Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Terriffic Tuesday and PRE COURT DATE!



Leeza loves blowing rasberries, it makes her very happy
It makes her mommy laugh with joy because she is so sappy!!






Leeza Grace and her mom
They've got it goin on!!





You know...these American's aren't so bad...I think I KINDA like em!!!




Maybe my mom isn't SO boring...she has cool bling...



self portrait of Mom and Leeza...taken by Mom
The massage therapist was in today and told me that Leeza and I looked alike. I think it's our eyes....but hers are much prettier, and I am WAY MORE TAN!!






Leeza's favorite pose..yes, I'm a supermodel. Check out the dimples in her knee...dang she's cute. She has cute baby feet too. I don't think she sees them that much...but she will soon!!!




Big smile just for Mom today...yay!! I'm not SUCH chopped liver..I'm kinda cool...I wear cool jewerly at LEAST...




Leeza iniated a peek a boo game with her mama today. It was really cute..it was all her. She cracks me up.

First things first: Pre-court is Tuesday, August 26th at 2:00!! Yay!!! Tatiana says that typically court is scheduled a month from the day you file for court. So…if we are “typical”, then we would have court Sept 12th (that is a Friday) or that next week. So….that’s not very far away!! So, Joe can fly outta here on Wednesday the 27th. I will give our buddy Eldo a call later. Our return flights are for Sept 16th, SO, it’s POSSIBLE that we can still use those tickets. (well, not ME, but Joe and Sean). We’ll get our court date at pre-court.
We are moving along!!! Yay!!! I'm still undecided on if Sean will go back with Joe or hang with me until court. I want to see what his school says about what it will require for him to make up the work. I have my good friend Laura checking into that for me. The first day of school was CANCELLED tomorrow though, because of Hurricane Fay. Hopefully, all we get is wind and rain, and it's not serious at all. They always close the schools as a precaution. Sean says.."the kids love hurricane day". At least it's one less day he misses of school (as long as the hurricane doesn't do any damage, that is...)
It’s VERY cool hanging with our girl…she is definitely getting more relaxed around us. She was VERY VERY happy today. She didn’t get fussy at all except at the end when we were “cleanin up” to take her back to her buddies. They asked me to bring some of her clothes, since they mostly have only winter things. She was in her “Platinum Visa” onesie and her pink socks and she was pretty much ADORABLE! She woofed down her soup, but wouldn't touch her "tea" or her second course. Aigul told Tatiana that Leeza is a very "picky eater" and she will ONLY eat what she likes. If it's not sweet, she won't eat it, and she doesn't like tea. She's got a sweet tooth like her momma! The soup bowls are huge, with all that yummy homemade bread, so she gets plenty to eat. She has the sweetest dimples on her knees...I adore her chubby baby legs. Sean was such a skinny baby and I was always worried about him, so it's nice to have sweet baby chubby legs to smooch!!
Joe didn’t get to visit today, except for the last 15 minutes, because he went to the doctor.
I wish he would write about it, but he won’t (he said he told me, and I can write about it)…but hearing him talk about it is VERY VERY INTERESTING! Eugene’s dad hooked him up with the head doctor. He had x-rays and a blood work done. He kept telling them he had a sinus infection, but they made him get the x-rays, etc to confirm their initial diagnosis of bronchitis, and wanted to admit him in the hospital. He said NO! After sending him to the ENT doctor who ordred the x-rays of his chest and nasal cavity...guess what....It’s a sinus infection. They wanted to give him a nasal puncture (yikes!) but he declined and asked for pills. they acgtually wanted to PUNCTURE his naval cavity where it's infected and drain it out. yikes!! Tatiana said it doesn't work and it's very painful. When she first asked him if he wanted that, he thought it was accunpuncture and almost said yes. They wanted to give him injections , because they are more effective, and he said NO, PILLS! So, he finally got his pills. He’s on 3 different antibiotics. I can tell he is feeling better today because he’s being really sassy again!!! I wish he would blog about the doctor visit, because hearing it from him was really really interesting. His advice to people coming: DON’T GET SICK AND GET ANTIOBIOTICS FOR ANYTHING YOU MIGHT GET BEFORE YOU COME!
He was amazed at how old their technology is. He is also amazed how how resourceful the people of Kostanai are. He was also incredibly impressed with how organized they are. I can say the same thing of the baby house. They do an INCREDIBLE job with those kids....they really do. Joe said the ENT doctor was a very old woman, (Joe says in her nineties) and she wore the big mirror thing on her forehead like you see in the movies. I’m cracking up as he’s telling me about it. He said there were long corridors filled with HUNDREDS of people waiting for medical care. Thanks to Eugene, he got special treatment and got right in. He said there were all these doors off the corridor where the doctors had their offices. He saw the head doctor and the ENT doctor. Tatiana said the x-ray lady looked at them really strangely when she walked into the x-ray room with and told her it was not necessary to accompany her father into x-ray. HA! Tatiana is 26, which is Jillian’s age (still freaks me out!). The good news is that he woke up feeling better today, and he got some antibiotics to clear it up, I don’t have to give him any injections, he did not endure a “nasal puncture”, and he is NOT in the hospital.
I have an earache that just started, but I am scared of an ear puncture, so I hope it just goes away…. Anyone have any good advice for an ear ache?

