Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Wicked Wonderful Wednesday!


We had a WICKED awesome wonderful Wednesday, if I may be so bold to say!
My day started off wonderfully with a chat with Sean, full of tales about school and even giving his Mom details. :) I am so happy that he is having such an easy transition getting back in the swing of things after his "holiday" in Kostanai for 7 weeks. I can only pray that Leeza and I will adjust so easily! One thing for sure, I know she will be glad to not have to wear this get up to go outside anymore...






After talking to Sean, and my sweet hubby, I got a call from my Dad! He was sounding SO GREAT after his surgery. He had already been on a walk with his physcial therapist bearing full weight on his BRAND NEW HIP! He sounded great and wasn't in too much pain and he had a great attitude! Now, he can keep up with his little grandaughter! We are probably going to stay overnight in Dallas on the way home because my parents are dying to see sweet Lil Leeza Grace's face in person. We are also pursueing getting Leeza a visa so we can stay overnight in Frankfurt. Since Joe and Sean hit the ground running having that night in Frankfurt, it's worth looking into. Tricia met a couple in Almaty who got their child a visa and said it wasn't a big deal, SO, once we find out more and what's involved, I will let you know in case anyone else would like to do the same thing. There is a German embassy in Almaty but the webiste is all in German. I know that most people are also really anxious to get home, and although I am sure we will be too, I'd much rather ease our transition as much as possible. After hearing Joe compare the 2 trips home, one going straight thru, and the fog he was in, versus hitting the ground running on trip two, I don't need much convincing. :) Less tired Mommy (and Daddy) (and Leeza) makes for a happier trip home for everyone...




Having stared off my morning so well talking to all the wonderful men in my life, I didn't even mind keeping my eyes WIDE SHUT during my shower. The water is brown again and it looks mighty gross swirling around at your feet in the shower. :) So, I just shut my eyes, and pretend it's clear, and it's all good. I just wonder...does one get CLEAN showering with brown water?? I don't know--but at least I don't smell. Well, I don't think I smell, but If I do, I smell like everyone else does so that's ok.:)





Tatiana hung out with us for a couple hours today until her class started at 1:30 at the University. She asked Asiil how often the kids do their sauna treatments...twice a week, on Tuesday's and Thursday. So, woo hooo..tomorrow is another sauna day. Sauna's are a big European thing and they all love them-but the babies sure don't seem too...but I am going to go sweat with them again because I like to sit by my sweet blue eyed princess so she'll stop crying.






Leeza was in a WICKED wonderful mood today. She was happy to see her mommy, and peed in the potty. Hurray for Leeza!! She ate a good lunch, (not her second course though) but Almagoul had the day off so no one made her eat it. :) We went for a walk for about an hour with Tatiana. She didn't mind walking around, and around, and around and around the baby house. :) I missed her, because I hadn't seen her since Saturday since she is off Sunday's, and Monday and Tuesday are her busy days teaching. She has no classes tomorrow so she is going to hang out with us ALL day and then we're going to get a pedicure cuz my toes are not very pretty! Yay!! I am excited for some "girl time". Leeza wanted to come too but we told her she can't come yet..her time is coming soon!! Today after lunch, it was a sunny gorgeous day and there were all kinds of toddlers and momma's and babies outside the coffee shop in the plaza area. I can't wait to walk around with Leeza in her ergo out there. :)

I am also very happy to report that Leeza had ZERO spaz attacks today. She was happy and very talkative and just crawling around like a maniac. She also loves to dance. She is a lot like her Mommy! She has got the crawling thing down pat...and is getting much stronger at walking with just holding onto one of my hands. I really cannot believe the difference in this kiddo. She is getting so much stronger and so much more confident. She's like my lil flower who is blooming. :) (yes, I know, very sappy...)It was hard to snap a good picture because this is how many of my photo's turned out...












I just love to sit back and watch her. I have some Bob Carlisle songs (he sings Butterfly kisses, and another Christian songs) on my ipod and a song came on called Angels are all Around us and i just started bawling like a big baby because Leeza is our angel, truly our dream come true. She is so much fun to play with. Our visits go by so quickly because she is just so fun!! There was a lady in the music room next door and she was vacuuming. Leeza was very intruiged by what she was doing....it was really cute.




