Wednesday, September 3, 2008

HEALING HUMP DAY!!!

It's HEALING HUMP DAY (Wednesday) because I AM HEALED! Hurray for the Cipro, pepcid, pepto combo! I was starving at lunch time today and ate a yummy salad, chicken and mashed potatoes, and coffee and some kind of tasty lemon cake. So, I guess we can FORGET about the bonus of weight loss from my stomach issues. HA! I am sitting here in my NEW slipper/socks made of MOUNTAIN GOAT fur that I bought at the market today. They are fuzzy and they feel like an angora cat. I also got Leeza a pair! Her's are really cute and will keep her cute lil feet warm. You can't get THESE at Target!!! They are so soft and so warm. I have to wash them in cold water with shampoo. I was glad I had Tatiana there to translate that, but I do know cold and I do know shampoo (cuz shampoo is the same word) so maybe I would have figured it out. Good thing it's COLD WATER cuz we still don't have hot water. I am so glad we have the boiler because we have hot showers, but no hot water in the kitchen yet. God bless the boiler! I also found Leeza 3 pairs of tights at the market....they are so cute! Only 300 tenge each, that is not a bad deal! I don't see her wearing tights that much at home (maybe when it's cooler out, with a jumper though) but DEFINTELY when she's here in October. My girl needs cute tights!! Sean got a sketchbook, he didn't want any goat fur socks or tights. It is warmer today, but I also wore long pants and the only sweater I brought and I wore slippers at the baby house instead of my bare feet. I was much more comfy today. Sean is still in shorts and his short sleeve shirt, since he is not wimpy like his mommy. :) Tatiana brought me a leather jacket to wear until Joe gets here with mine. She is such a sweetie pie...someone that is a real "chickpea" (a name for a real girlfriend). She is defintely someone that I would love to hang out with and would cherish her friendship. She only had to teach 2 classes today, so she picked us up with Ivan this morning, and then met us for lunch and went to the market with us this afternoon. Leeza was absolutely ADORABLE today! She is changing so much-it's really cool to witness. She was on the potty when we arrived, and got so excited she almost rocked off her potty. I got to dress her and feed her lunch, and off to the vistitation rooom we went. I would have taken her for a walk outside today because it was sunny and not as windy, but they asked us not too. She had a bath this morning so they didn't want her outside (?) She was Leeza, girl of action today. She is really studying us and is into imiating what we do. She does a really cute "peek a boo" too!
It is becoming harder to get good pictures of her because she is moving all over the place. I put her cute lil chepchick on her because we open the window in visitation room (shhh don't tell!) cuz if not, it's very stuffy in there and it smells. However, the breeze is cool so I want her ears covered. She hasn't had a runny nose in a couple weeks and I want it to stay that way. Plus, she looked so adorable in her pink chepchick with her matching pink sweats. Or, she will FINALLY look at the camera,but she seems to be thinking..."ok, FINE, I will look, but I'm not SMILING on command" She is really working on "figuring things out" and it's really amazing to watch her stack the stacking cups and throw the ball with us, etc because I can almost see the "gears" turning in her lil brain.
We had fun rolling the ball to her, and having her try to figure out how to roll it back. I just adore thsi age....so much fun to watch them learn! She enjoyed Sean's puzzle book today, as you can see, it says from ages 9 to 99, but she thought that meant from 9 MONTHS,and she is almost 12 months, don't you know. Plus, her new tooth has popped thru! I knew she was teething because EVERYTHING has been going in her mouth. She now has 7 teeth! Her new one makes 3 on the bottom! I was also noticing today that she never spits up, and never drools. I wonder if she is just over the spit up stage since she is a year old on Friday? I thought all babies drooled though(especially when they are cutting teeth) but maybe between 11:30 and 2:30 is her "drool free zone" and she tries not to drool or anything gross during this time. We have had a couple poopy diapers though, but nothing else gross worthy. There is another couple here, but we haven't seen them yet. In fact, I think there are 2 couples here, and Kelly and Doug from Maine arrive tonight. Tatiana saw the newest couple in the visitation room but they were gone by the time Leeza was done with lunch. I think they try to keep us all seperated...we're all with different agencies. So, I would love to meet these other people, but I haven't seen them yet! I know I will meet Kelly and Doug though because we follow each other's blog's and our on each other's skype's, and they brought me zone bars and coffee! It was a really wonderful day! I'm HEALED, I got soft slipper socks made of mountain goat, and Leeza plays peekaboo AND claps,got a new tooth and I never saw drool........life does not GET much better than this! Although, of course, we wish Daddy was here and we are so excited to introduce Leeza to our family and friends! She is going to be a very popular girl!! And, just so you can see that she does get "crabby", i posted a video of crabby Leeza below....

17 comments:

marsrob said...

YAY! Thank GOODNESS your tummy doesn't hurt anymore! That is GREAT news! And those slippers sound AWESOME. Cannot wait to see photos!!!

Tracy said...

I am glad your tummy is better. Sounds like Leeza really is coming out ouf her shell. I am excited for you and your new socks!!! Keep those feet warm.

