Friday, September 5, 2008

FIRST birthday on our FIFTH FRIDAY!


It was a FANTASTIC first birthday for Leeza Grace and I can't believe it also coincides with our FIFTH FRIDAY in Kostanai! I can't believe we've been here over a month, and feel so blessed and honored to have been here to celebrate Leeza's first birthday with her! She felt very special, I could tell!!! We had soooooooooooo much fun today!! I just love this lil girl so much I feel like my heart is gonna burst! I really did not want to leave. She was so happy today , and it was like she knew that it was HER SPECIAL DAY! She was up in the playpen when we arrived, and she was just a smiling, happy ONE YEAR OLD and was excited to see us! I got to dress her in one of her new outfits...I chose the cute pink one with the dog that I got at the market. She looked SMASHING in it! She ate ALL her lunch, first and second courses, because ONE YEAR OLD GIRLS need their energy! Today's soup was beets!! My Aunt Jane will be impressed that Leeza gobbled up all her beets-much more than her mom would be able to eat! I hope she doesn't freak out later when her "pecet" is bright pink/red! Off we went to the vistitation where Leeza was presented with her birthday presents. I decided I should get her more than the $50 for the 135 diapers that I got her. :) She really liked the stacking rings, the peek a boo book, and the Gros plastic bag it was 'wrapped' in. She was not that interested in the "star" book that I got her, but maybe later. She also started making a new sound-it's really funny. It's her..Hey, I'm a one year old princess and I cannot wait to get to Florida and NOT WEAR SOCKS SOUND!
She was SERIOUSLY so ADORABLE TODAY! I just wanted to hug her and kiss her, but she was REALLY too busy for me to do that. I kept thinking of when I would do that to our dog growing up, Duchess. My mom would always tell me "not to maul the dog". I just loved Duchess soooooo much I wanted to hug and kiss her all the time! I love Leeza soooooooo much too, EVEN MORE THAN I LOVED DUCHESS (and believe me, I really loved Duchess A LOT!!) At least she likes to snuggle and read books with me. I am SO grateful for that, because I LOVE reading books and she has a huge children's library waiting for her. I would be sad if she didnt' like books. I also think she is going to love gymnatics. She loves to be upside down! She TRIES to fall off the couch backwards so she can be upside down. I am going to have to keep a keen eye on her! Today, she had fun doing somersaults off the couch. IT'S SO FUN TO BE ONE!!! We had so much fun playing today. She was lovin her new stacking rings and having fun doing somersaults off the couch, and just having fun BEING ONE! She can now pull her ownself up to the couch (she couldn't before without some assistance)AND she can even squat and pick up her toy that she drops without falling. GO LEEZA! I think she is pretty coordinated. However, she still needs to master crawling up on her knees. She has started getting up on her knees, but she gets back down and crawls using her arms. I understand that learning to crawl on your knees is very important for coordination and learning to read, etc. She is doing tons better on walking though (holding our hands).
I REALLY did not want to let her go today! She was so precious and happy and she just knew it was HER DAY! She was so sweet though, after her cake (which she did like) and her cookies and milk, I changed her clothes and put her down for a nap. She was really sleepy, it was a busy day! One of her lil friends hadn't been fed yet, so I was holding her, and the caregivers let me feed her too! I fed her, and then brought her into the kids "bedroom" and Leeza saw me. She started bouncing up and down like YAY! MY MOMMY IS BACK!! I felt mean...I just rubbed her back and kissed her again and we left. I miss my Leeza already!!! Here is what she looked like after she ate her cake....she has a "rootbeer" belly like her brother (and her mother!!) It was really the best birthday party ever. Leeza liked her cake, and so did her buddies. They were all clamoring in the playpen, and the caregivers and Sean were breaking off bites of cake for them too. It was really cute! I feel SO incredibly blessed to be able to love this child and be with her to celebrate her first birthday. God has truly answered our prayers when he united us with Leeza Grace. Even when I got sad today when I had to leave her, I know that in a couple months, God willing, she will be home with me in Florida and I can hug and kiss her as much as I want...until Joe tells me "not to maul the one year old" HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET LEEZA GRACE! You are sooooooooooooo incredibly LOVED! You are TRULY an answer to a trillion prayers!!

