Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Leeza learns KISSES!









L is for the LOVE we have, for Leeza's lil face

E is for EXCELLENT,the time we've had in her birthplace

E is for ENAMOURED, because she's our shining star

Z is for her ZANINESS,which makes it impossible not to smile


A is for our AWESOME GOD who made the wait WORTHWHILE!


It was a terrific Tuesday here in Kostanai! The day started off well, with the "scrub woman" coming and cleaning our apartment. It gets SO DUSTY in these parts! We had our last hot shower for a couple days...as CAMPING starts TONIGHT AT 11! The water is being turned off tonight, and is being turned on Thursday night at 11, (I think!). I have 4 of the 5 litre bottles full of water, a bucket full, the kettle full, a big spaghetti noodle pan full, and the bathtub full of water. I'm not sweating the no shower bit...the weather is so perfect we don't sweat and it's not like I'm working out! My hair will start to look skanky on Thursday, but one day of skanky hair never killed anyone. In fact, the day I met my daughter I was REALLY SKANKY and scary and smelly, and they STILL let me in the baby house. Plus, EVERYONE else will have skanky hair too, so it doesn't matter. I think we have plenty of water to flush, and we don't drink the water anyway, so it's NO PROBLEM, MON! If they told me NO INTERNET for 2 days, THEN I'd be having a cow...


Warning..Very Braggy proud mommy comments below

We arrived at the BH and Leeza was still sleeping. It was SO adorable. I was standing near her crib and she stirred, and I whispered, Hi Leeza, real soft. She broke out into this HUGE smile and opened her eyes. It was so awesome! My girl recognizes her mommy's smell and her whisper! I knew she was BRILLIANT! I put her on the potty and we played peek a boo and clapping and "where's your nose". Leeza is a genius and she knows SO MANY TRICKS! I can't wait for her to show them off to Daddy...who will be here in just 5 days!! After she did pecet in the potty (while clapping, peek a boo'ing, AND finding her nose) I got to dress her and she ate lunch. She is so funny..she kept kicking her legs and sliding back in her chair. When I feed her her snack of milk and cookies before nap time, I hold her in my lap instead of the chair business. She and I both like that MUCH better and she also doesn't inhale it, she takes her sweet time. She is a smart cookie..she knows that after milk and cookies is nap time and Mommy has to go. She has started crying when we leave which breaks my heart. She used to just smile at her caregiver and only cry cuz her milk was gone. I think we're attaching!! We had a blast playing. She is really noticing EVERYTHING we do (kinda scary...) She was spinning the ball in her stacking cups the way she sees Sean and I do it, and she's stacking them the way we do too. She is loving standing, and then squatting down to pick up a toy. She is defintely getting stronger and more coordinated! Her new skills are multiplying faster and faster everyday. Her new skill on Sunday was pointing to our noses. Where's Leeza's nose? She points to it. Where is Mommy's nose? She points, and just to make sure she is not just making a random connection...where is Sean's nose? and she points. PURE GENIUS I TELL YOU!! {Sorry, I told you this was a very braggy mommy post}I am just so proud of her and so amazed that this is the same child that I didn't think ever made a sound or could crawl on the first couple days we met her! It's UNREAL! It's so amazing what love and attention can do...for everyone!! What I am loving is that she is BUSY BUSY BUSY, yet she always loves to crawl up in mommmy's lap for reading books. She is still snuggly, but she just has to have her busy time too! We havShe LOVES her ABC lion. I always kiss Leeza, probably about 1000 kisses a visit, no lie. I'm sure she feels like she is getting "mauled", just like Duchess the dog felt. Well, I told her to KISS her lion. She TOTALLY did! I thought, no way, that is just a kawinky-dinki. I asked to kiss her lion again..BIG HUGE KISS to the lion. I was reading her a book,and it's a baby book. There is a picture of a "Happy baby". I said, 'Kiss the baby, Leeza', and she DID! I was so impressed! She won't kiss the mommy though..ONLY the lion and the baby so far. I will continue to work on kisses for the mommy. I was so enamoured with her kissing the lion, and her standing and bending up to pick it up over and over, and I was trying to get it on video. I think I did, and she did something really cute, and I sat down, and SAT RIGHT ON MY CAMERA LENS. It was open, and yes, BIG FAT MOMMY BROKE THE CAMERA! I loved that lil Canon camera too. It was so small and took such great pictures. Ivan took it is giving it to the guy at his company who fixes cell phones. I am not sure it can be fixed, but hey..I can let him try. I do have another camera, so I can use that one, but I was so sad. I'm just glad I did it,and not Sean, because I would have really yelled at him to be more careful!

