Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tummy Trouble Tuesday!




I guess that's what I GET for bragging about how much we love the food, and how happy we are in Kostanai..I have had some "tummy trouble" and I have taken CIPRO, pepto, and Pepcid, so hopefully it will continue to feel better. Or, MAYBE, I will lose a pound or two..that would be a real bonus!!! Yesterday, when I was so tired, I ate lunch, but never had an appetite for the rest of the day. Sean and I were watching Friends, Season 7, when my tummy started talkin to me. I was awake from around 2 to 4 am with my tummy making some strange sounds. I think it was talking to me in Russian. I managed a cup of coffee for breakfast, but that was it. I had a salad and some soup with breadsticks for lunch, so we'll see how that goes. So far, so good. Leeza didn't have any tummy troubles today though! She was in a pretty spunky mood today. Ivan picked us up at 11 so I would not miss out on feeding her lunch. She was standing up in the big playpen we got there, and HAPPY to see us, or so it appeared. She ate a good lunch, and off to the visitation room we went. It was pretty chilly today.....I need to remember my slippers or wear socks because my feet were freezing! We didn't take Leeza for a walk today because it was too chilly out. In fact, I came home, put my sweater and socks on, and am wrapped up in a blanket right now. I would SO not be as happpy here in the winter! I am glad that my running socks are being put to good use though. I haven't run a mile, but the socks are warm, I slept with them on last night too!!

Leeza wasn't too much of a cuddle munchkin today, she was BUSY throwing her cups on the lil table and standing up almost the entire time. She was so cute, we practiced playing "peek a boo" and she was mimicing me and covering her eyes and saying her version of "Peek a boo". It was really sweet!! She was CRACKING up laughing at her brother too. I am so glad Sean is here!!! I got a lil snuggle time in to read her her books, and then she was sitting up playing with Sean and got excited, and threw her head back and SMACKED it good on the floor. I really wish she wouldn't do that........butI ran accross the small room at the speed of lightening and scooped her up and we snuggled and she was ok. I didn't get very many pictures today...she was moving around way too much, and I just wanted to enjoy her and forget about the camera.

Daddy-we miss you!!!!!!

21 comments:

Sandi said...

Sure hope your tummy starts feeling better, nothing worst then feeling crummy when your not at home.

Glad to see Leeza was having a great day, she looked very happy today.

Sandi

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Hopefully you're on the road to recovery by now. Sounds like you have all of the right meds, but it's no fun to feel icky. Love to see Leeza so active, and loving that balloon. Sean is a good videographer, too! It is so awesome that he was able to stay with you. We are so happy for you as you watch Leeza grow and develop right before your eyes. Ahhhh, the power of love.

Karen said...

Yikes, tummy problems not my favorite topic. No fun at all. Hope you're feeling better today. I think it's great that you're able to turn your ailment into a great headline—way to go!

Leeza looks so happy today. I just love happy babies. :-)

Enjoy your time with your two precious little ones.

BabyKazfan said...

Hi susan and sean. how are you today. its gina and i just wanted to tell you that i hope you feel better and sean doesen't get it.

marsrob said...

Hope your tummy heals soon. Boy do I remember the yukki sick days in Kaz! As always, you seem to even have a positive attitude about that!

And, Leeza's hair WILL grow, my friend! We had to beg them to stop buzz-cutting Aila's hair! It has taken 9 months to get this far! xoxoxoox

MM said...

Hey Chickpea,I missed so much over the 3day weekend! Sorry, I didn't log in. i tend to equivocate working to turning on my computer. I was thinking about you guys though! My parents came out and have kept us busy all weekend. I hope your tummy is feeling better by now. Can you do tea? Like chamomile or something soothing? Are you eating any yogurt? Yogurt is also great for tummy troubles with all the "good" bacteria it has in it. I love Sean's idea of trying to sucker you on the hamsters saying that they needed to be adopted. That son of yours is way too quick! That is hilarious that Ivan can tell blonde jokes in english. He and Tatiana must really have the language down. Would they ever come to visit you? They should see Florida. Based on the weather you're having they may not want to go back to Kaz though. Sheesh. Winter starting at the end of August? Yikes! i am guessing Joe will be bring back sweaters and gloves for you! Good luck with your tummy bug, i hope you feel better soon! Love ya!

