Thursday, September 25, 2008

Hangin with "the girls"



The girls had a great day today....Leeza, Tatiana, and Mom. :)
Leeza likes Tatiana and Tatiana said Leeza is "cunning, like a fox" because she sees how smart she is and how she "plays" her mommy. :)
Isool (the head teacher) told Tatiana that she expects Leeza will learn english very quickly because she understands EVERYTHING that people are saying around her. I told her, she is one smart cookie-because, of course, she is my daughter!

We did our our walk around the baby house and Leeza fell asleep again. :) We missed the kids going to the suana, but they go in two groups so Leeza and I can go tomorrow...oh yay! I know she'd hate to miss out on that kind of fun! I don't think it's that much hotter than wearing the snowsuit and hat when it's only 50 or so degrees outside. The weather has been wonderful...it's been sunny and about 50 or so degrees (or whatever 12 degrees celcius is). However, THE HEAT IS ON. My apartment, the restaurants, and the baby house are toasty. I am glad I am not cold, but I do NOT need those mountain goat slippers anymore. I miss being able to adjust my own temperature. There isn't a thermostat to adjust around here!

Oh, here is a picture of Leeza on the potty. Now that I've seen how expensive diapers are again, I may have to invest in one these plastic potties..she even was successful there on both ends today....(sorry, that is probably TMI, huh..)
Doesn't every parent have some embarrasing picture of their child on the potty? I have a GREAT one of Sean sitting on our potty reading a Cosmo...it's so funny.






We headed up the playroom to play today because it's so comfy up there and the blue walls and matts really make Leeza's eyes 'pop'. She is really comfortable up there now and just "owns the room" now. The scared crying girl clinging to mommy is GONE! I am sure she will make her entrance again, as we are set for "Gotcha day" a week from tomorrow! I have started buying some supplies to get ready...so far, just some pampers, wipes, and a couple different jars of baby food. I want to see what she'll eat. Since I am not a cook, I am trying to avoid having to cook much for her while we are here in Kaz. I am going to attempt to cook more at home though. I also think she will like scrambled eggs, yogurt, bananas, stuff like that, so we'll see! If anyone has suggestions of what their kid ate when you brought them back to your apt, I'm sure open for suggestions!

Today, Leeza's "new trick" (she sounds like a puppy, LOL) was putting her stacking cups away in the cow purse they came in. I was really impressed watching her do it. She seems to have really good coordination and dexterity. It appears to be much better than mine, I only recently figured out how to get all the nesting cups nestled in each other to put them away! She cracks me up on how she has "kinda" helped to "clean up" at the end of our visit.











I did bring a lot of toys with us here, and I am glad I did, because Leeza has really enjoyed playing with them. However, if you don't bring toys, all you need to have fun with a little one are simple things.

Perhaps...Mommy's running shoes (is it me, or do they look HUGE in comparison to Leeza?)








She also took advantage of Tatiana and I chatting to grab Tatiana's cell phone. It was great entertainment. I guess all girls love to chat, right?










It's getting harder and harder to leave her every day. But, I am trying to do new things that I haven't done before before I get her full time. Today, I tried a new salad and a new entree at Nick Nack's for lunch. My salad had BEETS-Aunt Jane-you'd be so proud. I got a pedicure today-and it was awesome. My toes look stunning. Tomorrow, I am meeting Doug, Kelly, and Natasha for lunch and we are going shopping and walking around. :)
I walked Tatiana home and didn't get lost ,and realized how close I am to where Kelly and Doug live and how close I am to the center of town where I plan to walk Leeza. I am also trying a new beer...some dark Karaganda beer. I think my sweetie will like it since he is a Guiness fan. What is the normal alcohol content of beer? This one says 6.5% and I am dizzy after only 1/4 of the bottle. Don't worry..I will only drink Valda biz Gaza and Coke light once I get custody of Leeza (or at least until Joe gets here...)



13 comments:

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, She is wearing that snowsuit and it is around fifty degrees out there? Are they crazy? She is going to love FLorida...and she is coming home at the best time of year. She will have all winter and spring to get used to it out here. About Leeza's food, our pediatrician has said no eggs, nuts or honey before the age of two? I don't know if they give the same advice there, maybe she is already eating eggs? If she is, i am sure it's fine. If she isn't you may want to be careful? Will you get her a little potty out there too? And by the way, I think Leeza was probably happy to miss sauna time. Maybe she was pretending to sleep throught it? :) OK, and not so much TMI, but I bet little miss Leeza wouldn't be so crazy about everyone seeing her on the potty. sheesh mom!!! So, are the goat slippers really made of goat? That is a little freaky. As great as it sounds, I don't think I can visit a country that eats horses and does goat slippers. I love horses & goats! Now if they were weimaraner slippers I mignt understand... ;) hee hee
The countdown is on! :) Glad you are having a good time out there. Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Love the lil' potty picture! :-) She IS a super smart girl. Seriously. I am just amazed at all the things she can do and how very far she's come in the past 2 months, and you don't even have full custody yet! Wow, wow! She's a little sponge! I can't wait to watch her grow over the next 2 months.

