Saturday, August 30, 2008

Yay Leeza! LEEZA LEARNED TO CLAP TODAY!




<>
Hurray for Leeza!!!! Leeza CLAPPED by herself today FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME! It was SO CUTE! She looked at her hands, like.."whoa, are those MY hands? Did I REALLY just do that?!" It was really really adorable. I am so happy we got to witness one of her "firsts" with her during visitation. We are so proud of her!!! GO LEEZA!!!
We have a few more milestones that we are hoping to witness: crawling up on our knees rather than "army style" with our arms only, and of course walking! I can tell she is getting strong every day. She also seems to be getting heavier too! We had a really fun day today with her. I brought the speakers and the ipod and we rocked out to a variety of tunes. I spent HOURS downloading music for this trip, and I was glad I did. I have tons of kid music, which is fun, but Leeza also liked the Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, music from the Mama Mia soundtrack, and music from the Sound of Music soundtrack. She danced with Mommy to "Lo" by Flo rida...she dug it. Sean was dancing with her, but she is getting heavy, SO, I put the ergo on him and put her in that. It was very cute watching them dance in the ergo.
Mom had to dance with her too...and we rocked out to "Lo" by Flo rida...APPLE BOTTOM JEANS, BOOTS WITH THE FUR...SHE HAD THE WHOLE CLUB LOOKIN AT HER.... We took our daily walk around the baby house and she fell SOUND asleep. She WAS OUT! I had a hard time waking her up too...I only let her sleep about 15 minutes because they nap from 2:30 to 4:30 after her warm milk and cookies (doesn't that sound HEAVENLY?) I could go for warm milk and cookies and a 2 hour nap everyday... I am always impressed how happy she wakes up, even if she only sleeps for 15 minutes and is so tired, she wakes up smiling. In fact, today, when she woke up, is when she performed her MOST AMAZING FEAT..CLAPPING! That's our sweet girl !


We had such a wonderful visit...it was sad saying goodbye......BUT, everyday we say goodbye to her, is one day closer that we no longer have to leave her and she comes home with us!


We had a tasty lunch at the coffee shop. I had this "Cesar salad" but it wasn't like any Cesar salad I ever had. It was beef, broccoli, red peppers,and olive oil, and it was kinda spicy! It was so good! I had some chicken for my meal...very good! Sean and I shared delicious piece of cake for dessert too. I LOVE the desserts (not nearly as sweet as at home) and the milkshakes too! They taste more like smoothies and are much smaller. I wish our portions were more like their portions...I think we'd have a lot less overweight people around! The food here is SOOOOOOOO good. I like their pizza better than the kind we get at home!
It is Constitution day, but it's kinda like "Labor day" for us...a lot of people out and about, but I didn't see much else going on. We went shopping and I got some gifts for Leeza specific to Kazakhstan and Kostanai,and a traditional Kazakh vest and hat in blue and white for when she is older. I think it will look gorgeous with her eyes!! I got her a couple outfits for October when we spring her. They were SO CUTE! They were VERY reasonable, about $13. Sean got a cool Kazakhstan t-shirt with the map and a cool hat with the flag on it. I know that the women that work in that Kazakh souvenir store get psyched when they see us coming..THE AMERICANS WHO SPEND MONEY!
Kostanai has this REALLY cool "crest" that is on everything here...the banners, the billboards, etc, but they don't sell anything with it on it. I need to open up a shop here....it's a cool crest that would look great on shirts, hats, bags, whatever! Sean really wants a Kostanai team soccer jersey but we can't find that sold anywhere either!

































23 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Congratulations Leeza for clapping!! Mom & Sean got some really cute photos of you - catching this moment!

Too cute!

The clothes are adorable and it looks like you found some cool gifts.

We are planning on bringing music in with us during our visits. From what you say, all of you are enjoying dancing and singing with Leeza.

It's been fun reading your journey.
Eileen

Stacy said...

Sweet, So sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Yea! Good job, Leeza!

Those outfits are cute! The only things we could find there for Roxana weren't very cute and were pricier than your finds.

I'm glad you were able to upload some videos!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so smart!!! What great fun you are all having. I'm glad Joe finally made it home - it is defintiely hot & humid here. No news on my front :( Still waiting.

Tricia said...

