Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2 Hearts for Hope gives back and DAY BEFORE COURT!




Tomorrow, Tomorrow, I LOVE YA , TOMORROW, you're only a day AWAY!!!!

Tatiana is pickin us up at 9 for court at 9:30 tomorrow. So, that is 11:30 pm for those of you on east coast time (in Florida, for example) or 10:30 pm for those of you on central time (in Texas, for example). So, for those of you who say prayers before you to to bed, please include the Serra's in that list of those you'd like to bless. :)
When ya'll wake up on Wednesday morning, court will be DONE and we'll hopefully be home and have posted about it already. I will do my best to be quick about it so no one gets nervous (like, um Alysa!!!another blogger friend who as of Monday's court hearing in Aqtobe, is now mommy to her lil cutie, Kairat!!) Alysa and I are hoping we'll be in Almaty at the same time so we can go shopping together because we feel sure we can find things there that Leeza and Kairat don't have yet.
Congrats to Alysa and I hope our court hearing goes as easy and smooth as hers.
The court process in Kostanai is different than the other ones I've read about.
We don't have to make a speech (yay!), nor do we have to show dated pictures of our visits with Leeza. We will bring our laptop though to show the judge pictures of us with Leeza. Let's see Judge, how long you got? I have over 100 pictures taken everyday since August 1st, minus the Tuesday last week that I sat on my camera and broke it. LOL

We had a great visit with Leeza. I think she is feeling better but now we think she is cutting another tooth. Everything is back in her mouth and she's laughing hysterically one minute, then crying the next minute. She was a mommy's girl today.
She crawled a great deal today ON ALL 4'S! I was so proud of her! She just started doing that,but she definitely favored the army crawl. Today, she favored all 4's and she was going to town in the music room. She was in many layers today too, so her mobility was rather limited as well. Wait until she doesn't have to wear 3 and 4 layers...I think she's gonna fly!!







After our visit, we presented the 2 suitcases full of donations from 2 Hearts for Hope that my pack mule brought back with him, plus we donated our suitcases too. :) The head nurse, accountant,the head teacher were present, with us and Tatiana. Tatiana explained about what 2 Hearts for Hope was, and how much we all love the children of Kazakhstan. They were SO excited! Stacy also sent us a check for $150 for formula and bottles. They head nurse explained they need diapers of all sizes more than they need formula and bottles, so they are going to contact a person they know who can give them a discount on a large purchase, and we will use the money to give them diapers from 2 Hearts for Hope. It was really wonderful to be able to present this to them. THANK YOU AGAIN KIM AND STACY! I am excited for this to be our family charity when we get home to keep raising money for these adorable children! All the ladies had all kinds of questions about Sean. They wanted to know his grade,and his age, and how he was able to miss school. We explained that his wonderful teacher has been sending the work, and that Sean is leaving Thursday, after court. We told them that we felt Sean is learning way more in Kostanai than he could learn in school. They were suprised that he is only 10, and thought he was 12. They were so nice and gracious and said thank you many times over. They wished us well in court but said we had nothing to worry about. They also asked when we'd be back to adopt again.....














Joe is going to be a pack mule once again on trip 3, but this time, with toys and books for the head teacher. She really admired the toys we brought for Leeza. We told her that we'd be happy to bring back anything she needs. Thank you Maria for offering to shop. I told the ladies that Joe offered, but he is a man, and not as good of a shopper as I was. I told them that my girlfriend has offered to help!! I just can't see Joe going up and down the aisles of Wal Mart or Target buying kid toys. :) She would really like toys that make noise, and stacking cup like toys. She said she will show us which of Leeza's toys she would like more of! Isool (i think that is how you say her name) is so nice. She gave Sean a book today, in english, and she wrote the Russian in, and gave him a piece of candy too. I thought it was just to let him read and give back, but she would not take it back.

After that, we went to lunch and had soup and salad, and then went to the bookstore. Leeza now has 8 new books in Kazakh, Russian and English. Three of the books are hardback, and the rest are paperback, including a coloring book. The hardback books are Kazakh fairy tales. I am so excited we found these! Tatiana said the woman who sold them to us will probably not have to work for a month after our purchase. HA!
Once we asked for what they had in Russian, Kazakh and English, they kept bringing them to us. Of course, I could NOT turn any of them down. I think she will enjoy having them when she's older, and Sean will also enjoy reading them. The hardback books are beautifully illustrated too. I'm excited to share them with her!

Next post: After court! Thank you so much for all your support. We really appreciate it more than you can ever imagine!!!
Stay tuned.....Serra family, party of 6, coming soon....

33 comments:

Sandi said...

What a wonderful post. Let Joe know i can do some shopping too if you want or need me to.