30 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Susan:

Happy Birthday to Leeza!!!! Yah - 1 year old!

Nothing posted on your blog though, Can't wait te see the torte.

Love - VA

Angela said...

Susan . . . where are you? Filling up buckets I presume.

Hope you had a blast today! ONE - how awesome is that? This is going to be an awesome year for Leeza Lou.

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Leeza!

It was AWESOME to be able to spend Josh's first birthday with him in Kaz! I hope you all had a fantastic day. Can't wait to read all about it!

Kim

marsrob said...

HAPPY BDAY LEEZA!!! What a WONDERFUL post! So glad the bday celebration was great! And those photos of you and Leeza together are AMAZING> Your joy is just shining through! Isn't it wonderful??!?!?!?!!!

KazAdventurers said...

Hi! I wanted to say Happy Birthday to Leeza from one birthday girl to another. So glad you were able to celebrate this special day together!

Lisa

Sandi said...

Happy Birthday Leeza. Wow 1 years old now, how exciting. This is going to be a fabulous year. I hope you enjoyed your cake, it sure looked yummy.

I love your new outfit, it is very cute.

Sandi

Tricia said...

Happy 1st Birthday Leeza! Rustam is blowing you a kiss for your birthday. What a fun birthday party! The cake looks yummy. Leeza looks like she had fun in her party outfit. How very special that you are there with her, although I can't believe that it has been 5 Fridays already. Wow! Time feels like it is flying now. Can't wait to see her without her socks in Florida. Rustam is anti socks and anti hats now. It is so funny. Love, Tricia

Stacy said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Leeza
Happy Birthday to You!!!!!!!!

Wow one years old. You are abig girl now!!

Glad you got to spend Leeza's Special day with her. You can see the happiness in your face!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy day! Happy Day! Oh virgos are awesome (I'm a virgo)! Happy day! Happy Day!

Susan you are just Too cool! Love your posts. you are so full of positive spunk!

Jeannine said...

Pretty in pink and a yummy cake. Sounds like you had a fantastic day. It warms my heart to know you were there to celebrate Leeza's first birthday. I love the picture of her reading the book. The cake belly one is funny too. Happy Birthday to a very special girl!

Matthew Ruley said...

...and that cake looks AWESOME!

Thad and Ann said...

Hppy Birthday Leeza!! I'm so glad you got to spend it with her. Her cake looks YUMMY!

I have been lurking lately but I have enjoyed your posts SO much. It sounds like you & Sean are having a great time, wow..I cannot believe you have been there 5 weeks already!!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Happy Birthday, Leeza!!

What a huge blessing to be there for her b-day! The pics and video are all so fantastic -- she looks so adorable in her new outfit! I love the video of her opening her present, with a little help from Sean. My heart just melts knowing that he is there with you, getting to know his little sister. You are right -- an answer to a trillion prayers (and we keep sending many your way!).

BTW, on the diaper front, back at home, it's all about sales and coupons! There are diaper coupons everywhere ... I never buy diapers unless they are less than 30 cents each (an easy price to remember, and in some stores, they even post the "unit price") -- so you are right, yours ended up being 37 cents each, and that is expensive. They change Max's diaper every two hours in day care (ummm, that's slightly more agressive than we are at home), so we go though even MORE diapers now! :-) I don't mind my little guy still being a "baby" in that regard, though. As long as he's not wearing diapers to kindergarten. HA!

Keep those posts coming. We are also in love with Leeza Grace!

Oh, and tell Sean that the NFL is really going to let Chad Johnson have "Ocho Cinco" as his name on the back of his jersey. Seriously, could the Bengals get any stranger?! Is Sean sure he wouldn't prefer the Colts?! :-)

Hugs to all!!!

Monica said...

Happy, happy day! So glad you're there to celebrate with her!

