Friday, September 12, 2008

Freak me out Friday..can you believe it's our 6th Friday here??!!!




It's FREAKY FRIDAY, but no, that doesn't mean I turned into Leeza and she turned into me, like that funny movie, Freaky Friday. I was pretty freakin glad to take a hot shower this morning though!! I am not really freaked today, but I am suprised that we've been here 6 weeks as of today! We have known precious Leeza Grace for 6 weeks today! It has gone by so quickly, but we've also seen so many changes in her-so I guess that could be freaky, but not in a weird way, just in an amazing way!!!

Poor Leeza is really congested. I feel so bad for her! I guess the iodine didn't work. She is stuffed up and coughing a lil bit, but I only heard her cough when she was trying to eat. For the first time, she ate VERY little for lunch. My soup girl barely touched her soup. She did like her rice and beef (it looked pretty good, I have to say!) and her tea though. We were given a prescription from the doctor to take and get filled at the pharmacy. It's 12 doses whatever it is, and it was pricey...5000 tenge, or about $50 US. They didn't let me use my insurance card to pay the $25 copay..HA HA! We will bring it tomorrow so she can get started on it and get all healed. I was noticing that all the kids have some snotty nose action. I am sure they all give it back and forth to each other, just like at school and daycare! The weather is changing cooler, and it seems like that makes everyone get a cold. Thank goodness, Sean and I have been terrific! Sean has even been doing his work the past 2 days with no fights! Yay!!!

Despite not eating much, we had a fun visit anyway. We went back to the playroom and it wasn't locked (yay!). I like it better than the visitation room because the mat is way softer to sit on than the floor in the visitation room! Leeza cried when I first set her down, but she warmed up quickly in my lap with her toys.
I kind of expected her to be whiny and cryish today, but she wasn't. She was a really good mood,actually.







Sean cleared the way in the ball pit so she had fun sitting inside it again. I love the way that her and Sean play together. She clearly adores him. I hope that he doesn't turn into a jerky big brother when he gets home. :)









She had a hard time eating her milk and cookies too. It's hard to drink your milk when you can't breathe out of your nose. It took her a looooooooooooong time to drink it all down today, but that was ok with me, because that is more snuggle time for me!!

Joe leaves today!! yay!!! He has been a real trooper trying to find all the things I want him to bring. He was in my closet last night on the phone with me trying to find my tan sweater I wanted. He coudln't find it anywhere. Finally, he said...Are you sure you don't have it with you? OH YEAH, IT'S HERE! SORRY!!

I also had him going thru Leeza's closet too...but he is extra challenged to bring my wish list since the wonderful donation for 2 Hearts for Hope is one 48 lb suitcase. I wish smooth flights to my sweetie...we are soooooooooo excited to see him! Leeza is too!!!
Joe almost didn't get his visa...incredible story. It will be just another example to share with Leeza how blessed we all our that she is our family. I will copy an email from the Assistant Stork, the courier we use to get our visa's from the embassy in DC.

So... you want another story to add to your future reminiscing about the adoption? Sit down first. When I got to the Kaz Embassy, there was a woman seated, waiting for them to finish her visa. So I went to the window and gave the young man my pick up slip for your visa. He was gone for quite some time. In the meantime, the woman who also works at the consulate came up to the window with a visa and puts it under the glass. I asked her "is that mine?" She said no, and nodded her head in the direction of the woman who was sitting and waiting. Now, here's the weird part. The woman looked over the passport and visa. She looked at it a long time. I asked her if she knew what to look for in reviewing a visa. She said "yes, I think". So I said the most important things are to verify the name and the passport number. She looked at it some more, then left. I gave the woman behind the glass another couple of visa requests. She processed them and then asked "did you say you have a pick up?" I replied that yes, I did, and that the young man was helping me. So she disappeared to go check on it. A couple of minutes later, she and the young man appeared saying that they gave the other woman your visa because they thought she was with me. Remember, the woman looked over the visa and passport and didn't even notice it wasn't hers!

ARRGGHH!

So, I ran from the consulate looking all around. Didn't see the woman with your passport. I asked another courier if they saw someone in a black skirt leave and they said "yes, she went thataway." I ran down the street and thank God, she was waiting for a bus. Got your visa!

WHEW!

17 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Geez! That is a crazy story! Ridiculous really- so glad he was able to get his VISA.

Sorry Leeza is under the weather. I hope you and Sean stay healthy.

Love,

Stacey

Monica said...

Wow! I love all the inside playroom pics! So happy for you too that joe is on his way back! Time is passing day by day and soon you'll all be back in FL enjoying your real life together at HOME!
Continued best wishes!!!
:)

Susan said...

