Friday, October 3, 2008

The "Delivery" Of Leeza Grace Serra



The labor pains are all forgotten already-as my new "roomie" is asleep in her playpen in my room!! My 9 week labor is OVER and now begins the joyous task of enjoying our daughter!!! I am so incredibly grateful for the amount of time we've already spent together because the transition has been so wonderful (well, the first 3 hours and 45 minutes of it, anyway. :) )


I didn't sleep well last night....it felt like Christmas Eve!! It reminded me of when I was little and tried so hard to sleep because I knew if I didn't, Santa wouldn't come!!! However, I musta fooled him by keeping my eyes shut...because I got the best gift ever asleep right now in her playpen!!!




I already have her schedule ALL screwed up. :)
We left the baby house 10:00, which is right at her naptime. She was falling asleep in the car, as much as she could with that big bulky snowsuit on. :)
However, once we got in the apartment, she woke right up!!





She was all wide eyed, looking all around. I put her down to take off my coat and purse, and she fussed, so I picked her right back up and we walked around. I led her over and spread her blanket out and had her oh so familiar toy bag out. She crawled right over and started stacking her rings! I gave her a cracker and some juice, and she was diggin it. I think the key to keeping Leeza happy is to always have food. :)





She did have time for one last snack at the baby house, so she ate some fruit (apples) and a cookie. She was cute eating at the table with her buddies.







I will sure miss all of them but I have so many wonderful pictures that I can fondly look back on. The caregivers were so sweet, and gave me a scarf as a way to remember them. The medical nurse told Tatiana that they all fell in love with me and Sean. Suprisingly, I did not cry saying goodbye like I thought I would. I was so excited and it just felt "right" to move onto our next chapter. The only time I did cry was when Asiil and Almagoul (Leeza's main 2 caregivers) gave me the scarf and hugged and kissed me goodbye and told me to take good care of Leeza. My eyes filled with tears and they wiped my eyes and said "Ne plach" (don't cry!). I told them they were 2 of the hardest working women I'd ever met, and thank you for doing such a good job with Leeza.

Everyone at the Dolphin baby house is so special and so wonderful. I am so glad that Leeza had her start here. They told me again how much Leeza has changed since we met her family, and maybe that is so, but this lil angel had a rough start and they took such good care of her before her parents could come get her! They told me I could come back anytime with Leeza before we leave town. We will be making one trip back that Joe can deliver all the toys, puzzles, and books that he purchased to donate to the baby house.




Even though I have already managed to screw up her nap and lunch schedule, I still set her on the potty after her snack. She "made pecet" like a good girl and had a blast in the bathroom. She is really fun!!!







I tried to feed her some lunch about 12:30, since we totally missed her 11:30 lunch time. I made some soup (opened the bag, and poured it in a bowl, heated in the microwave) and tore up some bread. She took one bite, and blew raspberries at me.
I'm not sure so much if she didn't like it, or if she was just full from all the crackers and juice I gave her. I made her some apple tea too from this HIPP brand, and she drank a lil bit of that.

While I made lunch, I put on Baby Einsein's "Baby Bach" and she watched it and played with her toys. I would come check on her every few minutes and she was fine! After about 20 minutes, she crawled over to the kitchen to see what was up.
She is likin the walker too. I gave her some cheerios, but she just threw them on the floor. LOL





I could tell she was tired, so I laid her down in the playpen, with her "soska", and the elephant I've been sleeping with for months and months. I figured it had the "mommy smell" and that would comfort her. It was amazing..I laid her down, and told her SPOT LEEZA and then I laid down on my bed. She didn't fuss, shut her eyes, and that was that!

I should be sleeping while she is, but I'm too excited and I wanted to update my blog so everyone could see that Leeza and her mom are ROOMIES and getting along fabulously so far!

It just feels natural to have her with me, like this is just the way it has always been and the way it should be. Now, we just gotta get home to see Daddy and Sean, and meet Joey and Jillian, and Nana and Papa, and Mimi and Bobbo, and all her aunts and uncles and cousins!

Joe is planning on leaving on the 11th, a week from tomorrow. He will arrive in Kostanai on Monday, October 13th, and hopefully we will be ready to go to Almaty the 14th, and can leave for Tampa on the 18th. If that works, we found killer flights with very lil layovers (only 3 hours in Frankfurt). We were not opposed to staying overnight in Frankfurt and wanted to try to stay overnight in Dallas to see my parents, but it was too hard to work out. However, my mom called Joe and said her and my Dad will give us a week or two to settle in and then they're coming to Florida to meet Leeza!