Kim said...

Uggg, hope you feel better soon. Nothing like being sick in a foreign country. :)

I would love some of that colder weather here in TN. I am so over the heat!

Kim

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Hope your tummy feels better soon! No fun at all.
And yes, Kaz in the winter is a whole different story. Special and wonderful, nonetheless :-)
What are you planning for her big birthday?

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I hope your stomach feels better!

Jennifer said...

Oh I hope her head and your tummy feel better tomorrow! No good!

Our temps our dropping here too. It's only 63 right now, and our lows are supposed to be in the 50's for the rest of the week. Brr.. I shouldn't say that too loudly as Mother Nature might make it snow on me! Seriously though, I usually look forward to fall with it's crisp coolness, and dry air. This summer hasn't been too hot though so I'm actually bummed to see fall arrive.

Oh GUESS WHAT?!? The Pumpkin Spice creamer came out (it's seasonal)! Woo hoo!! I LOVE the Pumpkin Spice creamer in my morning coffee. Yum! That is the one good thing about the arrival of fall so far. :-)

Stacy said...

so sorry about your Tummy !! Leeza is cute as ever. Still need the address to send your box to. Let me know ASAP so I can send it out tomm. (sep 3 ) if possible. I want Joe to have enough time to pack it in. Oh and how much stuff, Can you pack in a GREAT big box full?? Let me know!! Praying that you guys don't get sick!

Tricia said...

Sorry to hear that you got the crud. Hope the Cipro kicks it right out. I can't believe it is that cool already. I keep thanking our lucky stars that we were not there in the winter. Leeza looks like she is having fun. We were showing Chris' Dad our photos of her on Sunday. You should have some buddies arriving this week. Keep an eye out.

Joyce said...

I sure hope you feel better soon! It's miserable to be sick when you are away from home. Get well!
Joyce

Joyce said...

I sure hope you feel better soon! It's miserable to be sick when you are away from home. Get well!
Joyce

BabyKazfan said...

Hi! How nice on the chilly stuff! It is far from chilly here, a smoldering 92 degrees today!! Brooke is getting a wild streak in her! She is attacking her little pillow and stuffed animals by hanging on to them with her teeth and shaking them! Maybe she's taking after the dog...Lately, her food on her tray she tosses overboard to the dog as he patiently awaits the guaranteed treats! Yesterday I went in the Wendy's drive-in and waited almost 10 minitues for 4 things..I got impatient(so not me) and went inside, the cashier gave me a book of 50 free hamburger coupons!! I'm thinking halloween? Hey, or maybe Craig's list!! I told Johnny I'd sell them to him for .25 each!!! Hey Sean, are you interested?? LOL
I'm looking forward to Friday's blog, tell Leeza we said HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!! Brooke's is a few weeks away! We're having a Bunnytown Birthday...Johnny is gonna dress up as a Jackrabbit!!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I hope you feel better. Hopefully Sean and Leeza won't get it.

Julian and Sara said...

Those are the cutest pictures!!! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sara

Matthew Ruley said...

That girl has more toys in that pile next to her in that video!

Hope your belly feels better - there is nothing worse than feeling sick away from home.

Those are some seriously pinchable cheeks!

KazAdventurers said...

Hope you feel better soon!
It's wonderful to watch as Leeza grows and bonds with you and Sean.

Stay warm!

Lisa

Angela said...

I was reading this entry and you reminded me that I had slippers - kind of chilly, so I went and put them on. Thanks.

It looks like Leeza is having a good time with that balloon. Sounds like another great visit. It's nice that you get to go outside . . . but, yes, it is getting cold!! Why did it seems to come from nowhere.

Yes, you are very lucky to have Sean here! I am envious, but this is probably for the best for us.

I hope you are on the mend!

Trudi said...

Just doing a bit of blog catch up today - loved the video with Leeza. As you are holding her, it is easy to see how tiny she is. I love it that you have her as a baby. That time passes WAY too fast! I'd say enjoy it but I know you are!!!