Well, today is head back to Kaz day for me. I'm excited to get back there and reunite.... I do have to say though, I had this strategy when I left.. I would leave clothes there so when I returned, I could just travel with a carry-one bag and make it nice and easy.... Not a chance!!! Suitcase #1 - 50lbs, Suitcase #2 - 47 lbs, Carry-on bag 25lbs. Life is Good!!!

Can't wait to see Susan and Sean and will be interesting to see Leeza's reaction to seeing me after a 2 week break. I bet she jumps up and down, then screams DADADADA!!!

Signed, The Pack Mule

marsrob said...

Incredible. Unreal!
And 6 fridays!??? WOW. Safe travels to your sweetie!

Another thing: Aila's stuffiness didn't subside until about a week after being in the US. I was always worried that it meant something bad - turns out she was just sick constantly in Kaz! Oy vey!

Karen said...

First off, glad to hear that Joe got his Visa—whew is right. Second, sorry to hear Leeza is all plugged up. Did you mean to write 50000 tenge for the meds and not 50 tenge? Because 50 would be a REAL bargain.

The playroom you're in is so cheerful, it always amazed me how nice things were for the children over there. I kept telling Bob that Garrett is going to be majorly (is that a word?) disappointed once he gets to our house.LOL

Karen said...

First off, glad to hear that Joe got his Visa—whew is right. Second, sorry to hear Leeza is all plugged up. Did you mean to write 50000 tenge for the meds and not 50 tenge? Because 50 would be a REAL bargain.

The playroom you're in is so cheerful, it always amazed me how nice things were for the children over there. I kept telling Bob that Garrett is going to be majorly (is that a word?) disappointed once he gets to our house.LOL

MM said...

Hey Chickpea,
Wow! Send that courier a prize! He gets my vote as best courrier in the world! :) God is with you!! And, you have an angel in Joe, your built in "pack mule." :) How great it will be for you all to be together again. And then, how close you will be to getting home after the next leg of your journey. And poor Leeza on being congested. Mac doesn't want to eat & has a hard time sleeping as well when that happens. Will they let you do saline drops & suction her nose? Both of those things are over the counter. Although they hate it, it can help to clear things up. Then use a little Vicks Vapo-rub on her chest? Poor little Leeza! I hope it doesn't catch on to you or Sean. Glad to hear Sean is being great & getting his work done without a fuss. He is going to miss his mama! What a support he has been staying out there (and of course getting to miss some school!) I am sure he is missing his old life a little too though. Looking forward to getting you all home! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

OMG - The Visa story sends shivers up my spine!

demarest6 said...

Your adoption angel is not going to let anything slow you down!!! To God be the glory!! Joe you are amazing and I bet your right, Leeza is going to smile so big, and reach for you the moment she lays her eyes on you. xoxo

Kelly and Sne said...

That is a WILD story - and, yes, another one for the adoption lore that you will pass on to Leeza someday! Glad to hear that you have water. I'll have to say that off and on utilities was the one thing that really drove me nutso in Kaz. I'll never complain about another water bill again! What a great play room! Much cooler than anything we had in Semey. THough the older kids room had some of the fun stuff, we were never allowed to use it. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks already! And you're still a happy camper! Happy travels to Joe.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Oh my! That's a crazy story. I am glad the courier chased down the woman and got Joe's visa and passport! I hope his trip to Kostanai is safe. I know you'll all be glad to see each other!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Wow - close call. I hope Leeza gets better for her visit with Joe.

I love the pack mule's post....

Tricia said...

Great photos!

Trudi said...

Congratulations on your 6th Friday - every day is a step closer to coming home. Hurray!
Love the pics as usual of course.
Thinking good thoughts for Joe and his loooonnnnnnggggg journey!

Catalina said...

Wow 6 weeks in Kazakhstan, this is very long, but better to stay with Leeza, whatever it takes.

It would be nice if you had vicks for Leeza`s stuffiness. Yulia also got a cold when when we were in the baby house - most like it was a present from Gabi (that we brought) :).
The story with visa is so funny, everything is possible in Kazakhstan :).

Angela said...

I had to tell my roommates your visa story. Theirs got "lost" so the trip here was delayed a week. It was a mess!

Sorry Leeza is so congested. Alia is eternally congested . . . and she has had an eye infection as well. It does seem like everything is passed around and around.

Glad her cold hasn't slowed her down. The playroom sounds great!

Are you past the halfway point?

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, what a crazy story!

I am so glad he was able to get his Visa back. Wow!

Those playroom colors do phenominal things to make her eye color just POP in your photos. Beautiful!