Thursday, September 11, 2008

Terrifyingly terriffic Thursday!








Good news: We have water!!!
It was only out for one day! Woo hoo!!!

Sean realized this as we had 5 minutes until Tatiana was coming to pick up this morning to go see Leeza. So, I had skanky hair anyway, but we have water. YAY!
Although, it's still cold....LOL. I am thankful for our boiler since we will have hot showers still!

We had a wonderful day today with Leeza. She is getting a runny nose, I noticed it yesterday cuz she kept sniffling like she was stopped up. They put iodine on her nose to help with the congestion. I can't say I've ever heard of that but, HEY, whatever will help my angel to breathe better. So,she had a yellow nose today, but she was still quite adorable!

I sure love my sweet baby girl!!



We couldn't find the key to the vistitation room today so we went into the kids "indoor play room" with the fun mats and the ball pit!






It's a fun room, very bright and cheery. However, this is where the TERRIFYING part comes in...I put Leeza down on the mat and she was SCARED TO DEATH! Bless her sweet lil heart! She clung to Mommy and calmed down quickly as long as I was holding her.
A couple things really hit home for me. First of all, that since she was so scared of this new room that she had never been in, how traumatic leaving the baby house is going to be for her. Secondly, how she immediately sought her mommy for comfort and I was able to calm her down. I knew that we were attaching (well, I know for sure that I am attached,and I thought Leeza was, hoping she was, anyway) but I was so glad that she was able to be comforted by me when she was scared. She was on my lap, and we got our her familiar bag of toys, and she eventually was comforable out of my lap.





Sean was having a blast running around and jumping thru the big circle and playing in the ball pit. I took Leeza over to the ball pit and put her down next to Sean, but she freaked out again. Poor Leeza! She was ok just watching him, as long as I had my arms around her. Sean thought it would be fun to bury himself in the balls, but that scared Leeza and she started to cry again. I don't know if the noise freaked her out, or if she thought they were hurting her brother.





Sean is really the best big brother (at times!). He made a spot in the ball pit for him and her to sit and she got in the ball pit and started having fun.


















We had a good time. We didn't even do our walk outside because Leeza and I were being the judges for Sean's olympic competition of diving thru the big circle. He was 3 teams,the US, Norway, and Kazakhstan. Kazakhstan won. He is very entertaining.
I am sad that he is leaving a week from today. I know that Leeza, and all the kids in her group will really miss him.
However, since the school work has arrived, the arguements between Mom and Sean have begun. I think he is getting anxious to see his friends, ride his skateboard, and get back to his routine, but I know that he is going to miss it here, as well. We were talking about it the other night and he said he can think of "several advantages and disadvantages" to staying longer. It will be weird without him here with me, but it also means the countdown to bringing Leeza home is getting closer!

Joe has his visa, and he leaves on Friday! We are soooooooooooo excited to see him!



Totally unrelated topic for those of you with kiddo's Leeza's age and older: Leeza doesn't have a car seat yet because I was waiting to find out who Baby Kaz would be..boy or girl, age, etc. I loved the Britax when Sean was ready to get out of his infant car seat. I am looking at the Britax marathon, and there are some REALLY cute girly ones out there. Any suggestions? Please email me or comment. :) I like the 5 point harness and that they go to 65 lbs,and the cute variety of patterns!

17 comments:

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, The picture of Leeza standing and playing looks like a commercial! That is so awesome that she is attached to you and seeks you out to keep her safe. You brought up a good point, the hotel, car, airplane and new home will be unsettling for her. It is good that she has already established that mom keeps her safe & comforted. I bet it is a really good thing you are staying the whole time to reinforce that for her. It should really help her through her transition and the changes of scenery until she is used to home in Fl. I love that Sean is such a good big bro. Entertaining her and making a place for her that she will be comfortable in the bouncy ball area. What a nice indoor playroom! Mac was like that, and still is, in new scenery. Clings on for a little while before feelign comfortable enough to explore on his own. I am glad the water is back on for you! That has to make things easier. Boy, you have seen a lot out there. You are being such a great mom to Leeza, she is a very lucky girl. Don't worry about the kisses, they will come. I know you know that the biggest thing is that you are her source of safety and comfort. :) Lucky girl! Love ya!

Tricia said...

That room looks really cool and fun. Little Leeza is very attached to her mama. What a wonderful feeling. Go Kazakh Sean ring diver.

marsrob said...

We chose a Maxi Cosi - over the Britax. But both are awesome choices.
Wow, time is moving along! That playroom looks INCREDIBLE. THere was nothing like that in Semey, that's for sure!

Anonymous said...

Wow that playroom looks awesome.

So cool that Joe is getting close to arrival back in the wonderful land of Kaz. But sad that you will be saying bye to Sean.

We are thinking great big positive thoughts that court goes smoooooooth!!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Sounds like a fun day once she got used to it. I'm glad Joe leaves tomorrow for Kaz -- I bet he is so excited to see Leeza, Sean and you!

Keep the posts coming and of course the pictures of Leeza.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That room looks fun! I am sorry that it freaked Leeza out, but I am glad she found comfort in your arms!

Jeannine said...

Yes, we used the five point harness for Madeline. They can be tricky, but you'll get the hang of it quickly. Now it is used as a booster seat.

Leeza looks so pretty in pink. Hope she gets well soon.

dnd82001 said...

