Thursday, September 18, 2008

Leeza WAVES!!!






When I arrived in my daughter's (I am so loving the sound of that!!!) room today, she was in the playpen standing, hanging onto the rail. I got a big grin from her (never get tired of that either!!) and I picked her up. Usually, she is very content to be held until it's time for lunch. However,not today! She was squirmy and wanted down! I put her down and she crawled a few feet, turn around and looked at me, and sat up. I said HI LEEZA-and guess what! SHE WAVED and said HI MOMMY! Ok, I'm just kidding about the Hi Mommy part but she REALLY DID WAVE! We have been working on waving, but she had not waved on her own. I mean, seriously, is this girl a genius or what??!!!!! I was a pretty proud Mommy! Kids are so perseptive, and I know that Leeza KNOWS in her heart of hearts that I am her mommy. She is acting differently, more confident, smiles for me a ton, and is just learning new skills so quickly! It's the coolest thing to watch. I have never had so much fun playing with stacking cups before. Well, honestly, I have never played with stacking cups before . I am sure I have stunted Sean's intellectual development greatly because I never got him any...but, I sure never THOUGHT stacking cups could be so fun!! I guess playing with Leeza is like having your nanny be Mary Poppins...every day is just like a jolly holiday!! It's a jolly holiday in Kaz....7 weeks of Leeza every day~!!!





She is crawling on all four's like a maniac now, and she also likes to walk, just hanging onto one hand. She can only take a few steps before she loses her balance, but she is getting stronger!!!! It's so amazing to watch it. She should totally be on the Discovery Channel! LOL!!





Isool, the head teacher came in today while we were playing. Tatiana stopped in between classes and we were playing with Leeza. Isool told Tatiana that the difference in Leeza is really incredible, that she is advancing very very rapidly and she is even looks so different! She said that Leeza won't let her hold her anymore, that she pushes her away because she wants her Mommy to hold her. I wanted to get a picture of them together, but Leeza didn't like it. She wanted her Mommy! I have to say, this girl time has done BOTH us girls a lot of good!!!

It was a nice sunny day today, but kinda chilly. I was fine in my "shrug" black Steimart sweater though, but since it was finally sunny, and Leeza appears to be all better, I wanted to take her for a walk. I think it's good that Leeza Grace will be a Florida babe, because when I put on her hat and her SNOWSUIT, she pitched a fit. It's very hard to tie a hat with a screaming child having a spaz attack, THEN to put them in a snowsuit, THEN, put them in the ergo. Kudos to the ergo though....Even with a very bundled up child, screaming, I can put the ergo on, get the kid in, with NO ASSITANCE REQUIRED! Perhaps Ergo would be interested in hiring me to be in their ads-Leeza is certainly pretty enough to be an ergo model, don't ya think? I mean, if the ergo can fit a baby bundled up like THIS, and a very uncoordinated mother can fit the bundled up SCREAMING child into it, and the bundled up screaming child immediatly STOPS screaming once she's in....wouldn't EVERY MOM BUY ONE? I could even write a poem or a jingle!




As you can probably tell, I had a wonderful day with Leeza today. I think she is ready to go home with Mommy. I can just tell....mother's instinct!! It's very quiet here without a certain 10 year old boy. Joe and Sean arrived in Frankfurt last night around 11:30 pm Kaz time. They were going downstairs to have a CHEESEBURGER! As of right now, they are in the air on the way from Frankurt to London. I do miss them, but I'm not lonely. I have Leeza 4 hours a day, and that is enough to keep my heart very full, and I have the internet and my friends only an email or a skype phone call away...LIFE IS REALLY REALLY REALLY GREAT!!

DAY 14 OF WAITING PERIOD..done!

20 comments:

Sandi said...

I love all the pictures, and another great update. I am really so so happy that she knows who her mom is, it is truly amazing how much she has changed and grown in 7weeks.

Glad to hear that the boys are on the last legs of there trip.

Looking forward to talking to you soon

sandi

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Susan! I love the snowsuit! I saw some in Gymboree and loved them! Although, not sure when Brookie would be able to wear it! If at all! I bought her Halloween Costume, she's a kitty. Actually, the shirt glows in the dark! Awwwww
Looking forward to trick-or-treating! Leeza and Brookie will be the cutest in town and definitely get the most candy! They can eat the pizza and wings right along with us!! Johnny isn't sure what he wants to be yet, I suggested Seans sumo, he said NO WAY! Please send me your pumpkin muffin recipe, we are desperate!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so happy -- the changes in her have been so dramatic. Looking at her pictures from the beginning of your trip to now is amazing. I love the picture of you in a tank top and her in SNOWSUIT. She must of been boiling... Hopefully they will let you take her home soon.

