Saturday, September 20, 2008

Super Saturday (but no pics.sorry!!!)

Joe and Sean are HOME!!! They arrived in Tampa last night and the first thing Sean said was "Wow, it's humid here!!!"

They both had a good nights sleep and are having a busy Saturday today, getting haircuts, and seeing if Sean's school uniform still fits for school on Monday!

Joe said staying the night in Frankfurt made a huge difference in how they both felt. They are both on the right sleeping schedule and Joe said he felt a million times better than he did last time. We are going to spend the night in Frankfurt on the way home with Leeza as well.

Sorry I have no pics, I got some cute ones today I think, but I left the camera in Tatiana's car with my bags. Leeza was in a very happy mood today. It was weird though, when I sat her down to feed her lunch, she started crying and fussing, and crying really hard, with real tears and everything. I put her on my lap, and she ate a few bites, and I gave her a drink, and she started again. I got up, walked around,and we tried again and she finished her soup. Then, she spazzed out again and we got up, and sat down and she ate her rice and meat,no problem. I am not sure if she had gas or a stummy ache or what...poor baby! However, it was kinda cool because if that had happened before, I would have looked to the caregivers for guidance. Not anymore...I did my own thing and didnt' look for them to tell me what to do at all. GO ME! LOL I bundled her back up in the snowsuit and her hat and we went for another walk. She did not spaz out as much this time either. LOL We walked for an HOUR around the baby house. I even ran a little bit and she liked that. I am defintely going to regiser for a nice baby jogger. She likes to run I think! She fell asleep and took a power nap and when we got back in the baby house, I was all sweaty from having the bundled up baby girl on me in the ergo. :)

She was in a great mood playing today. She was so very happy and busy busy busy. We were joined by Natasha and her lil boy, but he wasn't in a happy mood. Natasha kept apologizing and telling her son to act nice like Leeza. LOL Her lil boy is adorable even when he's crabby though!! Once again, our time was over so quickly and it was time to go.

Ivan picked me up and we went to the coffee shop. I met a girl there named Natasha, who is from Kostanai, but was in Orlando for 1 year and a half. She worked at Golden Corral. She was really pretty and funny. She asked how I liked Kostanai and I told her how much I loved it. She asked WHY?? She said living in the US is so much easier and you can get everything at WAL MART! It was funny.

I wanted to swing by the Kazakh souvenir store to see if they had anything new, but they didn't. However, there is a REALLY cute children's store in the same building. It's where I bought Leeza the cute purple jumper and the lil outfit with the headband. WELL...I bought more stuff. I couldn't help it! She needed some jammies with feets and some warm shoes cuz it's getting cold here. I ended up getting her some adorable lil pink shoes with fur, 3 bibs, 2 long sleeve t-shirts and one short sleeved t-shirt, a sweater dress with matching sweater (so adorable!!), 2 soft jammies with feets (and one of them will work as her exit snow suit as long as she has on 2 other layers!! yay!!), plus 3 other outfits (pants and shirt) for only $16,000 tenge! That is a lot of stuff for $133! I had heard that the kids clothes in Kaz were ugly and expensive, but that is not the case here in Kostanai. Sure, I have been in one very expensive store in the Central Mall, but this place is wonderful. The clothes are soft and cute and not badly priced at all. :)

I am getting excited about busting her out! Today was day 13 of the waiting period.:)
Tatiana told me today she will come over and help me cook for Leeza. She is such a doll!!!

I am going to the "Beerhouse" tonight with her and Ivan. They are picking me up in 30 minutes!!!

I do miss Joe and Sean, of course, but I am enjoying some "Susan" time and I am excited to go to this Beerhouse!!!

Maybe tomorrow I will post pictures of all Leeza's cute new clothes.

I will post an old picture so you can get your Leeza Grace "fix" for today. :)

11 comments:

KazAdventurers said...

We've not had power for 5 days due to Hurricane Ike winds (even though we live in Louisville, KY!), and now that it's back, I'm catching up on blogs.

It's great to hear that you're getting SO CLOSE! Congrats on court and nearing the end of the waiting period. Soon you'll be home. I think it's great that you have enjoyed and made the most of all your time in Kaz, though!

Leeza is just precious!

Lisa
kazadventure.wordpress

Susan said...

Well, we are back in the humidity and it didn't take Sean long to get reacquainted with his skateboards. By 9AM he was out with his pals skateboarding the streets in the neighborhood. WE had a great trip and yes, the overnight stay in Frankfurt made a big difference. Sean wanted to be the first to comment today, but the skateboard won..... We read the last two days blog to see what we missed and he started asking me if I remember the first time he clapped, waved, walked holding one hand or anything about when he was a 1yr old. It was pretty funny... I made up as many answers as I could, but he was on to me pretty quick. We have a pretty full shedjual (British)today, so off we go.... Miss you Mom...

Alysa said...

Glad the boys are home safe and sound. I thought about spending the night in Frankfurt on the way home, but I was told not having a US passport for the little one makes it very difficult to leave the airport, or maybe it was to get back in. If you've been told you can do it, let me know how please!

Sounds like you are having fun stocking up for Leeza even without a Walmart!

Jennifer said...

So glad the guys arrived back home safely.

The beerhouse! Now that sounds like my kinda place! ;-)

That's cool you were able to find some nice clothes. I can't wait to see them. I found a few nice places in Petro too for clothes. I wonder if it's just the ability to get out and about and explore the little shops instead of just going to the flea markets? I bought one outfit last year that will fit Gigi this fall. I'm so excited for her to wear it!

I loved your top 10's. :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

I guess you needed your photographer Sean there. And sounds like Leeza needed her big brother too! Glad they made it home ok. And you'll love the baby jogger. I got a used one at a rummage sale and use it ALL the time (I really haven't started running yet but go on power walks with Miras and the dogs). Have fun on Susan time!

marsrob said...

SO glad the two of them are safe and sound. And I cannot believe you are THAT far into your waiting period! When do you break her out? Well, glad you are going out to have fun on your own. You deserve that time for you. You are remarkable. REMARKABLE!!! (and Leeza is a cutie pie)

marsrob said...

SO glad the two of them are safe and sound. And I cannot believe you are THAT far into your waiting period! When do you break her out? Well, glad you are going out to have fun on your own. You deserve that time for you. You are remarkable. REMARKABLE!!! (and Leeza is a cutie pie)

Anonymous said...

Funny Sean mentioned the humidity - I'm not sure I could take it anymore and I've been away from it for less time than you have!

Make sure you get the appropriate visa to take Leeza to Frankfurt - i was going to do that but realized we couldn't leave the airport ;-)

Enjoy the beer, just watch out for cottonmouth tomorrow!
Shannon

Unknown said...

This picture is probably the cutest picture I've ever seen! She looks all soft and fuzzy. :-) I'm glad to hear that Joe and Sean made it home safe and sound. Your bonding time with Leeza sounds wonderful, too. Enjoy your peaceful "ME" time.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I was worried that today was going to be a "no post" day, but I'm happy you found time to update the blog! I'm glad Joe and Sean arrived home safely. I hope that Sean adjusts to the old routine of school, skateboarding, etc. I know he'll be missing you, Leeza, Big Eyes, and the others. The caregivers probably miss him already!

Patrick & Eileen said...

Hi Susan,
It's good to hear that you're enjoying "Susan" time. It might be awhile when you can do that again :)

I know you miss your guys though.

I'm sure I would have enjoyed shopping with you! Sounds like you hit the jackpot in clothes!!

Can't wait for you to spring your little one. It'll be fun to hear (if you have time to blog) what life is like with Leeza staying with you.

Take care,
Eileen