Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sleepy Saturday!!



Power naps with Dad-is there anything better??


The look of content on a sleepy girls face when she's all comfy and getting a back rub....precious!!!


>

Lunch-course 2. These kids eat really well. I guess I'm gonna have to learn to cook for Leeza!!
Joe looks pretty good in his caregiver feed the kid attire, don't you think?






I wonder what Leeza thinks of this chick who gives her tons of kisses, and sings to her off key all the time....I

It was a chilly day today(Saturday) in Kostanai! Our room got down right cold last night…but it felt great to add another blanket and snuggle down in the covers—great sleeping weather!!! It felt like a cool fall day, people were wearing jackets. I donned my jeans and my sketchers and off we went to visit the princess. They were inside today, since it was so chilly out. All the kids were still sleeping. Leeza was very fussy today. I was holding her and taking out her favorite toys, but she just started to cry. I walked around the room and sang our trio of favorite tunes…Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children of the world, and He’s got the Whole World in his hands. It helped, and she'd stop crying, but you could still just tell... she wasn’t a happy camper. While we waited for lunch, Joe and both took turns walking around with her. The caregivers said she played all night, and didn’t sleep. Party in Leeza's crib!! Oh no...does that mean I have a party girl on my hands??!! She was sooooooo sleepy..but…I get crabby when I’m tired too! Sean was tired too...he slept until 10 am this morning!!! She didn’t eat much lunch either. We went downstairs to the visitation room. She was interested in playing, but then she’d just cry. We stretched her out on her tummy on her blanket and I gave her a backrub. She LOVES backrubs. She got this sweet half smile on her face and her eyes were dozing off. It was precious! Joe scooped her up and she got comfy on Daddy and slept for an hour!! It was really precious!!! It reminded me of when Sean was little and he and Daddy would crash on the couch. She is definitely getting more comfortable snuggling with us.
While Leeza and Daddy bonded and took a nap, Tatiana and I had a good chat. She is such a neat girl, I love hearing about her life. Sean was laying on my mommy’s lap.
Sean took 215 pictures today. He cracks me up. He gets such great shots of the kiddo’s on group 11 (Leeza’s group). He is so good at playing and comforting them when they get upset or cry. I hope he does something with children because I truly think he has a real gift. I told him he should babysit when he’s older because not only it is great money for a kid, but he’s SO good at it. He wants to come back to Kazakhstan and be a caretaker. I really wonder what adoption will be like in 20 or 30 years when Sean is older…will it even be possible?

It’s a lovely fall Saturday in Kostanai. We are watching the Olympics and taking it easy.
Tonight, Eugene says we’ll eat a late dinner and “do something fun”.
Sean spilled his “valda biz gazza” all over Tatiana at the end of lunch today. I’m sure she thought that was fun. Sean wanted everyone to know he had horse for lunch. In fact, he’s had it twice. He had horse soup the 2nd day we were here, and today he had horse again, prepared a few different ways. I liked his soup, but I didn’t care for what he got today.
He think he’s pretty cool because he has eaten horse. He is happy because he drinks to drink a lot of Fanta here too. He, well, all of us, are eating very well!!

I am really grateful we’re not here in the winter, because I am quite chilly now and it’s SUMMER! God definitely had a plan when he had us come in August... The breeze is really nice here, but I don’t think it’d be nice when it chills you to the core. I think the Florida girl would be shivering, even in her cute boots.
I brought some clothes today to try on Leeza, but she was so cranky I couldn’t play “dress up Leeza” today. I just want to see what size she is, so I can figure out what to have Joe bring back for her!

Thank you everyone for all the sweet comments. We love to read them. They mean the world to us…you’re the best!!!!

18 comments:

Tricia said...

It really is chilly here today. I am also thanking our lucky stars that we did not come in the winter. Can you imagine that kind of cold plus these winds? We'd be stuck inside all of the time. It sounds like you had a nice relaxing day with Leeza Leeza. What is your favorite summer Olympic sport? Tricia

BabyKazfan said...

I'm sorry it is starting to get cold. I would be happy to send you something if you tell me where to send it. That food is so interesting...is it onions and meat? it looks like those weird cedar chips we sat in in California at the spa. Leeza is just adorable- I love the picture of her sleeping with Joe- give Sean a hug for me- you must be very proud of him- he seems like he is adjusting so well.

Love,

Stacey

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Leeza looks so sweet napping on Joe. I hope she sleeps better tonight so that she's in a good mood tomorrow.

It's nice that you can watch the Olympics on TV - you don't really need to understand the Russian commentary to get what's going on.

marsrob said...

I think your blog is the most exciting and positive blog of all! You seem to be having such a blast and we are SOOO happy for all of you! Your baby is a DOLL!!!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Just loving the pics of Joe and Leeza! She is such a sweet girl, even if she is a party animal. LOL. I am just so proud of Sean, and you are right, he really has a gift. But, you should take some of that credit -- you have both raised an amazing little guy and he is going to be the best big brother ever! Tell Sean that I could have been there for months and I never would have tried the horse! HA! You are so right -- you were meant to be there now, and you are way too wimpy for winter. hee hee. (I am sure I have now jinxed us forever, and when we return for the second time, it will be 100 degrees below zero! LOL). Be sure to cheer on the Kaz Olympic athletes for us -- it's been difficult to track down any Kaz team news here.