21 comments:

Monica said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds scary having to go to the Dr. I'm glad they gave him the antibiotic pills! I just now realized reading your post what that mirror thing on the head is for. They must use that rather than a light to see in the back of your throat, right?

As for your ear you can use garlic. You heat up olive oil with a few cloves of garlic in it. Then let the oil cool to room temp and put a few drops of that into your ears. Here's a link with info:
http://tinyurl.com/5cjbfo

And YES your Leeza does look like you and she's such a CUTIE! Glad you're moving right along with a precourt date now. Best wishes!!!

Karen said...

Actually, the doctor visit sounds hysterical. I'm surprised they didn't suggest bloodletting. I was so thankful we didn't need to see a doctor or dentist while over there.

So happy to see that Leeza has feet, cute feet at that. :-) Can't wait to see what you put on them. She's already got the platinum visa shirt—what's next? Did anyone at the baby house ask for a translation? Too funny.

Glad to hear you've got a pre-court date lined up—everything's moving along nicely.

Angela said...

YEA for pre-court! And, yes, that is the day we leave. It will be a GOOD DAY!

WOW about the doctor visit . . . looks like they wanted to choose all the PAINFUL methods first. I remember reading somewhere that people do not trust doctors in post-Soviet countries. Now I know why - puncturing nasal cavities?! OUCH! Glad he is on the mend though. I am still trying to track down some Cipro. Hopefully, my doctor will give me a prescription.

Leeza is "loverlier" than ever. You get closer and closer to this being official everyday!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Leeza looks so cute in her onesie! Isn't is so adorable when they find their little feet, after months of layered sockes?! She must be so happy to be in as few clothes as possible -- I can just picture her in one of her cute little bathing suits lounging with you by the pool or at the beach! I cannot wait to see those pictures posted in months to come!

Okay, Joe must REALLY be feeling crappy to head off to the doctor! I wonder how many times he thought "forget it, I'm fine" and wanted to head to the door?! You have the BEST team working for you there in Kaz -- just one more example of how the Kaz team makes all of the difference in the world, regardless of the "who/what/where" of your US agency. It sounds like Joe is back on track, so thank goodness for that. And, it's so great of you to remind those who have yet to travel to load up on a few extra antibiotics.

We are so excited that you have your pre-court date established. Things are moving along great for you, although we know how hard it will be on Joe -- emotionally and physcially -- to make three trips! The pain will pass quickly once you are all home as a family. We're anxious to hear what school has to say ... I'm sure Sean is on pins and needles about that decision, too. In the meantime, enjoy the time you all have together, especially now that Joe is feeling better!

Aaron and Julie said...

So glad that Joe is starting to feel better & that it is 'just' a sinus infection and nothing more serious. Yay for the pre-court date!!!! Leeza will be tan once she gets to hang out on the FL beaches :)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'll take my UV treatments at the baby house over a nasal pucture at the hospital anyday! Just curious...did you have to pay a lot of money for the doctor's visit?

Your pre-court date is coming up! You're getting closer to making that precious baby an official Serra!

BabyKazfan said...

So glad you have some dates to look forward to.
we are very anxious to meet our 11th grandchild.
Wo happy to hear Joe consented to the dr. He must have felt pretty terrible to go.
Looking forward to having you all home
Love
Nana

marsrob said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy story! Glad he's feeling better and that he didn't opt for the puncture!!! I don't know what to say about your ear. Stay away from punctures!!

Congrats on the pre-court day!!!

The Cook said...

Yeah for pre-court. I am so excited for you! You will be home with that baby in a little over a month. She is so dang cute...you look so blissfully happy.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! The "medical system" adventure sounds a little scary.

Leeza is just so dang cute.

We are thinking the big powerful good thoughts on pre court.

Unknown said...

No advice on the earache but congrats on the pre court date! Leeza is adorable and looks so happy. It is interesting hearing about storm days in Florida. Tell Sean that we do the same thing here in Maine, except that it is for snow. But, we're so accustomed to the white stuff that it has to be a pretty big storm to get a cancellation. (By the way, the teachers love the storm days as much as the kids!)

Hope Joe is feeling better!

Tricia said...

Hope Joe makes a speedy recovery. A little un-nerving to have a bottle of medicine written in a foreign language (not that medical terms are easy in English). Aploligies if Rustam gave it to him. Hard not to kiss them & pick up the bug.

