Saturday, September 27, 2008

Super SNOTTY Saturday (and Sleepy Susan!!)




Man oh man, these kids DON'T share a prayer of ever getting rid of their colds. Leeza was getting so much better, but since everyone else has snot, she now has snot AGAIN! Her nose was running like a SIEVE and she was super snotty, and Susan was SLEEPY today too after her "big night out". Ivan told me at lunch I had "tired eyes". LOL

Leeza was pretty happy today and active as usual. She loves her toys, but she also was obsessed with the peanuts I was eating, and the travel toilet paper container, and a package of kleenex. She has also gotten to be the "expert crawler" and man, she is FAST! It's wild to think that 2 weeks ago she couldn't crawl on her knees, and now she's a crawling sprinter. :)








The only time she got UNHAPPY was when her MEAN mommy wiped her nose. Then, the vicious cycle of snot,wiping,crying produces more snot. Poor Leeza...her lil nose is just red and raw and it just keeps running. I guess it's good she's not congested, and can breathe though. I'm sure she'll cherish these pictures so much when she is older. :)







We just hung out in the room outside her playroom today. Almagoul brought back A and A (boy and girl) to play with us. It was fun-and Leeza was really sweet and shared her toys without a fuss. She also had fun cleaning up. Almagoul was getting a kick out of watching Leeza put everything away. I wonder if she'll be a neat freak?
I just love the caregivers. I am so in awe of them and how hard they work. I know Leeza is going to miss them a lot.







It's cold out today--it was 7 degrees celcius, which I think it about 40 degrees. I know that is not COLD at all for Kazakhstan, and not cold for others either, but that is WINTER IN FLORIDA PEOPLE!! However, I am LOVING my new Kazakhstan jacket-it's comfy cozy! Ivan and I went to the Russian Bar and I had my favorite soup, Solyanka plus some new salad that was really good. We split a big pot of tea...VERY YUMMY! I am really going to miss the food here. It's so good!! I am going to walk to the coffee shop and meet Tatiana for coffee and dessert at 7 pm tonight (in about an hour!)

Eugene is getting me a crib for Leeza, so that takes care of ONE of my many anxieties about her coming "home" with me on Friday. I am going to shopping for a walker this week because I think she'll love that. I have my Baby Einstein DVD's and also my baby sign language dvd's too, so maybe that will keep her attention for a lil while so I can blog. HA HA


My apt is all nice and clean with clean sheets and towels since the "scrub woman" came today. I really love "my crib" and I will like it even more when Leeza's crib arrives and SHE'S in it! Yet, as excited as I am, I am also SCARED! I still remember the feeling bringing Sean home from the hospital. You have this tiny lil baby and you feel this overwhelming since of responsibility. Leeza is not a lil 4.7 lb baby like Sean was, but an active, mobile, princess whose world has been confined to the baby house grounds....which is almost SCARIER. I'm worried about what she'll think, and worried about keeping her safe and worried about never sleeping again.
Both of our worlds are about to be ROCKED, but Leeza has no idea that it's about to happen!

16 comments:

Tracy said...

OUCH.. her poor wittle nose.... they need kelnex with lotion over there. Poor baby.

I will say a little pray that she feels better real soon.

Tracy

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I'm so sorry she is so snotty -- you need to get her to the warm FL weather!!! I hated it when the boys had colds - I was never very good with the bulb syringe.

I can't believe you get to take her on Friday - FINALLY. She is going to be so happy to have you full time!!! And then it will be not time before you are back in FL with the whole family.

Thinking of you.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I am so happy for little Leeza that her new life with a great family will soon begin. At the same time, I feel sad for her since she'll be very freaked out by the transition. I am so glad that you stayed the whole time so that she'd go home with her familiar mommy, who can comfort her during her stressful time. Even though Leeza may wonder, "What's wrong with this picture?" when she's taken from the baby house, she'll know what's right with the picture - that she's with her mommy as she should be. I know it's not possible for some people to stay throughout the duration of the adoption, but it sure is much better for the children when it's Gotcha time!

As for the snot thing...the kids in Roxana's group were snotty the whole time we were in Kaz. I'd look around and see goo running into the kids' mouths. Yummy!

Like Leeza, Roxana didn't like having her nose wiped because it was so sore. Surprisingly, she didn't seem to mind the snot sucker thingy. I sang, "I'm gonna suck that snot right out of your nose..." to the tune of "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair."

Tricia said...