MM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEEZA!!! How COOL is it that you got to spend Leeza's 1st birthday with her. That is soooo awesome! Sorry to have been delinquent in my notes. Auntie Maria has been tied up with crazy family stuff and work. Was at TD and everyone says Hi! Nancy Rittenhouse, James McKenna, Patti, Lisa Wictor, Will, and so many more to name. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Big One! We cannot wait to have you guys all home! Love you

Trudi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEEZA GRACE! My goodness, she KNOWS it is her day. How cute is that? I loved every picture and video and adored seeing pride shine on that beautiful baby's face. What a gift the Serra family is to her - that is the BIGGEST gift of all and she sure does know it!

Aaron and Julie said...

Happy Birthday Leeza!!!!!! One!!! And with your mommy & big brother!!! Happy Day!!!

Bill & Khadine said...

Happy b-day to Leeza! So glad you got to be there to share that special day with her.

Khadine

PS. I had heard a rumor about the big news you posted in my blog while I was over there. Kinda hard to believe though, huh? Wonder what it's going to be like afterwards...

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Happy birthday, Leeza! I'm so glad they let you have some cake and that you enjoyed it! I'm so glad you got to celebrate with your mommy and brother!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Happy Birthday Leeza!!!! Being one seems to agree with you! Looks like you had a wonderful day, and how special that your Mommy and brother were able to be there to celebrate with you. You all look amazing- your joy and happiness is more than apparent.
We hope we get to meet you in November, Leeza!!!
XOXO

Tracy said...

Happy Birthday miss Leeza. You look so cute and happy with your cake and wonderful family.

Have a very blessed year Leeza....You are so loved.

Tracy

Karen said...

Oh my gosh—I could feel all the love from all the way over here. Happy Birthday Leeza Grace—you are a rock star baby in the Kazakh adoption world. My, my, my you have one crazy mama don't you? Hugging and kissing you all up. Can't wait to see what she does for your second birthday.

Very happy for you guys—enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!

Julian and Sara said...

Happy Birthday, Leeza!

You are so lucky to be there to celebrate with her. We missed Zoe's first birthday by less than 3weeks.

Kelly and Sne said...

Happy Birthday to Leeza! You're right - she did look extra cute today! And a fellow Virgo (mine is 9/9) - look out we're stubborn perfectionists!

It's great that you were able to celebrate with the orphanage staff and the other children too.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leeza!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder how you manage to just get cuter every day?
Shannon

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

What a special time to get to celebrate with her! Happy Birthday Leeza! Berik would be diving into that cake for sure. She is adorable and does look smashing in her new outfit, one of a million I presume! Gena,Jaimie and Berik

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Leeza!! What a great way to celebrate your first birthday!

Maryann said...

THIS IS THE DAY....
THIS IS THE DAY....
THIS IS THE DAY,
THAT THE LORD HAS MADE!!!!!
Psalm 118:24

Today is the day that the heavens rejoiced AND the Angels danced...
as Leeza Grace came into the world to soon become a SERRA!!!!

Delay was NOT denial.........

The above scripture is a favorite verse of mine.......one that I awake EVERY birthday person in our house to (and EVEN across the miles) in SONG!!! Although my voice leaves a lot to be desired (ahem), it has become a TREASURED tradition!!!

I feel SO VERY BLESSED to share in your SPECIAL day, THANK YOU!!

LET US REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!!

Aunt Mam

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Leeza Grace!!

She looks darling in her pink outfit. I love that picture with her sassy pout! Too much! I can see she has quite the personality. And her hair is getting so much longer in the back!

That cake looked DELICIOUS!! Oh my gosh. You're making me want to run to the bakery.

I absolutely love that you had a party for her, and were able to include all the other kids. That just warms my heart.

Leeza Grace is an amazing little girl with an amazing, generous, giving, engaged, enthusiastic mother who makes the world a more wonderful place. I can't help but think on days like these, how blessed all of us are for knowing you and your family.

Happy birthday Leeza- the first of many!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CUTE LITTLE GIRL!! She looked so happy and excited!1 So many more wonderful birthdays to come in the USA! XOXO, Nicole