Monday, August 25, 2008

Momma's girl-Monday!





















It was chilly this morning when we woke up,and the sun wasn't out (but it is now) but it just felt kinda damp and chilly! My coffee in the normal sized mug (which now feels like some kind of insane SUPER SIZE!) tasted good this morning. I was TIRED this morning as I was up until past midnight on my new found wireless connection. Joe finally kicked me out of "his room" and turned off the light so I would GET OFFLINE! It was just so COOL to stalk my blogs and see all the pictures, and have it not take like 10 minutes for the comment section to come up. I even got to add all the new facebook friends I had waiting for me! You never realize how much you miss high speed internet until you don't have it....

Anyway, I digress. The DSL is not working on my laptop. It works on Joe's. We have a call into Kaz Telcom tech support though (well, Eugene does, like I would know what to say even if I COULD speak Russian). However, this wireless connection rocks OUT so I am happy! I got into the shower to discover no hot water. I braved it anyway since I was tired and I was REALLY AWAKE after that! Our landlord just came over to turn on our "boiler" though so we will have hot water if it goes out again. YAY!
I love this apartment!!!

Now, onto the most important item--Leeza! She was adorable, as usual. I just love love love love love how excited she gets when she sees us. She is sooooooo sweet! Joe and Sean got the "boot" today though from the caregivers because that said "the kids are sick" so only I could come in the room to feed Leeza, and they were sent down to the visitation room. All the kids were CRYING while they were waiting for lunch. I missed Sean being there, because no one cries when Sean is around. Leeza ate ALL her lunch today, soup and her meat cutlet and mashed potatoes, and some cabbage too. We had so much fun playing. She is really showing us her lil personality more and more. She loves going thru her toy bag and pulling things out. It's so amazing to watch her wheels turn as she figures things out. She has also started geting up her knees more...I think she will figure out how to crawl "non army style" soon!! Typically, around 2:00 she starts getting fussy....she's ready for her cookies and milk and her nap. Lately, she reaches for her mommy when gets like this. I was holding her, singing, and Joe was grabbing her foot and making her giggle. I would act like I was going to hand her over, and then she would turn her head, away from Joe, like NO, i'm not going to you! I would give her to Joe, and she would start to whine and reach her arms up to Mom. I would take her, and Joe would start talking to her and ticking her, she would laugh, and he would hold his arms out, and she would turn her head again. It was HILARIOUS. She is learning at such a young age to play hard to get with the boys!!

When we took her back at 2:30 for cookies and milk and nap time, Sean was waiting outside the room. All the kids were crying again..and one of the caregivers invited Sean in this time.
Immediately, the crying stopped! Sean is like the "Magic Happy Baby Maker Man". I was glad she let him come in. I am not sure which one of the kids were sick, OR, if they just said that because it was cold and damp out, or if they were viewing Sean and Joe as distractions when they are trying to get the kids fed. Maybe it's true that the kids like to watch them and interact with them, and sometimes while they eat, but for most part, they can only feed 2 kids at once and it's much nicer to have the other kiddo's entertained and not crying. I hate to see unhappy babies so I was glad when Sean the Magic Man came in to make everyone smile.

Aigul was also there today, to celebrate her birthday. She looked so nice in her 'non caregiver' clothes. It's like when you see your running friends dressed "normal" ,not all sweaty and gross, you realize how well they "clean up!"
I gave Aigul her birthday present and her caregiver gift from us since she is on the 48 day vacation and I wasn't sure if we'd see her before we left. I miss her--she immediately asked where Sean was when she saw me feeding Leeza, after she gave me a hug and a kiss. The 2 other caregivers seem like they are warming up to us, but Aigul really is a love!! I made her a photo album with pics of us a family with Leeza, pics of her and Sean and Leeza, and pictures of Sean with all the kids in the group,plus pics of each of us (Joe, Sean, and me) interacting with Leeza, plus a picture of Leeza's Kazakhstan room at home. I wanted her to know that we will always honor and respect Kazakhstan as Leeza's birthplace.

