Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sean-Sabaca
















Happy Thursday everyone! It’s another gorgeous day in Kostanai….nice sun, cool breeze, cute kiddo to play with! Although….our power just went out….this is the first time we’ve experienced a power outage. Its only 3:30 pm, so it’s still plenty light, but we’ve located the flashlights “just in case” it doesn’t come on when it gets dark around 10 or 10:30 pm this evening!
Leeza had another doctor appointment today, so we got to the baby house at 11:30, just in time for lunch. They were moving all the kids from outside to inside, so I got Leeza and another baby to carry upstairs. Joe had 2 babies too, and upstairs we went. It was pretty cute! Leeza had a good lunch, but we were told to NOT let her sleep today because yesterday she didn’t take a nap at all at 3:00. We explained that since she had NO NAP due to the doctor appointment’s yesterday, she was so cranky so that’s why we let her sleep. Today, she did get to sleep about 30 minutes, so we were able to keep her awake. She was a bit tired, but not NEARLY as tired as yesterday. When she started to get cranky, Sean started pretending he was a dog (sabaca, in Russian). It was HILARIOUS. She was really in rapt attention of “Sean turned Sabaca”. He brought her his toy in his mouth and we practiced petting him. She has one weird brother!! She also really enjoyed her “mouse in the house” toy. She figures out the cause and effect toys really quickly. I think she is a genius!!! She also found my water bottle in her diaper bag...and enjoyed a few drinks of Crystal light, strawberry orange, banana. She won't drink from the sippy cup (her face is priceless) but she will drink from the water bottle!! We had fun playing with her and the time went by much too fast, as usual. Since tomorrow is our last day of bonding, Tatiana was busy filling out our paperwork to apply for court! Yay!!! She also asked Dr. Irina if we can spend more time with Leeza. She didn’t say “no”, so that’s good. She was going to consult with the head doctor to make sure it wouldn’t be “too much for Leeza” and it wouldn’t wear her out. So, we’ll see!!

I am sleepy today after my daily Baltica Number 5 for lunch (my favorite beer!) I figured I should drink while I can, as I won’t be drinkin beer for lunch once Leeza enters the picture!!! Hopefully…the power will come back on before our ice cream melts in the freezer!!! Paka Paka..Das Aftra (goodbye,until tomorrow…yes, I’m breakin out the Russian..watch out!!)

20 comments:

Patrick & Eileen said...

Things have certainly changed since the first photos of little tired Leeza! Now you can see she is a happy little girl with her new family. It's really true that the kids blossom with attention and affection.

Hmmmm....we wouldn't mind having Sean with us on our trip! He would be a great entertainer!

Ciao for now,
Eileen

Tracy said...

Sean good job with the little sister! Big brothers are wonderful to have around.

We would love to bring our son when we go meet our little guy. We will see.

Keep up the great work all of you. Leeza looks wonderful...
Tracy

Tricia said...

I hope you get more time with Leeza because two hours flies by. Mmmm, peeva. Baltica #3 is my favorite. Congratulations on being finished with your official bonding days tomorrow.

Karen said...

You guys make foreign adoption look so easy. The picture of Sean with his lip curled—was he trying to mimic an angry sabaca? I love the photo of Leeza guzzling down the big bottle. LIke mother, like daughter?

Congratulations on hitting your first milestone tomorrow!

Monica said...

Yeah, CONGRATS on having swiftly moved thru your 2 weeks of bonding!

And you have ICE CREAM? What's Kaz ice cream like? I know t milk there is different from what we're used to here so now you've got me wondering if there are differences in the ice cream too?

Wishing you a SPEEDY precourt date and onto court and the rest of lifetime bonding with Leeza!

Matthew Ruley said...

What fun - that Sean is playing games with Leeza. There will be more! My kids constantly play kittie cat and doggie with each other. It gets slightly irritating when they won't talk to you but want to pant in your face and lick...

Wow - tomorrows the last day! Enjoy the beer while you can! Incidentally, make sure you DONT drink the mineral water from Georgia, it tastes like gasoline...

Bill & Khadine said...

Congratualtions in reaching the end of your bonding period and finally being able to continue on with the adoption process. How exciting!

I might not post comments for a while as we are going on vacation tomorrow, but I'll be sure to catch up on all your posts when I get back. Have a great next couple of weeks!

Khadine

PS- No wonder you're feeling sleepy...Baltika 5 is strong! But very, very tasty...that was my favorite too! :-)

Joyce said...

I'm glad you are almost finished with the bonding process. Godd luck with getting a fast court date!
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Angela said...

Could Sean have a future in acting? It sounds like he was a great sabaca. Leeza looks thrilled to be with you as usual. I have to agree with Eileen - the transformation is amazing. She went from tired little babushka (those hats!) to adorable baby.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I love her little side pose!

I hope the doctor says you can have an extra hour. If that's "too much," what's she going to do when you bring her home? Sounds silly to me, kind of like keeping Roxana in the baby house for several days after our court ruling was in effect because it was cold outside.

Congratulations on making it through the bonding period. I hope you'll have pre-court soon and that your court hearing will not be delayed.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

I can't believe you are already applying for court!!! This is so exciting. I love the picture of Leeza and Sean both lying on their sides.
She is beautiful, and yes- she's a genius :-)
Hope you got your power back!

kitzkazventure said...

She is just so cute. Kind of reminds me of the gerber baby....what great smiles you get from her! You all look so happy! Good luck on a quick court date also! karen

marsrob said...

Wow, great photos! As always, you guys ROCK!!!

Trudi said...

What strikes me about your blog is your joy. Your family radiates JOY and Leeza is picking up on that. I love it how you love being in Kaz, have new adventures, just being joyful human beings. You deserve all the goodness that is and will be showered upon you. Keep having fun - it's great!

dnd82001 said...

One more day of bonding - that is great.

Here's hoping you have a speedy pre-court day and conintued smooth sailing in the process!

Everyone looks great and so happy, what a perfect family!!

Darlene

BabyKazfan said...

Hi from Andrea, Dane and Madeline. Reading your blog is like a bit of Susan Comedy hour. I love it! The Russian narrating adds to the verbage. So I love the pics of your new baby girl. She is precious and will be a good addition to our park playdates. Can't wait to have you and Leeza home to play with. Return soon and safe...God Bless!

Jennifer said...

I love the dimple! It's so beautiful!

I can't believe you're almost finished your bonding period- wow!

Anonymous said...

Look how happy she is! I love that as time goes on you can really see her sweet personality in the photos.
What a difference 2 weeks makes!! Sean is hilarious.

Jill said...

What great pictures and stories. I had to play catch-up on some of the days .... I have to say, I loved Sean's blog and the pictures! Those flowers are great, wish I could have those in my back yard!! Hope Joe feels better soon and hope you all do get to spend more time with Leeza.

Enjoy!
Jill

demarest6 said...

Amazing that they say the bonding period is 2 weeks and you were in love before you set eyes on her. Holding her only cemented the feeling. We have been on vacation without a computer and I have been going through Kaz withdrawl--Love the silhoutte picture of the two of you. Remember, you don't get this time back, we can Fed Ex Sean's work to him and IF he falls behind you can hire a tutor... what he is learning in Kaz with you is a life lesson far more important than anything any school can teach him...just a thought...love you and miss you xoxo