Friday, August 22, 2008

It was a really GOOD Friday (and our 3rd one here!)



I adore this picture. Sean looks so happy, and Leeza is like...Hummmmm....I think I'm gonna like living with them....






How could I be ANYTHING but delirious with joy with this princess in my lap?




Leeza's favorite game with Dad is the "head butt"




Leeza is sweet, but she can be "sassy"




Sean reading to Leeza because "readers are leaders!!!"




My brother is FUN!!!






She was "cracking up" with her lion who sings the ABC song..




This is her Happy Drunk look...




Happy girl, playing with her "duck"




Sean and Mom having fun at the carnival, but we wish Leeza was with us!!




It was really a GOOD Friday today. Leeza Grace had on her happy face! When we got there, lunch had just arrived and there was a playpen full of hungry crying kiddo’s. Leeza had big crocodile tears on her sweet lil face. We walked in and she broke out into this huge smile! That always melts my heart!! I got her bib on and went straight to work, and she ate very well. It was her favorite lunch today. Soup with the homemade bread for course 1, then some kind of beef cutlet (that looks like meatloaf) and mashed potatoes and cucumbers and tomatoes. She doesn’t “do” the cukes and tomatoes, but she loves the rest!!! We had a walk around the baby house, then inside to the visitation room we went. Today was a GORGEOUS DAY! After yesterday’s “heat wave”, today was just perfect. We had fun playing and hanging out today. Leeza started getting tired and fussy about 1:30, but mean ole Dad wouldn’t let her sleep. It was MY idea to take a walk with her in the ergo, but we just distracted her and she was fine. In fact, I’m glad we did because Mom AND Dad got lots of snuggle time. She is a good lil snuggler. She used to kinda push away when you’d hold her real close, but now she’ll let you hold her real close, cheek to cheek. It’s really sweet!! I love our playtime..3 hours goes by SO FAST! In fact, 3 weeks go by really fast…we’ve been here 3 weeks TODAY! It doesn’t seem like that long at all. I’m so happy here….this is truly a wonderful vacation.
When we took Leeza back to her group, they were moving all the kids in from outside to inside. Joe went to help carry babies, and Sean and I went into the playroom. Sean is really getting more comfortable picking up the kids. Today, I looked up and Sean had his buddy “Big Eyes” and they were “waltzing” around the room. It was really cute. Then, Leeza and I were “chasing” Sean around the room, and all the kids were in the playpen just laughing watching. It was hilarious. Leeza woofed down her cookies and milk, and only had a small conniption when it was done. I put her down in her crib (she is number 6) and she was just all smiles and giggles. She is so sweet…I just love her so much!!
While I feed Leeza her favorite snack in the entire world (baby version of cookies and cream milk shake, but it’s hot), Sean ran his baby entertainment show, and Joe was really connecting with 2 of the kids who have FAS. It’s so heartbreaking to see, yet, the kids seem so happy and are just “in their own lil world”. Joe was totally connecting with them and playing with them and it was just COOL.

We had lunch at our favorite crepe place, and I had a salad too. I am loving the salad’s here….they’re so good! They’ve very small, and have no lettuce. I just have Tatiana read the ones with no mayo, which just leaves 2 or 3 choices. Today, my salad had crab, tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives, with olive oil. It was so gorgeous out, we had Tatiana drop us off at the carnival. We saw 2 more brides. It guess it’s a big deal for the brides to come to Central Park and ride the carnival rides. I just LOVE the people watching…it’s so interesting! I love seeing the lil girls with their big giant bows. The people are really beautiful! We walked home and are meeting Tatiana and Eugene for dinner at Bavaria. It’s a German restaurant with an English menu. They have really good beer, and “bread balls” that are amazing!! I’ll start that diet on Monday….(yeah right!!!)

Tatiana just called and our DSL is FINALLY READY, but…the landlord mixed up the apt numbers. So, unless we want to wait 2 more weeks, we have to change apartments. It’s in the same complex though. LOL . I burn thru 3000 tenge cards in less than a week ($25) for dial up, so I told her we’d like to take a look at the other apartment. I really do love this one, but if the other one is the same, then it won’t take us long to move over.

Off topic question: Did anyone reading this blog by chance send me a 10mb email to my princess@tampabay.rr.com email address? I have 60 new emails, but the 10 mb one is first, and it won’t let anything else thru until it goes thru, and on dial up, it will NEVER go thru. If there is a way to cancel that email, please do so…or I’m hosed. Maybe it will come thru with high speed, but I know even at home with my fast cable modem, emails that are that large still take a while to download.


