Friday, August 15, 2008

TGIF...tis a fabulous Friday indeed!!!





TGIF INDEED! Today was the “official” end of the "official" bonding period and we signed a bunch of papers and Tatiana is off to apply for court for us!! Leeza was in a pretty good mood, despite the fact they said she did not nap this morning. Our new visitation time, starting tomorrow, is 11:30 to 2:30…so we got an extra hour! I’ll take it!!! So, we get to feed her lunch and maybe her snack of cookies and milk before she goes down for her afternoon nap. I’m happy about that!

She ate a good lunch today, and while I fed her, Sean busied himself with the other children. I was getting Leeza’s bib off and walking out to get the baby bag to go downstairs to the visitation room, when I saw the most adorable sight ever! All the kiddo’s in Leeza’s group were on their potties, in a circle, and a few were cranky because it was LUNCH TIME and they were waiting for their turn to eat. Sean is sitting in the middle of them, singing and doing his “thing” to make them smile. It was so precious! I wish I could share the photo, but since it has pictures of the other children, I just don’t feel it’s right…but take my word for it, it was DARLING! I really don't want Sean (or Joe, for that matter!!) to leave. I want us ALL to stay until we can bring Leeza home. Joe and I took Leeza downstairs and told Sean to join us when he was done entertaining his buddies. He came downstairs about 15 minutes later. His sister was happy to see him too!
I didn’t get many good pictures today. My official photographer was moving around too much and all the great shots he got were all blurry!! So, I got a few cute ones of Leeza having fun with her daddy. We got to share the visitation room with Rustam and Tricia. Rustam is so cute…he was trying on his clothes since he gets to bust out of the Dolphin house on Sunday morning! We only have one more day of seeing his sweet face. I will sure miss seeing Tricia and her sweet son, but I am soooooooooooo happy they’re finally going home!!! I did get a cute shot of Sean and Rustam hanging out. We did get 3 hours with to play today too, and it was good. It started getting challenging to keep her awake at the end of the visit, so we went for a walk outside. She LOVED that. She seems to love the ergo, so that’s good. She looks so comfy cozy in it!

We went back to the “Pancake house” for lunch today. The crepes are so good……..I had ham and cheese and chicken and cheese and a chocolate one for dessert! It’s a hot day for Kostanai standards, but for Florida standards, it’s gorgeous out!! Poor Joe was up all night coughing… I don’t think he got any sleep. The Olympics are on tv, and he’s asleep on the couch, sitting up. Whenever he lays down, he coughs…poor guy. Please think healing thoughts for Joe!!

19 comments:

Tricia said...

Sean is going to have an official fan club before he leaves. I know Rustam wants to join! Leeza Leeza could be president. It was fun spending time with you all again. I am thinking about all of the great things you have ahead of you there and I can't wait to see it all unfold. You are not too far behind us (time will go fast) and I am sooooo happy for you, too. Tricia

Unknown said...

Happy Friday! Leeza is looking more and more like a Serra every day. It really is amazing to see how much she has changed in the short time you have been there. Mmmmmm...crepes and beer....goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Kind of. :-)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Congratulations on completing your bonding and getting an extra visitation hour! I hope Joe gets comletely better soon!

Tracy said...

Wondeful news about last day of bonding. You will be home with your little angel in no time at all.

Tracy

Angela said...

Bonding - CHECK! Can't wait until you can check court off your list too - you are on your way by signing all those papers! Glad you have some more time with Leeza now and that you get to feed her - important for further bonding!

Sorry Joe's cold is lingering. Get well soon, Joe!

Aaron and Julie said...

Congrats on finishing bonding - wow! we are praying that dates for pre-court & court come quickly. Get better Joe!!!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Great news that the pre-court papers have been filed. We continue to hope for a speedy process! Poor Joe, it is just no fun to be sick when away from home, and we hope that he is feeling better soon. He still looks great in the pics with his daughter!

Sean is amazing. I am sure Joe and you are both busting with pride.

Max started "school" three days per week. So far, so good (for him -- it's still a bit hard on us! LOL!)

Go, paperwork, go.

In the meantime, enjoy Leeza, Kaz, and your beers at lunch! Oh how we miss that leisurely lifestyle (sans the paperwork angst, of course!)

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, Don't they have any good meds for Joe over there? Poor guy! When do he & Sean leave? Congrats on the official end of the bonding period. It obviously went AWESOME! We miss you guys over here and can't wait to get you home with the new SERRA! Is Sean trying to look like Billy Idol in that one pic? He is so funny! Is what is going on in Georgia affecting you guys at all? We were worried. That is nice you are getting to enjoy the great weather and miss the super hot & muggy FL August. You'll be back in time for the good weather! :)Miss you and Love you!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Court already. Wow! It seems like time is flying already. I'll SKYPE you as soon as I get it all figured out. Now on to plane tickets....

Karen said...

Yeah—I can relate to Joe's situation. Right now I'm nursing my fifth cold since my return from Kaz (that's 5 colds in 4 months, if you're counting).

Congratulations on completing your bonding period—and here's to a swift court date.

Feel better Joe—I feel your pain, man.

BabyKazfan said...

I've loved reading your blog Susan, what a beautiful addition Leeza is to your family. I'm glad you are having such a wonderful time there. We cannot wait for all of you to come home, we miss you. Poor Joe, feel better!

Doris

Trudi said...

Susan - you are so charming and adventurous. Go into a pharmacia or whatever they are there and have Joe cough for them. We have always gotten excellent OTC meds in Europe and Russia and everyone gets a kick out of helping you find the right thing. Meanwhile, I am sending healing thoughts.

The Sean story of the day - priceless. He is one great standout kid.

Joyce said...

I loved the shot of Sean playing with the little child. He better be careful, as they may want to keep him at the baby house permanently!
Gigi's grandpapa couldn't put his head down w/o coughing either, and found out he had walking pneumonia. I hope this isn't the case with Joe. I will keep praying.
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Matthew Ruley said...

Congrats on completing bonding, it seems like you just left here but I'm sure you already feel like you've been there forever.

Hope Joe feels better...

I would LOVE to see the potty picture!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She's so cute and smart... Sean is a trip - what a great kid. I love hearing how he entertains the other children.

Catalina said...

stopping by quickly to see your gorgeous daughter and say Hi!!!!! She is so beautiful!!!Hundreed years or more well worthed to wait for her! Congratulations, happy mommy!!! I love the picture in the background. I dont have time to come too often I am very very busy, but just so you know, I am thinking of you!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hey Suzie-Q! I can't sleep and yet I'm tired!

Congrats on the bonding now lets get you guys in court! Great that you get extra time with Leeza. It will do her (and all of you a world of good).

Sorry to hear that Joe has a lingering cough (I hate that). Take care Joe!!

Hugs,
Eileen

Anonymous said...

Hey! So glad I figured out this blog commenting thing. So impressed with Sean and how well he is doing. Leeza is too cute for words. I posted a pic of her on facebook and everyone LOOOVVEESS it. XOXO, Nicole

Jennifer said...

Sean is so amazingly good with the kids. Do you ever just sit there and watch him and wonder who he will grow up to be?

Congratulations on completing the bonding! Yay!

(I'm finally doing my catch up, so no telling me what happens next.) :-)