Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Moody Monday with Leeza!





Countdown: 2 days until court!!!

Tatiana just called to tell me that she just finished translating all of our new dossier and she just dropped it off with the judge! Yay!!!!!!!!

We saw the head teacher today and she was very interested in the bag of toys that we have for Leeza. She is such a lovely person, I really like her. She really seemed to approve of the toys that we brought-she got very excited. We want to have Tatiana ask her what things she'd like (developmentally wise) for the kids. Joe has one more trip to be a pack mule, and he's offered to even go SHOPPING and bring back whatever she wants (toys, books, whatever!!) If Joe has offered to go shopping, you can tell that this wonderful baby house can really influence your heart. :) I told her, in my limited Russian and English, about all the donations we're going to be bringing over when Tatiana can come with us. She is very excited, and I can't wait to give them to her! I was going thru them all this morning and I couldn't help it, I got all emotional. Sean said, "WHY ARE YOU CRYING??!!!" I was just so happy that Kim and Stacy had the foresight, knowledge, and love to start 2 Hearts for Hope and how wonderful it is for the kids to have this stuff. There are a bunch of adorable knitted hats that are obviously handmade. I can just see them on the kids in Leeza's group. They are beautiful. I also enjoyed shopping for 2 Hearts for Hope, but to see the need first hand for these kids is another matter entirely. I can't wait to explain (with Tatiana, who can translate) all about 2 Hearts for Hope and how much we love the Kaz orphan kiddo's.

We had a good visit with Leeza, but she was pretty moody. One minute, cracking up, giggling, crawling like a maniac, next minute, she's crying. I think she just doesn't feel good. I would say this is probably the crankiest she's ever been, but I can't blame her. Her lil nose is all stuffy! Joe can't get enough of her chubby lil cheeks...he kept squeezing them. She liked it and would giggle up a storm. She warmed right up to Joe right away today, no trepidation at all. YAY!
Tatiana asked if I thought she "recollected" him. I am not sure, but she did figure out pretty quickly that her Dad is pretty fun!!











When we arrived, Leeza Grace was still asleep in her crib , and I love being there when she wakes up. Joe was priivy to sleepy Leeza snuggles today too!
The killer indoor playroom was open today, so we hung out in there. Leeza is no longer afraid of anything in there. Depsite the occcasional melt down (but at least we're on the foam mats so she can't hit her head on anything if we're not nearby), she was fun today. She is now a WHIZ with the stacking rings. We do hand them to her in order, but she gets them on the base RIGHT AWAY, no delay. I was impressed, she has come such a long way in such a short period of time!
Go Leeza!!!

Ivan took us to a new restaurant near our apartment that is very good and very cheap! I even got a cold beer...yum! Dolce Vita always has warm beer, so I switched to getting milkshakes when we go there. I LOVE the milkshakes here-they are so much better and also 3/4 smaller than the milkshakes in the US. Today, I had chicken stuffed with rice and mushrooms, and stewed fruit juice. It's the stuff that Leeza drinks, it's very good.
I was like, OH COOL, i can buy this in bulk for Leeza! However, Tatiana tells me it's very easy to make and she will show me. We'll see...

Joe seems to be doing well....he is taking a cat nap right now. He brought my warm sweaters just in time. It was 13 degrees celcius today, tomorrow it's supposed to rain and drop to 4 degrees celcius. I am not great on the conversion to Farenheit, but let's just say...I'M WARM in my cords and my sweater and I am currently wearing my slipper socks made from the mountain goat. :)






19 comments:

Sandi said...

What a great update. I can't wait to see the donations and some pictures of you guys presenting them to the head dr and bh. How exciting. Leeza looks so darn cute as usual, even if she doesn't feel well she sure puts on a show. Glad that you guys are back together. Court 2 days YAY

Sandi

Angela said...

It must feel great to give the kids at the Baby House what they need - from you guys and Two Hearts. I keep meaning to email Kim because now that I am here, I completely and totally get why they started the organization and why they put so much time & effort into it.

Glad Leeza is having fun with her Dad! Sorry she is feeling so bad. Nothing breaks my heart like a sick child. Get well soon, Leeza!

YEA for only 2 days until court!

Joby and Marla said...

I love to read your updates!!!! You do such a great job describing everything. I hope Leeza feels better. It is no fun being sick but it sounds like she is still trying!

