Wednesday, September 10, 2008

No Water Wednesday!!!





Day one of no water and we are no worse for the wear! My hair was a little flat today though, but Leeza didn't seem to care!!

We woke up to a gloomy, rainy morning. It was chilly out and grey-one of those mornings you could stay home in your jammies and watch movies all day! In fact, Sean slept until 10:15! I had more time on the internet this morning since I didn't have to mess with taking a shower! I got to chat with my good buddy Sandi on skype! We arrived at the baby house a lil soggy, and I got to run in , so there was my excercise for the day! LOL! I got to take Leeza out of her crib this morning. She was already awake (barely) but I LOVE being able to take her out her crib and then put her in her crib before I go. The caregivers have really warmed up to us. That is a definite advantage of staying for so long-you get to know the caregivers really well. I no longer feel like they think i'm an idiot, but they still might, but maybe they realize I'm an idiot who really does love Leeza. I also keep forgetting their names..I know 2 names, but the other 2 I keep forgetting. I need to write it down.
The one caregiver, the one who I used to be scared of but it really nice now, went to get the kids their lunch. The other caregiver had to go get water in these big buckets. I thought she wanted me to help her,so I went to go put Leeza in the playpen, but she wanted us to "watch the kids" while she went to get water. Sean and were "honorary care givers" for about 10-15 minutes. It was HILARIOUS. One of the kiddo's was in the walker and he was going around like a madman. His sock feel off so Sean was trying to get his sock back on and he would not sit still. I was laughing so hard. Then Sean was doing some kind of a dance for all the kids and jumping around, and he worked up a sweat! I think he has a new appreciation for how hard the caregivers work!!

While we were in charge, one of the kid's pants fell down. I put Leeza down for a second so I could pull the poor kids pants up (they're all so big, and pulled up to their chests, they look like Erkel!!) and Leeza did not LIKE THAT ONE BIT! She was like OH NO WAY, you are MY MOMMY and you DO NOT PUT ME DOWN to help out my buddy there! The head teacher came in (she is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice, one of my favorites at the baby house) and was asking all about Sean. She gave Sean a big hug for a long time. He started to look a little uncomfortable..LOL. She was tickling Leeza and montioned for Leeza to come to her. Leeza laughed and smiled at her, but when she put her arms out, Leeza turned her the other way head again! That's my girl!! She cracks me up!!

We had fun playing today. She was very into her cups, and standing up, and bending down to pick up things she dropped. She also likes to rock out to the tunes. She has a new thing too where she holds a toy or something up high, then puts it down again. It reminds me of some kind of excercise.
She also kissed on command again, her baby book, and a toy, but NOT HER MOMMY! What is UP with that? She won't give me any kisses! However, she did sit and snuggle with me for a long time today, after reading books. She was in a snuggly mood-I think it was the weather. :) We also had fun dancing and she rested her sweet lil head on my shoulder. So, I guess I can't complain too much about the kisses, but still....




Sean went to the store today to get us snacks and drinks. He came back with our new favorite snack..peanuts. Leeza GRABBED my bag of peanuts and would not give them back. She was trying to open them (unsuccessfully or I would have had to take them) and she'd look at us and making chewing motions. It was soooooooooooooooooooo precious!!! My Coke Light was not cold, so I saved it and brought it home for the fridge. I just can't do warm coke light..yuck!!






Leeza loved hangin onto the peanut bag...was really trying to get it open too!!




The big mean Mommy took her peanuts away...



As long as we get to spend time with Leeza, nothing else really matters.






No water-no problem, as long as the Coke light is cold, the occasional Baltica number 5 is cold, and the internet is up...LIFE IS GOOD!







Our time with Leeza goes by faster and faster everyday! Before I know it, it's time to take her back to her group! We do get to spend almost 4 hours with her though, so I am so grateful for every single second! I love feeding her her milk and cookies and putting her down for her nap.

When we left today, the caregivers were telling me something. I understood, TOMORROW, and shampoo,and Leeza. I thought they were telling me to bring shampoo so I could wash Leeza's hair. Tatiana came in just as we were all cracking up trying to figure out if we knew what each other were saying, and I had figured it out correctly. The caregiver brought shampoo from home, and it was out, and she wanted to wash the babies hair and asked if I would mind bringing some in. We went to the pharmacy and bought a big bottle of Johnson's. She told Tatiana that she liked to use because the babies hair doesn't smell good. However, Leeza's hair always smells good. She is always very clean and always smells sweet to me! I cannot wait until Joe arrives with the donations from 2 Hearts for Hope..it's going to be so fun to pass it all out. I am going to ask the head teacher if we can help. :)

As we were leaving, another family was coming in. It appeared to be a single woman, and her mother. A new agency is working out of the Dolphin baby house ..the Frank Foundation. Their translator looked very young...and she was tiny! She looked smaller than Sean!
There are now 6 American families here. I only see two of them, and that is only when we're both outside. They really are successful in keeping us separated! I thought it would be easier to meet other american families!

My camera is currently in several pieces. Ivan took it to his phone repairman at his company and took a picture of it for me as well as the repair dude. He is so nice!!He said the camera was manufactured very well! Yes,it should be..it wasn't cheap! He said he hopes he can fix it! I used my new Panasonic one today. It does take nice picture, but it's big, and takes forever to download.