Hi Susan,
Just got back home and great to be able to check out blogs and see photos too!! Leeza is precious! Nicholas was afraid of the ball pit to and wouldn't go in but yes that all changed and at this point he was head diving in - Momma was sick to her stomach but he loved it!!

Well we literally just got back a few hours ago and I wanted to drop a line and say hello!!

I'll be following along as you move along!

Darlene

BabyKazfan said...

Brookie had a new carseat for one day cause I got the wrong one! She weighs 22 pounds and still in her infant one, it takes up to 25 pounds. She often gets annoyed in the carseat and I wondered if it was cause she's facing the back. I bought a really neat one that takes 22-65 pounds but they face the rear until 35 pounds in it. It has a base that allows it to recline, that's why they need to face the rear until +35 pounds. So, that didn't work. I want her to face the front, she's always turning her head back to see me...It is nice to have it recline so when they sleep, their head isn't in their lap! But, the rear facing doesn't fly anymore. She's a big girl and big girls need big girl seats!! Big girls also need strawberry yogurt cheerios!! Gosh, she loves those! Please e-mail me the recipe for pumpkin muffins, I really need to bake some!! We all need some yummy warm pumpkin muffins...Hi Sean, we were at your Nanas today and she said you'll be home next week! We're real excited to see you!!

Catalina said...

Dear Susan,
I know it will be difficult and hard when Sean will leave, but on the positive way, its great you have the chance to stay with Leeza and continu the attachment. I was told babies dont get attached so fast and few weeks will not make a difference. When I came back for to pick the children, I think Yulia did not recognized me in the beginning. Its true, we very fast got to where we were beforeMaybe she was tired after her first airplane trip, but I was so sad that first moment.
So enjoy every single moment. Sean is a great brother you are so blessed with your children.
The play room brings me very sweet memories.
And the iodine aroudn the nose is so funny :). I wish I knew how to send good oms for you, instead just sending you positive thoughts
Catalina

BabyKazfan said...

hey sean good news you will come back just in time for a math test!!!!! :) start practicing ading demaicals ok so today Hannah and joel go 1 on one in football i was qbing for hannah and marc was qbing for joel so any way we start playing and hannah gets a touch down after joel and after kyle runs in to joel so he calls holding on kyle he denied it joel slapped kyle in the face tried to punch him in the balls then marc jt jacob and vince pilled on joel he broke through them and came after kyle agin but this time he was all talk. Jacob has been geeting really mad at me lately he srates yelling at me thretining me but only at lunch if i am a capitin then after lunch he wants to be my friend agin it is getting really annoying things just are not the same with out you sean see you later and may the bird be with you lol :)

Angela said...

So good that she looks to you for comfort! The new environment was a good test for your relationship.

How sweet that Sean helped her with the ball pit. And, just a couple more days to Joe!!!

I am a big fan of Britax. We had the Roundabout, but I think it only went up to 40 lbs or so. We loved it though. It was at the top of Consumer Reports. I just looked it up and the Roundabout is number 1 still.

I will try to cut & paste the table and send it to you.

BabyKazfan said...

Susan As usual Leeza looks stunning and so do you, must be because you are so happy. :) We are looking forward to seeing you, Sean, Joe and Leeza real soon. Sarah can't wait to be the second youngest in the family. She wants to show Leeza the ropes real soon. She can show Leeza how to stuff her face and eat everything in sight. lol We miss you! xo-Auntie Lala

Kim said...

So glad the water is back on. That room looks like so much fun! We had a small ball pit in Almaty and Joshua loved it. Glad to read Joe will be back soon.

Patrick & Eileen said...

My first thought was *Oh how sweet.* Leeza does turn to you for comfort and it must feel quite good.

I loved seeing Sean and Leeza in the ball pit but the balls pushed far back. She seemed very okay with that.

It will be interesting to see how she is once she gets in a car, leaves the babyhouse and stays with you....and gets on a plane! You will be a constant for her and providing a lot of attention.

I'm glad you have water and that Joe will soon be there!!!

As far as the car seat goes...we do love our Britax Boulevard. We love the girly fabric but of course that's not why we bought it!!

We just bought another car seat for our other car (I will blog about that)...it's a Sunshine Kids Radian65 (for a child up to 65 lbs) in a champagne color to match our car. They make another one for up to 80 lbs. While the Sunshine Kids car seat is quite safe and cool...it doesn't come in cool girly colors.

Keep having fun!
Eileen

Patrick & Eileen said...

I forgot that there is a girly version to the Sunshine Kids Radian80 car seat! Check out this link:

http://www.skjp.com/products/skjp_radian_80.php?show=Acc&#

Eileen

Jennifer said...

Oh that room looks like so much fun!

Congratulations Mom on being the one she turns to for comfort. That is truly awesome. What a blessing you all are to each other!

The pictures are great too! They look like you took her to a studio.

We have both the Britax Boulevard and Marathon. We chose them because they were the highest rated for safety, and we've loved both of them (cute girly colors and all). If I had to pick just one, I would probably pick the Marathon because it's a little wider. Gigi is not the most petite little girl that ever existed, and I wonder that as she grows, she may get wider than the Boulevard. I do like the headpiece on the Boulevard though for resting her head- it doesn't crank all the way down at a right angle. Bottom line though- you can't go wrong with the marathon!