Monday, August 18, 2008

Leeza all dressed up and CRACKIN UP!



My brother Sean's HILARIOUS and he makes me really smile
I never knew I could laugh this hard I hope he stays here for awhile!!









This is my brother Sean..he's so funny!
He makes me laugh, even when my nose is so runny!




She's dressed to impress, but her dress is kinda short
Mommy, says Leeza...please get me a skort!!




Mom and Leeza, aren't they cute
Mom's 'ok' but brother's a hoot!!




a poem by Leeza

With my mom in her kerchief and me in my dress
I vowed with my juice I would NOT make a mess




Kazakh boy jammin out on his Dombra. He's actually pretty good!




2 Kazakh dolls..One by herself and one on her horse. She will eat him later. HA HA



Our Kazakh souvenirs we bought..BY OURSELVES..we are so proud!





Our Kazakh style yurt...what the Nomad Kazakhs used to live in..

When we went to see the lil miss today, she was all dressed up, in this pretty lil dress, sitting on the potty with her buddies. We got the cutest pictures!! She looked absolutely adorable! It’s like she knew it too, because when she ate lunch, she spilled nary a drop on her dress…not even when she guzzled her drink out of the tea cup! I asked Tatiana what it was they drank….it has apricots in it. It’s warm too, it’s like “warm healthy tea” made with apples, apricots, etc. She LOVES it and always drinks it all down. She usually spills a bunch too, it seems like almost half drips out of her mouth and into her bowl. However, today, she didn’t spill a drop! Sean said it was probably Aigul’s idea to dress her up since I am always so messy feeding her! WHATEVER SEAN!
During lunch, while I feed Leeza, Sean did his rounds playing with his pals. When we were fixin to walk around the baby house before we went to play in the visitation room, Aigul put down a towel and motioned for Sean to sit there. He stayed and entertained the kids. It was really precious to watch.
I have to say, I am VERY proud of Sean. I hate to sound like “one of those Mom’s" (who always brags about their kids incessantly) but I am just LOVING watching Sean in Kostanai. Don’t get me wrong, he still has his “pre teen moments” and he’s still “sassy Sean” and gets on my nerves sometimes, but I feel like I’m seeing a whole new side to him. It’s nice being away from the everyday life distractions to “re bond” as a family. He loves it here as much as we do, if not more. He not only entertains all the kids, but he entertains us too! We were playing this World History trivia game we brought last night, and not only is he WAY SMARTER THAN HIS MOTHER (but I already knew that) his witty comments had me in stitches. I am just so proud of him and so grateful for him!! He really is an “old soul” and he has such a way with children..it just melts my heart! You should see the way he gets these kids faces to just LIGHT UP! It’s really incredible to witness. Enough mush…

We did have a great visit with the lovely Leeza today. She is working on making those lil legs strong. She does love to stand up and play..and bang her toys on the table. I love her sweet lil legs..you can see the lil dimples in her knees in some of the pics I am going to post. She is DEFINTELY not one of those “skinny babies”. She is just perfect..practically perfect in every way…(there I go with those Mary Poppins references again..)
Sean had her CRACKING up today. I had not seen her laugh like this before. She was just giggling and falling forward in daddy’s lap and her lil shoulders would shake. He was jumping all around just acting goofy…but she found it absolutely HILARIOUS!

We did find out our judge today. It’s the cool judge, but also the “slow judge.” I remember when Khadine spoke about that on her blog. She is nice and fair, and familiar with adoptions, so for that I am grateful. I was just hoping for “faster” rather than slower, because slow means that Joe will be leaving after pre-court. In fact, this also means poor Joe will be making 3 trips. He will leave after precourt (hopefully we'll have that next week), then come back for court, then leave after court until we're done with the waiting period and have Leeza's passport and ready to take her to Almaty before we can fly back home. I feel bad for Joe, and bad for Leeza too, because she adores her daddy and I know she will miss him!! From what Tatiana told us, it's usually 3 or 4 weeks AFTER pre-court that court is held, but mostly 4 with this judge. We don’t have our pre-court date yet, but hopefully we’ll have it tomorrow. Honestly, I’m not in a hurry to leave. The 2 other familes here are done with the official bonding period on Wednesday and they are both leaving. They looked at me like I was INSANE when I said I was staying the entire time. I’m sure I’ll need to go back and re-read these comments around week 7 or so…but I truly love it here and the weather is perfect. I’m not working full time, and I just feel that I need to stay. I have heard so many people say that you do what feels right,and that is SO TRUE for me!! I pray everyday thanking God for bringing us here to Leeza. We are so blessed and so fortunate, I just can't see leaving her when we're just getting her used to us. she loves her caregivers and they love her. Sean, of course, thinks she is their favorite. Plus, Florida is hot, humid, and a tropical storm is heading our way. Big thank you to my BFF Jill for bringing in our all furniture, etc on our patio in case the winds get gusty. You’re the best! Hopefully, it won’t hit the Tampa Bay area at all, and if it does, hopefully it’s a category one and just gets a lil windy then passes by.
We had a yummy pizza lunch (and I had a really good salad with cheese, tomatoes, and red peppers) and then we went to the Kazakh souvenir store BY OURSELVES! Tatiana ordered lunch for us, then she had to go take the Wiley’s home from the baby house, so we got done eating, and walked to the souvenir store. I was proud of us, with my very limited Russian, we got Sean a dombra, a yurt, a darling knit hat for Leeza, a doll, and a lil doll on a horse. I have included photo’s. Sean has enjoyed jamming out on his dombra. He likes playing it, and can play the same songs he plays on his guitar. ROCK ON KAZAKH SEAN!! Sean also got a lil Kazakh pin with the flag on it to wear or put on his backpack!

