Friday, October 10, 2008

Round Round get Around-she gets around!



Remember the Beach Boys hit? That is what Leeza and Mom are up to!

We get bugged by going down the same ole strip..
We gotta find new places where the kids are hip...

The princess,and me, we're gettin real well known
yeah, the bad guys know us and they leave us alone..


We get around round round round, we get around!!


Leeza is now asleep for her morning nap, and I don't have that many new pictures to post, but if I don't post now, it probably won't be happenin!

Leeza and I had a good day yesterday-we left the house after lunch, (and potty, of course) around 2 and didn't get him until around 5:30. We went to the market to get more bananas (I am so glad she LOVES bananas!) and then went in a few stores just lookin. It was the stores I used to frequent pre-Leeza, and the store clerks were really sweet to Leeza. She was giving them high 5's and smiling away.

We met Kelly,Doug, and Natasha at Dolce Vita for pizza and beer at 3. Leeza did pretty well, considering she had not had her afternoon nap. Kelly helped while I ate my pizza. Leeza was flirting with a couple behind us and their lil boy. After we ate, we walked around this "Mall" that is on top of the new Gros. It was interesting,and Leeza fell asleep. I got a 5 litre bottle of water and we walked home. She probably took a 45 minute nap, which is better than nothing. I am LOVIN that Ergo...she is really good about staying in it. I did let her "out" at Dolce Vita though, and let her stand beside me. I will be grateful for American high chairs in restaurants I think!

Once we got home, Leeza was "hungry as a hunter" (Tatiana's phrase) and I COOKED. I had defrosted the left over pork and beef and potatoe that Tatiana had left, and cooked those, and made mashed potatoes. The cutlets weren't as good as Tatiana's (a lil on the crispy side) AND the mashed potatoes had lumps, but Leeza did not seem to notice and ate a HUGE bowl. :) She is becoming "less" of a picky eater and the stuff she does like, she eats A LOT of! I no longer worry about starving her!

After dinner, potty, and bathtime (which is going much better, as long as you don't try to wash her hair), she was pretty cranky! I put her down to bed about 8:15 and about 8:30 my doorbell rang. I was like "Huh? is that me??" and there was bangin on my steel door. It was Tatiana and Eugene comin over for a visit! The cell phone wasn't getting any coverage (that happens sometimes-weird, it just says SEARCHING) and they were checking to see if we needed groceries or anything they could do for us. I SO LOVE THEM! They really take good care of us. :) Of course, Leeza started makin some noise wanting to know who came over....so I got her up. She was FLIRTIN with Eugene and givin high 5's and blowing kisses! Oh my!!! It was pretty cute!! He said..Wow, is she ever cute. Look at her FLIRTING WITH ME-is she learning that from her momma?" LOL ...

Leeza's passport should be here Monday-and we have a flight out of here on Tuesday, HOWEVER, I am seeing if we can change it to Wednesday. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE SUGGGESTIONS ON HOTEL VS APT! I have Eugene looking into an apartment for us. If we can't get one, then at least we have some good hotel recommendations. I think we will make due with whatever!! I think that would be easiest and best to be in an apt, since we will be there from Wednesday night until Tuesday morning at 1 am. I am sad to leave my familiar town of Kostanai, but excited too knowing that we are closer to getting Leeza Grace home ! She has so many people who are so excited to meet her, plus her mom needs a haircut! HA!

I am also excited to see Almaty as I hear it's a neat city...but expensive!

Advance Notice: I do not expect us to have internet service in Almaty-so don't expect any blog updates. :) I will get a dial up card though if we can, but I am just preparing myself now to not have the access, so I am giving you advance notice 5 days ahead of time!


God bless you EVERYONE!
I also want to thank EVERYONE who reads this for your prayers, support, and encouragement for our journey to bring home "Baby Kaz." I could not have stayed in Kostanai getting to know my daughter for the 9 weeks it took to 'bust her out' without the support of my friends who really "stepped up" to help take care of Sean. Sean had many offers to watch him for the week that Joe comes back to bring us home, and for that I am so GRATEFUL! I am so blessed to have Laura, who took care of Sean, and Jill, who watched Miles for us, and Lee, who is watching Sean for us while we bring Leeza home. I have very thoughtful friends and I am so grateful that Sean is so happy and taken care of. Thank you to Virgina too for letting Sean play over at your house on Sunday!!!I don't even think he misses his momma...but I know he misses his sister!!!

The friends I have made on this journey are so special to us and I have learned so much from all of my other adoptive blogga momma's. I am sincerely grateful, from the bottom of my heart, for all of you who continue to follow along and for your wonderful words of wisdom, and your prayers and good wishes.
We love you VERY VERY MUCH! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I look so forward to Kazapoolza 2009 in June where we can meet face to face!

I love ya'll--THANK YOU AGAIN!



16 comments:

dnd82001 said...

It has truly been a pleasure and honor to follow your journey!

So happy you are getting closer to being home and being together as a family - it's been a long while and I'm sure though you are sad to leave Kaz life will be wonderful when you get home!!

