Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pinecone Princess!!



Just a short post today...It's already almost 9:30 pm and I just got home!!!

It was an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS fall day in Kostanai. Leeza and I spent over an hour outside walking and walking around and around the baby house, and Leeza can hold 4 tiny pinecones at one time..2 in each hand! It was really a wonderful day.
We had so much fun and her nose is still red, but she is a happy happy girl.I just love her SO much and she is so fun to play with and watch and laugh with. She is a cool kid, I have to say! :)






Tatiana was sick today, with a cold and a slight fever, so we did not do Leeza's passport pictures today. Ivan is going to come take us tomorrow though! The caregivers are counting down the days too, it's cute.

Today Almagoul said to Leeza something about Momma, Papa, and Sean. I can't believe this is the same woman I was afraid of...she is so sweet and loving to Leeza and me!! They were also really excited when I handed them the bag of 15 soska's. :)








After my wonderful visit with the pinecone princess, I went shoppping and walking all over Kostanai with Kelly and Doug. I did my share, once again, to help the Kostanai economy. I got Sean a Kaz track suit, and I got myself a cool Kazakhstan shirt, with Kazakhstan written in Russian,and a cool pair of Kazakhstan track pants that go well with my jacket. Leeza got a hat, because the ones I had Joe bring from home don't cover her lil ears all the way, and I don't want to get yelled at by the babushka's. I also got her 2 pairs of cute tights! I LOVE THE MARKET!

I told Kelly and Doug that I am the type of person who gets excited really easily, and when I pledged my sorority in college I had to have ZTA shoe strings, hair scrunchy, picture frames, shirts, shorts, sweats, etc. When I ran my first marathon, I had to have 26.2 shirt, 26.2 socks, and 26.2 license plate for my car. So, similiarly when I go to Kaz, I need lots of cool stuff that screams Kaz for EVERYONE to see!

We walked all over and worked up an appetite and went to the new USSR cafe that I went to last night for dinner since they have an english menu and we had no translator present. :) It was yummy, then we went to the store, and I got Leeza some cookies that I think she'll like. :)

I have tons to do, I have to get my pictures ready to give the caregivers, and go thru all my gifts, etc, so no time to chat on the ole blog.

I am doing very well, and I am loving the weather, and really loving my daughter, and I am READY TO BE HER MOMMY 24/7...so...BRING IT ON!!


15 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

The care givers are going to really miss you and Leeza! Only a few more days before you're saying tearful good-byes to them.

I'm glad you're finding a lot of clothes to show your Kazakhstan pride. I didn't really see anything like that when we were there, but we didn't shop NEARLY as much as you!

I hope Leeza doesn't freak out in the car on the way to the passport place. (Roxana did well since we were holding her, but she freaked out about the car seat when we got back to the US.) Feed her some puffs so she will close her mouth for the passport picture as required.

Catalina said...

beautiful fall pictures Susan and as always very inspiring. i am sure you are very ready to be Leeza`s mom. I really enjoy your cool presentation of the blog, cool pictures, cool posts, your cool positive atitude and even if I am soo tired and was feeling little down for the past few days, with no good reasons, just overwelmed with so many things going on, but I find myself smiling reading your posts. Thank you!!! I am soo happy for Eileen and Patrick too, isnt this a great new?!!

I love Florida picture, how cant you miss it?
Hugs,
C

marsrob said...

YES! BRING IT ON! This is soooooo happy!

Sandi said...

I love her hat it makes her eyes pop out. Man is she cute as ever.

I hope all goes well tomorrow at the passport place. Good luck. Only 2 more days and that princess will be in her moms arms forever.

Yahoo, let the party begin.

Sandi

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Cool, a hat that makes your eyes pop out...I need one of those for Halloween!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

The pictures of her with her blue eyes are simply stunning! I'm thinking of you as you prepare to spring her from the Baby House.

Angela said...

I am with you! Bring it on! I can't wait to see little Leeza at home with you all the time. Only a few days!

Karen said...

I think about you being there in Autumn, the leaves that are about to fall were mere buds when we were there. And before long, the snow will blanket those very branches. How many children will look out at those windows and wonder when their mamas and papas will come for them? Garrett still looks out the window—I can't help but wonder what he's thinking.

Glad you and Leeza are well and happy.

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Getting closer and closer by the minute!! I can't wait for you to have her FOREVER!! Unlike Roxanna, Berik was totally silent the entire car ride for the passport, there and back, which was unusual for him. Once we got there he laughed and giggled beyond belief and the passport people weren't amused as the wanted his mouth shut and looking straight. We used teething gel on his gums to make him put his lips together. Then they ended melding like 4 pictures together on the
computer. Uhh.. I don't think that would fly here in the US. I can't wait to hear all the excitement when you give the gifts at the baby house! Gena, Jaimie and Berik

Tricia said...

Leeza's little hats are so cute. Only a few more days left! Sounds like you are making some great finds at the market. Show your Kaz pride! Rooster is out and on the mend. He says hi to his princess Leeza. Tell Sean that's a definite on Kazapalooza by the way.

Kelly and Sne said...

Wow - where are you finding all of this cool stuff? I wished Semey had more Kaz stuff. We had a heck of a time trying to find mementos.

Glad to see that you'll be taking photos to the caregivers. I'm sure you all will miss each other and Leeza's parting will be bittersweet.

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I love that hat on the bottom photos! It's so adorable!

You're going to need to be a Mama 24/7 just to SLOW DOWN!! LOL! I love your speed though, so I'm totally teasing.

I'm counting down the days with you! Even though I am not able to leave a comment until the evenings (my time), you are on my mind quite often during the day.

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

I'm expecting a full-on show and tell at some point of all of your Kaz treasures. Glad you are doing so well. Good luck wrapping everything up. Take Care.

Thad and Ann said...

wowzer! It's amazing how fast the time has gone since you first got to Kaz, I love reading your blog. :) Your energy is amazing! Leeza is so adorable, her eyes get me everytime I log on. I can't wait until she is in your arms forever.

Trudi said...

gosh she is CUTE. You are such a great mom. I cannot wait until she is in your care forever.