessed. Tell Sean I am proud of him. I love love love the pics so don't take too few. Definitely understand if you want to spend more time playing with Leeza than taking pics though. I love how she and Sean play together.She is a lucky girl to have a bro that likes kids so much. :) And, of course a mom that takes such good care. Good luck to Joe on his journey home that it is smooth and the ambien works. Have you shopped for baby clothes out there? Leeza may want to see what they looked like when she grows up? Maybe when you guys get back Leeza can teach Mac how to use the potty. We could use some help there! All is the same out here, getting ready for the quarter end freak out, working on buy ins and trying to get the company paid. Don't you just miss it so? ha! You and Sean take care & be careful. LOve ya!

Sandi said...

Susan
You will be just fine. You are stronger then you give yourself credit for. Three weeks will fly by and Joe will be back.

Love the pictures, she is so freaking cute.

Talk to you soon on skype.

Sandi

marsrob said...

Never enough photos! She's A DOLL!!! I got a bit teary-eyed when I read that Joe left! But it is great that you have your son there - you are all amazing!!! Safe Travels, Joe!!!

BabyKazfan said...

I loved the pictures today! Very entertaining. So just you and Sean- you guys will be great! Joe leaving is just evidence that you are wrapping this thing up and will be home with your beautiful daughter before you know it!

Are you watching the democratic convention?

Stacey

Tricia said...

Susan, tell Sean that some of the men over there carry man bags, so he is fitting right in! Your sweetie will be back before you know it. So glad that Sean is staying to keep you company. The photos are great - love the tippy toes. Rustam has those stacking cups, too, and is a hoot with them. He puts the bigger one in his mouth and covers his whole face with it while he sings into it. Funny. We are starting to get it together, so I will try to get in touch this weekend. Enjoy your Leeza Leeza. Give S a kiss for me, too!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

I love the tiptoe pictures. And of course, Sean looks great with a purse. Tricia is right, they do carry man bags there.
I hope Joe had fun with Baheet. You know she is one of my favorite people in the entire world.
I'm glad Sean is here with you for this chunk of time, but you really will be fine when you are flying solo. I promise. Any day you are sad about being alone, just remember the alternative, and you'll feel much better!

And for whatever it is worth, I don't think you can ever have too many pictures. It is my fun activity while I eat lunch every day.

Trudi said...

oh don't stop the photo flow! Sean is genius about everything else, but not this. Your worldwide fan club awaits pictures!

I cannot figure out how you got two children who look so much alike. There's a God in there somewhere :) And to be so well suited temperamentally - it is beyond the beyond.

Note for Joe: bring back "NO JET LAG" -- and use it on your next trip! Get enough for all of you! You can get it at most pharmacies these days - and definitely homeopathic ones. It really works wonders. We travel extensively and swear by it.
Check out www.nojetlag.com for more info.

Anonymous said...

Time will fly by. It is good that Sean is staying to keep you company. Plus, who wouldn't be cheered up by Leeza's cute smile? (Cute feet too):) Can you believe you have been in Kaz a month? (almost)

Patrick & Eileen said...

Great photos! From the beginning we thought Leeza looked like an *old world* girl from a Flemish oil painting in her little hat. All she needed was a frock!

Sorry to hear that Joe is gone. Hope it's not too bad of a journey home. Sean will keep you and Leeza in stitches.

Take care,
Eileen

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Okay, seriously, does Sean know that he has set the bar INCREDIBLY high for other 10-year-olds? We're about to teach a ton of professionals how to be better "storytellers" -- maybe we can just fly Sean in to kick off the sessions! :-) We are sad that Joe has left, but now the next 3 weeks are a "different" experience, and it will continue to fly by. I think it will be so interesting to look back at each of your "chapters", and by having a different mix of people during each chapter, the variety will make it that much more of an adventure. We love the pictures, but we won't be surprised if Leeza cuts you off eventually. Leeza knows that to maintain her diva status, she'll need to limit her public exposure, so she is that much more elusive and eccentric. LOL.

We're leaving Max overnight tomorrow night at a friend's house for the first time, so we can head to a concert. We think he'll do better if he sleeps there vs. us picking him up at midnight. Do you think I'll be able to leave him there?! I'm not so sure.... :-)

I am so happy you have a great Internet connection. We love the daily posts!

Tracy said...

Her cute little toes.... so sweet.

I am sure you will miss Joe. I know our husbands are our rocks. Just enjoy your kids.

Take care,
Tracy

kitzkazventure said...

I was just thinking also that Leeza looked alot like you in the pictures today. Isn't God cool that way?! Our judge for court told my husband that he thought Nick looked like him and Nick is about as Kazakh as they get! LOL!
Funny though, others have said that too once we got home. God is Good all the time! :) So glad Sean is there with you and prayers for safe travels for Joe!
ky karen....
i am laughing at how many karens there are in the mix right now....Cinci Karen and I were supposed to meet up tomorrow but we are going to play next week instead....fun!

demarest6 said...

All I know is you are gettin' skinny! Maybe all that running wasn't the key--just lots of lovin'. Saying lots of prayers for you, I agree with Sandi, you are so much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Remember you are never alone!! I got a packet for Sean today, so I'll get in touch with Joe. I'm glad you are able to talk to him, that will give you peace. Enjoy this time, when you get home, you will not believe you were gone so long. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love the pics espeically where she is walking on her toes. She just looks so happy. I know you are sad that Joe is leaving but the time will fly by.

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you felt about Joe leaving. Its so hard watching your ROCK go. But, the great news is, the reunion is amazing!!!! Sean is such a cool kid. That judge is right...he is destined for something great. Ok, so let's skype. I left my laptop at school yesterday so I couldn't check for messages. I'm going to try to connect with you this weekend, OK? Oh! And I LOVE the latest outfit Leeza was wearing...the long-legged onsie thing. So cute!!!

BabyKazfan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BabyKazfan said...

tell sean mr.coddington is really nice we have 4 new people in school 3 girls a 1 boy oh and where in the same home room!!!!!! :) 1 girl has 6 toes on one foot joel paid her 5$ to show me it is weird so weird jt is scared of it today 5th grade got in a figt with 6th grade tommy got kicked in the head it was crazzy the lunch teachers had to break it up 3 times when i got out of it finaly my legs where bleeding u and jacob have the same little brother it is so cool we either play foot ball or socccer every day ok so see u when u get home
Jonathan