We had a great day, and I can't wait to see her tomorrow! I will hopefully get some cute pictures too because I'll have "Aunt Tatiana" with us and maybe she can get a cute one of both of us together. Although, my hair is getting very long and I shower with brown water, so I am not looking very foxy AT ALL! But, Leeza ALWAYS looks foxy. :) The EYES have it.....I feel sorry for the boys in her future..yowza...



17 comments:

Joby and Marla said...

I just purchased a snowsuit & was a little worried because it looks so huge. What size is Leeza's snowsuit? They can't possible be comfortable with all that extra on. How does she move?

MM said...

Hey Chickpea! Wow! What a get up! Little Leeza is going to CRUISE once she gets to Florida and doesn't have ten layers on. Great news about your Dad :) I am so glad for you guys. And yikes on the brown water. That is so crazy. Do they tell you why it comes out brown? yuko! Good thing you can visualize a crystal clear stream when you are bathing! Good luck in the sauna, did you pack a swim suit? ;) I wonder why it is good for you? I guess any R&R is...altho it doesn't sound like the kiddos dig it yet. So, if you go to Frankfurt will you stay there overnight? Little Leeza's big journey home! Love ya!

Alysa said...

What a great post! The pictures of your little blue-eyed angel are too much. I'm falling in love with her too!

Hey, I found out that the Almaty German Consulate has a visa hotline, which is available from 1300-1645 M-Th and 11-1330 on Fridays, along with an online application form in English. I'll send you the links and phone number via email.

Poor little baby in her snowsuit -- cute, but looks SO uncomfortable! I'm debating whether I have to buy one and how it is going to fit in the suitcase. I have coats, warm fleece outfits, and lots of shirts and onesies for layering, but don't want the Kaz population yelling at me if I take Brady out for a stroll!

That brown water is just rust and other minerals -- you got an extra dose today! So how is your hair doing? Mine is stiff as a board after a few days in Kaz.

So, so glad to hear your Dad is doing well after his surgery! How wonderful that you will be able to introduce your daughter to him on your way home.

Karen said...

You're right—Leeza's crystal blue eyes are to die for. And hip, hip hooray for your dad's quick recovery. Sounds like you inherited your upbeat attitude from him. :-)

marsrob said...

Look at her GORGEOUS blue eyes! SEriously! And, is it me? She is looking SO different from the first photos. I swear, her facial muscles and expressions seem so radiant compared to the beginning. Like Aila, she was always so pretty, but something has shifted since you came along. I saw it in Aila's photos too. Amazing.

That sauna thing freaks me out! And, I am so moved by your post. I cried while I read the part when you cried. I am soooooo attached to your process and your well-being, it is nuts! xoxoxo

kitzkazventure said...

What a sweet sweet girl! I used the flower blooming analogy often upon our return home with Nick. It is one of the greatest gifts you get with adoption....to watch another human change simply from love is unlike anything else! Brings tears to my eyes still!!

My parents live in Dallas area also. Maybe our paths will cross there someday if not at Kazapalooza!

That playroom is fabulous. So many happy colors and climbing opportunities!

Hope you are able to stay in Frankfort but if not, we had no issues with jetlag. Nick didn't seem to struggle with it and I was so glad to be home, I didn't even notice! :) karen

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Man, Leeza looks HUGE in that snowsuit!

Tatiana's fingernails always look pretty, but I guess that's expected after four hour manicures! I hope that your toesnails look pretty, too. You can look at them in the shower if you can see them through the brown water!

BabyKazfan said...

hey there, it is kathryn! i know you wondered where i went, or where i am...i am so sorry to say that i am in almaty right now! we arrived in kostanai monday afternoon, saw gauhar for 3 hours...then, woke up and saw her another 4 hours, went to court, and back to the baby house to see her again...THEN, had to go back to court for the declaration this morning at 9:30, go to the notary, and then onto the airport at record speeds to fly out to almaty...that just makes me tired thinking about it! you look like you are doing great, and i wish we could have seen you!!

things were crazy getting out of town again

demarest6 said...