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, I am glad you have both your boys with you. You are on the home stretch now! I hope Leeza gets well soon so she can get back to being her happy self all the time. Being sick is no fun! Great job keeping up the posts and great pictures! Bummer for poor Joe that he wasn't able to sleep on the way out. I hope his trip home is easier. Of course with Sean with him, I am sure there will be plenty going on! :) I guess one of your projects after they leave will be learning how to prepare the food, juice & team that little Leeza is used to. :) I need to read up on 2 Hearts because I don't about that. Maybe it is something i can help contribute to? I will find out! You guys have a great time being all together again...and YAY you are on the home stretch!!! :) Love ya!

Karen said...

Wonderful post. Warm sweaters, cozy socks, cuddly hubby and baby—let the temperatures drop!

Seriously, it's great you're able to give donations from Two Hearts in person. It's so heartwarming, knowing that these babies will have nice things because of the generosity of this organization.

Can't wait to hear all about your court date. Until then...

marsrob said...

You are so wonderful and Two Hearts is amazing. So glad you are able to do all of that. Very moving.

On another, much more shallow note, you are GORGEOUS! Great photos! Glad you are cozy and warm!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Great pics today! Good looking family!! Hope Leeza feels better. XOXO

Jennifer said...

What a cutie!!

Please share the recipe if you get it!

I'm glad Joe was able to get all the clothes there and that they needed them. How wonderful!

BabyKazfan said...

Hi...Sean, I've noticed that you don't seem to be bothered by the cold weather. You dress like a true Floridian! Maybe it's because you're hot blooded! Your hair is nice and thick, that'll keep you warm huh? I haven't noticed many turtles sticking their heads out in the pond lately, I think they miss you...I'm sure they'll be happy to see you...Especially if you bring them some bread!! Leeza is gonna have alot of fun with Brooke, I just know it!!

Trudi said...

2 days! Yippeee! Wednesday cannot come fast enough.

Gotta tell you, for being out of sorts with her stuffed up nose, Ms LG looks amazingly happy. And for a Monday at that! Sean also looks like he has a little Monday morning face going on. It must run in the family.

I hope you do get that recipe and post it - I have been so curious about what it is they give the babies.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Wow - she gets even more beautiful each day!!! I think it is the joy in her face. She lloks so happy to be with Daddy too. I know Daddy is very happy to be there. Great post about the donations.

Thinking of you guys!!!

Kelly and Sne said...

2 more days! Getting nervous? That's great that you can give back while you are in country. We brought what we could to donate - which was actually more than the other families there - but it seemed like it just wasn't enough.

Mountain goat socks???

Unknown said...

I LOVE the picture of Sean, Leeza and you on the mats. You and Sean look all happy and Leeza is making a crabby face. LOL!!! So, so, cute!

Chris & Christy said...

Wow - Only 2 days until Court! Yahooooo! :) It is so fun to see that your entire family was able to come back to Kaz on the second trip, you are so fortunate! :) Leeze is an absolute peanut too!

Many prayers coming your way for court!

Christy

Alysa said...

I just smile and laugh every time I read one of your posts! So much fun and so much love.

Court is gonna be a cakewalk for you guys! You are already Mommy and Daddy to that little blond darling! But, sending good thoughts and prayers that the docs are done and the judge and prosecutor are in a good mood and it becomes official in a matter of minutes! I can't wait to hear how it goes. So excited for you!!!!!

Alysa said...

Oh! Oh! I forgot to add that I too hope we are in Almaty at the same time! With our court dates only 2 days apart, the timing seems right. I would absolutely LOVE to meet up with you here and let our Kaz kids play together.

Maybe we could go shopping. I'm sure there is something somewhere that we haven't already bought for our babies. ;)

demarest6 said...

Hey Serra Family, so glad you are all together. Wow, court in 2 days, the process is long in Kaz, however worth every second. Can't wait to read all about it.xoxo

Matthew Ruley said...

So glad that your boyfriend's back. Everyone looks os so so so happy. Love the pic of the three of you peeking over the side of the ball tank. I got in one of those things in Kaz and couldn't get out! Coudlnt figure out what makes them so cool- much cooler to look at than get in one I thought.

You're probably getting ready for court now, and I'm thinking of you - hope all goes well. WHEN DO YOU EXPECT TO COME HOME?

I know you have 15 day appeal, and then have to wait for passports, and time in Almaty. Second week of October?

Will there be a baby shower? I want to be invited. Is anyone throwing you a shower? Let me know. Maybe I'll be up to it by then.

Joyce said...

These pictures are incredible!
Joyce