Saturday, September 27, 2008

Princessa Leeza....



There was a new caregiver helping out today while Almagoul had a much deserved day off. I walked into the babies room and Leeza Grace is crawling ALL over the place. I see her and give her a big smile, she waves,and continues to crawl away, stopping occasionally to give me her "Model pose".

The new caregiver looked at me and said..Leeza Princessa....and DON'T I KNOW IT! There are some other adorable lil girls in her group, but Leeza is DEFINTELY THE PRINCESS! How fitting that she is my daughter. :)











We had a great day playing on Friday, and she continues to get stronger and more independent. It was time to clean up the toys to get ready for milk and cookies and I started putting the toys away, and Leeza sees me and starts "helping". Her favorite "Peek a Boo" book was a few feet away. I said, Leeza, go get your peek a boo book and put it in the bag. She looked at me and I said it again, and pointed to the book. Being the mensa genius that she is, she crawled over to it, and crawled back and put it in her bag. I was pretty impressed!

This is how princess' read their books...



However, as I started to gather up the camera, the speakers, etc, she started crying and having a cow and I had to hold her for her to stop. I had to sit her down because I couldn't carry it all and her too, which made her cry again. Her nose is snotty mess, and when she cries, it of course makes it worse. I have to wipe it, which she hates, which makes her cry harder, which produces more snot. It's a SNOTTY cycle I tell ya! I finally got her in the ergo, and got my stuff together, and downstairs we went. I am already envisioning what it will be like when Leeza moves in with Mom full time. It will surely be interesting and I am glad that I have amassed so much patience, as I am sure it will be tested again, and again, and again.

So sorry for no post yesterday, I went out after the baby house with Kelly and Doug, and Natasha. We went to lunch, then to the market, where I got a super fun jacket that says KAZAKSTAN on it with the flag,and got Joe a "tracksuit" that has Kazakhstan in Russian and the flag. I was happy with my purchases and the jacket is perfect for the weather we're having. We went to the store and got differnet kinds of beer and cheese and salami, and we all rated the differnet beers and hung at their apartment. We laughed and laughed, it was great. It was a lot of fun-they are such nice people. They walked me home at midnight where I promptly passed out, after checking email briefly and assuring my friend Jill that I was fine, and one day of not blogging does not a crisis make. :)

I am going to look for a walker today for Leeza, as Gena Lloyd told me it was a lifesaver for Berik when they brought him back to their apartment. We have all hard wood floors so she can go town, and it will be something that can "contain" her. I don't have anything here to do that, and the reality is starting to sink in. I am very excited, but also trying to prepare myself for this next new experience! Once again, I have to thank my blogger friends SO VERY MUCH for all the wonderful advice and helpful hints. The honesty of other adoptive parents is such an incredibly valueable resource, and I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends (the majority of whom I've never even met in "real life" but yet take the time to share their experiences to help the next person along. It's a wonderful wonderful gift that we all have each other! THANK YOU!

I have been very happy here, and I am having a wonderful time. It's been so nice getting to know the other families that are here, they are so cool and we all get along really well, which makes it nice. :)

I love my lil princessa more and more everyday! I wonder if she has ANY IDEA that less than a week I am TOTALLY going to ROCK HER WORLD.



4 comments:

Tricia said...

Susan,

The walker is a great idea! It will help you tremendously since you will be alone with her. It really helped us here when we started out and it kept R busy while we tried to get some things done around him. Can you get a pack and play there? That would be priceless, too, and she could sleep in it if you don't have a crib. Just a thought. Tricia

Sandi said...

Yeah so happy to read an update. She is the princess and you will Rock her world, or she is gonna rock yours :) Can't wait in less then a week she is yours all yours.. Yahoooo, I will have to celebrate on your behalf

Sandi

Tracy said...

It is so great that Leeza has all this time to learn that you will be there for her. Time to know your face and smell. To trust you. I can't imagine how hard it is to take them from their "home" as they know it. You may rock her world, but I trully think she knows you are her momma and she will find security in that.

Tracy

Jennifer said...

Good idea on the walker! When we first took custody of Gigi, she couldn't sit up on her own yet (she was only 7 mo) and I was so wishing for something to put her in so that she could be upright! That was one of the very first things we bought the moment we arrived home.