Leeza will not be the youngest grandchild for long..my sister Noelle (the one who was married in Cabo San Lucas this past November) and her husband Chris are expecting their first child , due on April 12th!

Life is very, very, very good!

I will do my best to keep updating the blog, if Leeza will continue to cooperate with nap time. :)

I am going to go stare at her again. :)

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Before we left, a friend of ours, Kathy Shevlin, sent me this poem, and I find it very fitting for today, the day our daughter, the princess, leaves the Dolphin baby house and starts her journey home to her family!

Today I kissed an angel;
I knew it from the start.
The first time my angel smiled at me;
I gave away my heart.

Today I kissed an angel;
This angel child of mine
Though not of my creation,
My child by God's design.

Today I kissed an angel.
My heart is dancing wild;
Our family, by a miracle;
Blessed by our angel child.


35 comments:

Brian and Patti said...

Congratulations on your new roommate! We are so happy for you!!

Kristen (and Cary) said...

YEAH YEAH YEAH. I am so happy that she is finally with you. What a relief. Your journey has been wonderful to follow. Keep us posted on how she does.

I am so excited for your family - it was a long wait but so worth it.

Patrick & Eileen said...

Congratulations Susan!! How sweet she is.

Thank you for your comments....very helpful!!

I have to keep this short as we have so much to do still before we leave today.

Thinking of you,
Eileen

marsrob said...

Tears streaming down my face. Beautiful poem. Beautiful child. Beautiful mommy. God is GREAT!!!

Tracy said...

COngratulations to all of you Serras. I am so glad that your roommate is with you now. Enjoy every minute of your precious blessing.

So sweet.. She is an angel..

Tracy

Sandi said...

Seriously I can't stop crying. I am so overwhelmed with happiness for you and the entire Serra family. Leeza is such a lucky little girl and she is going to be blown away when you bring her home.

What an amazing journey and all the tears and heartache are now things of the past. You have the most precious gift, your daughter Leeza Grace.

Congratulations and man I can't wait for you to get home. You better send me your itinerary :)

Hugs
Sandi

BabyKazfan said...

Susan - I have goosebumps everyone. Your long awaited angel is finally yours. What an AWESOME God we have to bring Leeza to you.
Congrats to Noelle as well. Your Mom & Dad are going to be very busy.
Can't wait to see you and to meet Leeza.
Love - VA

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Tearful joy.

John & Jenny Morgan said...

You may not have cried, but you made me cry. I am so glad you two are together and that Leeza is adjusting well. Isn't it wonderful to be able to watch Leeza sleep and to simply gaze into those beautiful blue eyes (in person-not pictures!)all day?!

BabyKazfan said...

Fantastic! How great!! We're all really excited to see you guys...it seems like forever has passed. Gosh, I'm really happy for you! I'm happy for our family! We have a few new additions to our family that are completely amazing! And the newest one will be here soon, in a matter of days!

Leesa said...

I'm so happy for you! Have fun with your little princess :-)

Leesa

Anonymous said...

Big tears here!

Congratulations!!!

Enjoy your little roommate.

Diana and Bob

Alysa said...

Congratulations!! Sounds like things are off to a wonderful start! What a journey you have had -- I'm so happy for you!

Leeza is so cute sitting on her potty!

Wow! Heading home by the 18th? I'm expecting to be in Almaty quite a bit longer. Maybe not! Thrilled you were able to get such a short layover in Frankfurt. Ny 7 hours is going to be painful.

I'm traveling, so will catch up in a couple of days. Happy mommyhood to your darling girl!

Aaron and Julie said...

Congratulations to the Serra family!!! What a day! The tears are flowing as I read your post and look back on your journey to get to this day. God is amazing and his timing is perfect. The Christmas feeling will continue for awhile - enjoy it!! Each day gets better and more amazing, even when there are challenges. It won't be long until you are in Almaty, completing the process and on a plane to bring home baby Kaz :)

BabyKazfan said...

I love that picture of her sleeping! What a little sweetie pie. So happy for you- a beautiful end to such a long journey.