Darlene

PS The hotels in Almaty although expensive and not so nice for the money, but since it is the big city have WI-FI and I'm thinking the same holds true for the apartment rentals.

Sandi said...

I love the post and that your still seeing Eugene and Tatiana. Just a few more days and Joe will be there, how wonderful.

I hope you are able to enjoy Almaty and meet up with Alysa and Brady.

Keep enjoying your time and making lasting memories of Kostanai.

Hugs to you guys,
Sandi

John & Jenny Morgan said...

You don't like that Ergo one bit, do you?! I'm glad that you have it and that Leeza likes it so much. Yes, restaurant high chairs are wonderful things, and Leeza will be sitting in one before you know it! :)

Aaron and Julie said...

I can't believe your time in Kostonai is finally coming to a close! We enjoyed our 9 weeks in Almaty and I hope you enjoy your time there - though it is a 'big city' and it might take a little bit to gain your bearings :) I love all the Leeza photos AND it is I who have learned so much from you!

Tricia said...

You are almost at the last leg of your journey! You did it! You will really like Almaty if you are able to get out and look around. It feels a little more like home (well, Philly that is - with mountains of course). I hope you will get to visit Kok Tobe and Medeu. They are just beautiful. The ergo will be perfect for touring around so you won't have to worry about steps. R still gets a little wigged out with the hair washing. I think it goes back to getting sprayed in the face with the hand held shower during his quickie "baths" at the baby house. It has been great following your journey with Leeza. Can't wait to see photos of you all together in Florida.

Trudi said...

It's amazing that you are getting close to leaving.........I for one am going to x my fingers that you do have an internet connection in Almaty because I do not know what I will do without my daily Leeza/Susan fix! There just HAS to be Wifi!

MM said...

Hey Chickpea, You are so close! Enjoy your last few days in Kostenai and good luck in Almaty. I know all will go great! We will be moving over the next few days so I may be off your blog, but you know I am always thinking of you and sending good wishes and prayers your way! Congrats on all of your progress. A new journey for you now as you prepare to head home! Love ya!

Karen said...

You give a lot of love and in return you getta love. Why else would Eugene and Tatiana stop by after hours? They love you and Princess Leeza, no doubt about it. Although our driver and translator did their jobs adequately, we never saw hide nor hair of them until they picked us up for the airport. In fact, that was the case for most families in Uralsk. So you are definitely special!!!

We did get the royal treatment from some of the local friends we made—Masha, Alexandria and Siam. They hung out with us the final week, taking us to dinner and showing us around town. So we were far from neglected. :-)

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

Are you kidding me? You're off to Almaty ALREADY! It seems like you just got to Kaz. :-) Okay, so it really is NEXT WEEK, and that is so amazing to type those words. Start surfing the internet now while you still have it for halloween costume ideas. You might not be on the internet much once you're home, either. I'm picturing a little bumble bee or a lady bug or something very pink. LOL. Leeza will be beautiful no matter what her attire.

I am also already picturing you toting your lap top to an Almaty wi-fi hot spot with Leeza asleep in the Ergo. I simply can't imagine no posts for a week!

Have a great final weekend in Kostanai. Bittersweet, but so amazing that you've come this far.

Karen said...

Ooops.. I meant to write: you give a lot of love and in return you getta lot of love.

Angela said...

Thanks for the bath tip - I will share with Scott! I wonder if he has tried to give Alia a bath since that first night. I felt really bad for him that she freaked because he loves giving baths and she got SO upset.

Well, I am going to miss my daily dose of Kostanai sunshine. You HAVE to keep updating at home, okay? Thanks for allowing me to share your beautiful (and at times hair-raising) journey to Leeza Grace. I remember when we started emailing each other a little more than a year ago and now we have our baby girls home on the same day! Amazing!

You have been so helpful and supportive so many times - thanks, Susan!

Enjoy Almaty!

Jeannine said...

Yay! You'll be home soon. Let me know when I can come for a visit to meet princess Leeza. I'll be patient and wait to hear from you.

I pray that you continue to have a possitive experience during your next leg and your journey home.

Amy said...

Have a great flight to Almaty, a great stay there, and a fast flight home!! Congratulations on making it to the other side of the rainbow!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're starting your "goodbye Kaz" stories!! Wow. It sounds like you have amazing friends back in ol Tampa Bay Florida - wish I could count myself among them WHEN YOU RETURN. Oh well, soon. (BTW I'm raelly homesick - you probably know a bit about that huh??).

Almaty is expensive but nice. Get a Nursat card and you are find with internet, I think. Be sure to get miss Leeza an outfit from Mothercare so she and Alexa can share stories about their cute (expensive) outfits! Can't wait to hear about the next stage.

Shannon

Anonymous said...

p.s. the mocha loca place on the pedestrian mall in almaty has free wifi - they don't advertise it, but now you know ;-)

Jennifer said...

Oh I just love that first picture so much. Leeza is sooooooo beautiful.

Congratulations on the cooking Mom!

Thanks for the warning on potentialy no internet in Almaty. A bummer as I won't be able to get my Leeza fix, but understandable.

I've loved following your journey. You are such an inspiration in the blogger world.