To answer some of the questions: Yes, we watch the Olympics. It’s all in Russian, but Joe watches it a lot. It’s on right now, but I’m doing blog and picture time.
Joe is feeling better, but he is going to the doctor tomorrow. He cannot kick his cough, but he DOES NOT HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF PNEMONIA. It’s a very dry cough, we believe aggravated by the dust here. He is prone to sinus infections, then got a cold from Leeza, then the dust I think caused it all to settle in his chest. It doesn’t hurt to breathe, and we checked him against every symptom on web md for pneumonia, so please don’t worry. He said I am not allowed to mention him anymore because I made his mom worry. He is going to see a pulmonogist tomorrow though.
Heidi-Please email me at princess@tampabay.rr.com and I will email you back the names of our in country people. I am so sorry you are going thru such a hard time. I will continue to pray for you guys. I am so sorry!!
Laura D…Depending on when our court date is, I am thinking about leeting Sean stay with me until court. Maybe you could talk to Mr. Coddington for us and see what would be required of Sean as far as making up the work? I agree with you-Sean is AMAZING over here. Not only would I miss him, but the kids will miss him. Leeza will get depressed if all the fun guys leave her and she’s stuck with boring ole mom!!

19 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I love the picture where you are looking at Leeza so adoringly. The other pictures are great, too! I am glad you have a "cool" judge but am sorry that the process will be extra long. I hope that Joe gets completely well and that Sean can stay with you for until Joe comes back for his second trip.

Angela said...

Another great day in Serra-stan!
It sounds like this is a life changing experience for Sean. This is probably the perfect age for him to do this - not in the "I-am-so-bored-with-all-of-you" teen years yet old enough to "get" all of this. Maybe we will adopt another when Luca is that age :)! Never say never.

Leeza looks so cute in her girly girl dress! She looks so happy every single day. I was going through clothes that we have inherited last night and it made me weepy and kind of overwelmed by the thought of dressing a girl. Boys are pretty easy . . . but girls?! It will be fun though.

You are making progress through the process!

dnd82001 said...

So so happy that you guys are on your way to getting the next steps done. Drag that it will take so long but it is great that you are loving it and are preparing to stay.

Hope Joe is feeling better soon!

You guys are the best and your daughter is precious!!

We are leaving today - keep me updated on our blog so we know how you are doing - not sure how much blog stalking I will be able to do!

Darlene

Karen said...

Wow, you are quite the prolific blogger. The great pictures, the vivid details it's as though I'm right there beside you.

Sorry to hear you have the pokey (but fair) judge. I can't imagine making three trips so I feel for Joe. It would be awesome if Sean could stick around a bit longer. You're doing the right thing by staying put, especially since your U.S. agency is no longer in business. It's important you're there with your in-country coordinators, ensuring nothing stands in the way of adopting your preciousl little Leeza. BTW her blue dress is to die for. :-) Keep up the great attitude Susan!!!

Aaron and Julie said...

I love all of the Kazakh loot that you have found! We have a yurt similar that is a nativity scene. I am glad that you are staying, the days won't always be easy, but it will be good to be there. Sorry the process will be long - but it sounds like you know approximate time frames, which makes a world of difference!

