Tuesday, August 5, 2008

These are few of her favorite things....









Everyone sing along to the Sound of Music...These are few of my favorite things...when the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad...I simpy remember my favorite things...and then I don't feel....so......bad!!!!


Today, Leeza's favorite things were Mommy's bling bracelet and the ROCK Sean was kicking. Doesn't that show a nice balance for a baby sister? Bling for her "fashion forward mother", and rocks for her brother!! That's our girl!!!

I also got a couple shots today of her without her sweet bonnet so you could see her hair. She does have some-it's very blond. Also, no blue dots today. I didn't think to explain the blue dots because I am so used to seeing them from my "blog queen days",but the blue dots are what the caregivers put on the kids bug bites in Kaz. They are outside all the time in the summer, so, unfornately, their sweet skin gets bitten by bugs. We have not been bothered by bugs at all. Our windows are open,(in our apartment) and we even packed screen, but we haven't been bothered. I reckon we are not "sweet enough" for the bugs. They don't like us "stinkin American's" perhaps. FINE WITH ME!!The cool breeze must keep them away.


We had a wonderful Tuesday with the lovely Leeza today. Today was daddy’s turn to feed her lunch. As Sean KEPT saying, “Dad does it better than you, Dad is as good as the caregivers”….WHATEVER!!!! Yes, I know, Joe is good at EVERYTHING. However, Leeza ate more lunch when her messy mommy fed her yesterday. She seemed a lil stuffy today and she seemed kinda sleepy too, so we made sure we got lots of cuddle time. I can already tell that Leeza prefers to be BUSY! (Karen-her and Ryan are sure to be BFF’S!!) and she loves music. I have a lil baby Einstein radio thingy that plays classical music and she loves it. She also seemed to love mommy’s off key singing to Jesus loves me, Jesus loves the lil children, and He’s got the whole world in his hands. He sure does have the whole world is his hands, as he unites Leeza with her family!! I continue to give thanks and praise for the blessings bestowed upon all of us with this wonderful gift of a child.

We introduced to her to a couple new toys today. Yeah, um, maybe I brought too many, but we are only on day 4 and she does clearly like toys. She liked the lil sunshine today that had a mirror on it. She kept “talking” to the mirror..I think she was saying. “Wow-you are cute-will you be my BFF? Do you have “bling” like this lady who comes to visit me? Now, SHE has some GOOD BLING!!”
Now, it's clearly obvious that God ha a great plan in uniting Leeza her family…she loves BLING just like her mom. She liked my bling bracelet a lot and kept hangin on to it. Her other fav activity today was following the rock that Sean was kicking as we walked around the baby house today. She would follow that rock with her eyes, as he kicked it along. I think she has some pretty good vision-she was mesmerized with the rock. Joe said….”Ah Leeza, you have all the toys, yet you like the rock BEST…you are a very normal baby!!”
However, she also DOES like the toys too, and she likes my bling.

Tatiana was taking Nick today to meet his family in Almaty so her boyfriend, Ivan, picked us up to take us to the baby house and also took us to lunch. We tried out a new place..that I have heard a lot about in my other Kostanai friends blogs..DOLCE VITA. It was “ochnen cusna”…very delicious. I had a beer, and pasta with pesto and pine nuts. Sean had noodles with meatballs, and Joe had lasagna. Ivan speaks really good \English, and is a very nice guy. Everyone is so nice here!

The other family with our agency arrived today and all 3 families are meeting up for dinner. They meet their kiddo tomorrow. All in all, I have to say life is very good in Kostanai for the Serra family. We are well aware of what is happening with our agency in the states, and we are sick about it. However, we are done with our agency in the states since our dossier and our family is already in process in Kostanai. My heart goes out to the other families affected by this latest news.

Leeza likes bling, Mom likes the beer, and Dad has his trio working again, and Sean is pretty easy going anyway, so we’re all pretty happy. I think lunch cost us around $9. I cannot believe how cheap and good the food is. I just really wish I spoke and read Russian fluently. I am glad I know the few words I do, as every little bit helps.
My heart is very full.