Sending big hugs from Cinci,

Karen, Glenn and Max.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Love the new blog background! I bet the chilly weather is a nice change. Hopefully you'll be back to your beautiful weather soon.
Leeza is adorable and beautiful as always. Love the new pictures. She is definitely the perfect fit for you guys given that she is definitely a Daddy's Girl who loves bling!
Yes, Rylie would LOVE to go to Sea World FL with Leeza, pigtAILS OR NOT! Rylie points at the pictures of Leeza and says "Baby!" I'm working on teaching her to say Leeza, but no luck as of yet.
And I am so glad Sean is embracing and loving every second of this with you and Joe. It is amazing the impact this has already had on him.
Keep enjoying yourselves and that little princess!
XOXO

Unknown said...

Whoa! Love the new duds for the blog. :-) Leeza looks so precious sleeping on Joe. I love photos like that. It must just warm your hearts to know that she feels comfortable enough with you to relax and fall asleep. Her lunch looks, um, interesting. Is amazing how babies can adapt to their environments. Would you ever imagine serving Leeza that in the States if you didn't know she was eating meals like this in Kaz? Its neat. I hope you all had fun Saturday night!!

Aaron and Julie said...

I can't believe you guys have been there for over a week already! Sean is awesome - it is fun to read about him interacting with the kids. I can't believe you had time (well, patience) to change your blog wallpaper around - it looks great :)

Love the pictures :)

Jennifer said...

That's funny you mentioned fall weather. I just said to Jim the other day, "Boy could I go for some Pumpkin Spice creamer for my coffee!!" LOL!

I hope Leeza is feeling better tomorrow, but isn't that so awesome she fell asleep on Joe?!?! I swear, there's nothing better than a sleeping baby laying on you.

Oh my gosh!!! I checked the site, clicked on the comments, and then as I was typing, Gigi came over and said, "Baby!" so I clicked back to show her Baby Leeza, and your site changed!! It's beautiful!

Her lunch looks yummy!

Karen said...

I too love the new Leeza background and like all the other Kaz kids out there, Garrett pointed and said "baby."

Just be glad you weren't there during "mud" season—it was awful. My long coat and two pairs of pants were caked in mud up to my shins. Then you know it takes 3 hours to wash and a full day to dry...nonetheless, it was great to see spring emerge from all that grayness.

I think you guys are having the best Kaz experience thus far. And thank you for continuing to keep up on all our blogs—you're still a cheerleader, even from afar.

Leeza is beautiful and so are you guys.

Have fun,
Karen

Chris & Christy said...

You are a rockstar blogger girl! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the faded pink background of your blog now, the picture of you holding Leeza is beautiful! She is such a beautiful little soul. It seems that she is quite a happy spirit too, she is smiling in many photos which is just amazing to see. I can't believe that these babies have such light!

Christy

Sonya said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful family! Leeza is just a doll.

Of course, I am a whole week behind, but I guess better late than never! Enjoy your time in Kaz and get love every minute there with that adorable child!

She really is bonding so well with you guys! It is wonderful to see.

Sonya

Angela said...

Leeza looks adorable sleeping on dad! It is so great that it is getting easier & easier to snuggle.

The weather sounds PERFECT. Fall is my favorite season, so I will be looking forward to an early one!

The new blog looks GREAT!

BabyKazfan said...

What a precious little girl and a beautiful story. It's great to see your journey coming to fruition and that you and your family are so happy and full. What an experience!

Mary C

Kristen (and Cary) said...

The picture of her in pink on the side of your blog is so cute. She is so happy (and beautiful!!!)
I love the picture of her sleeping with Joe - what a great comfort for her. I loved when my boys would fall asleep when I was holding them....

Go Sean with the horse!!! What an adventurous eater.

Kelly and Sne said...

Just getting caught up - I'm trying not to be as addicted to blogs and actually get enough sleep at night! Looks like you may get to wear those "fashion forward" Winter boots that you bought oh so long ago... Of course, who'd of thunk you might need them in August??? Ha!

Leeza is adorable as usual. That's funny that she is a party girl. Just like Mama?

And I love it that Sean is really being a great big brother - to all the kids. What a neat kid!

By the way, we had something similar happen in Russia re: swat team when we lived there as the mafia was so prominent. Fortunately our translator's husband was KGB - which today (and then) is more like the FBI than the CIA - and he was fighting organized crime. He got us out of several potentially bad situations. Very weird.

Oh well, another story to share with Leeza about the crazy place where she was born!

Anonymous said...

Again, her face is so expressive, I just love it! We like the 'lunch lady' photo of Joe! It is so great to see that you taking it all in and just enjoying the experience. Sean, what did you think of the horse meat? I am glad that you have met some other families and are able to enjoy each others' company. Keep those posts coming!!

Matthew Ruley said...

LOVE the pics so glad you upgraded your internet! You guys look so happy and Miss Leeza gets cuter and cuter!