Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Laughin Leeza!!!
















We had a wonderful day with Leeza today! Her daddy got her LAUGHIN—she was just giggling away…it was so precious!!!! Her lil nose is just raw from a lil cold, but she wasn’t fussy at all. The caregivers told us we need to keep her out of the wind. We still got to stay outside, but in the sun, instead of the shade. They even let us take a layer off her after awhile, so she only had one one layer after lunch. She was a lil dollface today (well, when isn’t she a dollface??!!) but she was showin off today. She was obsessed with my camera and her picture book and was showing off crawling to get it.
She can certainly get where she wants to go. She is doing the old fashioned “army crawl”, not on her knees yet, but she loves to roll from her side, to her back, to her tummy again.
She strikes this great pose like..YO, LOOK AT ME…I’M LEEZA THE SUPER MODEL-CHECK ME OUT!! It’s really cute. She also found the mirror on the bag we bring to the baby house. She was checking herself out…it was adorable!!! I bought this bag almost a year ago because Sandi and I noticed it on Sarah and Andy’s blog, and I emailed her to ask her where she got it. I had to have one too! I think it brought me good luck…as here we are in Kostanai, the same time as Sarah and Andy were, and even in their apartment! Although, they got up and ran every day. I have not tried that. My sense of direction is so horrendous I am just afraid I will get lost. Plus, we are up until midnight every night on skype calling friends and family, so we sleep until 8:30 or 9 anyway. I don’t miss running yet…but we’ll see how I feel after we’ve been here longer. Maybe by then I will have my bearings a bit more.

It was my turn to feed baby girl today and she ate like a champ. I am getting better at it, and the caregiver only fed 2 kids by the time I finished with my lil cherub. Maybe by the time I leave, I will be as quick as they are? I rather doubt it, but at least I don’t feel like quite the bumbling fool that I did the first couple of times.

We brought the ergo today for our walk around the baby house. She LOVED IT, and didn’t make a peep. Sean thought she might cry because she had never been in an ergo before, but nope, not my girl. She LOVED it and was just super content. We take turns with her walking around. Mom got to go twice around with Leeza in the ergo, then Dad held her once around, then Sean got to push her in the stroller once around. I offered Joe the ergo but he said he’d rather hold her. He think she’s too light to mess with the Ergo. I told him MEN do use the ergo’s, so he said maybe when she’s like 25 or 30 pounds.
She will be an ergo baby, held baby, and stroller baby—she likes em all!! She just gets sweeter and cuter every day!!! We met up with the other families at lunch and they asked me how our visit went. I smiled and said AWESOME and Loree told me I was glowing, just like I was pregnant!! I look like I’m pregnant because I wear our passports around my neck when I’m there, as I don’t want them out of my sight…so I got a pooch (more than normal!!) The other couple arrived yesterday, with their 5 year old son. We all met for dinner last night and bless their hearts, they were still in “the fog.” They looked better today, but because the director of the baby house was out, they didn’t get to meet their kiddo today. I know they were disappointed, but they had a good attitude about it.
We had lunch at this new place (I already forgot the name). They had an English menu..I had “capital chicken” and fries…and a beer. It was really yummy!!! I am totally loving the food here…such a wide variety and still can’t get over how cheap it is! As we were leaving, I practiced my Russian by telling the 2 girls, “Ochen Cusna” (delicious) and they said, COME BACK AGAIN! Not sure how they can tell we’re American….it must be because I’m not a size 2 and I don’t wear 6 inch heels. Man, the women here are gorgeous!!! The people in general are just precious, as are the children. Sean keeps talking about which ones he wants to adopt in addition to Leeza. If only it were that easy……

I chose a different setting on the washing machine hoping it would not take 3 hours to do one load. I started it before we left, around 10:30. It’s still going…and it’s 3:00. I don’t think I set it to a better setting….

It is very nice starting my day with Starbucks coffee with milk and splenda. The milk is different here,but it’s good. At home, I don’t like milk in my coffee, I only like “organic half and half”, but here, the milk in my coffee tastes OCHEN CUSNA.