It was a very fun Friday, and I am soooooooooooooooo happy. God is sooooooooooooo good!!

15 comments:

Joyce said...

Wow! Glad to hear that all is well with all of you. I think the Baby House is going to keep your family instead of letting Lezza go home with you! You are so good for all of the rest of the little ones. Maybe you will have a new profession in life. Glad Joe is better!
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Angela said...

I'm not the sender of the email.

Looks like a great, great day. Leeza is all smiles! It is hard to believe you have been there for 3 weeks! It seems like you just left. It sounds like the Serra family is being such a great help to the baby house and comfort to the children.

Karen said...

DSL in Kaz seems like an oxymoron. In Uralsk, you were lucky if the internet was up at all. And people there just take things in stride. No water today. No electricity tomorrow. That's just life in a former Soviet country.

Leeza is such a happy baby—what a joy to see her beaming face every day. (As well as yours.) Susan, you are just glowing when she's in your arms. It's just wonderful to see.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

It's so sweet that walking into the room brings a smile on your child's face. That's s great feeling! Leeza's smile is so beautiful!

Sorry you have to change apartments, but the high speed internet will be great!

Sandi said...

I'm so happy that Leeza Grace lights up when you enter the room, and why wouldn't she. Sounds like the BH staff is gonna kidnap youguys, glad your able to enterain the other kiddos.

3 weeks sure does fly buy. A few more days until precourt :)

Sandi

kitzkazventure said...

Hearing about Sean and the kids is just priceless. He is going to be such a fun and interactive big brother....what a gift!

You guys are just so cute to see in pics. All smiles and joyful!

I think it is great how God puts people in an environment that they can handle. We actually liked the cold but would have been whiney with the heat...any heat. You Floridians are doing great in the heat! Impressive. I can't believe it has been 3 weeks already!

Still more happy days ahead! Yeah, that Sean gets to stay....this is (to me) a much more valuable experience for life than the first few days of school. Kudos for you for letting him stay and "learn" a greater world view! ;) karen

Anonymous said...

They got the wrong apartment number for the DSL. oops! I'm with you I'd move too.

I didn't send the big e-mail but here's an idea... Can you access your "webmail" to view the large e-mail file and delete it? That's what I do if I get one 'stuck' or when we are traveling (slow Internet) I use "webmail" to purge e-mails and only download the one's I need into Outlook.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Funny, I thought about sending you pics of Max to your email, but then I remembered how I couldn't open anything like that while I was in Kaz, so I refrained! :-) Phew, I'm glad I'm not the guilty party. LOL.

We NEVER got smiles from Max like you are getting from Leeza -- we still barely have any photos of him smiling at the camera! She is a total love bug, and it is so great to see the sparkle in her eyes. Time is flying, and we are so happy you are enjoying every minute. We had a great in-country experience, but the level of in-country service you are receiving is the Platinum Program! Isn't it so ironic, given the US-based challenges of your agency?! Yet one more inexplicable part of this international adoption maze.

So, so, so happy for you!!!!

Lots of love,

Karen, Glenn and Max.

Jeannine said...

I sent you an email at Princess early on, but it was just a regular email.

Your family is just precious.

BabyKazfan said...

hi susan-

I sent you an article from the washington post a few days ago- that could be it- I'll look and see if I can cancel it.

Stacey

demarest6 said...

Thinking of you! What a testimony you have! The INCREDIBLE positive attitude you have had about everything is a blessing to everyone around you, keep on letting your light shine girlfriend. --hi Sean it is Mary
Praying for continued blessings and all those kisses are from the Father!!!xoxoxoxoxoxo

Jennifer said...

60!?! Oh my gosh, you are amazing girl! How do you keep up?

I loved, loved, loved the pictures of you and Leeza in the beginning. You guys are both beautiful in your smiles.

Yay on the DSL! I hope the other apartment is nice. We had DSL and while it isn't super fast, it is WAY better than dial up. I surfed all day long on the DSL. LOL!

BTW, it wasn't me.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Love the pics!!!! She has such a great smile. And I love that you wrote Readers are Leaders. You are such a dork :-)
I especially love the 3rd picture of Mama and Leeza!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your e-mail clog. I have been sending e-mails. The Baby House didn't know they were getting such an incredibly involved family. Glad you are making the adventure so positive for everyone involved.

Enjoy your time. We all enjoy reading your adventures and can't wait to see you when you get back.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Good luck with the DSL -- that is worth moving apartments. I love hearing about your days.