I know you are going to miss Sean & Joe -- but what a great time to bond one on one with Leeza.

marsrob said...

YAHOO!!! Glad your two boys are traveling safely and enjoying cheeseburgers! And you are right - our kids just KNOW things in their hearts. Your joy must be transmitting to Leeza so easily - she just knows something is up! This is so great! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

My neice is precious! I can't wait to hug her!! XOXO

Joby and Marla said...

I bet Leeza is really going to miss Sean. It is funny that you mentioned the snowsuit because I was just looking for one to buy & thinking that I would probably never use it once I get home. It may snow here once a year & I bet it snows less than that in Florida!!!

Kelly and Sne said...

I love the sound of that too - YOUR DAUGHTER! And you can really tell that she's flourished with that title!

Alysa said...

Your daughter! YOUR daughter! YOUR DAUGHTER!!!! It does sound marvelous! And she quite obviously thinks so too.

The pair of you could so be an Ergo commercial! I can't believe you managed to get her so bundled up and in the Ergo! I have a carrier (Lascal) that I tried once with Kairat, with just his usual in the babyhouse play clothes on and even that was a challenge.

Can't wait to see what adventures the two of you have tomorrow!

Jeannine said...

I know how much you miss Joe and Sean. I think it is great though that you have this time alone with your daughter :) for attachment purposes. The best attachment will begin when you are able to care for her 24-7. This is a good start though and she is doing terrific.

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

You are indeed the Ergo Spokesperson! Seriously, I do think that you should send their consumer marketing department your story (in your spare time -- HA!). I bet they usually hear from people who CAN'T figure out how to use it. :-)

Leeza is so cute motoring around on all fours. Max still crawls around occassionally -- usually when he is mimicking the cat -- and it is just so cute! Her progress is so amazing, but not surprising -- you are there working with her and showering her with love. That's all your beautiful little girl needs.

I seriously doubt you've stunted Sean's growth -- the kid is amazing, too. I really miss him!

One day closer. So cool.

Kim said...

Of course she is a genius! I bet you can't wait to take all the layers off and put her in some cute dresses. :-)

John & Jenny Morgan said...

The third picture is so pretty. The blue in her eyes and on her hat coordinate beautifully! And her smile is so lovely!

Leeza's really getting attached to her mom and growing more independent all the while. It is amazing how much a child can change in such a short period of time.

demarest6 said...

hi says Mary!!! You are so stinkin cute! Ergo's sales would go through the roof with the two of you doing the marketing!!She is so precious, perfect for YOU!!I'm looking forward to seeing Sean and talking with Joe this weekend. Enjoy your time girlfriend!xoxo

Karen said...

Leeza would make a great model—her blue eyes are so mesmerizing. Also am loving the fact that all your girl bonding time is paying off. Big time. She's definitely becoming a mama's girl.

Trudi said...

There IS a big difference in Leeza - she DOES know. Her confidence is way up, and the way she looks at you as you are taking her picture is just heart melting.
The pic I loved is Leeza in her snowsuit and you in a tank top holding her. It would be a great "what's wrong with this picture?" test for kids. LOVED it.

Hope the guys made it home by now. That cheeseburger sounded so good I had to go out and have one too.

Jennifer said...

Maybe that can be our side gig as SAHM's- we'll do road shows for Ergo and model our babies and our Ergos. :-)

I'm not surprised she waved- she's one smart girl, that one is. She knows who's in love with every molecule of her!

I just love reading your blog and seeing your beautiful daughter!

Tina said...

I'm absolulutely addicted to your blog. I'm so thrilled for you and your new family! We can't wait to meet Leeza!

Keep on blogging and posting pics - I love seeing Leeza smiling and your mommy glow.

Tina

Sarah and Andy said...

SOOOO fun! Congrats! We are so happy for your family. We think of you often. I love the Ergo as well by the way, but how quickly they outgrow it--I have thought about putting it on my back sometimes.
Take care and enjoy your remaining time in Kostanai!
Sarah

Matthew Ruley said...

She's three times her size in that snow suit! Where did you find that in Florida? So hard to find things like that.

She is brilliant, like her mommy!

Tricia said...

The difference in her is definitely incredible. Even her face looks different from so many smiles with her new family. Glad Joe and Sean got home safely. You need to be an ergo rep! I am ready to buy one, since the kangaroo carrier is a pita. We got together with one of Rustam's buds from the baby house last night. It was wonderful seeing them together on this side of the world. Now he needs his girlfriend over here to visit :)