It was a gorgeous day out, so we took bundled up Leeza for several laps around the baby house, where she fell asleep on the last 2 laps. She makes these sweet lil sighs of contentment when she's in the ergo. It just warms my heart. I want to hug her and never let her go! I will say it's getting harder and harder to leave her at the baby house everyday. On Sunday, I was walking with her and we saw her caregiver outside. She was smiling and talking to Leeza and Leeza was smiling at her. She said "kit kit" which I think is Kazakh (or maybe Russian) and held her hands out for Leeza to come to her. Leeza TURNED her head the other way. It was SO CUTE! The caregiver (and my bad, I forget her name!!) did it again, and again, Leeza turned her head, as if to say...NO WAY, I'M NOT LEAVING MY MOMMY'S ARMS!! The caregiver said something and was really smiley...I think she said she loves her mommy,but I don't know. This is one of the caregivers that I used to be scared of. She is nice, but kinda stern and I thought she thought we were idiots. It just took her a while to warm up to us because now she is all friendly and happy and smiling at us, but she also came in on her day off to get some torte on Leeza's birthday. I think the torte sweetened her up a bit! I fed Leeza her cookies and milk in my lap, and she took her sweet time, her newest thing. The caregivers were putting their 2 kids that they fed to bed, so I snuck a bite of Leeza's milk and cake. She shot her head around and looked at me very wide eyed with those big blue eyes...as if to say..WHAT ARE YOU DOING-THAT IS MY SNACK MOMMY! It was so funny. At least she didn't cry... It tasted pretty good but the cake was a bit soggy for my taste. I put her down for her nap and rubbed her back and she was all smiles, UNTIL I walked away. Then she cried and I felt sad. However, I know it's not for much longer. This is the first time I have allowed myself any kind of a countdown. We have 5 days until Joe gets here, then 8 days until court! One week from tomorrow we have court! YAY!! I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

We are still very happy here, and very well taken care of. I will truly miss Ivan and Tatiana and Eugene when we leave. Tatiana has become a good friend! Ivan is such a gentleman and so wonderful. Joe is sending Sean's homework to me via email,and I save it to the flash drive, and asked Ivan if we could please go to a printer to print them. He just printed it on his printer at home and won't let me buy him ink or paper for his printer. I had more homework today, and told him I want to buy his ink, but he won't let me. He took us to the Gros last night and kept reminding us of stuff to get...do you need water, didn't Sean want ice cream,etc. They are SO NICE and caring,and I know that we are paying them for their service, but they treat us like friends. I expected to experience "Groundhog day" and boredom and frustration here, but I haven't experienced any of that. I am sad that I have not lost any weight, and I sat my big fatt butt on my camera, and yes, it's harder and harder to leave Leeza each day, but that's pretty much to be expected! Since my pictures today are with my broken lens and Ivan, I will post some pictures from the last couple days since I wrote a novel and I am sure it's a real bore to read. Here is one of new tricks.."doing squats" I'm glad SOMEONE is working out...

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so wonderful to see how much you are enjoying Kazakhstan!!!! Everytime I read your blog I get antsy and start thinking... I want to go to Kaz. I WANT to go. I WAAANT TOOOO GOOOOOOO!!

And what a wonderful attitude you have toward your impending "camping" adventure.

Like with so many of the children I am seeing Leeza change as the weeks go by. This process is so amazing!

Tricia said...

I am laughing so hard about the camera (not that it is broken), because Chris sat on our hand held translator a week into our trip and I couldn't believe it was gone. That is too funny that another thing bit the dust in Kaz due to a heiny! It is easy when you are rolling around with your kiddo. Brag all you want, it is so exciting to see her progress. She is a smartie...and a work out queen. Go Leeza Leeza Go! Hope you have fun camping. That is funny that we can live without running water for a couple of days, but not internet. Glad Joe is almost back and court is coming up soon. Then your time will really speed by.

demarest6 said...

You may NOT make any Fat comments! You are afterall having a baby! I know you and as soon as you get back you and I will work out at your house or mine after we drop kids off! We can also go for walks at the park with Leeza in the ergo. I won't let you off the hook for taking care of you. Keep enjoying this time and continue to realize what is important. Besides you look more beautiful now than I've ever seen you!!! You glow!!! We have saved a spot for Sean in the afternoon carpool from the St. Pete campus. How is he doing on his "work"? He truly hasn't missed that much! Praise God for each day!!xoxo

Karen said...

True: Leeza is both beautiful and a future Mensa member.

False: You are fat. (NOT) We all wish we could be as slim and trim as you. So eat away, you can afford it. :-)

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Bummer on the camera, but what a story! It is so funny that you realize you'd be fuming if Sean had broken it. LOL! Also funny about the water, but at least it sounds like you had plenty of notice. Can you imagine if a city in the US announced it was turning off water service for 2 days?! Ahhh, I miss the simple life in Kaz!