The sun is out now, but it's still chilly. I am wearing my sweater,but it's a wussy Florida sweater...my cute "shrug" style one from Steinmart that looks so cute with my sundresses. However, even though it's wimpy (Sean said it looks small enough to fit Leeza..LOL), it does the job. I had soup for lunch and coffee for dessert. One good thing about cool weather is that it's good for my diet...I won't drink my Baltica number 5. :)

Pre-court is TOMORROW AT 2! At lunch, Tatiana got a call from the custody officer. Apparently, her, and her entire staff is in a conference tomorrow afternoon. They cannot make the pre-court hearing. However, we just got a call from her that the judge said it's not necessary for them to attend the pre-court hearing anyway.
YAY!
I am happy to have pre-court tomorrow, but sad knowing Joe only has one full day left after today! We will miss him! However, I will have NO ONE to kick me off the internet at night!!!

Dasvidanya! I will post tomorrow after our pre-court hearing. We will also get our court date tomorrow, so that's cool too to get a timeline.

I wanted to thank you all again for reading and posting such sweet comments. It really does spread so much joy our way...we appreciate it!!!

25 comments:

Sandi said...

Another fabulous post. Honestly I haven't read a blog where all the entries are this upbeat, it makes me smile. I'm, sorry Joe is leaving but the time will fly by and when he returns it will be yet another countdown to when you can spring Leeza and yourself from Kaz.

Dont worry once Joe is gone I will hook up my headset and we can chat :)

Sandi

Karen said...

I agree with Sandi, you win hands down for the sunniest posts ever. (Must be the Floridian in you.)

Thank goodness the Magic Man is staying behind with you—I can't imagine how loud 10 crying babies in one room can be. But have no fear, Sean is here. :-)

I'll be thinking of you tonight as it'll be pre-court day for you—hoping it goes well and that all the paperwork is neatly there and accounted for. For me, pre-court was far more nerve-wracking than the actual court date. Good luck and can't wait to hear how it goes.

Karen

Stacy said...

Oh Susan, she is so sweet. I am glad that you are having such a good time! You have the right attitude, enjoy it! Love the posts!! Sorry about Joe leaving, it will go by super fast and before you know it you will be on the plane coming home with your precious new bundle!!

Angela said...

Lots of fun with Leeza! It is awesome that she is so inquisitive and is on her way to crawling. And, see, she is not a Momma's Girl or Daddy's Girl or Brother's Girl, she is a Serra Girl . . . she loves all of you!

Our flight leaves at 2:38 on Tuesday! I know your court will happen before our flight, but 8/26 around 2 is a pretty big day for both of us :)! I hope you fly through pre-court!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Sean indeed has magical powers! I'm glad he came in and calmed all of the crying babies. I'm also glad Leeza has warmed up to her momma. That beautiful voice of yours must comfort her. :)

I wish Joe didn't have to leave, but I am so glad Sean will be staying with you until court.

Good luck at pre-court tomorrow!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Sorry we didn't post for a few days -- we had a busy weekend, including a trip to visit G-Ma and the Toledo Zoo, but we are now back in the "comments" mode!! I am so jealous of your hi-speed Internet, but I am so happy for you! That is going to make your stay so much easier, and you won't feel out of touch with your buds back home at all (especially with Skype)! We are so happy for you and Leeza is just growing and blossoming right before our eyes. You will all have endless stories to tell Leeza as she is growing up about your first months together. What an amazing blessing. The new crib looks great, and it sounds like you are settled in and good to go for the weeks to come. We'll be here for you!

marsrob said...

Oh my goodness, pre-court is so soon! Cannot wait for your court date! You are all such a wonderful, beautiful family! Sad that JOe is leaving - hopefully this process will go fast! xoxoxo

Tricia said...

Catching up on your journey, great to see everyone so happy!! Leezas' cheek muscles must be tired from all that smiling!! No doubt she's part of the family already, great to see. No worries about court. The love & caring in your family is obvious. The officials will feel this across any language barrier. It's just paper shuffling for the rest of the time.


Glad you're enjoying your time in Kostanai. Many wonderful people there & interesting things to do. The Delphin house is so full of wonderful memories that you can't really take it all in.

Great apartment! The buildings look like they're ready for the wrecking ball on the outside, but very nicely renovated inside. Too bad you won't be there to test out the heating system! (not something to be sad about at 30 degrees below zero).

Wishing you a smooth process, it is certainly worth the little inconvienences when that little cutie smiles at you!

Kelly and Sne said...

Well, in the photos she looks like Daddy's girl! Sweet as ever! Good luck with pre-court tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking great big good thoughts for you that Pre Court goes smooth.

Sending good vibes your way!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hey it's the happy family again! You guys sure know how to bring a smile to one's face!

Can't wait to hear all about pre-court!