It is another gorgeous day in Kostanai, and we are happy happy happy. The only thing that makes me sad is saying Paka Paka to sweet lil Leeza. She really is such an angel….I can’t get enough of her. I keep thinking of that Martina McBride song…”I have been blessed!!”

29 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hey there...another great Serra family update with lots of photos! So glad that Leeza likes the Ergo - I have faith that our little one will like hers too!

The three of you are keeping Leeza busy and I'm sure it's the highlight of her day. Keep her laughing and smiling!!

I'm glad you're enjoying the food because that gives me hope. I'm picky though so we'll see.

My in-laws in France have a washing machine that takes FOREVER to wash a load. No one seems to have dryers there either because it's expensive and uses a lot of electricity.

Continue having fun and enjoying your little one!
Eileen

Unknown said...

OMG...your blog is like crack. I'm totally addicted!! :-)

Monica said...

Leeza looks SO happy to have finally found HER family! It really starts off my morning well to read of how well things are going for the four of you! Thx for sharing so much with us!
:)

Sandi said...

I love waking up to your blog. Your posts are so uplifting and I can so hear you saying all these things. Love love love the pictures of everyone.

That is a bummer for the other families, but glad you all go to hang out.

You sure are one stylin Kaz Mom.
Sandi

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

You just sound so so happy, and we are so happy for you. We love that Leeza and you are all together, and we are so thrilled that you are enjoying the "Kaz" part of the journey, too. We love that sideways pose she's got goin' on -- she is just so cute! Hugs to the entire family!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Look at all of those cute pictures! Her smile is great! I love those little teeth.

We were lucky that the family that stayed in our apartment before us left instructions on how to use the washing machine. I think Eugene lives in our apartment now, so maybe he still has them. It took hours to do a load, but the clothes seemed clean afterwards!

Capital chicken...the Russian Bar? That's what I had just a few days into our stay in Kostanai. It had mushrooms on top (and probably mayo, too - have you had mayo on just about everything you've ordered other than soup and pizza?)

Our Family of Bloggers said...

You have definitely been blessed! All four of you...
So glad she's an ergo baby. I know you've been waiting for that moment.
You sound like you're glowing too!!!

Jeannine said...

Loving the pictures and updates. It's fun to wake up and read what an exciting time you are having.

KazAdventurers said...

Hi, Susan!
I check your blog every morning when I wake up, and I'm really enjoying following your family's story. Leeza is precious and it's so great that your family is there together. Thanks for sharing all of these photos.
I'm so happy things are going so well for you in Kaz!
Praying for you during your trip,
Lisa (and Corey)

Aaron and Julie said...

All four of you look happy :) Your posts are great and pictures are awesome.

Tricia said...

Leeza Leeza is smiling more every day and why wouldn't she be with her wonderful new family showering her with lots of love. You were looking very snazzy today at the baby house :) Holy moly, three and a half hours for a load of laundry! You better look on line for the instructions in English. LOL.

Angela said...

Another great day! I remember when you were practicing using your Ergo with a stuffed doll (one of the seven dwarves?) almost a year ago. And, now, Leeza has made it in! YEA! Her smiles are the best!

MM said...

I love the pictures, keep them coming! The one from yesterday with Joe kissing her, and the one with her sitting up ready to do her crawl. She is so beautiful Chickpea!!!
It was so awesome to hear your voice yesterda. I can't believe I get to talk to you while you are so far away! I cannot WAIT to meet Leeza. :) Love you!

Alysa said...

It's kind of like your blog posts just bubble right off the screen! So much happiness and joy! I'm thrilled for all of you. Leeza gets cuter everyday. You can tell she is opening up with all the attention.

BTW, I have the little Baby Einstein radio toy that plays 4-5 songs and Kairat loves it too. He is mesmerized when it is playing.