I hope Leeza's cold gets better when you have her in the apartment. I wonder if they have the "boogie snatcher" over there. It has been working wonders on R's runny nose now (even though he is not happy about the process). Great that you are getting a crib. You can always put her in there to be safe if you have to go to the bathroom or take a shower. I bet her transition will be good since you have been spending so much time with her. She may be scared of each thing a little at first (like the play room), but will warm up quickly because her mommy is with her. Get your sleep now, though! I paid for my night of "chute chute" wine before breaking him out. Party up before hand! LOL

marsrob said...

Oh those poor noses! Aila and her baby crew had the same challenge. How to ever get over it when everyone has it?!!! Anyways, it is nice that you are getting support to get ready for the big change! Understandable that you feel scared. Oh I was out of my mind with terror. EVen ifyou've done it before, it is daunting but wonderful. THe blur of not sleeping really changes everything, but it is worth it all! Right now, Aila is supposed to be napping in her room - instead, she is "meowing" loudly. Sigh. I need a nap!

Sandi said...

Aww poor baby, I hope your wiping her nose with puffs. :-)

You are gonna be awesome, she knows you so well, and having the crib will be great. I hope you find a cool walker, and then you can donate to the BH.

Only 5 days to Gotcha Day.

Karen said...

Snot again? Poor little red nosed Leeza--hope she's feeling better soon. Friday, the day she gets to break out of her crib. (Your Gotcha Day as well as our 6-month anniversary with the litle kazman.) Love it.

P.S. Thanks for your rhyming comment the other day--it was fab.

demarest6 said...

Amazing to me that they put these kids in the sauna, wrap them up like mummies to go outside and they are all still sick...It will be nice to see her without bruises on her forehead and "not sick" nose. You are a great mom and although I'm sure it is normal for you to be anxious about having her all to yourself, remember you are never alone! Christ is with you and baby Leeza and has been holding her throught the whole transition. She knows your arms and holding her will calm her. She knows your voice, so singing to her will be tranquil for her. She knows your heart so even if she is feeling all the changes she knows she has you ( and soon Joe and Sean ) at her beck and call. Phil 4:6--I know that all your blogging friends are praying for you. I promise to be your warrior! I can honestly relate to the no sleeping thing, I really like to sleep, just remember all the old rules, when she naps-you nap, turn the phone and computer off. You have SOOOO many friends that will help you in everyway--you are so loved!!!xoxo

Alysa said...

You described exactly what I am feeling about taking Brady out of the babyhouse next week as well! It is SCARY!! You'll be great though and Leeza is so used to you in her life now as her Mommy, I'm betting the transition won't be too hard. Can't wait for Friday!

BabyKazfan said...

Hey Sue!

Glad you are having a good time in Kaz and getting out a bit. I knew you would be popular. Sorry poor Leeza is under the weather. I can't believe she is coming with permanently on Friday. Cool.

Love,

Stacey

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Susan, I just have say I love your attitude and your enthusiasm for all things Kazak. I don't think I've seen anyone quite so upbeat and positive about the whole experience as you have been, and all that optimism given that your agency dropped off the face of the earth upon your arrival. You get huge bonus points, and of course a beautiful Princessa.

Hopefully Doug and Kelly will now give you enough incentive to find your way to Maine at some point so that we can all get together. If not, we'll see you at Kazapalooza. Have an amazing week. You've waited so long for your moment and supported so many of us during our journeys - enjoy and know we are all so happy for you. Take Care.

Steve, KJ, and Tougy

Aaron and Julie said...

Can you believe your daughter will be in your arms forever in less than a week??? You are an awesome mother, Susan, and you are ready to spring this precious princess from the BH. Try to keep her on the BH schedule and make boundries, but don't be afraid to cross the line in Leeza's favor (especially regarding sleep) for the sake of adjustment & sanity. Everything will change again once you get home to FL. The time will fly until you get to Almaty & then it will go even faster. Your family day is coming!!

I hope Leeza gets better once in your apt. Ben was sick the entire time we spent with him at the BH and hasn't had a bad cold since.

I love that you are loving your time in Kaz. You are awesome.

BabyKazfan said...

poor baby... so sorry she's not feeling well... sounds like you are having fun...
Have a great day!
Lanetta Gobble
www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Everyone has runny noses here, too and it's not below 90 ;-) Wow, Friday you bring her back!!!! I guess I lost track, I didn't realize it was so soon. Good luck!
Shannon
p.s. Kostanai sounds so nice, I love hearing about the fun you're having.

Trudi said...

TGIF and happy Friday have new meanings now. Can't wait!

Jennifer said...

Oh, look at that poor little nose! Poor baby! I hope she and her friends get better soon!

Will you post a pic of you in your comfy, cozy Kaz coat? I can't wait to see it.

Friday!! Yay!