Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Papa "bahleet" but Sean and Mom had fun with Leeza!











Papa was sick today…I think he caught Leeza’s cold, plus some. He didn’t feel well yesterday, and was getting really tired after lunch while we walked around the central mall and went to the Kazakh souvenir store. When we got home around 5, he took a long nap. We didn’t feel like going out to dinner as we had a big lunch, so Sean and I watched Mary Poppins and Joe went to bed. When he woke up this morning, his throat was really sore and he had a fever of 99.9. So, we had to go visit the princess without him today. She missed him, I could tell. We still had a good visit, but we didn’t get as many giggles out of her as we can get with Dad. We brought him lunch home..”chicken in a pot”…it was very good!

It was another warm day on Kostanai today. It still feels marvelous to us, as we’re used to hot and sticky and unbearable in Florida. It was nice out though. We walked around the baby house a couple laps with Leeza in the ergo before lunch. She wolfed down her “soup” but didn’t care for her second course. The soup looks so good—they make the kids homemade bread everyday. I am already worried about what to feed her…they feed them so well here!! Sean had fun entertaining all the kiddo’s while Leeza ate lunch. He is so funny singing to them and making them laugh.

She definitely like to move! We practiced “walking” and she screamed with delight. She stood up for a really long time at the table while Sean “spun” her lil stacking cups. He is a very good entertainer! I also brought the ipod today and we played some kid tunes. She seemed to like it, but tried to eat the ipod. She also LOVED my bracelets. This girl LOVES jewelry. We definitely missed Daddy though, but we still had a good visit. We started cleaning up to take her back, and she got real cranky and started to cry. Sean told her “not to have a spaz attack”. It was funny!!

I read all the blog comments to Sean on his “first post ever” yesterday. He says, “Spaceeba” (Thank you in Russian) but he is ONLY going to post once a week. He said he’s not “as into blogs” as his mom.

I’m feeling a bit sleepy myself, so after I post this, I think I’ll take a nap myself.
I’m digging the life in Kostanai..it’s awesome!!!

18 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Okay....this time I will remember to write my comment right away - no distractions this morning.

Sorry to hear that Joe is feeling awful. I hope it goes quickly. I hate feeling that way and know it's miserable. I hope that the two of you don't end up like Joe!

Take care (do you have meds and vitamins?)!!!

Well I need to get ready. We're headed to Richmond (again) to get the very last of our paperwork apostilled.

Eileen

Sandi said...

Please let Joe know i hope he gets to feeling better. Hopefully your not coming down with it either.

Leeza looks adorable in another new outfit, and it fits her well. Love her smiles and you can just hear her laughing through the blog.

Hopefully you are enjoying your nap. Life in Kostania is oh so peaceful.

Hugs.. sandi

BabyKazfan said...

I think I'm actually seeing her grow with the photos! Her eyelashes are so pretty. Her teeth are ready for some corn on the cob I'd say! The kids are lucky to have Sean as the entertainment committee, he's bringing such a smile to her...Brooke just got her top two breakin through!! Boy is she ALWAYS on the move!!

Tricia said...

Feel better Joe. Your little Leeza Leeza needs you :) Wow, look at her walk! All of the kids are so lucky that they have Sean to entertain them, but Leeza is the luckiest by far. She gets to go home with him. What a cute pair. That little girl is going to be spoiled with love...and cute clothes...and bling. She is a true Kostanai girl soon to be Florida girl.

Stacy said...

She is so sweeet and looks so happy. Glad you are enjoying life in Kaz. It is a once in a life time thing! Sean you did a GREAT post yesterday!!! Can't wait to read your next one. Thanks for keeping us updated with all the details and adorable pics of Leeza!! I feel like I am there with you! Drink a beer for me!

marsrob said...

Love the change in design. Leeza is such a doll! Hope Joe gets better soon!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope Joe feels better and that you and Sean don't get sick. Time for some UV treatments at the baby house!