Sean was meant to have a little sister, I adore the photos with him and reading about his antics :)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Love the new pictures. Leeza looks like such a little doll in her little dress! I am glad you got a good judge. Slow can be frustrating, but a good judge familiar with adoptions is way more important in the long run. And yes, you have to do what feels right. People kept telling me to leave Rylie and come back in January after all of the holiday slowdown. I stuck to my guns and told them no because it felt right for me to stay. So 10 weeks it was. And it was so worth it.
I hope Sean gets to stay. The truth is, school is important- but the life lessons he is learning there will carry so much more weight in the grand scheme of his life.
Take good care of yourselves!
XOXO

Trudi said...

Fabulous photos - Sean and Leeza together: priceless. I think you are so wise to stay throughout this - I wouldn't let that precious angel out of my sites either! I hope Sean can stay. I do know that there are some online schools he might be able to attend in the interim so he keeps up. And they are apparently pretty good! We have a relative who teaches at one so if you need info, I would be happy to ask (trudibehr@gmail.com). It would be great if Sean could stay the whole time -- I think he is learning so much that will shape his life in a positive way.

Alysa said...

Cute photos and very cute poem! What fun you are having! I hope you can get everything worked out for Sean to stay with you.

MM said...

Hey Chickpea,Another nice blog from big bro Sean too, I see! Maybe he can get credit for writing in the blog? I think he should get school credit, he's learning another language, reading, playing music, seeing social science/politics in action (masked men with guns) and writing. Leeza is just adorable in her outfits! I bet you can't wait to shop more for her! Thanks for continuing to fill us in on all the details & I will pray for the judge to be speedy! Love ya!

Sandi said...

Wow what a great post. I've been gone for 5 days and just finished catching up. So happy all is going well for you and I hope Joe gets to feeling better.

Sean's post was great, he has his mothers writing abilities.

Great chatting on skype this morning, too bad our connection died.

Talk to you soon.. miss ya

Sandi

BabyKazfan said...

Hello!! The next time you're at the store,(if you haven't already) pick up a couple of those cute little bonnets for Brooke and Judy, what an adorable trio they will be all dressed up!! I saw Virginia today at the open house, the kids were meeting their teacher and getting acquainted with the classroom and such. Wow, alot of hoopla on TV with the storm. School has been cancelled for all areas tomorrow, (the 1st day). We're thinking of you guys often...

demarest6 said...

Consider it done. Have you taken a moment to look back on the first day of pictures? What an amazing transfirmation, in all of you. I can just hear the happiness in every post. I was at the school today and was telling Mrs. Miller that you have your little girl and she said darn she won't get to see her because you are at the other campus, I said don't you worry she'll bring that baby to over for many visits! Everyone is so anxious to meet Leeza! Sean, I am so happy that you and Mary are in the same class this year! Are you still taking guitar lessons? I want to get John lessons, who do you take them with? Joe, feel better, let us know when your home, we'll bring you over some grub! Love you all. xoxoxoxo

BabyKazfan said...

Hi- So glad to hear Joe is feeling better! Adorable pictures as always. School started today for us- first day of 1st grade for Janny!

Give everyone a hug from Aunt Stacey and let us know how Joe's visit with the doctor goes.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Great post. Sean is so awsome. I'm glad you are staying - what a gift to be able to do so. Leeza is so fortunate. I am not able to do it but I am hoping that I can convince Cary to stay.

Joyce said...

Oh my, Sean is the best with the little kids! Lezza looked beautiful in her little dress. I am glad Joe is going to the doctor! Everyone stay well.
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Julian and Sara said...

Great post - as usual! :)

Anonymous said...

You guys just rock on, don't you? You have such a positive attitude for such a long wait and I admire you for that. Plus, Leeza is freaking cute ;-)

Loving you blogs so keep them up,
Shannon

Sally said...

I have just spent an hour catching up on all the cute pics and reading not only your blogs, but Sean's...WAY TO GO SEAN!!! I have loved all the details describing your visits with Leeza and your adventures in Kostania. It sounds like you all are having a fantastic adventure!! And enjoying every moment with your new daughter. That sounds so cool saying "your daughter!!!" Can't wait to meet her! Loved hearing about Sean and how cute he is being with all the kids!!! That's just awesome...WAY TO GO SEAN, (again)!! YOU GO BUDDY!
We are praying for Joe and that he continues to get better. Can't wait to hear about the doc visit.
Love you all and I'm so thrilled for you! (Love your positive outlook on everything too!)

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy that you are happy with your decision to stay. That is so comforting that you have made a decision and have peace about it.

I don't think you're crazy for staying the duration. I loved my time in Kaz. Sure there were tough moments, and there are times when it's not like home, but overall, it's an experience I will treasure for a life time and wouldn't trade.

I LOVE that dress on Leeza! I wish I had something as frilly and light as that for Gigi!