Get well so you can enjoy Leeza. She is absolutely a little porcelain doll!

Best wishes for a speedy court schedule. We'll follow along with you. Jet lag & Rustam waking up, you'll probably see some crazy time stamps!

Chris Trish Rustam

Trudi said...

congrats on the precourt day - it is right around the corner! I am also glad Joe declined the ear puncture. Acupuncture - absolutely. Ear puncture - no way.

Your ear could be the result of a wax build up. My body builds ear wax and whenever I have an earrache, that is the culprit. They may have those ear wax kits in the pharmacy - with the bulb and the stuff you squirt in. Or maybe someone does candling. I would walk into a pharmacy and point to my ear and try to get advice. If that doesn't do it, at least Joe knows an ENT! :)

Adorable Leeza and Mommy pics, btw. Don't let it freak you she responds to the men of the Serra family - it is probably so new for her to have men in her life that she is just wowed. Mommy's time is coming -- actually from those photos, it has arrived!

demarest6 said...

It is absolutely beautiful here today, a free day for pinellas county kids. We have been spared the wrath of Fay! So it's no secret that I'm a little slow, but why does Joe have to come back 3 times? He has to be there for certain times? or you want him there, or I'm just nosey? I seems to me to me as though things are moving along quickly...you'll be home before you know it and we'll be walking the trail at Seminole park with the new princess, sorry Susan you lose the title, in the ergo, after morning assembly. Miss you xoxo

BabyKazfan said...

OMG...OMG...OMG...PRE-COURT...FINALLY!!!! You should try to get your hands on some swim-ear drops. Use after the shower, it's alchohol and water. We have avoided ear infections for over one year by using daily, and with the funky water over there, that might just be it.

I went to Stein Mart today and they had an extra 20% off the already 60% off. I bought a pair of ESNY flip-flops for $2.48 (tax included) The boutique looked weird without you there, they've got some really cute fall stuff in. We shopped a while for someone's 74th birthday!!

I'm glad the weather worked out for all of us, thank goodness. School is back on for tomorrow, the first day for my big fourth grader and middle school starts for my 6th grader...amazing...two schools, two schedules, two sports teams and a big, beautiful almost eleven month old baby girl to do it to it with!!!

Largo library starts Thursday story time for tots this week, it should be fun. In the olympic kayaking, Khaz took 7th place...I recognized the flag! Pretty cool...Michael Phelps is amazing...8 golds...

Take care of Joey, if your ear is bugging you, it's a pretty darn good reason for you not to hear what he's saying!

Hi Sean, we're thinking of you!!

BabyKazfan said...

Congratulations on the court date! Another step closer. We will take care of Joe (and Sean) while you are with Leeza.

She is cuter everyday. Being a Serra really suits her.

We dodged the hurricane and barely got any rain so no worries here

We miss you and can't wait to meet Leeza.

Love - VA & Rob (cameron too)

Matthew Ruley said...

WOW on the puncturing the sinus cavity- yuck! Yuck!

Leeze is such a doll!

Unknown said...

The doctor visit story was very funny. I hope Joe feels better soon!! I wish I had some good advice for your ear. Drink lots of OJ. Hooray for your court date! Moving right along...

Tricia said...

I am thinking of you guys. I will try to sneak a peek at your blog while sitting here in the lobby of hotel Kazakhstan. Rustam is napping in the stroller, but he keeps waking up because they are doing construction on the front of the building. Just wanted to tell you that Almaty is awesome. Holy moly the first two days were hard, but we are doing great now (except for less sleep for mommy here). I wish I had time to post on the blog all that has happened, but that will probably have to wait until after we get settled at home. We had a great day today up on Kok Tobe. It was so beautiful. I am really digging Almaty, but can't see much this time. I always wondered why people carry so much crap around when they have a baby and now I know why!!!! Rustam is so happy after some adjustments the first two days. It feels so good to be with him all of the time and I can't wait until Chris is with us. I hope you all are doing well and I am excited to see that you have a court date. Good luck! Love, Tricia

Joyce said...

I am glad Joe is getting better. The doctor visit soundsd kind of old school, but at least he got the antibiotics.
Lezza is beautiful as always, as is her Mama.
A couple of drops of alcohol might help your ear, as well as the garlic oil. Good Luck!
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Jennifer said...

Bummer on the ear ache! The only thing I do is drizzle a little rubbing alcohol in there and then tip it back out again. Probably kills a few brain cells along the too, so while I'm not recommending it, it does work for me.

I smiled when I read the part about smooching baby legs. Every morning when I get Gigi ready for school, I can't help but kiss her belly and pudgy little thighs. Then she always makes me kiss both of her knees and both sets of toes too. I love it!