Saturday, September 6, 2008

Silly Saturday!








It was a laid back Saturday at the baby house, and we only took 9 pictures of Leeza! That is a record!! She was a happy girl today, and very silly, cracking herself up and laughing at her crazy brother. She was happy to see Tatiana today too. It was nice having Tatiana with us on our visit today. She is so sweet and just fun to be around! It was also nice to get a picture of the 3 of us...so thanks Tatiana!! We also finally got to see some other American's today-albeit very briefly! Kelly and her husband Doug, from Maine, are here and another gal, Natasha, is also adopting, thru an agency called MAPS. I think we will see a lot of Natasha since she is adoptiong a child from Leeza's group. I would imagine we'll hav the same vistitation times. I had "met" Kelly thru our blogs, while we have both waited a loooooooooong time to come to Kostanai! It was nice to meet her in person! She recognized me and said Hello, and Happy birthday to Leeza and Hi to Sean. I was glad, because I am not sure I would have known it was her. Her and her husband seem very cool, and I am excited to get to know them better. There are apparently 2 other couples here too,from AFTH (another agency), but we haven't seen them at all. They really do try to keep us all seperated, and the coordinators seem weirded out if we talk to each other. I really don't get it, but maybe they are afraid we'll trade stories and compare or something? I don't know-all I can figure is that it's a culture thing.

Leeza woofed down her soup (as usual), it wasn't beets today, but turned her nose up at the second course. She was very busy with her stacking cups today. She was into her birthday Peek a Boo book and her cups, but Tatiana was having fun playing with her Elmo/cookie monster toy. We were talking about how much Leeza has changed since we met her 5 weeks ago. It really is so amazing to witness! She is such a silly, sweet lil thing! She likes to dance by rocking back and forth. I still remember on the first day when she was rocking because she was so scared, and my heart just broke and I wanted to just LOVE HER UP! Now, she rocks because she is jamming to the ABC bear sing. I MUCH prefer that, and she sings too, quite beautifully, may I add.
It was much warmer out today... I was able to wear my sleeveless beaded tank top from Steinmart and my denim shorts and sandals quite comfortably. We also took Leeza outside for a walk. It was warm, but Leeza was bundled up. Sean and Tatiana went to the store to get snacks, and Leeza tried to grab her mommy's diet coke. It was cute!






Breaking news at the Dolphin Baby House

The big news around the baby house is that Dr. Irina is retiring! She turned 58 in July, and apparently that is the age that women can retire here...and it's 63 for men (according to the lovely Tatiana). We'll find out more on Monday, but, I think she is already gone and her replacement has been named. I am sad because I really liked her, and her reputation is so widespread! When you say Dolpin baby house you just think Dr. Irina! There is even a picture of her at the Kostanai museum with a picture of some of the babies in the baby house!! Joe is bringing with him a big donation of things from 2 Hearts for Hope. I was (well, I still am) so excited to bring it to Dr. Irina and to explain what 2 Hearts for Hope is and how much the Americans love the children of Kazakhstan.

A wonderful charity
Two Hearts for Hope is a WONDERFUL charity put together by two wonderful women, Stacy Segebarth and Kim Prud'homme
who adopted from Kaz and now have an organization that gives to orphans in Kazakshtan. I have enjoyed shopping for the requested items each month and shipping them to Stacy, who keeps track of storing and distributing the goods. It is a charity that we will continue to be involved in when we get back home. In fact, I am sure my friends and family will become very familiar with this charity because Leeza Grace and I are going to be big advocates of it! I am thinking walkathons..strollathons....car washes...cute baby contests......who KNOWS what!!! Being here and meeting these children and the caregivers and seeing this baby house is TRULY a life changing experience. I am so thankful that Stacy and Kim had the foresight and knowledge to start such a wonderful organization that gives back! They do so much here for the children and they have so little. I really wish we could adopt them all! The kids are SOOOOOOOOOOOO precious!
The website is www.heartsforhope.blogspot.com if you'd like to see the kinds of things they are collecting now.