Your day in court will fly by and soon you will be a party of 6, and the Serras keep on growing :)

BTW you know i will be on your blog tomorrow morning so do not give me a heart attack.. sending you well wishes on your way to making this "almost" official.

I'm ready for the countdown, so lets get it rolling.

Hugs to all,
Sandi

BabyKazfan said...

All the judge has to do is see how much Leeza has blossomed since becoming a Serra.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be up early to read your blog.

I too will be happy to shop for Joe.

BTW, ask if you can bring another baby back for me. :)

Love -
Virginia, Rob & Cameron

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

We Texans we keep ya in the prayers and we can't wait to wake up Wed and breath a sigh of relief, that court is over and dance around for the newest Serra! Glad you won't be here for the dancing, it won't be that pretty, but in theory it will be a happy dance! Cool donations! That feels good, I know! I love to help too! Take Care. Happy thoughts! Gena, Jaimie and Berik

Tricia said...

Leeza looks so cute up on all fours! Wow, that donation looks great. Two Hearts and all of the donors are awesome. It really makes a difference. Good luck with court. You really don't need the luck, everything will be fine. But be prepared to talk about yourself because they did ask us to give a little speech centered around a list of questions. Nothing earth shattering, but both Chris and I had to speak. We'll be thinking of you and can't wait to hear the official good news tomorrow. Love, Tricia

Karen said...

My goodness—all of those clothes and toys fit into one suitcase? Wow, Joe is a packing genius! So glad you were able to get it all over there, these children will surely benefit from all this generosity from the good women of 2 Hearts for Hope.

Tomorrow (or rather tonight) you'll be breezing through court. In fact, they may make you the poster child for adoptive mothers. But just in case, I'll say a little prayer at the stroke of 10:28 pm CST.

Good luck Serra's!!!!

Hugs,
Karen

Karen said...

Oops...I meant to say two suitcases. Not to take away from Joe's talent or anything. LOL

marsrob said...

I am crying with joy and anticipation! Seriously , tears are running down my face. What a BEAUTIFUL thing you have done bringing all of those donations. And Leeza is so close to being officially YOURS. It is night time for you now and our day has only just begun. By tomorrow morning, you'll ALL BE A FAMILY! CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEWS. With so much love going your way!

Angela said...

Tis the night before court and all through the apartment not a creature is stirring because they are getting their rest for the HUGE DAY tomorrow.

I will keep you all in my thoughts tomorrow!!!

Great that you were able to donate all that great stuff!

MM said...

Hey Chickpea! I am excited to shop! Just give me the list and I am ON IT. What a wonderful idea and gift you are passing along. Of course, nothing is too good for Leeza's first home. We will set them up! :) And don't you fret. You guys will kick butt with the judge. Anyone can see what a wonderful blessing that you see Leeza as...and what a wonderful blessing she has in the entire Serra clan. How many dads schlep around the world so often and how many moms and brothers love, entertain & just like being by their new babies side? You guys are the best and it is so easy to see. Just have the judge read your blog & that will say it all. Not to mention the awesome progress Leeza has made since your first day. GO Leeza GO ...great crawling baby girl! But you better learn to run because little Mac has learned to kiss and he can't wait to meet his pretty new friend! :) I will definitely say a prayer, but you know that God is already with you just by your meeting and interaction with sweet Leeza. You are truly blessed! Love you and I will look forward to officially congratulating you tomorrow ! :)

Jeannine said...

As you read this...today is the day!!! I am so excited for you. Everything is going to be fine, no doubt. I think about and pray for you often throughout each day. Your family is the best.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

The countdown is on. This is the BIGGIE!

Sending POWER VIBES you way!!

Alysa said...

I think I'll be winging over Europe about the time you are in court, but will still send up the prayers from 36,000 feet!

Thanks for the congrats! I can't wait to say "right back at ya!"

That baby girl has come so far! Wonderful that she is crawling now!

Jennifer said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck! I'll say a prayer for you though I totally know you won't need it. That little girl is YOURS no if's, and's, or but's about it.

The Two Hearts donation giving sounded wonderful!

Congratulations to Leeza on crawling. I say she gets a perfect 10 for form! What an adorable little Munchkin. She looks so proud!

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Bill & Khadine said...

Hey there! Sorry I haven't posted in a while but I just haven't had much time with Dylan running around all over the place. I can't believe court is tomorrow already! I wish you guys the best of luck and can't wait to log in tomorrow and see that Leeza is finally officially YOURS!!!

By the way, I broke out into the biggest smile when I saw your pictures today...I remember that blue jumpsuit/bodysuit all too well! Dylan sported it a few times. I have to say, it suits Leeza much better than it suits him! I wonder if the fact that she's a girl could have anything to do with it???? ;-)

Can't wait to read your post tomorrow!