As for food, Gigi was only 7 mo when we took custody, so her diet was still mostly formula and some purreed things. When Gigi hit the one year mark though, some of her favorites that you can find in Kaz were any type of berries or melon, cheese bits, scrambled eggs (our ped said 12 months for that) with a little shredded cheese and some mild salsa on top, bread, whole grain rice cereal (baby cereal), chopped up carrots cooked until very soft, same with sweet potatoes (that was a huge hit!), cottage cheese, and yogurt. I tried to keep the protein thing going with the eggs, cheeses, and yogurt, and then as much fruit as she could eat, followed with some sort of carb (bread, cereal, etc.). All those are very easy, "no bake," finger food types of things.

I love that you're soaking up every drop of your time there. I can't honestly say that time errodes some of the memories which makes me sad. Enjoy it while you can; it will soon be gone!

Jill said...

The snow suit is too funny - brings back fond memories of my boys when we lived in Virginia -- you will appreciate Florida with a toddler as much as she will!! Man if she has the jist of potty training, I would work with that one -- A little more work for you but that is a great accomplishment so young!! So fun hearing the day in the life of Leeza & Susan. Can't wait to see you both soon!

Alysa said...

The potty picture is SOOOO cute!

I admire your gettin' out and doin' stuff so much while you are there! I think your team there is more amenable to doing that than mine is.

I'm trying to figure out the food thing too when I spring Brady. I want to slowly introduce new foods, so have to find out first what exactly that stuff is they are feeding him now!

Tricia said...

You think diapers are expensive, wait until you get her cell phone bill! LOL!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Can you believe you're getting ready for the big Gotcha Day?! We're so excited for you!

We got a menu and schedule from the caregivers and kept Roxana's routines and foods similar so that she wouldn't be bombarded with too many changes all at once. Here was a typical day for Roxana at DBH:
7:45 breakfast (omelet)
9:30 snack (fruit and juice)
10:00-11:30 nap
11:45 lunch (potatoes with beef)
1:00-2:30 fun with parents :)
2:45 snack (milk and cookie)
3:00-5:00 nap
5:45 supper (cottage cheese)
8:00 snack (kefir)
9:00 bed
We also gave Roxana some baby cereal (similar to the baby house porridge) and baby food from Gros. Also, we put her back on the bottle for both nourishment and bonding.

Post a new picture of your giant feet and Leeza's feet now that your toes are lookin' pretty.

Trudi said...

your baby Leeza is just prettier every day and I do not know how that's possible for such a stunning little girl! She is obviously very smart, too, and with Sean around she will learn so quickly. I figured out that Leeza and Sean are the same age difference as my husband and his "baby sister" -- and you could not have more closely bonded siblings. I envision the same relationship for your kiddos -- both of whom, btw, keep their mother (now 93) on a pedestal (and it is deserved). How fun.

Can't help with the foods much til you get home but I think Jenny Morgan was brilliant to try to match the baby house foods and regimen in the beginning. It sounds like you could easily get that from them.

Anonymous said...

You are just a rockstar, and my hero for staying in Kaz as long as you are. I just love reading your uplifting posts! Your hair sure is getting long ;-) Hope the pedi was great, I had a pedicure yesterday too!! We have matching fancy toes!!!
shannon

Angela said...

Love the potty picture - very cute . . . so cute, I don't even think it is blackmail material. Leeza can show her dates how advanced she was at such a young age :).

It is great that you are enjoying your time around town before you get custody of Lovely Leeza.

I think I am officially over jet lag - took a little less than week. I taught class on Tuesday and felt like I drank a whole bottle of vodka & swallowed a few sleeping pills before I went in there - OY! What a sight. I am going to thoroughly enjoy the few clearheaded days I have before we go back.

Sally said...

I'm so impressed with Leeza using the potty!!!! Way to go girl! I would keep that up especially if she is having success.
I think I remember that picture or at least hearing about the pic you took of Sean on your potty with the Cosmo magazine...very funny.
I'm so glad you are filling your time taking in all your surroundings. I'm sure that helps keep you busy and plus you are experiencing the place where Leeza was born. You will be able to tell her stories when she is older about your adventures and what you remember about her country. That's cool!!!
Love you girl and I sure hope I get to see you soon,
sal

Chris Sapp said...

Leeza is one beautiful baby! You all look very happy! It's carzy to say, "Leeza" rather than, "Baby Kaz!"

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so adorable. Now you either have very big feet or she is smaller than I thought. Because she looks small compared to your shoes. Big or small - she is absolutely adorable and I can't wait to meet her.

Hope all is well as you stay in Kaz by yourself. Thinking of you!

Kelly and Sne said...

I see that the anticipation is really building for gotcha day! We fed Miras oatmeal and bananas for breakfast - we just got the instant stuff in packets (you can get it there and it's great) and cut it with some baby oatmeal so it wasn't so sweet. For lunch and dinner I alternated between baby food (I would mix the veg stuff with some rice and/or cut up chicken to give it more substance so he could practice chewing) and cooked peas or beans/potatoes/carrotts/pasta. I would get packets of instant soup (knorr or something similar) and add more rice, chicken (we just got some rotisserie chicken rather than cooking our own), cooked carrotts. When we ate out we always ordered a side of mashed potatoes and then gave him some of our entree and some bread, sometimes supplementing with some veggie baby food. Miras always wanted to try what we were eating and as long as it wasn't spicy, we would oblige.

Have fun preparing for Leeza!