So the children have to dressed in snowsuits, hats, long pants, long sleeve shirts, is it freezing there? Just imagine her cute little face when she gets to the beach with no shoes on---she's going to laugh! I want to go on that outting! Sean is doing great, what a sweethart. I asked him to go run Shadow out back-which my children humph at- and he said sure, went right out and ran like a maniac. He is just a joy! I know he misses you! Keep enjoying!xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Hey Susan-
On my way to see you guys, I wish. Just lots of meetings and lots of business travel. I might have to hide in the bushes and look in at the Seanor complex to get a glimpse of sweet Leeza in person. She is a beauty and her eyes are really remarkable. Not often do you see peepers that look so magical on film - I bet she is really enchanting in person. Speaking of enchanted, encouraged by the fun you described p-K (pre-Kaz) when you took Sean to Disney World, we are taking the girls there next weekend. I don't think you will be home yet. But I am sensing a "business" trip to FLA will be a must this weekend to meet the newest little Serra. Stay well and thank you so much for sharing this.
xo Nicole

Kelly and Sne said...

It sounds like you DID have a good day! Nothing like a kid in a good mood to make the day fun!

Not that I want to discourage you from spending the night in Germany if you want to... but after being in Kaz for so long I don't think that one night will 'catch you up' on jet lag. Besides, you'll be happy with the fact that Leeze should sleep the rest of the way from Frankfurt to home because she'll be so exhausted by then. Also, after having custody of Miras for 2 weeks while 'traveling' (even though we were in an apartment), we were REALLY anxious to just be home. Just a thought...

dnd82001 said...

hey lady,

Checkin in and seems like everyday gets better and better - she is a real beauty!!!

glad to see you are having a great time as well and managing on your own.

I had to travel this week on business - not something I wanted to do but before I go out on my second leave I am in Canada. Cant want to get home - so much to do!!

So we are getting ready for Nicholas and glad to hear you are right behind us!

Stay well!
Darlene

Anonymous said...

THOSE EYES! Those beautiful blue eyes!

Oh and Leeza WOULD have to dress like Bibendum (the Michelin Tire Man)if she lived in our neck of the woods in the winter!

Tricia said...

Glad to hear that all of your guys are doing well. I always wondered that about the brown water, too, especially when they were bathing the babies with it at the baby house. I have to tell you something funny. I went to get a pedicure here and the woman was like what happened to your feet. I told her I was out of the country for awhile and the place was a little rough on the feet (even after a pedicure there!). All of that walking in sandals.
Now I have to go read the sauna post. I am a little behind. The photos looked cute. I went to my own eye doctor tonight and she said the she thinks it was the environment there (dust, water, etc) that caused the problem. All is good now, though.

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Yes the eyes have it for sure! She is simply beautiful! I wrote you a reg email before I read this and suggested that I see you all in Dallas sometime. Obviously I didn't mean the day you come home with her. I meant later on down the line when you visit. Love the snowsuit. To Joby and Marla.. they don't move that's for sure. Gena, Jaimie and Berik

Jennifer said...

What an adorable baby girl. You are right- the boys better watch out! That first picture is breath taking. And I love the one where she is peeking out to watch the lady. That one made me smile.

That is so awesome about your Dad! Yay!!

I hope you enjoy the pedicure. I know what you mean about fingers and toes getting kinda gnarly. LOL!!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

That snowsuit is cracking me up! Where is she in that thing?! She practically disappears! HA! I remember those days of Max laying against me in layers of clothing and snow gear -- all while I was in a t-shirt. I'm sweating just thinking about it. :-)

Great to hear that Sean is off to a good start in 5th grade. All of that time you poured into the 4th grade is paying off! Are you already thinking about the holidays? What a joyful season it's going to be in the Serra household. If it's already freezing in Cincinnati in December, you may have the Leggett/Floyd family show up at your door step. hee hee.

Her eyes, her eyes, her eyes. I just can't get enough.

It's closing in on the end of September, and then it will be THE MONTH THAT YOU GET TO COME HOME. Getting so close....

And yes, it was so hard for us to take Max from the baby house. He really was happy there. But, you power through it, because you know in the end that the caretakers and the cooks and the doctors and the groundskeepers all know deep down that their beautiful Leeza Grace is going to have a loving, amazing life in America. And, that brings you the strength to humbly walk out the door with her in your arms. (I still cried).