Love,

Stacey

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Congratulations! I, too, cried -- especially looking at that sweet picture of her sleeping in her play pen with her elephant. If she can lay right down and sleep like that, you know she feels so comforted and comfortable -- because you made the choice to stay there and be with her for all of this time. We are so, so, so happy for your Susan (and for your entire family). We look forward to updates (when you can), and we'll be cheering you along in the process as Joe gets ready to reunite with his family. We are smiling for you NONSTOP. Seriously, seriously smiling. We just could not be happier.

Tons of love and prayers still coming your way from your Cincinnati friends!

Kim said...

I am crying, crying, crying. Praise God is right! I am so happy for you Susan, you deserve all the happiness in the world. What a great honor it has been to follow your adoption journey.

Hugs,
Kim

Karen said...

Woo-hoo you made it through the delivery with flying colors. Congratulations. Happy days—today, life is so,so good.

Big hugs to the Serra girls,
Karen

kitzkazventure said...

Crying and Crying tears of joy for you! She is just so precious! I wish I had more words but I am just so overwhelmingly happy for you and so thankful that God has placed another one of His precious ones in a special home just for her!
Much Love to you! karen

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Thanks for making me cry at work. As the only female in my office, it doesn't look so good! Just kidding. Thrilled for you and for Leeza and the entire Serra family. As I said in my email- enjoy this quiet time together in Kaz. It is truly priceless.
Enjoy your little princess. Such a wonderful feeling to know that you NEVER have to give her back!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

still following your blog. I am so so happy for you all. It has been a long road for sure; but the sweet prize in the end makes it all worth it. It has been wonderful to follow your journey. Your great attitude is really inspiring to me (and encouraging). The new photos of Leeza are adorable.

Heidi

Gretchen said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and little Leeza!!! Enjoy your time in Almaty, it's a fun town.

Thad and Ann said...

yay!! I'm so happy for you Susan! The last picture melts my heart! aww!

Trudi said...

Just the best post ever. And the last photo of sleeping, content Miss Leeza says it all - she is happy and content and understands. Sigh. It's beautiful.

Jeannine said...

HOORAY!!!!! The picture of Leeza sleeping is adorable. She looks at peace. Ahhhh, I have found my forever family and I am content. :)

dnd82001 said...

Well lovely lady what can I say that hasn't been said already..........what a wonderful journey this has been for you and your family and little Leeza is a precious little gift and how beautiful is she!!!

Enjoy your time together and continued blessings are sent your way!

Darlene

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

So sweetly sleeping. What a beautiful picture. I love the picture of you and Leeza at the babyhouse, you look radiant! Congratulations from the bottom of all our hearts!! Gena, Jaimie and Berik

Tricia said...

That poem has me crying. Happy Gotcha Day! You are going to have fun in Almaty. That is another thing to look forward to. Enjoy your days with Leeza all to yourself, because when you get home you are going to have to share with a lot of people!

Kristi Gruizenga said...

SO happy for you, Susan! I hope things continue to go smoothly with the transition.

Love from,

Kristi and Mieke in Mexico

Angela said...

Oh my goodness. I can completely relate to all of what you are feeling. Who knew while we waited, stalked blogs and made our way through this crazy, uncertain process that we would have our baby girls with us on the same day? I am so glad that everything has gone well with the transition so far. Your departure from the BH sounds just perfect. And, Leeza sounds like she is really enjoying her new home with Mama!

Congratulations, my friend! Congratulations!

Monica said...

Congrats!!! I am SO overwhelmed with happiness for you, Leeza and your whole family! What a journey!
Continued best wishes!!!

Matthew Ruley said...

Woo- hoo! Congrats! You two look very happy - although she is giving you the "what the - pictures, now???" look as she sits on the potty.

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! So great to hear you have her with you now!!! Enjoy your time together!!!

BabyKazfan said...

so crying here.... we are so excited for you... and she is precious....

praying for you always,
Lanetta
www.gobblefamilyadoption.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! I am so incredibly happy for you. October 3 will be a most special day forever!

I know this sounds crazy, but I wish I was able to be there just to watch your joy. You have been at this much longer than you anticipated (thank goodness as you have Leeza), and you have encouraged so many others. Today was your day, and I wish I could have been there as silent, background support and cheerleader!

Much love!