Saturday, October 25, 2008

Rockstar status, skinny jeans, and Lil Miss Friendly!



A walk in the ergo thru "the hood"....


It's 8:30 am on Saturday morning, and lil Ms. Leeza is still soundly asleep. She is getting caught up on her beauty rest from her busy social life since we've been home for 3 full days!

We are all getting settled, but are not in any kind of routine yet, really. When I was in Kaz for 11 weeks, I didn't really think about "home" and about all my friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors who were also invested in our journey to "Baby Kaz." Since we have been home, as I am sure others can attest to, it's like living a dream and being a rockstar! Everyone is SO excited to meet Leeza and it's REALLY cool and heart warming, but also kinda weird at the same time! We have been to Sean's school, Steinmart, and a walk around the neighborhood and are swarmed with well wishers. It's so WONDERFUL! Leeza is handling being a rockstar very well. She is a very friendly lil girl-she waves and gives everyone high 5's. We were waiting outside of Target at about 3 minutes until 8 yesterday after we dropped big brother off at school, and there were about 5 people waiting with us for them to open the doors. Leeza is waving and talking to everyone while in my ergo (of course!). She is loving being around people and is a very social butterfly, which is perfect because she fits in very well in our lifestyle here at home!


Yesterday, we went over to my friend Lisa's house who has a gorgeous home on the water. Lisa has an almost 10 year old daughter named Kali and a 6 year old son named Chase. The kids were in school, and Leeza got to play in Kali's room, where Lisa and Kali have gone thru all Kali's things and have given Leeza a huge box of stuff. Lisa was trying to get Leeza into Barbie, BUT, Mommy is not crazy about Barbie because I think she creates an unrealistic female body image. :) Leeza was not that into Barbie, but, she was WAY INTO Kali's lil tea set. She spent a loooooooooooong time playing with them, putting them on the tray, then back on the floor, on the tray, then back on the floor. It was really cute!!



Barbie Mania..





Jillian came home Wednesday night to meet her sister and help out. She is the BEST! Leeza likes her a lot and she has been a GODSEND helping me get Leeza's room organized and just helping out in general. Last night, Leeza was tooling around in her "Kaz walker" and Jillian said, "She is just the cutest thing I have ever seen and I need to get up and go to the bathroom, but I want to keep staring at her!" Jillian is also amazed at how I feed Leeza. The other night, I was feeding Leeza on my lap (we don't have a highchair yet) a HUGE bowl of Nana's homemade chicken noodle soup. Leeza, of course, eats the entire bowl with a huge soup spoon. Jillian commented that I sure feed her different than I fed Sean. :)

Leeza has been to Panera, where she ate half of my tomato soup, and to Thai Basil, where she enjoyed a bowl of wonton soup. She is a GREAT eater , so much better than Sean ever was. :) I gotta say-these "baby house" babies are really just so incredible! She had the "runs" when the first day, but because she is the angel baby house baby, it was all "in her potty" so it wasn't too bad. However, I'm happy to report, we're all back to normal again. :)

After all my "complaining" that I was the ONLY MOM to not lose weight in Kaz, I am happy to report that I am back in my "skinny jeans" afterall. I guess I did lose enough weight so that "I'm back in my Sevens" which was has been my goal for about a year.

We're off to the donut shop to meet our friends-and I'll close with some pics from our first morning home...walkin in the neighborhood....



8 comments:

Tricia said...

I love the ergo picture, but she looks more like a movie star than a rock star! Hooray for skinny jeans, but I have to tell you that you made me laugh with your next comment that you were off to the donut shop. Beware, the pounds come back on quick here if you aren't careful. LOL. I can attest to that, unfortunately. Have fun enjoying your rock star status!

Karen said...

Can I have Leeza's autograph? I ditto Tricia's comment about how the pounds can come back fast. Actually, a lot people were concerned about my weight loss so I guess it's good I'm back to "normal" again.

Great update--keep it up. Can't get enough of your little Leeza.

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

I love the barefoot Leeza hanging out in the Ergo. Im glad to see that her inner rockstar is more Buffett than Barbie. Little Miss Magic!!

Look at you and your Sevens - you hipster you.

Tougy has a baby doll that has blond hair and blue eyes that she carries around and calls Leeza. She is all about mothering these days. It is very cute.

Glad Jillian got to come round and spend some time with the lil angel. Take Care.

Sandi said...

I love the update, and glad to hear that all is going well and Leeza is the rock star. So happy Jillian has made it home to meet her sister and hang out.

Skinny minny in your sevens. Watch out St. Pete Hot mom on the loose.

Hope to see you soon,
Sandi

Trudi said...

It is just the BEST to see you at home with Leeza, and Sean pushing her stroller and everyone looking so HOME.

As for those Sevens, it won't be too long (sadly) before you have to go looking for them in Leeza's closet :)

Matthew Ruley said...

Holy crap you're not kidding Barbie Mania!! That is alot of Barbies.

I was so hungry in Kaz that I started putting on the pounds the moment we got home. 5 months and 20 pounds later, I need to go back on my diet!

But I never had skinny jeans to begin with - at least not since 6th grade!

Joyce said...

Leeza is just one of the most beautiful baby girls I know! She is right up there with MY Gigi! Susan, I have found that along with tea sets and little dishes, the little ones love play foods....you know, the kind that velcro together. I just know she would love them. She is just so adorable! Welcome home and keep enjoying life and your wonderful family.
Love,
Grandmama Kaz/Joyce

Joyce said...

Leeza is just one of the most beautiful baby girls I know! She is right up there with MY Gigi! Susan, I have found that along with tea sets and little dishes, the little ones love play foods....you know, the kind that velcro together. I just know she would love them. She is just so adorable! Welcome home and keep enjoying life and your wonderful family.
Love,
Grandmama Kaz/Joyce