Countdown begins:

Only 4 days until Joe gets here
(HIS VISA WAS SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED AND PICKED UP ON TUESDAY BY THE ASSISTANT STORK!!) YAY!!!
Court is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!

16 comments:

marsrob said...

Court is one week away!??? WOW! And Joe is returning! YAY! I love what you said about "as long as you get to visit with Leeza, nothing else matters." That is a beautiful thing - and I wish all American families would have your attitude! Your hair looks great!

demarest6 said...

I'm so glad you are enjoying every second! Sean looks really happy. He is an amazing young man, and changed forever, I'm so glad he stayed with you. Tell me again, what happens at court this time? Love reading about your days.xoxo

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so precious. What a gift for you and Sean to be able to spend so much focused time with her. I know sean's time in Kaz is huge on his being able to bond with Leeza especially once you get back to Florida and there are so many distractions.

No word yet for me...still waiting. But enjoying reading about Leeza!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

I tried to post a comment & it didn't go through. Hopefully second times a charm.

Your hair looks great!

I am so happy for you that your in-country experience has turned out so well. Hey, Leeza is the best part of course. It's something that Sean will never forget either. I can't believe that your court date is already coming up! It also sounds like a quick turn around for Joe to return. I know you guys can't wait for that either.

It's always intersting to hear how babyhouses deal with groups of families being there at the same time. It's a shame that you can't meet the other 4 families (you mentioned meeting only 2).

As always viewing the family photos has been great fun!!

Take care,
Eileen

Karen said...

You are very lucky to have four hour visits. We were limited to two hours (and no pictures and no going outside and no seeing his buddies and no seeing where he slept or ate or showered...). We were dealing with a VERY strict director. LOL

Do you know why you haven't gotten any kisses yet from Leeza? She's doing what every smart girl knows: Play hard to get!!! But just think how you'll feel once you get that first smackeroo. Priceless.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope you'll get to know some of the other American families so that y'all can meet up at Dolce Vita or something, especially after Sean and Joe are gone. If you keep spending four hours with Leeza, you might not have time to do much else, though! I am glad you had another happy visit today.

Sandi said...

Amazing that court is 1 week away. I had a great time chatting this morning and when the boys are gone we can light up the skype line :)

I'm so happy your experience has gone so well and that things are moving along. I agree with what Jen said, its nice that you have such a great attitude, it makes your experience that much more exciting.

Hugs to all,
Sandi

The Cook said...

She is precious. I love your positive attitude...just like me, I was like once I find my daughter nothing else matters, I can handle anything. Yeah for only one more week until court.

BabyKazfan said...

Sounds good Sue! How long do you have to stay after court again? I'm sure you are so excited to see Joe. We are scheduled to go to Austin this weekend to watch AR vs. TX and to see Nic and No- unfortunately a hurricane is headed to TX this weekend- ugh. We may need to cancel the trip:(.

So glad everything is going so well. Can't wait to meet Leeza in person.

Love,

Stacey

Kelly and Sne said...

You look no worse for the wear with no water! Hey, we found Baltika 7 here in the states - so you can keep up your habit once you get home! Can't believe that court is finally almost here!

Tricia said...

I love that photo of Leeza and Sean looking at each other. Sean is brave going to the store on his own. Especially if it is that convenience store near the baby house. Those people are hard to get to crack a smile. Boo on warm coke light. I was in my glory when I came home and bought an ice cold pepsi. Ah, the little things in life. That is too bad that you can't really see the other families. It is kinda funny because we all "talk" anyway via the internet. Little do they know. Hooray for 4 days until Joe gets there! I bet he can't wait to give Leeza Leeza a big squeeze. Hope your water comes back on as scheduled. Two days will be enough.

Anonymous said...

Yeah right Susan, the "occasional" beer? I know you !!

Just kidding, and am so glad to hear court is coming up so quickly. You are a real trouper and I'm jealous when I see how fashionable you are in kaz. I lived in three shirts and two pairs of pants. You definitely are the Bou lady!!!

shannon

Our Family of Bloggers said...

I love that picture of Sean and Leeza looking at each other! Anyone who thinks Sean would have learned more important things in the first few weeks of school is so wrong. You can tell how much he is getting out of this experience (aside from a stunningly beautiful little sister!)
You know what happens after the countdown to court???? The countdown to you get to keep little Leeza forever!!!!

Angela said...

Glad you are doing fine without water! It is amazing how little we need to get by :) . . .

So happy that court is coming up soon and that Joe is heading back. I think we may be on the same flight out of Astana as Joe & Sean.

Looks like another lovely day with Leeza. She is so cute with her bag of peanuts.

I have been enjoying this weather!

Joyce said...

Hi Susan,Joe and Sean,
First off, I am real glad to hear that Joe will soon arrive! Yea! You all must be really missing him.
Secondly, you are such great helpers! Shampoo, Hearts that Help, Sean entertaining every child there,just loving the country and the people. What great embassadors you are for our great country! Thanks so much!
I am glad that you will get your water back today.
Love to all,
Joyce/Kaz Grandmama

Jennifer said...

I love it that she doesn't want you to help anyone else. So cute and funny.

Gigi's newest "trick" (ugh!) is to put a bunch of peanuts in her mouth, suck off all the salt, chomp them up a bit while still continuing to enjoy that peanut flavor, then she spits out the whole mess. Ew.

Sorry I've been offline for so long! Sick, sick, sick. Couldn't wait to catch up though!