Sunday, August 17, 2008

It's a jolly Holiday with Leeza...




I nailed my Daddy with my elmo/cookie monster toy. I love to bang things--I bang my own head all the time too, with my toys. I have the bruises to prove it.
Mom says I may be a tomboy--what is that??






Playing with this guy is big fun too. My brother is very funny!!!





She is thinking..Man, my dad is cool!!!





Chillin on the couch with my Daddy!!




I love the lil smirk on her face!! Can't you just eat her up? Even Sean says.."she's so cute!!" and kisses her and pats her head (like a puppy)







Can you tell this girl likes to MOVE? She just needs practice. I think she needs one of those toys you stand behind and push. Sean learned to perfect his walking with those....






Gorgeous flowers at Central park


Gorgeous Kazakh bride and groom getting off the ferris wheel!





Sean and Mom on the swings-we're such SWINGERS..{LOL}




Sean and Mom on the "Russian swing"




Mom and Sean on our 2nd ferris wheel ride, but Dad came with us for round 2!






Views from the top of the Ferris Wheel...isn't Kostanai pretty?



Sean and Mom on the ferris wheel



The ferris wheel at the Carnival at Central Park

It says Nestle for Men, but the woman in our apartment ate the whole thing without sharing with the men!!


Today’s post will be short and sweet, and instead of words, I will load it with pictures!!
Today is our 3rd Sunday on Kostanai and a lovely Sunday it was. I felt like singing that Mary Poppins song…”It’s a jolly holiday with Leeza, cuz Leeza is the one girl that we love” or however it goes when Dick Van Dyke is in the park and he’s singing about the lovely holiday with Mary Poppins.


Leeza was lovely as ever (when is she not?!!) It was a warm, sunny, gorgeous day. They had the poor chica in flannel jammies with feets, plus socks, plus a short sleeve shirt with a long sleeve shirt over it. We only walked around the baby house once because I was afraid she might have heat stroke. I fed her lunch, and we went to the visitation room. I brought this ADORABLE lil cordouroy skirt from the Children’s place and a matching hat. The 12 month size fit her perfect, and the onesie was 12-18 months from Old Navy and also fit well. I really think most of the clothes I have it her closet at home are going to fit her, hopefully!! She has the sweetest chubby cheeks and chubby baby legs!! I love having an extra hour with her. We are able to manage lots of snuggles, good tummy time, walking practice, and standing practice, and playing! Her core is VERY strong, but she needs to build her leg strength. Today, she sat on the couch next to Joe and Sean and just played with her stacking cups just content as could be. I used to feel like chopped liver because she is so ENAMORED with her daddy and her brother, but lately she also seems to really like to snuggle with mommy and be held while I sing her favorite songs.

After we dropped the angel back into her group, we went to Dolce Vita for lunch. I had lasagna and a beer. It was quite tasty! We went to the carnival today at the central park. It was a gorgeous day and so much fun!! Tatiana stayed to buy our tickets for us, and then we hung out. We rode the ferris wheel twice, these swing things, and then Sean and rode this “Russian swing” that you stand up and pump yourself. It was fun, but we got going really high and my stomach wasn’t too happy so we had to stop. We walked home and it was just lovely. Kostanai seems like such a family friendly town. At night, we see many families outside, at parks, walking around, and outside our apartment building. I love looking at the gorgeous people. Sean said they stare at us, but I don’t even notice. It’s just so lovely here!! The flowers are gorgeous!! The pictures are from the carnival, and from the top of the ferris wheel. Enjoy!! Now you can see why we love it here so much!!

Well, I said this would be a short post and I am still rambling. Oh, I also had to get the obligatory “Nestle for Men” chocolate bar. It was yummy-I got the kind with almonds!!
Oh real quick..funny story. At the Gros (the grocery store here), I wanted to get some apples. You have to pay for the fruit when you buy it, not at the checkout. Tatiana told me I could order it since I know how to say it. So, I gather up my courage, and say “Tva segne yablica pajulsta” and she said something that I didn’t understand and Tatiana said “green apples?” and I said no, “Segne” and she said “you just ordered 2 blue apples”. I started cracking up and I couldn’t stop. I’m such a dork. I know that CRASNE is red, but I got nervous I guess…No harm done. I got my 2 red apples and I’m sure the girl thought I was a really dumb American!!

19 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Hi!