You have the moves goin on girl! It looks like Sean was jammin to the music while he was filming you two dancing, too. Keep having fun. Leeza is clapping because she has a family of her own :)

Unknown said...

Leeza staring at her hands after clapping is precious!! I love the blue vest and hat. She'll be able to wear that to her school's International Day. :-)

BabyKazfan said...

Neat...Seeing the videos and hearing a little bit of her really makes the picture "come to life"...
She is so comfortable with you guys, you all really are lucky!! A special request...can you e-mail me your pumpkin muffin recipe? I'd like for Gina to begin your amazing recipe tradition and we just can't wait until Thanksgiving!

Melinda Techler said...

Hang in there Susan . I heard Joe made it back safely. Jill says Miles is doing well at Fat Camp. We ran in the heat, but survived. Wished we had your cooler weather.

Congrats on the clapping. Nice fashion show!

Enjoy your days with the kids.

M

Sandi said...

Love this post and the videos. So happy she learned to clap and your able to witness so many firsts.

Cute outfits, love the dress with the little girl :)

So happy you keep loving every minute of your journey.

Sandi

Jennifer said...

Way to go Leeza on the clapping! You are one smart cookie, that's for sure.

She has the biggest blue eyes, doesn't she? Wow! Do you ever just stare at pictures of her in the evening and get lost in love in those eyes?

The outfits are gorgeous. I absolutely can not wait to see them on her for more reasons than just one!

Oh yeah, and she's a smart girl for rockin' out to country! Yeah! Gigi was jammin' to "Sweet Home Alabama" today at our state fair. It was so cute!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Seriously, the video of you and Leeza getting down might be one of my favorite things I've ever seen on a blog. Cracked me up.
So exciting that she clapped! It is SO wonderful to be there for special firsts. There will be many more to come!
Love the loot too!

Matthew Ruley said...

Party on down! Clap on - Clap off! Leeza, the Clapper!

BabyKazfan said...

The clapping and her looking at her hands is adorable. I was cracking up!

I like Sean's Kaz shirt and the cool LOOT you are picking up while you are their.

I've started downing loading music for our trip. I'm a Rhapsody junky!

Anonymous said...

Oops the post above is from....

Diana and Bob

Angela said...

Oh! The clapping is so cute! I loved how she looked at her hands in surprise - "I can do that?" We have only seen Alia twice, yet I get so excited when I think she is doing something new. I swear she pointed to a picture in a book yesterday.

It looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Catalina said...

love to see the updates. Leeza is so cute!!! beautiful pictures. You are so lucky to be able to post so many of them from Kaz.
Thinking of you,
Catalina

demarest6 said...

Wow! Can you believe what she has been able to learn is such a short period of time? Love covers it all! I'm so glad you are enjoying the time! Love the pictures and videos. xoxoxoxoxo

Jeannine said...

I love watching your interaction. It's so sweet. Leeza feels the love. Sean, I'll say it again, you are a fantastic big brother! Great finds on your shopping trip. The clothes are so cute.

Chris Sapp said...

I was so far behind on your journey! I read all of it last night after I put the kids to sleep! Leeza is BEAUTIFUL and you all look so incredibly happy! I am so happy for you!

I showed the kids and Natalia said, "baby Natalia!" She thought it was her :-)

Maryann said...

It's no wonder that poor lil' baby needs a nap after "rockin" out with Mommy & big brother!! I bet THEY have to wake her up from her nap also!! hee hee

And, I agree with Trish, she's clapping cause she knows how blessed she is!!

Just LOVE her in the ergo!! I believe she's SO contented there 'cause she feels safe, close to your heart and connected!! You can see how she just "wilts" when she's in there!!
PRICELESS!!

There are to be TOO many more firsts for you to measure, my dear. BE HAPPY!!

Aunt Mam

Anonymous said...

We loooooooooove the video!! So cute! Noe, Chris, and I just watched it and cheered! Yeah! Everyone looks so great. Leeza is sooo pretty! Joy thinks Leeza looks like Nastia Lukin. Miss you!
XOXO,
Nic, Noe, and Chris

Joyce said...

Awesome pictures! Great videos. The "party" looked so fun!
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

The Cook said...

I missed your blog while I was in the hospital so I ahd to read all your posts. Looks like thigns are going great and you sound so happy. Congrats again and happy belated b-day Leeza. Smooches from Auntie Muriel in Chicago.