Thank you all for your comments and emails. They mean the world to us. I can read my emails, but I can’t respond to them for some reason. My outlook doesn’t work when I try to send. Skype is a godsend, as we got to talk to my dad, Joe’s parents, and my sister last night. Since I don’t have my phone, I don’t have a lot of people’s phone numbers if I didn’t have yours memorized. The connection on skype is really good too.

Please keep up the comments, prayers, and well wishes. Leeza is our daughter in our hearts, but not an "official Leeza Grace Serra" legal family member until we get thru court and the waiting period. Every second we spend with her, we all fall in love with her more. I wish we had more time with her…2 hours flies by and leaves us yearning for more. I cannot wait to get her home and walk around the neighborhood in the ergo, and go to Cafe Bebe, and walk with Lisa at the park....so many things to look forward too.

27 comments:

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She sounds wonderful. I'm am so happy for the Serra Family.

Patrick & Eileen said...

I can't see the new uploaded photos yet. That happens sometimes but then they mysteriously appear later. I'll have to check back in!

I've been excited to read your updates to see what's going on with the Serra family. You're enjoying yourselves and wish we could be there with you!

I'm glad you mentioned the blue/green dots. I asked Sandi about that :) I didn't see any mention of it and no one else was asking (at least that I could see). Of course it makes sense - it's from a bug bite remedy!

Things are moving for us. We're madly working on updates as we're finally *close!*

Ciao for now,
Eileen

Julian and Sara said...

Love the photos and the updates. She certainly is a pretty baby! We are so happy everything is going smoothly for you! Just as it should be. :)

Sara

Maryann said...

Ohhhhhh, how pleasing it is to Jesus to hear Him introduced to his baby!! Bless you.......and you shall continue to be blessed in doing so!!

And OH! the simple pleasures a big brother can bring...fascinating!!

"The Best is yet to come"

Aunt Mam

Anonymous said...

She looks so happy! (you all do!) So glad you are enjoying your time.

Sandi said...

The pictures are great, she just looks so happy.

Hopefully you will take time to enjoy yourselves tonight and keep up the blogging, I am loving your Leeza Leeza updates.

Sandi

Matthew Ruley said...

Yup. she sure is a cutie with and without bonnet. We are so happy for you. Glad you brought a lot of toys. We didn't bring enough and bought some there, and left some there at the Big O.

You sound so happy. You have waited so long, so glad the frustration and wait is paying off.

Sean, rock on!

BabyKazfan said...

I love the picture with Joe and the white hat- that is so interesting!!! Thanks for the frequent updates. Will talked to an imaginary Leeza all day yesterday- he fed her, took her to the library with us, and napped with her. He keeps introducing his invisible friend as his "sister Leeza" although I have explained several times she is his cousin. I'm getting a kick out of it- but it is really disturbing his older brother. Should I be worried??? Glad things are going so well. Miss you.

Stacey

Karen said...

My heart too is full for you. And I must say, Joe is an old pro with the baby stuff. Just look how happy Leeza is when he's holding her. I can tell she's already daddy's girl. ;-)

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...

Angela said...

She looks so happy! And, thank goodness she has a head under that bonnet :)!

And the rest of the Serra family sounds happy too - what else could you ask for?

Continuing to send you good thoughts for the rest of the process!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Mmmm...Dolce Vita was our favorite place to go; there's no telling how many times we went there during our two months in Kostanai! The best food we had was at 444, which we only went to twice because it is out of town. We also really liked Pancake House and frequented Coffee House. Bavarian and Beer House were good, too.

Enjoy Kostanai and little adorable Leeza!

(I reckon I'm out of the loop - what's going on with Commonwealth NOW!?)

Gretchen said...