I just missed your phone call- we are up- I just picked up the phone and it stopped ringing! Call me back! Errr... you probably won't see this for another hour or so.

Stacey

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

You're making me want to jump on a plane to come over and have some fun (with Max, of course!). It looks so beautiful and your lifestyle is enviable! Leeza is so cute in her pink skirt. Great news that she will fit into her chic wardrobe. We are so happy that you are enjoying her beautiful birthplace, and she will love looking at these pictures forever.

Angela said...

The carnival looks fun . . . and dangerous :)! As always, beautiful photos of the lovely Leeza!

I teach a class in visual culture - something tells me that I am going to gather a lot of good material while we are there. Nestle candy bars for men? Using virility to sell candy bars? Good material! You go Susan - break those gender barriers!

Monica said...

Haha! Blue apples might be good.
Love reading about your adventure. You are BRAVE! I agree with Angela that the rides you went on look a bit scary to me.
Leeza is looking SO cute and happy!
:)
Monica

BabyKazfan said...

Hey Sue, Joe, Sean, and Leeza!

So excited the two week bonding period is over and you are on to the next phase!! Little Leeza is beautiful! Your pictures and posts are great! Love Leeza's outfits. The pink skirt is so cute! I want to hear more about what she is eating...what is her "soup?". Sean...I can tell you are going to be such a great big bro! Love you, Noelle

Monica said...

I forgot I had something I wanted to ask you about....
Have you been able to see any of the Olympics? Wondering what that's like watching that on TV in Kaz?

Jeannine said...

I am so happy you are having a good time. Kostanai looks beautiful. You are having perfect weather. I want one of those candy bars for men. What's up with that? Leeza is just blossoming and you are glowing!

Karen said...

As Dick Van Dyke would say, Leeza is so "loverly." The pink skirt is so cute--she's going to be one fashionista.

Candy bars for men? What's up with that?

Matthew Ruley said...

I always wondered if the Just For Men Chocolate refered to it having nuts.

Kelly and Sne said...

Leeza is adorable in her little outfit - are you dressing her in your clothes now? And you look pretty buff yourself - is the Kaz diet working?

Looks like you had a great day. They do know how to relax and have fun. We weren't brave enough to try the ferris wheel. We kept having visions of a sudden electricity outage (all too common!) just as we reached the top!

I've never heard of Nestle for Men - too funny - nor blue apples!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love her cute outfits. I trying to pack gender neutral and it is hard... The boys like the pics of the carnival. Glad everything is going well!!!

Trudi said...

wonderful photos! Thank you!
Gotta ask - is there a chocolate for women too? Suzanne's comment was hilarious.

Leeza will be strengthening those legs in no time. She seems like she's a pretty good size for a Kaz baby - that's great!

Anonymous said...

I wondered about that chocolate for men too!! I love Leeza in her sweet pink skirt! it looks like you are doing ok...Joe feeling better I hope? Question: Who is your facilitator in Kaz? We are looking for a name.

Julian and Sara said...

Hi! Leeza's pictures are SO cute!! Loving the blog and the chance to share your wonderful and happy journey. You guys sound almost giddy. :) As you should!

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Love the story about the apples, isn't that weird how Gros makes you do that? I also had Farida do the speaking for me ;-) You're much braver.
Shannon
p.s. I also brought back a bunch of "Nestle for Men" for the men in my life. I didn't taste it but they said it was good!

Patrick & Eileen said...

It looks like you are having a lot of fun. Really making the most of your time. That's fantastic. I hope that we can do the same where we're going? Still no idea what our region is like.

I'm guessing you ARE dressing lil' Ms. Leeza. Very chic!

Wait until I show Pat the "Nestle for Men" chocolate bar! Too funny!

Keep up the great updates!

Eileen

Unknown said...

Hi! Kostani is beautiful!! You all look so healthy and happy. I'm glad to see Joe is out and about and hope he's finally kicked that cold for good.

Joyce said...

You all are doing so well! I am just so proud of you and that you are such a fine example of what it is to be a great family, and wonderful Americans! My Mom always used to say "Always remember who you belong to!" And she would then tell us to act accordingly. You all are great! Keep up the good work, and love little Lezza as often and as much as you can!
Love ya,
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Jennifer said...

I love your apple story! And thank you for the pics. Kostanai looks so beautiful!

That pink skirt is so cute. I just love the skirts on the little girls. They all make me smile.