Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Amazing Grace (well, Leeza Grace, that is...)




I am SO happy today!!! Leeza Grace was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING today.

Leeza in the car: No problem
Leeza getting her passport picture: No problem
Leeza's first time in a restaurant: No problem!!!

I am so proud of my brave lil princess!
Today was the day we went for passport pictures.
After a big ole lunch (she ate 2 courses), and they gave me a "new outfit" for her pictures, off we went to the photo shop to get her pictures taken.

She was just looking all around in the car, like she thought it was cool.

We got to the passport place, and I had her on my lap and sat in the chair, but nope, she needed the white background, not Mommy background (duh!). So, I had to sit her in the chair by herself and that kinda freaked her out. She cried for a minute, but we brought the stacking cups, and she was distracted and they got the picture. :)
She looks a lil scared in the picture, but I thought she looked beautiful!

They said it would be 30 minutes before the pictures were ready (Not like the 5 minutes it takes at Walgreens) SO WENT OUT TO LUNCH!
Leeza went to the Russian bar and she was an absolute delight!





I was giving her lil pieces of bread, and she grabbed the entire piece out of my hand and ate the whole thing. She drank half my vanilla milkshake too. She was really good and she was DIGGIN feeding herself. It was really cute! I was so proud of her!

It was SO MUCH FUN having her out and about-It just makes me THAT MUCH MORE EXCITED to spring her! She was really so cute and just one cool cucumber. She also ate a couple bites of my greek salad and a few drinks of my water.

Her mother is NOT SO AMAZING

Ivan picked me up from the baby house and took me to the photo shop to get the pictures printed for the caregivers. He got a call and had to be back at work, so I walked home, after shopping for awhile in the mall. I was so 'HIGH' after having so much fun with Leeza, I was on cloud nine. Ivan said to me "Susan, you are always so happy and very enthusiastic". I WAS CERTAINLY THAT!

However, after being up until about 1 am in the morning and waking up at 7 to talk to Sean, and having that "superbly happy feeling", i started to feel tired. I walked home, only to find that my key was not in my purse. I guess it fell out somewhere......ugh. Tatiana was teaching, Ivan was busy at work, SO, I walked around the market for awhile, then walked to Central Park and sat on a bench and people watched. It was really nice and we had another GORGEOUS day outside. I even wore my "fit flops" today and was very comfortable in jeans and a short sleeve shirt.
I loved seeing all the lil kids chase after the pigeons. I will be taking Leeza there too, I think!

Tatiana called me when she got out of class, and invited me to her home because she had a private lesson (teaching english) and her mom treated me to dinner. Her mom is really sweet. I had some potatoe pergoies and tea. :) Ivan came over after work and took me to the landlord's office to get an extra key made. I felt like such a STUPID AMERICAN! UGH!

So, I am home, safe and sound, happy, yet somewhat exhausted.

Tatiana was saying something about the judge's secretary being out with her daughter who has pneomonia, so I hope that this news does not affect Gotcha Day because we need the judge to stamp the final court order (or something.) Tatiana goes tomorrow to get that for us, and she says she will INSIST we just get the court order stamped so I can get Leeza on Friday.
I will update tomorrow with that news. I will be surely disappointed if that affects us, but I will roll with the punches because that's just HOW I ROLL!

I am so proud of Leeza. She is gonna have a blast outside the baby home...cuz that's how she rolls too!!

13 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'm glad Leeza did well in the car, at the passport place, and at lunch! I'm glad she looks pretty in her picture, too; Tatiana's mom won't look at it and say she looks like an alien. (Roxana didn't cry in the car or for the picture, so I don't know why she looked so weird, but she does look like an alien!)

Sorry you lost your key! I know that was a pain, but at least it was a nice day outside. As a bonus, you got to spend some extra time with Tatiana.

I hope the judge's secretary's absence doesn't affect your Gotcha Day!!

marsrob said...