I love Leeza's little side pose. She's so cute!

Thanks for chatting with me! I enjoyed talking to you!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Feel better, Joe! Being sick away from home stinks, especially when it means you don't get to see your little princess.
Glad to see that Leeza is continuing to shine. I love the picture of her sticking her tongue out.
Enjoy the weather! Sounds great!
XOXO
PS- I love Mary Poppins!!!

MM said...

Hey Chickpea,
Tell Joe that we hope he gets well soon. I wonder if there is better access to good cold meds over there. When we were in Italy, they seemed to have stronger Over the counter stuff! Awesome Blog by Sean. Boy, is he like his mama or what?! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures you post each day, keep them coming. So I am curious, was Mary Poppins in russian or english? :) Love you guys!

Alysa said...

Send Joe my get well quick wishes! Miserable being sick away from home, and especially having to stay away from Leeza.

The pictures are so wonderful! What a precious girl!

Can I borrow Sean to help me entertain my baby boy in Aqtobe?!

Karen said...

Mary Poppins rule. I remember having an umbrella just like the good old Mary had.

We're all wishing Joe a speedy recovery because I know they're really strict about not allowing sick people into the baby houses. (Which makes sense—who could handle 80+ babies all with runny noses?)

Rest up—little Leeza needs you!!!!

Trudi said...

OK - I saw something new in the pictures today (btw they make my day!). There is such an interesting connect between you, Susan and your daughter. You both have beautiful eyes. I had been mulling this for a week now on what WAS I seeing and today both of your beautiful eyes just shined and gave me the answer. And I do agree with yesterday's poster that Sean and Leeza not only ARE sibs, they look like sibs. LOVED Sean's advice to Leeza - so succinct and actually right on as only a big bro could say it. Hope Joe feels better and am glad Sean has agreed to once a week postings. They will be worth the wait!

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Sean its gina again hey do you know when you r coming home? anyway i hope u r having a great time and sorry i missed your calls... call again and i'll try to get the phone. hey....you still haven't seen a ranbowl yet? thats too bad i hope joey feels better and you don't get it either. johnnys been a little sick but he's getting better. brooke still can't wait to see lil leeza and play with her ALL the time. brookie wants someone her age to play with and i'm sure that leeza will be perfect. it sounds like ur having a great time and still can't wait for u to come home!!
The Kamps :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Hope Joe is feeling better, and hope you don't catch it. Sean, good job on the posting, and congrats on your first one. Warning: they are addicting.

Leeza continues to get cuter and cuter day by day,,,

Jennifer said...

I hope Joe feels better.

You're making me jealous. On so many levels! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi! I've been in classes this week (trying to get ready for another school year) so this is the first time I've checked your blog all week. Sean's writing is so good!! He has talent (just like his momma). I hope Joe feels better soon! Leeza looks so precious in that outfit today. Is that one you brought from home?

Joyce said...

It's tough to be sick when you are away from home. Sure hope Joe feels better soon! I know he will!
Kaz Grandmama,
Joyce

Unknown said...

Sean!! This is your Mom's running buddy Dee Anna. You were at my house,jumping in my pool and playing with a very large lab named Coach. You played football and got way dirty in my front yard. Remember??? I so enjoyed your post, especially the "back in the USSR" part, (you left out "you know, how pretty the girls are!!!!!!) and I'm so happy that you are having a rockin' good time!!! I'm so enjoying your trip through the blogs and am thrilled YOU are doing so well!!!! You are an awesome kid and I can't wait to talk to you back in Florida and hear more about your adventures. Your family is blessed. Be kind to your Dad as he mends from his cold and know that the USA is well represented by that dolphin guy Micahel Phelps in the Olympics...the world loves him and he's breaking all kind of records!!! Please stay safe and upload your memory base on a daily basis...you'll never want to forget this trip!!!!! Hugs and kisses!!!! daf