Thank goodness this is not affecting you. It isn't affecting us either. We are changing to over to just a lawyer to finish our adoption of little Asa. (Who isn't coming anytime soon! She may be induced this Friday)

Glad things are going so well. She fits with you guys so well. It's obvious from the pics that you all were meant to be!

The Cook said...

Oh girl, I can just tell how happy you are through your posts. I am thrilled for you...just thrilled. SHe is darling and you all seem like the perfect foursome.

The Cook said...

Oh girl, I can just tell how happy you are through your posts. I am thrilled for you...just thrilled. SHe is darling and you all seem like the perfect foursome.

Jeannine said...

It warms my heart to read your posts and see the beautiful pictures of the Serra family. I can see changes in sweet Leeza everyday.

marsrob said...

Oh Susan. This is so wonderful. We cannot wait for you to take her home too! xoxoxo

demarest6 said...

He's got the whole world in his hands, He's got the whole world in his hands, He's got the whole world in his hands...xoxo

BabyKazfan said...

Hey Guys! Hello from your long distance Largo!! Susan, what an absolutely precious baby!!! Brooke can now be "fashion forward" when she borrows all of cousin Leeza's clothes...I was thinking for spring soccer they can share a big blanket to play on along with Mr. Miles and Mr. Weenie while Sean and Johnny do it to it...They can talk over peach flavored puffs and sippy cups!

dnd82001 said...

My heart is so full of happiness for you guys!

She is precious and what a great big brother she has!!

Enjoy and keep on posting!!

Darlene

BabyKazfan said...

Oh my goodness she is precious. Absolutely perfect!!! Congratulations!!!Thanks for bringing me along for the ride!!!
Tiffany and Mia

Unknown said...

LOL! I was wondering about the dot but didn't want to ask and be rude. :-) Leeza is such an adorable baby! I'm loving these pictures. You and Joe are looking so European in your do-rags. And Sean looks like such a proud big brother.

Anonymous said...

Uh, pesto and pine nuts?????? Are you sure you're in Kazakhstan? In Taraz we had choices of lamb, chicken, or beef shashlik. Or maybe "pizza".
Wow, you are in a great town it sounds like.

I have no idea what's happening with Commonwealth but will check it out. I have been so busy - at a "back to school" workshop while Alexa is in.... boo hoo... daycare. When I get home I don't want to talk to anyone except HER. But now she's asleep so I'll check out what's happening in the world.

Can't wait to meet little pale Leeza. Boy, will the contrast be great with big ol tan Alexa ;-)
Shannon

Kelly and Sne said...

Next she'll be reaching for Daddy's credit card for her own bling! Miras still loves it - well that and the pretty ladies. He started day care today and flirted with a little blond girl. I bet he'd be in love with little Leeza.

I like the photo of Joe feeding her - he looks like a real babushka!

Jennifer said...

I love the bling in the last picture! Too funny. You make me smile.

Gigi's favorite lullabye is "Jesus Loves Me." :-)

Jill said...

I really love the pictures of you all feeding her at the baby house. Impressive meal for a baby... what was it?? Speaking of food... your sweet little Miles has yet to swipe anything! He sniffs but has not gone for the food. Keep the stories and pics of cute Leeza coming it is a lot of fun to see and read!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Okay, so I'll be honest... the only reason I am happy to be home from vacation is to be able to catch up on your blog! Leeza is gorgeous. She is perfect and the most wonderful addition to the Serra family. I love that she loves bling and rocks- a girl after my own heart! The stories of you and Joe feeding Leeza make me laugh. I was always embarrassed during feeding time when we were there. I felt like the caregivers looked at me and were thinking- "What a rookie!"

Continue to enjoy yourselves there. It sounds like you are having a wonderful experience, not only with your little princess, but also taking in the sights of Kostanai.

XOXO

Patito said...

Whew, I finally figured out how to post a comment to you! I have been keeping up on your postings. I am so happy for you guys and Leeza is adorable. I miss you all! Take care and congratulations!

Love you all!
Patti and Matt