Sunday, October 12, 2008

So much DRAMA for her MOMMA



Yesterday was the toughest yet
All Leeza wanted to do was fret

There was NOTHIN Mom could do at all
Which made Leeza scream and bawl

Cranky Leeza with a "tude"
Tried hard to get me to match her mood

Tatiana and Ivan were scared and made a quick escape
I've never seen them leave so fast with their mouths all agape

Tatiana called me later and asked me, "What is wrong with Leeza?"
I said, "oh that's been our day, she's not a people pleaza"

However, today, has been much better!!
It's been chilly outside too so we'll need a sweater!!

I guess learning to walk makes a girl super cranky
I felt like crying myself but I didn't have a hanky

My girl Leeza-she's got a mind of her own
But I guess that's better than some mindless clone

I may be checkin out those "strong willed" child books
Or we may be out and public and we'll be gettin those "looks"

I may be that mom with the frazzled face
But I still love my Leeza Grace!!


Since I don't know how to reduce the size of my the video on the camera I have, I haven't been doing videos cuz they are like 37 mg and my computer is about full, HOWEVER, I found this one from back in the days at the baby house, on Sept 8th, over a month ago, before I sat on my Canon camera and broke it. :) This is a brief sampling of how our day went yesterday, but turn up the volume about 10 degrees, if you please.



Jennifer Robinson reminded me that when kiddo's are reaching major milestones (like, oh, maybe living with your mom instead of at the baby house where you spent your first 10 months of your life, or , maybe eating new food, shopping at the mall, LEARNING TO WALK, etc) that they often are cranky and sleep less. That makes sense because Leeza woke up at 7 this morning, where she has been sleeping until almost 9. Now her naps are all way earlier..in fact , she is down for her second nap already at 1:00, which is 2 hours earlier than normal. At least she is a happy camper today, cuz we are going shopping when she wakes up!

We did go out to dinner last night, and met Ivan, Tatiana, Kelly and Doug and Natasha at a new place called the Nautulis. It was pretty cool and Leeza did pretty well-and Kelly helps out with Leeza so I can eat something! Leeza ate half my greek salad and some chicken noodle soup. She is not such a picky eater anymore-maybe she is learning to trust that even though our food is different, it's still good stuff. She is lovin yogurt, cheese, apples, bananas, and pears. Ivan and Tatiana ended up driving me home because I needed to go to the grocery store. They helped me up to my apt and I set Leeza on the potty and all HELL broke loose. She was having a total spaz attack. Tatiana and Ivan looked semi-horrified and left rather quickly. Tatiana called me later to make sure everything was 'ok'. I said, oh yeah, that was our day today, Leeza was fine, just asserting her independence. After a poop on the potty, a bath, and some warm milk, she was sound asleep. All in a day's work as a Momma I suppose......but I prefer the happier ones myself. :)

Joe is IN TRANSIT, on his way to Frankfurt right now. Yay! He will be here in less than 24 hours!
Leeza has stood on her own today, but hasn't walked a step without falling. She gets too excited and loses her balance. It's really cute to watch her though!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Almost home! So excited for you all to make your way back - safe journeys with beautiful Leeza Grace!!!

dnd82001 said...

Hey Lady sorry you had a tough one today but I'm sure they will be few and far between so you will continue on with your happy little girl!

Glad Joe is on his way - Dennis left Fridy night and arrived in Almaty on your Sunday morning. What hotel are you in when in Almaty?

I love the little video, I'm guessing that is a typical baby reaction with the instant wailing right??? Nicholas pulled a few little tantrums like that and since I'm a first time Mom it is unsetteling so I am hoping he doesn't have too many more when he is home (yeah right - who am I kidding)!!

I'm so happy you are coming to the end on this very long road you have been traveling on during this part of the journey as I am sure you are ready to go home.

Stay well and hugs to you, Leeza and Joe!

PS -- By the way girl you really do love to shop don't you - Leeza is one lucky little girl?!?!?!

Darlene

Sandi said...

Susan,
Glad to read that Leeza has melt downs and tantrum was starting to wonder if you got kid of the year :) Of course as a second time mom it doesn't frazzle you as much as the rest of us. So happy Joe is in transit, he should be in Kaz now or almost? He will be happy to know Tampa Bay won last night :)

Your last night without Joe. Enjoy girl time this is it for awhile

Sandi

Joby and Marla said...

Poor Baby..... Poor Mama!!!!

Growing Pains are so difficult but definitely worth it!!!!!

I think Leeza is just ready to go home to Florida & see her brother Sean.

marsrob said...

Ok, friend! Hang in there - it might get more challenging before it gets easier! Everything is new and it is natural for Leeza to start testing you in lots of ways! LOVE YOU AND LEEZA!!!

Anonymous said...

My Kaz girl is a little strong-willed herself ;-) Must be something in the water!
Shannon

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Some days are less fun than others...I am so happy Joe is on his way and you are so close to bringing her home.

Jill said...

Glad to see you have not lost your rhyming skill and sense of humor through Leeza's challenges! She is accomplishing a doing a lot right now -- takes a lot out of you learning to walk, etc! It will be great to have Joe there soon:-)! Hang in there, you are almost home!!

Karen said...

Even when she's cranky she's still so darn adorable. Walking is hard work, no wonder she needs to vent. Can't wait to see Joe's reaction to all this change. He's halfway there—woo-hoo. Then you're off the cool city of Almaty.

Karen said...

Even when she's cranky she's still so darn adorable. Walking is hard work, no wonder she needs to vent. Can't wait to see Joe's reaction to all this change. He's halfway there—woo-hoo. Then you're off the cool city of Almaty.

Trudi said...

Ah, so normal. And Jen is right - those milestones kick a few new things into gear. She could be teething or perhaps constipated a bit by the new foods? All in all, remember this is normal. Leeza was too good to be true for a while there - she's catchin' up now! Glad Joe will be there to pitch in.

Kelly and Sne said...

Yay! First steps! Boo! Bad day! But, it is to be expected... she is female after all. ha!

Tricia said...

The photo is just so precious. She's even cute when cranky!

Joyce said...

Well, we are all crabby sometimes! The good thing is somehow, we all get over it! She's still your little princess, and after crabby, you can rejoice in the wonderful days.
Love and support to the Mama!
Joyce