Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Fair Lady


Here is my fair lady, Lill Leeza Grace Serra, decked out in new dress to go to Dolce Vita for a night out. :)
And, who says they don't have cute kid clothes in Kaz?



One of the other CAI families was back in town for their court date to adopt their ADORABLE 17 month old son, Joseph Damir, and they wanted to meet Leeza. Since it was her "debut", I had to dress her up in something cute!!!





She looked VERY ADORABLE, but it was VERY difficult to get a cute picture of her. Most of them are big blurry "action shots."I took my camera to Dolce Vita, but that was a "bit ambitious" to even TRY to get a picture there since there are NO highchairs and I was way too busy making sure she didn't break anything to worry about taking my camera out. :)
She did really well, I even managed to eat my salad for dinner.

I was being quite risky taking her out, since she decided to "skip" her afternoon nap. She did sleep for about an hour and 15 minutes in the morning, so we waited until after lunch (and potty, of course) before we made the trek to Gros to get mommy more Coke Light and coffee creamer. I figured she'd fall asleep in the ergo, since we went about naptime. She finally did fall asleep, but waited until we were almost home. I took her out of the ergo, and tried to put her down, but she just cried. That is very unlike her typical behavior, so, I set her on the potty.
Wouldn't you know it..she had to go. That is why she didn't want to sleep-amazing.

So, we skipped the afternoon nap and ventured out to Dolce Vita to meet Joel and Lori, and Eugene and Tatiana. I was hoping that perhaps Leeza's "cuteness" in her dress would negate any negative whiny behavior resulting from no nap. However, she was really pretty good and was anxious to leave after about an hour, but besides shredding some puffs all over the seat cushion (I am sure they will LOVE me at Dolce Vita), she was really good and her charming self. She was engaging,and giving "high 5's", and friendly to all, as long as Mommy was right beside her. :)

I was talking to my Aunt Jane, who said that my grandma is quite tickled to hear about how Leeza is pretty much potty trained. She said that's the way they did it when she raised her children. However, when people got washing machines, and disposable diapers made their debut, many people gave it up, and were told it was "damaging to the kids psyche's" to make them sit on the potty. It makes sense that they do it here, in Kaz, because in many ways, it's like living back in the 50's. Leeza doesn't seem to have a damaged psyche, she sits on the potty without a problem. It's a great babysitter-she is on the potty while Mommy makes breakfast, and takes a shower. When Mommy isn't busy, I sit there with her and we play. We have learned how to blow kisses, and where is our belly button, all during potty time. We play catch with ball, pass the stacking cups to each other,and read books. I'm simply amazed how trained she is. I'm not sure why us mom's are compelled to talk about poop,BUT, she poops A LOT! She seemed constipated at the baby house, but not at home. I must be doing something right with her diet!!

20 comments:

Amy said...

Susan, she is so beautiful. What a smiley face she has. You must be over the moon ecstatic. Lovely and I agree it was all worth the wait wasn't it? I would do all the paperwork and money and wait over ten times to get to where I am now if I had to and it still would be worth it.

Unknown said...

I love Leeza's outfit!! She is sooooo perfect. :-)

Sarah and Andy said...

So glad to hear everything is going well!!! She's beautiful and I love a girl in pink. I have to agree with you about the potty training; it's awesome!!!

BabyKazfan said...

Oh man! She looks so cute in that little pink outfit! What a sweet little baby doll.

I think early potty training is making a comeback here in the U.S. - it is related to the green movement- I think it is awesome-

Love,

Stacey

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Wow, she does look like a little lady in that adorable outfit!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that outfit.

Leeza's potty training is amazing. I've always thought you didn't even start trying until they are 2 years old. But my mother (old school) on the other hand says every kid is different and many can be potty trained well before their 2nd birthday. I'm learning something.

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, Congrats on a successful first night out! I love Leeza's outfit! Of course she is so adorable you could put her in a funny sack and she would still look like a super model! :) I am so jealous about the potty training. Leeza is definitely going to have to teach MacCaidin! Poor Mac had to have his two year old shots yesterday. We are glad those are over! Do they give you a whole list of the shots Leeza has had to bring home for your pediatrician? You are doing so great out there with the princess Leeza, good job Chickpea, I am proud of you! :)

Kim said...

I love all the pictures. It is so great to read that everything is going super with you gals. I am impressed with the potty!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

That outfit is adorable! Okay, maybe I want a girl after all! hee hee. You are going to look back on these Kaz times with such joy -- your one-on-one time with Leeza is priceless. Although, I'm starting to feel very guilty/non-green as we continue to use our disposable diapers. Maybe we should have given that potty a try! :-) Maybe Max could just visit Auntie Susan and Lil Leeza and come home potty trained?! Blurry or not, those photos are amazing. She is a total beauty.

Karen said...

Such a cute outfit—pink is so her color. I also heard potty training at such a young age could be damaging. Just think if all babies were weaned off diapers by age 2 how much better off would our planet be. I like Kazakhstan 1950's thinking a lot.

Jeannine said...

Cute girl + Cute pink outfit = Pretty in Pink!!

Our Family of Bloggers said...

Seriously, that outfit is too much!
Love it!

marsrob said...

She is a DOLL in that outfit! xoxoxo

Regina said...

Your fair lady, indeed!

Hey, since ladies don't sweat, but glisten, what can we call it when ladies poop? They don't poop, they _____. (Fill in the blank.)

Joyce said...

Hi Susan and Leeza,
Wow Wee! I know I haven't been on the computer for a while, but Leeza is at "home." That is grand! I assume you mean your apt. I am still glad anyways. She is beautiful, and so are you!
Love ya,
Kaz Grandmama Joyce

Trudi said...

that is yet another adorable outfit -- and I love the pj's from yesterday's pix too. I think you are wise to be following along with Leeza's potty training - she is obviously ready. I think the timing all started to push back when my generation was parenting in the 70s. I don't know why that happened but it really seems to have slipped way back now. My daughter was happily potty trained around Leeza's age and she never looked back - in fact she LOVED the idea of pretty frilly panties instead of diapers. And you are so right - it is SOOOOO much easier on you - and, I think, easier on them when they are younger and willing to learn instead of in those aptly named terrible twos. Enough of that - Leeza is just so cute and I adore watching her watch you with such loving eyes.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

What a great outfit -- she looks adorable. And Smart :)

Jennifer said...

What a great outfit!

Leeza is totally WONDER BABY!

My mom says she had me potty trained by the time I was 14 months. I didn't believe it. Now... well... maybe she was telling the truth. :-)

Ok, Leeza REALLY needs to meet Gigi and teach her not only potty business, but also how to eat at a restaurant. :-)

LOL! Just read Regina's comment. Ladies "sit down for a spell?" :-)

Kelly and Sne said...

What an adorable outfit - she is SO cute!

Anonymous said...

You are going to have the most well-dressed baby in Largo - just like her mommy!

And I want your potty training secrets...
Shannon