Ok, you have THE BEST ATTITUDE OF ANYONE EVER!!! Sounds like you wiped yourself out with all that walking - but that somehow you managed to have FUN! And you are so flexible and accepting of every twist and turn. I wish I was more like you.

Sandi said...

That is great that Leeza did well in the car, lets hope she loves the car seat.

Well you have only had one stupid American hiccup on this long journey, so don't fret. I think it is great you got to go over to Tatiana's moms and hang out with a true Kaz family. I remember going to Eugenes and they were truly wonderful people.

I am sure that Tatiana will make sure you get Leeza Grace out on your special day.

Talk to you soon,
Sandi

Aaron and Julie said...

Very cool in being able to take Leeza out to eat! Things are falling into place. I'm sorry to hear about your key, but everyone has to have one unexpected issue to deal with :) Your attitude is so amazing - the finish line is getting closer!!! Just a day away until Leeza is in your loving care!!

Trudi said...

You know what, Leeza is going to be just fine from the get-go. I think it is all the time you have spent with her that will make the transition easier than it is if parents have had to make several trips.

Leeza in the restaurant sounded just exactly like anybaby USA. How great a preview is THAT?

Now we just need that STAMP!

As for keys - your story made me shudder. I just went through that at Costco where I dropped my keys which was a NIGHTMARE and no one was nearly as helpful as they were in Kaz! Thank goodness someone turned them in or I would still be there.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I'm so glad Leeza did well - what a releif and so much less stressful for you. Sorry to hear about the key - that is something that would happen to me.

I'm thinking of you as you get close to the end...

BabyKazfan said...

Wow suz-

That is amazing she is so well adusted- seriously. That is great-

Sorry about your key man-

Love,

Stacey

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow- lil Leeza has princess manners! I'm impressed! Hope that continues when you get her! I'm sure she will.

And Jen and Marshall are right - you have a great attitude. I'd be all upset about the key thing, but sounds like you rolled with the punches. You go girl!

Kelly and Sne said...

That's great that Leeza did so well. Isn't it fun (???) to feed a child on your lap? At least she is wanting to feed herself.

Sounds like the hiccup in your day wasn't so bad after all. I hope the judge doesn't hiccup your gotcha day. Amazing how everything tends to depend on the mood/health/appointments/etc. of one specific person!

Jennifer said...

Oh, that last picture is so sweet. She looks like a little pixie fairy.

How can she not be one cool cucumber when she has a mother who is so relaxed and at ease with life? It's perfect. You guys are perfect!

I'm glad you had a great day even with losing the key. I have to say, you have all the unique stories. I don't know of any other people who have lost the key to their apartment, shrugged their shoulders, and went on to enjoy a beautiful day in Kazakhstan. Most people freak out. :-) You are so refreshing!

Leeza's first meal ever in a restaurant! What a cool milestone! I'm glad you all had a great day. Makes me smile.

Kim said...

What a wonderful day you had. How special that you were able to have lunch with Leeza. Your adoption experience in country is SOOOOO different than mine, yours sounds fun! :)

Kim

Our Family of Bloggers said...

So glad to be back home and able to check in on your updates. You are getting so close. I just read your last few posts, and I hope that homesickness is passing in anticipation of your gotcha day. You will be home soon, and in the not too distant future, this whole Kaz experience will seem like it was a world away. Yes- it is so complex. BUt I am glad you got some snow! And that Leeza loved her taste of life on the outside. So happy to be back in the loop!
Take care
XOXO

Regina said...

What a good girl she is! But who on earth could ever be in a bad mood with you around??? If you were a superhero your name would be Positivia!

Glad to see you're getting close to Gotcha Day. One big step closer to getting Leeza into that Florida beach sand! I know what you mean about the homesickness you wrote about earlier. You're so busy and in the moment that when you do stop to think about home, it all comes rushing in.

Wishing you well and no more lost keys!

By the way, you look like a super-hot badass in that leather jacket and sunglasses from the previous post!