Of course, I am still excited to bring all the wonderful stuff that is being shipped to us, and to explain it, but we will be presenting it to the new person in charge, whoever that may be. I am sure they will really appreciate it as well, just as Dr. Irina would . Dr. Irina won't be in court with us either, which is a bummer, because she seemed to like us. :) Sean's hair is getting VERY long-he looks like a girl. I have told him he needs a haircut before court,but he insists that he'll let his Dad trim his bangs ONLY. {sigh}

Dad's on his way back!!! yay!!
Joe has booked his flights back and bless his heart, he has many stops to get here.
He is going Tampa-DC (Dullus)-Frankfurt-Almaty-Astana-Kostanai. ICK! He overnights in Almaty and leaves early for Astana. The good thing is that his layovers are short...a 3 hour layover in Frankfurt is the longest one, and then he arrives at almost midnight in Almaty and takes off for Astana at 6:15 am. His visa should arrive on Wednesday. Good thing he applied for it the DAY he got back!
He arrives here a week from Sunday, the 14th (yay!!!) at 11:35 am. So, he will be able to see Leeza Grace's sweet lil face on Sunday after he arrives! I think he will be suprised how much smarter and more beautiful she has gotten in the short 2 1/2 weeks he has been gone.

Only 11 more days until court! Our homestudy arrived yesterday-that was the last document that we were waiting on. Our agency closed before it was apostilled so I was a tad freaked out about it getting here, but our adoption angel was on our side. I have been singing "Our God is an awesome God" quite a bit!

Sean is busy because his first week of make up work has arrived. He is working on his vocabulary now!

Camping in Kostanai!

We have something else exciting to look forward too...the water in the entire city of Kostanai is being turned off Tuesday night and being turned back on Friday night. I have filled up our empty 5 litre bottles of water (we have 3 so far),a bucket, and our pans and kettle full of water so we can flush.
It will be oh so fun, we can pretend we are CAMPING! It will be back on by the time Joe gets here on Sunday, so I'm sure he is disapointed he can't go camping with us.

18 comments:

Susan said...

Darn, I knew I would miss out on all the fun.... I haven't been camping since I was a kid....a very long time ago. I'm anxious to get back, get court out of the way and move to the final stage. I too am sad to see Dr. Irena gone as she was really impressed with us and especially Sean. While I was home, I looked at early pictures and compared to recent ones and was shocked at how much Leeza has changed. Well, it's off to the donut shop (one of our beach hangouts) with some friends. Love to Susan, Sean and Leeza and see you in 8 days.

Our Family of Bloggers said...

I'm glad you got to wear that beaded tank! Wasn't that the forbidden shirt from Sean's field trip?
Great post!
XO

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Love the video, especially big bro in the background. He is 10, after all. :-)

Max is sitting here with me -- he loves to watch the videos, too! He keeps pointing, and says, "Baby." I've explained to him that he'll meet Leeza Grace and her big bro Sean as soon as possible, and he is very, very excited!

I forgot to mention your hot outfit - yesterday's comments were about Leeza Grace's bday, of course, but don't think I didn't notice your hot Kaz mama outfit. HA!

We're off to a Russian Festival today -- who knew that Cincinnati had a Russian Festival?! It is so fun to discover all of these new things in our fine city.

We love reading Joe's comments, too. We cannot wait for you all to be reunited!

Enjoy the camping. :-)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet Leeza! Really cute pictures of her with her cake.

Glad to hear that Daddy is making plans to reunite with Mommy, Sean and Leeza! Thinking good thoughts the visa arrives without issue and the flights are smooth.

Have fun "camping". Do they sell marshmallows in Kaz?

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That's sad about Dr. Irina leaving. She did a great job and was very nice. I am glad you'll be able to bring stuff from Two Hearts for Hope, but I am sorry you won't be giving it to Dr. Irina!

I am glad you got your home study, and I hope Joe's visa arrives on schedule. I know you'll be so happy to see him, if only for a short while.