The washing machine story cracks me up! I've had the forever wash cycle when traveling in New Zealand. Fortunately the one I have here has an electronic display that tells how long the cycle runs. So far so good!

Jill said...

Too Cute! Shelly D. said to make sure to tell you that Lilly is very excited to meet Leeza! Sounds like your clothes will be really clean (eventually)..... At least you can go visit Leeza and come back for the next cycle!

BabyKazfan said...

OK...the picture of Sean and Leeza...it's a total match! You with her in the Ergo...a total match...Joey with the doo rag...a total match...I'm updating my friends with your updates...I'm wanting to see some pics of your apartment...maybe in a restaurant too...Hey, Largo library has story time Thursdays at 10:00 for the little guys...Brooke wants Leeza to go...Hi Sean!!

BabyKazfan said...

OK...the picture of Sean and Leeza...it's a total match! You with her in the Ergo...a total match...Joey with the doo rag...a total match...I'm updating my friends with your updates...I'm wanting to see some pics of your apartment...maybe in a restaurant too...Hey, Largo library has story time Thursdays at 10:00 for the little guys...Brooke wants Leeza to go...Hi Sean!!

Karen said...

I know, I know, those washing machines--what's up with them? They sound like jet planes taking off, they spin for hours and hours. Then your clothes dry like cardboard. But who cares? You've got your lovely Leeza to fawn over. We're all having a fun time being the fly on the wall. Keep on bloggin' sistah!

Karen

dnd82001 said...

Another great day - who could ask for more? Well maybe faster lauudry washing but hey it's all good!!

Picture perfect family!!

Darlene

Kelly and Sne said...

She really is a sweetheart - and very photogenic! Love the Mama w/ergo shots. Miras loves it too. I think it feels like he's getting a hug as he will settle down even in an airplane if he's in it. And if he's being clingy at home, I'll strap him in it on my back so I can get something done. Great for bonding!

Trudi said...

Susan, I have to tell you. Your baby girl is transforming before our eyes. When I logged in today the joy on her face knocked me over. Then I had to scroll back and see if I was right - yup, I am. She gets it. She knows you are her family and she is basking in your love. And the photos of her with each of you - there is a CONNECTION ALREADY. It brings joy and tears to me all at once. This is a beautiful story in the making. THANK YOU for including us.

Julian and Sara said...

Cute, cute, CUTE! Need I say more?

Jennifer said...

Who's the sexy woman in the Ergo?!! :-)

And then there's the hot babe posing like a pro. This blog is getting a little too hot to touch!

Oh Susan, I am simply so happy for you. Your words just sound like you are glowing.

Loved all the pictures today. Little Leeza is just so darn adorable with that little chin, chubby cheeks, and big blue eyes. How do you stand it?!

You make me so hungry with your talk of Kaz food. I LOVED it there too and I seriously miss it. Yep, a year later, I still miss it. That's what you have to look forward to- craving the food when you come home. :-)

Matthew Ruley said...

Shee looks so happy! What a happy baby! Cant' wait to pinch those cheeks. SO CUTE!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so beautiful and you can tell that there is a new light in her eyes now that her family is there. It was so great talking with you yesterday-thanks for the advice on it all. We are still in confusion mode.

Gretchen said...

That's fantastic that she loves her Ergo. You will have many happy days hauling her around in it. :)

Unknown said...

I'll say it again, Leeza is adorable! It's good to hear that people are going out running in the morning as I hope to follow that practice and join a gym. I'm assuming the Starbuck's was brought from home. Did you bring your own coffee maker, too?

Loving checking in!
Kelly

Bill & Khadine said...

You guys look so happy, and totally enamoured of your little girl. Who can blame you??? She is ADORABLE! Love the picture when she's kid of laying on her side. Dylan used to do that all the time. We called it his "Playboy Pose." I'm glad the family is bonding so well together. It is truly magical to witness.

Khadine

Joyce said...

You all look so happy! I just know your little Leeza has found a wonderful family.
Kaz Grandmama/Joyce

PS I love the beauty queen pose!