Tracy

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! I will check back later for pictures and video.

Karen said...

You've been healed—you even sound better. Sounds like another wonderful day in Serraville. Isn't it fun when new people arrive? Especially when they're bringing you goodies from home. I remember meeting people in waves. It's like reading mini chapters—oh that one was the Gretchen & Greg chapter, next was the Sue & John chapter, then Misha and Asam, etc., etc.

Joby and Marla said...

Glad you are feeling better!!! I think hanging out with the other adoptive parents would be fun. Of course hanging out with Sean sounds like a blast! Never a dull moment. He is really a cool kid!!! I love how compassionate he is towards all the children in Kaz.

Leeza is so cute!!!!

How cool is the weather now & how cold is it going to get before you leave?

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Yay for Cipro! Another parent cured! :-) You sound super happy in your post, and we can't wait to see the new pics and video. Max says, "Peek Boo" for peek-a-boo. He is picking up new English words every day, although sometimes only his Mama can understand what he is saying! LOL. Reading about your socks makes me want to curl up in a blanket, they sound so cozy! Alas, it is still summer here -- hot (mid-90s), hazy, and super humid. Doesn't quite feel like football weather yet!

I can't get over how much time you spend with your coordinator/translator -- that is so completely different than our experience. That's what is so amazing about these journeys -- many similarities, yet many, many differences, too.

What are the big b-day plans?? :-)

Jeannine said...

Glad you are feeling better. Looking forward to more pictures of your precious family.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Those slipper socks are so cute. You definitely can't get either of those (yours or Leeza's) at Target! Glad your tummy is feeling better.
And I LOVE the pink bonnet on Leeza. It is a good thing she looks so cute in pink, cause I think she has a pink closet at home!

BabyKazfan said...

Oh I'm a pretty little dutch girl, as pretty as can be be be!! Seeing that cute pink lacy bonnet reminds me of that cute song...As kids on the playground, we would do claps to it! Oh I'm a pretty little Kaz girl, as pretty as can be be be!! I think Joey would look great in those socks...Hey, what an awesome grab bag item!! Goat fur socks for all!!! I love the booties and leggings. I bought Brooke a pair of shoes yesterday, she cried and got very upset with me when I attempted to put them on...attempted is a good adjective because we all have realized in this house that the 11 month old is definitely in charge!! (even though the 9 and 11 year old think they are) Johnny and Gina came home with open house info at school yesterday, they naturally both have it on the same night...It's funny how when the schools and soccer teams are different, time becomes so precious! Well, when Gina is in 11th grade, Brooke will begin kindergarten! I'll be carpooling with my first born!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Roxana loves seeing pictures of "baby!" (aka Leeza). She and I just watched the videos you posted. Roxana played peek-a-boo with Leeza on the first video and left to go get her ball after seeing Leeza's in the last video. We need to get these two Kostanai kids together when you get home!

Trudi said...

LOVE the pictures and videos! The grumpy Leeza video is so cute because it's so clear she was frustrated because she wanted a different toy! And peek-a-boo - she's got it! I loved how intently she was absorbing. What a fun stage. She is so bright and really thriving.

SO glad the Cipro worked so quickly! And what a shopper you are! Cute finds!

Unknown said...

Hi! Sorry its been so long. Sometimes school gets in the way of my fun. :-) I'm so glad to read that you are feeling better and eating well. You know, you say you are eating badly but all the stuff you're eating is GOOD for you...salad...chicken...lemon cake (hey, lemon's a fruit, right?). I love watching Leeza's videos. She sure does have a lot of personality for baby. She fits in really well with the Serra kids. You're house is going to be so much fun!!! :-)

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I love the tights!!! They are going to look so cute on her.

kitzkazventure said...

That pink hat is just the cutest! Nick and I are going to go visit Cinci Karen and Max tomorrow! So excited. I am sure sweet Leeza will come up in our conversation! We were supposed to go last week but colds got in the way. We are going to go to an international store so that I can shop for Kazakh type ramen noodles (that is all we ate in Zhez)....hilarious, huh!

Love your socks too! ky karen

Angela said...

Well, she doesn't sound too terribly fussy!It was cute how she was crawling with the ball after you said "Throw it to Sean." Was she crawling to him?

Glad you are feeling better! Sounds like your appetite is back. Those socks look warm & comfy. Very cute!

Tricia said...

Peek a boo was really cute and Sean is so funny saying how did I get stuck with this job. He cracks me up!

Jennifer said...

So glad you are feeling better!

I love the socks. I remember the very first day we met Gigi, they brought her to us in this very pretty little outfit. After we agreed that we wanted to bond with her, they took her back to her room to change her into the normal BH clothes (the everyday ones rather than the "meet your parents" ones). They brought her back in this bright yellow onesie with gray angora-like socks (or maybe they were- I have no clue!). The funny thing is she was fascinated by them and kept touching them with her wet fingers. By the end of the hour visit, she was covered in gray fuzz and even had some in her mouth!

Leeza is quite the mover and shaker. On that first day, she was definitely a BH baby. Now she's YOUR baby. It is so incredibly obvious!