Khadine

kitzkazventure said...

Wow, so exciting! We will say prayers for you tonight/tomorrow! You will do great in court!

I am soooo jealous of the books! I am a book fanatic and we had nothing like that in Zhezkazgan (very small) and then once we got to Almaty, we could not really shop because of Nick. I plan to go back someday so you will have to give me the names so that I can look for them! :)

Your pack mule did a great job bringing all of that stuff. How awesome for the kids!

Hugs! Karen

Anonymous said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck!! Can't wait to see tomorrow's news! Love all of today's pics and especially Leeza crawling! Also, the things Joe brought over look wonderful. I am sure they all LOOOVVVEEE y'all!! Sending lots of love, hugs, kisses from Dallas!! XOXO, Nicole

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Good luck tomorrow!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love the post - how lucky you are to be able to give them all those gifts. I can only imagine how appreciative they must be.

Good luck at court. You are definitely in my prayers -- although I know there is no worry.

I love all the layers on Leeza - she looks like a little sausage -- a cute Kazakh sausage....

Thad and Ann said...

WOW!! Joe did an awesome job of getting all that stuff in 2 suitcases!!! I'm impressed! How incredible to be able to give them so much stuff, you have such a great relationship with the staff there.

I will be praying for you guys & can't wait to see how it went. Good Luck!

BabyKazfan said...

Good luck! Can't wait to read all about it! How exciting!

Love,

Stacey

Trudi said...

I will hardly sleep tonight! Sending you every good vibe, white light and power thought in the universe.

Lisa looks so intent on crawling in her first crawl pic, then so proud in the second one. It's like she knows tomorrow is a very special day and is doing a little pre-court show off. Adorable.

And kudos to Joe for the big haul. WOW.

Kelly and Sne said...

How wonderful that you were able to give back! Best of success tomorrow!

Amy said...

Yeah!!! Good luck tomorrow!!! Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading your posts, you are having so much fun and I can't believe you are still so positive after being away from home for so long!!! I guess a little Leeza love does wonders ;-)

Can't wait to read about court.
shannon

Unknown said...

The picture of Sean with all the caregivers was so touching. He really has learned a lot on this trip. He learned that he can make a huge difference in the world, which is something not many kids get to experience. Very cool. Hey, I'd like to donate to your charity. Can I just send some stuff (probably $$) to your home address?

Angela said...

It's 9:00 am here in Kokshetau - sending positive thoughts to the Serra clan in Kostanai!

Aaron and Julie said...

You are less than an hour from being on your way to court!! I am sending huge hugs, prayers and good wishes. This is a huge day and I am so excited for you!!!

Tricia said...

The rooster man got me up at 5 AM here and I had to check your blog right away, but no post yet :( Can't wait to hear some news!

dnd82001 said...

As always we are sending positve thoughts your way although I'm sure you will have no worries and court will/was fine!

Best wishes and congrats!

Darlene

PS Dennis is also pack muling for Two Hearts as well on his second trip - it is an amazing what they can do for the kids in KAZ!!!!

Patrick & Eileen said...

My goodness Joe is a trooper to be able to get all those goodies and his personal items in 2 suitcases. Awesome!

I loved the pictures on this post and the photos from the day before. Too cute!

Can't wait to hear how court went!! I wonder if you'll have some funny or cute story about it :)

Hugs,
Eileen

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Oh my goodness, we are soooo behind on posting. I didn't want to post my "catch up" post on your court day blog -- my comment there has to be solely about CONGRATULATIONS!

I am a slacker because I have not yet blogged about both Karens, but I LOVE this blogger world and I had so much fun meeting the Karens, the kids, and Bob. It has been a bit crazy here because we lost electricity on Sunday and we still don't have it at home. No computer at night -- a total bummer.

Okay, back to you. Or, should I say, back to Leeza. She is amazing. I love the pics of her crawling. This is all so good .. she is doing everyhing in the order she should be, just a tiny bit behind. She will catch up in no time. I think the baby house often makes the kids try to walk too soon, so it is good that you are there to let her crawl around on all fours for awhile. All so good for her brain -- although she is already a genius! How much more brain power does she need?! HA!

What a great post about Two Hearts for Hope, too. I was so bummed that we never got to take photos like you did (since dropping of the clothes was a total whirlwind, and we forgot the key to the suitcase!) -- thank you for getting the word out about that great charity.

I'm ready to cheer you through the next 15 days. YEEEEHAAAAAAAA!

Lots of hugs,

Karen.

Kim said...

No, thank you! We couldn't do what we do without the help of traveling families like yours! From the beginning you have been one of our biggest supporters and we thank you so much! I love the pictures!

Kim said...

PS - uploading pictures to facebook as I type this...