Court next week. It feels so great to type that. In the meantime, keep on posting, and no, we are NEVER bored reading your blog. Frankly, I love to start my morning with your optimism and joy -- will you email me every day once you are back in the States?! Hee hee.

How's the homework going?

Anonymous said...

eeek! Good luck camping. I would gotten some more water bottles, Susan! You are so rough! I am proud! Thank goodness for the Diet coke, huh? I guess I could make it anywhere with a DC! Leeza's looking precious as ever. And, I echo everyone else... you look SKINNY.

marsrob said...

You are wonderful! Enjoying your life in Kaz so much - what a wonder! And Leeza is LUCKY to have those thousands of kisses!!!!

BabyKazfan said...

Hi guys! We went for Agnes' sweet 16 birthday on Sunday and since they are polish, I asked them about a couple of words you've been saying. Polish and Russian are very similar, Eva actually speaks Russian so She knew about the words you've been using. Here I thought I'd teach them something!! Brooke won't let go when she stands up and walks. Not that that's a bad thing cause very soon she'll be everywhere on foot as she is everywhere crawling! Boy, are they gonna have a blast together! If you go back to Stein-Mart, Leeza and Brooke can play together while you're out working! Or, we can leave them with Aunt Ginny (aka Nana) and they'd have a ball tearing up her house!!
Danny got a contract on the house and they're closing Sept. 25! Wow, that was fast. That's neat that Plano is near Dallas, now you can see them when you're out visiting!
Hey Sean, Reggie Bush had a couple of incredible runs on Sunday's game. Johnny said Cameron wears his Reggie jersey often to school, those Bucs were having a hard time stopping him. Aaron Rogers played great! I think Green Bay will do really good this year, even though the most awesome QB isn't there anymore. I'll just have to start following the Jets. We miss you!!!

MM said...

Alright Chickpea enough with the fat comments. You are SO not fat! I see your pictures here and I promise you are wrong. And you can't be all girly-swirly worried about your weight because then Leeza will grow up to worry about hers. You silly goose! Anyways, LOVE the pics! I cannot believe Leeza is learning so much at such an early age. Mac was almost two before he learned to kiss. It looks like they are both learning to kiss in time to meet each other! ha ha :) Look out Joe! I hope the camping is going well and you have enough water for everything. What an experience! And yes, you should brag about Leeza, she does sound absolutely like a Whiz! Learning so fast with all that love & interaction she is getting with you guys! Perfectly Awesome. So one more reminder, no more fat thoughts Lumi. You couldn't be further from it, drop it from your thoughts & vocabulary!!!

Love ya!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I've been out of commission these last few days. Just catching up...I have more to read and see :)

Great photos!!!

Take care,
Eileen

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Tatiana et al are indeed very friendly. The Kostanai staff makes the stay very pleasant. Of course, seeing your precious baby every day doesn't hurt, either! I know it gets harder and harder to leave, but everytime you do so is one less time you'll have to. Soon, you'll be bringing little Leeza to your apartment, and before you know it, you will have been home with her for nine months!

On another note, I really wish I were as "fat" as you!

Thad and Ann said...

LOL, sitting on the camera is something I would do. I hope you can get it fixed. I'm so glad you are having a great time in Kaz. Everyone sounds so wonderful!

Happy camping!! :)

Trudi said...

Good thing Joe is coming - maybe he can bring you another Canon :). I would be lost without mine too.
and don't even mention the f word when talking about yourself my dear!

Leeza looks SO HAPPY. I just smile when i see that. It is so beautiful. And her squats - very, very good!

Enjoy camping - we love it....but not necessarily indoors. Check in with ya tomorrow!

Catalina said...

she is sooo beautiful, glad you will have somebody to work out and go to the gym with :).so nice to see the attachment day by day, isnt`t it?
Hugs,

Lori said...

Susan,
I haven't commented in a while but I am following along! Leeza is soooo adorable!!! I know you are having a blast and you seem to be going with the flow. You are lucky to have Sean with you. I will be praying for your court date and your safe journey home!

Unknown said...

Hi! I laughed at the video of Leeze doing squats. I see dance lessons in her future!! Have fun roughin' it for the next couple of days. You'll be like the Ingall's family. Sean is your "Half-Pint". :-) Hey, I went shopping in Steinmart last weekend and got some GREAT deals! I thought of you, my fashion-forward friend. I checked out some outfits for Leeza, too but its hard to shop for the little girl who has everything. :-) You must be soooooo excited for Joe to come back! Have fun!!

Joyce said...

Oh my, so very cute! Good luck with the lack of water. Hope all else is well.
Love,
Grandmama Kaz/Joyce

Jeannine said...

I love the second to last picture. That could be her official one year old picture. It's as good as a studio.

As far as the broken camera......no comment!!