Hmmm....have you thought about renting Sean out as the *baby whisperer?*

Safe travels Joe!

Take care everyone,
Eileen

Unknown said...

You can get pictures printed while you're there? Or did you bring a printer with you. Hmmmm....

Sandi said...

Susan,
This is Monica (Sandi's sister-in-law). I just wanted to send my congrats... Sandi has been keeping me updated on your travels and showing me pictures of your beautiful daughter. It sounds as if you are having a great experience over there. Leeza is so adorable and seems like such a happy little girl. Best of luck to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and keep tabs on you though Sandi.
Take care,
Monica

Matthew Ruley said...

Hey did you bring the coffee maker we bought at Tues Morning with you? Is that how you have coffee or did I miss something in an eariler post?

Sounds like everything is going well. I think of you guys as I drift off to sleep at night - wondering whats going on on the other side if the world...

Can't wait to hear how court goes, I am sure it will be just fine. When do you anticipate coming home yourself?

And of course, Leeza keeps getting cuter. She looks like she has a delightful giggle!

Matthew Ruley said...

Also I'm sending you a box of goodies - remember when we went shopping and I got the "little girl just incase" cute dress at Dillards? I'm sending it to you...

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Yay for Mommy Monday! And big yay for pre-court. Having a timeline always helps. It is the unknowns that always seem so long.
And yes, I hate that you are having "Fall Days" in lieu of your humid Florida summer days you left behind. Of course when we went to Kaz, we traded our beautiful 70 degree winter days (the reason people live in Phoenix) for -20 degree days in Astana with snow. Somehow, I think you got the better trade in the weather department. But the least you could do is not rub it in :-)

BabyKazfan said...

Susan:
Leeza looks like such a different child. You can see the love she has for all of you.
Please let me know if Joe needs a ride from the airport or if I can have some food ready for him at the house. Does he need milk, OJ or anything like that? Tell Joe we would like to have him over for dinner as many nights as he can handle my cooking. Even though he is a big boy, we would love to have him over and can't wait to hear about the trip from him.

All our love - the Fady's

demarest6 said...

All adoption journeys are so different... I must say that there have been moments where I just look at the smile on Leeza's face and think what if... your story is incredibly beautiful, and it is because of the love that flows through each and every post. Tell Joe to reach out if he needs anything. xoxoxo

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Seeing her picture every day just makes my day!!! And of course hearing about Sean the Magic Man. Sorry to hearr that Joe leaves soon but that means you are getting closer and closer to bringing Leeza home. Yeah.

Good luck with pre-court.

Trudi said...

Good luck at pre court! I just love your sunny posts and the beautiful pictures of your family. I have been going through a tough time and guess what gets me through it - your blog! Seriously! Every day I just cannot wait to log in for a dose of pure joy. THANK YOU.

Unknown said...

Wow! I missed your blog yesterday and missed so many great pics!! Leeza looks happier and more relaxed every day. Its amazing how much she is changing in just the short time you've been there. Sorry to hear that Joe will be leaving soon. It sounds like you have a super support group over there, though. Hooray for the court date!!

Joyce said...

Hi All,
Joe is looking so much better! Glad to see that. Leeza is as beautiful as ever, as is her Mama. Sean, I still think the people at the Baby House are going to petition your Mom and Dad to have you live there. You really should consider a job working with kids....but when I think of it, you might be a little young to be thinking about yur lifes work. I do know you are leaving a real legacy with all of these little young ones.
Love,
Grandmama Kaz

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Guys!! We had dinner over Aunt Ginny's tonight, John cooked steaks and chicken on the grill. We were talking about you guys and real happy about court tomorrow!! I remember at Johnny and Sean's soccer game one long ago Thursday night, you were giving me timelines on what to expect on your upcoming adventure...unbelievable that the real clock begins to tick tomorrow! Gosh, so soon now! Collins Estates won't know what hit them when they see your little blondie in her ergo all decked out ready for trick-or-treats!!! Brooke is excited for her new cousin coming to town!!!

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Susan, what a wonderful website, Noelle sent me the link and I was so thrilled to read all of your entries about Leeza. What a remarkable experience, I am so happy for all three of you. Can't wait to hear about your return home soon.
With love,
Lauren Blair

demarest6 said...

So it's 4:14 am, I can't sleep, wondering how pre-court is going. I still don't understand the whole Kaz process-bonding, pre-court, more bonding, more court, Embassy, more bonding, so tell me again, what happens next??? xoxo