Jeannine said...

Glad to hear you received your HS. All my blessings!

marsrob said...

Love your attitude about the water being turned off...camping! Seriously, your brain is organized in such a positive way!!! Love the photos of the 3 of you and very happy for you that your sweetie is returning soon! xoxoxo

Kim said...

You are so sweet. Thank you for the great "shout out." :) We are so happy you were able to take some stuff to bless the children at the Dolphin BH.

(BTW - stay away from Wonder Pets!!!)

Stacy said...

Thank you for the shout out. You Rock. We are so glad that you are taking time and space to bring stuff to Kostanai for us.!! Thanks joe so are to sweet to pack it all away and have an extra bag to lug around!! Sorry about Dr. Irina, I have read many stories about how wonderful she is!! Glad your time with Leeza is going goos. Too cute that you match today!!!!!!

Trudi said...

Loved the video - so glad Sean is behaving like a normal 10 year old bro. Too cute. And Leeza "got it" too. She really likes the ABC song - I loved how she perked up when you started singing.

And happiest note of all - Joe is coming and won't miss out on all the fun for long!

I have no doubt you all will impress the new doc and that he or she'll get a full report from Dr. Irina.

Unknown said...

LOL!!! The diet coke picture is awesome!! Its so cool that Joe's bringing back all of that stuff with him. You have a lot to look forward to. I hope your week of camping flies by. So was Sean happy to get all of his make-up work? Party time is over!!

Karen said...

Say what's the tune you're playing? Rock the kazbah! Another great blog--how do you do it? You've covered a lot today. First off, so glad to hear you'll be reunited with Joe on Sunday. Second, good luck with the camping. That's a looooong time to be without water. What's up with that? And finally love the sweet pictures of the three of you(only 9 today?) and video. Keep blogging sistah!!!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Great pics of the three of you. lad to hear that Joe will be there soon. I know that Leeza has missed him! Sorry to hear that the water will be turned off but at least you'll have the internet.

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Glad to see that you have met Kelly and Doug. They have been up to see us and spent some time with Tougy after we came home. I hope you all have fun together.

I agree that there is a zany psychosis when it comes to interacting with folks from other agencies. Each agency seems afraid that you will jeopardize something, or either say or learn something you shouldn't have. Hard to explain until you see it first hand.

So glad the infamous beaded tank top finally made its big blog debut. Thanks for the great updates. Take Care.

Us

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm sure Joe will be sorry he missed that ;-)

You are still trucking along with a smile on your face, and it's awesome to hear. Leeza is a lucky girl.

Shannon

Angela said...

The countdown for Daddy's return begins! We didn't have water yesterday morning - I wondered how long it would last . . . just long enough for us not to be able to take showers before we went to see Alia. I was freaking out about the toilets, then Luba showed me all these bottles of water in the utility closet. Yes, they think ahead like all of you Kostanaians.

Great photos as always. Glad you have all your documents - can't wait for you to get to court!

It is so great that you are able to take donations!!!! I hope we can do that our second trip as well.

Matthew Ruley said...

Wow it seems to be happening so fast! While we were in Kaz, it never seemed this fast. I guess cause we have the comforts of home here.

11 days ! Yeah! You guys look great and very happy! Have a safe trip Joe!

Jennifer said...

I almost spewed my beverage when I read, "It will be oh so fun!" I can just hear you saying that!

Joe is coming back already?! (Well, next week.) Wow, time really is moving isn't it?

I have no idea why the PAP's aren't allowed to get together, but that's the way it was last summer for us too. Luckily we all had cell phones, so as soon as we were all dropped off at our respective places, we just got on our phones, discussed a place to meet, and "snuck" out for the rest of the day to all hang out together. :-) Naughty us! Our interpreter didn't mind at all, but the interpreter of two of the couples found out and got FLAMING mad!!! The couples still continued to sneak out. :-)

I can't believe court is getting so close. That is so awesome!! I just get tingles thinking about it.