Thursday, September 4, 2008

Torts and Tempers Thursday!!




Happy Thursday friends! When we arrived at the baby house today, all the kiddo's were still sleeping. It was really sweet to walk into their "bedroom" and see all the kiddo's all "snuggly buggly" in their cribs. Leeza is so angelic when she is sleeping..(aren't they all?!!) It was cool being there when she woke up. She gave us a big smile and I got to pick her up and snuggle my sleepy lil almost year old daughter (well, not officially yet, but in my heart!!) We set her on the potty and all her buddies started waking up too. It was another "potty party" for group 11 at the Dolpin baby house! Leeza is super coordinated-she peed on her potty, all the while showing off her new clapping AND her new peek a boo skills...THAT'S MY GIRL! She is a MULTI TASKER!! The caregivers were talking to me about Leeza's birthday tomorrow and kept saying "torte"...which means cake. They wanted to make sure that I was bringing a cake for her birthday! It was really funny. So, I did a big celebratory TORTE dance for the kids and I think they told Sean His mom was crazy. I forgot to ask Ivan what the word for crazy was.

Leeza DUG her lunch today and ate it ALL...it was some kind of pie made with bread crust and rice, and maybe fish or chicken. I had no translator there to ask, but she woofed it down like nobody's business. Leeza is really obsessed with her stacking cups these days. She wants to fit them inside each other, and she gets REALLY mad if she doesn't get it. Poor child has her mother's patience level. I hope that Joe can teach her to be more patient like he is. I got a mini temper tantrum on video for your viewing pleasure.


She is busy busy busy busy....no time for pictures, because she won't look up and I am too slow to catch it when she does.



I did manage to get my snuggle time in while we read books, so I am glad she does like to read her books! She has changed so much in the almost 5 weeks we have been here. She reminds me a lot of "curious George" lately.


I love my lil 'Curious George' SO very much, even though I wish she wouldn't get so frustrated and throw her head back! Sean is really good at making her laugh--he just CRACKS HER UP!
I had to get more pampers for Leeza today. I really don't remember how much diapers are, it's been a few years since I had to buy any, but I bought a big jumbo box of them today, and it was just under $50!! I think they must be more expensive here? I was shocked when I went to pay for them, we had a few other things to get at the Gros like Coke light, Fanta, peanuts,and cheese, and the total came to like 7800 tenge.......the Pampers were like 5800! Maybe I will try to keep Leeza on that potty schedule after all....


Tomorrow is a BIG DAY...IT'S THE DAY LEEZA GRACE TURNS ONE! I am so happy we are here to celebrate it with her! I hope she LOVES her present we got her...$50 worth of pampers! WOO HOO!!

S Dnyom rozhdenya tebaya LEEZA!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU LEEZA!!!!
We are picking up her "torte" at the bakery in the morning on the way to the baby house. The caregivers must have reminded me like 5 times. I wonder if they will let Leeza have a bite?

Stay tuned.....

21 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Leeza from your Aunt Stacey and cousins Jan and Will. Have a great party and get lots of pictures- they only turn 1 once!!!!!

Love,

Stacey

Angela said...

Happy birthday eve, Leeza! Enjoy that tort.

Impressive peeing.

We were just talking about diapers at dinner tonight. I thin we paid $19 for 60. We decided they are more expensive. I can't exactly remember how much they were because it has been a little more than 2 years since I have bought any.

Also, it was Luba's (cleaning lady) birthday yesterday so we bought her some chocolate and Scott wrote out "Happy Birthday" in Russian. What you wrote actually looked familiar!

Tricia said...

Give her three kisses from Chris, Trish & Rustam. We watched an old (way way back in July) video of them in their playpen, Rustam was absolutely entranced seeing Leeza again. Hope that those memories stay with them forever. Can't wait for them to meet again in the States!!

Happy birthday Leeza!!

Jeannine said...

Happy Birthday, Leeza!!!!

BabyKazfan said...

oh- and Happy Birthday from Uncle Jan- I didn't mean to leave him out!

Love,

Stacey

Matthew Ruley said...

Happy Bday Leeza!

I think the diapers we got in Kaz were around $35 there were around 35 in the pack, which makes it a buck a diaper. I guess its about the same then as Ust.

Alyona declares its her bday everyday. Its "her day".

Leeza is Virgo - so am I!

Alysa said...

Leeza is so darn cute! You can tell from the pictures that she is loving her Mom and brother as much as you love her. Warms my heart!

Hope the birthday bash goes well -- enjoy the torte! Happy 1st Birthday Leeza!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday Leeza. Pace yourself with the Pampers! Hope the "Tort" was Yummy - did you have it strait up or put it in with the warm milk mixture?? Hopefully you were able to get "messy" with it!

marsrob said...

Happy Almost Bday Leeza!!! Wow, potty already? It seems unimaginable. I have heard of them doing that with babies in the Baby Houses, but they didn't do it in Aila's - so it is hard to fathom how it is happening! Aila is still using diapers at 19 months old. No way could I see her potty trained yet. We do have a potty for her to play with. Usually she puts it on her head as a hat!!!

Anyways, Leeza Grace you are ONE lucky little girl! Your mommy-to-be ROCKS and how cool that you get to celebrate your first bday with your soon-to-be forever family!

With love!

marsrob said...

By the way, Diapers ARE expensive. And yes, we are anxious to stop buying them!

Karen said...

Wow—your little curious george turns one—how fun for you and Sean to be there to celebrate the big milestone. (sad for joe though—maybe you can record him singing "happy birthday" somehow and you can play it for her. can't wait to see it all captured on video. The best part is, you'll be there for every other birthday from here on out. Not all of us can say that. (hence the four encores of happy birthday for garrett at his party last July.) BTW birthdays are my big thing—it even trumps christmas.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Happy Birthday!! Wow - it is so nice to be there for her birthday. She is so adorable. It's hot here in Tampa so hope your enjoying the weather.

BabyKazfan said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEEZA FROM nANA ANS PAPA
Wish we were there to help celebrate. We'll celebrate when you come home.

Love the little videos. she is definitely showing signs of a little temper.
Hi to Sean. We love you and miss you all

BabyKazfan said...

happy birthday me and u have the same birth day lols

Jonathan

Catalina said...

Happy Birthday, multi-task gilrl!!!! The best present ever for her birthday will be her parent`s and big brother`s presence itself. Forget about 50 $ diapers :). She will soon dont need them anymore.....
Very cute pictures.
Love,
Catalina

Jennifer said...

I think by the time you get my comment, it will be the birthday day so I'll say it now and tomorrow for double the fun: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :-)

Wow, she is a multi-tasker! Even I can't pee and clap at the same time! :-D Sorry.

I can't recall what we paid for diapers last year in Kaz, but I do know I can't wait to get them off my grocery bill now! $50-60 bucks is WAY excessive though- holy cow!

The cup slapping video is exactly like Gigi! Oh my gosh! Whenever she gets frustrated or mad at something, she makes the exact same swiping/hitting motions.

Miss Baby Blues is gorgeous as ever!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LEEZA!! I hope the caregivers...um...I mean, LEEZA, enjoyed her birthday cake. :-)

Angela said...

I am back to say Happy Birthday! I hope you all have a great time celebrating today!!!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Happy birthday, Leeza!

Susan, I'm so glad you and Sean are there with her on her special day. Joe, I know you'll be celebrating from afar.

I remember those expensive diapers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Leeza!

Love,

your little Kaz cousin Alexa ;-)

Trudi said...

Leeza is obviously SO BRIGHT. I LOVE how intense she is with her toys. You have a brilliant child on your hands - brilliant and beautiful!