Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Boyfriend's Back!!!







Hey Ya, Hey ya, MY BOYFRIENDS BACK!!!

Oh it's so nice to have our sweetie, the Pack Mule, BACK IN KOSTANAI with us! He brought all kinds of stuff, like Triscuits, more Starbucks coffee, Sweet and Salty granola bars (For Sean), lipton cup of soup, and microwave popcorn too! Plus, he has all the wonderful donations from 2 hearts for Hope. No charges for overweight bags either! We have not been charged yet for any bags...and we were HEAVY on the way over too. I'm not complainin though! :) I didn't care, I would have paid, but we never had too!
It was a tad chilly for me today too. The weather here is crazy...one day very warm, one day cold, etc. However, now I have 4 sweaters, a pair of cords,my coat, and an extra pair of jeans! yay!!

Joe arrived at the baby house at around 1:00. We were in the vistitation room. Leeza looked at him, and clung to Mommy for comfort. I am so glad that she does that, it makes me feel good that she knows that Mommy keeps her safe! Sean and I hugged Joe, but Leeza wasn't too sure about that. It took 5-10 minutes of her on my lap, before I handed her to Joe and she was laughing and giggling. She was a big show off and was proud to show him her nose, his nose, how she can clap, and play peek a boo. He had only heard and seen about her new mad skillz from me, and pictures on the blog. She also crawled for him on her hands and knees too! She doesn't crawl like this ALL the time yet, but she just started it yesterday. He could tell she's gotten stronger, but says she looks bigger on the blog. :)

She also is rockin on her birthday present stacking rings. Sean hands them to her in the right order and she can stack them up now, without throwing the head back when she misses. She did it like 3 times in a row today, and we all clap when she does one and she gets all excited. She is so CUTE!!! I also had Joe bring the baby sign language dvd's and books I got and Baby Einstein too. Since she is such a mensa genius, I thought she'd learn sign language quickly too. I never did that with Sean, but it seems like all the cool mom's do it now.
I am starting to feel bad for Sean. He had no ergo, no stacking cups, no sign language, and no baby Einstein! I am sure that's why he can be so sassy...



Considering Leeza didn't feel well today, she did GREAT getting to know her daddy again. Bless her lil heart, she is really congested and she was just a mess. I got her out of her crib when we got to the baby house, and noticed these 2 huge patches on her back, with red dots. I was alarmed, but the caregiver told me it was from her medicine. It was injections, so I guess that is what it does to her skin? Poor lil angel! She also had a couple bruises on the side of her face, which I am sure if from banging her head on the side of the playpen. We are getting pretty adept at catching her before she pulls that head back when we're with her, but the way the kids crawl all over each other and grab at each other, I can see why she gets bruises. She looked a bit of a mess today, but her daddy still thinks she's BEAUTIFUL!
It was so cute to see them interacting again. Joe wasnt' lookin so beautiful either, he has the "motley" look we had when we flew to get here. He didnt' sleep on the flights, and had no showers or anything. Right now, he is crashed on the couch. :)
We had a fun visit then we went to Dolce Vita for lunch.

I'm already getting sad thinking about Joe and Sean leaving again on Thursday, but I know, I will be just fine. :) I just like them here! I am excited about court on Wednesday, and ready to get this show on the road. Joe brought a bunch of clothes for Leeza, and socks, and hats, and all kinds of super cute things I've been buying for a year. :) She is going to look so cute, bruises, iodine, rash and all. :)

Joe spent the night in the Almaty airport. He didn't do the transit hotel, just sat down and waited, and read some. He was harrassed by taxi drivers, and paid 1400 tenge for a cup of coffee and a bottle of water. We are defintely spoiled here in Kostanai with the inexpensive prices! He traveled during the day this time, where as before, we traveled during our night time, so he didnt' sleep at all. I think he will sleep good tonight, but I'm going to let him nap for just a bit longer. :)






19 comments:

Tricia said...

I am so happy for you that your "pack" is completely back together again. The next big event is coming soon. Enjoy your time together.

BabyKazfan said...

hi Joey,Do you like us including my mom and your wonderful son?
from johnny

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Yeah - I'm so glad Joe is there. He must of been so excited to see everyone. I hope Leeza feels better soon.

Alysa said...

So happy your boyfriend is back in town! Wonderful to see the whole family together again. Hope he can catch up on his sleep soon. Of course baby Leeza remembered her Daddy! So sweet!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I am glad Joe arrived safely. He looks happy to see y'all, and y'all look happy to see him!

Sandi said...

Yeah so happy your all together. I think Joe looks pretty darn good for travelling all through the days to get to you. So glad Leeza was happy to see him. A few more days and then the real count down begins.. AHHHHHHHHH.. my calendar is ready..

Sandi

Trudi said...

Ahhhh she clearly remembered Daddy - so sweet! And you and Sean look pretty happy to see him too - and I agree with Sandi - he really travels well! So sorry Leeza Grace is still under the weather - she's certainly building up that baby immune system. And now begins a very exciting phase! We're all ready!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yippy Joe made it back.

The picture of Joe kissing little Leeza with Sean looking at the book with them is soooo sweet.

marsrob said...

AWWW! Happy happy!!!! Glad Joe is back safe and sound and brought you all treats and Leeza warmed up fast! xoxooxo

The Cook said...

I am so glad you are all together again. You will be fine when they go because it will be no time at all before oyu have full custody of that gorgeous child and then you will be super super busy. Good luck on Wednesday.

Patrick & Eileen said...

What a great update for me to check in on....Joe is back in town!! You guys are super with the photos, clowning around and the kids lookin' cute as ever.

Keep enjoying your time together!
Eileen

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Yeah !! One happy family, smiles all around! Court is just around the corner and I know you can't wait for that! We are watching and thinking about ya each day. Take care. Gena
PS - Did you get T to call Gulsana yet?

Anonymous said...

SO GREAT to see all of you together! Love the pics... everyone looks so happy!!

Kelly and Sne said...

Glad that Joe is back and that Leeza warmed up to him again pretty fast! She is stylin' as usual in her new duds.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Yay! So glad Joe made it back safe and sound. Enjoy your next couple of days together and soon enough, you'll all be abck together in sunny Florida.
And yes, all the cool moms do baby sign language :-)
Rylie is now totally verbal, but when she REALLY wants something she'll go: Mama, More! More! More! while signing more. It is pretty funny.
And yes, that is wonderful Leeza clings to you for comfort. All the rights signs for attachment.
XOXO

Unknown said...

I can feel your happiness just from reading your blog. You are an awesome writer. I hope you enjoy your time there together. Visual yourself in your house, playing on the floor with Leeza as she squeals with delight while Sean is doing some sort of crazy dance and Miles is barking at Sean and Joe is sitting on the couch watching Sunday football. Doesn't that sound great? I can even smell the homemade beef and potato soup you're cooking on the stove. This will be the Serra household very, very soon!!!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad Joe made it there safely.

I can't wait for your court day! As you said, "Let's get this show on the road!"

Love the cool mom comment too. (Grin)

Anonymous said...

You are so cute and I'm glad your boyfriend's back ;-)

You're gonna miss them like CRAZY when they're gone, but you're a super trouper (isn't that from Mamma Mia????) so will be FINE.

The countdown continues girl!

Love ya,
Shannon

Joyce said...

It's so good to see Joe back in the pictures!
Love to all,
Kaz Grandmama/Joyce