Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ya Ustala!! (means..I'm tired, in Russian)




There is a popular Russian song that I used to hear on the radio in Tatiana and Eugene's car and the dude would sing "Ya Ustal" and my limited Russian knew the words from my "learn Russian tape" and it means I'M TIRED!

I don't understand how such a sweet lil girl


can leave her Mommy so exhausted by the end of the day! Last night, I put her to bed at 8:30 and I was in bed by 9 and asleep by 9:05. I was tempted to even skip brushing my teeth I was so beat, but since I never wash my face before I go to bed anymore, I figured it would be extra gross to not brush my teeth either. It feels weird to go to sleep without my pink elephant that I have slept with for the past several months, but it appears that Leeza sure likes to snuggle with it, so I was glad I did it! I also miss snuggling with my hubby!! Only 5 more nights and he's here! yay!!!

My lil angel is asleep right now, our morning nap, so Mommy has time to update her blog. I should be showering, or cleaning up, but that is so boring.
Check out Leeza's eyelashes..and NO, IT'S NOT MAYBELLINE!


We both hang out in our jammies until after lunchtime. :)




Yesterday, we met Tatiana in front of Dolce Vita (about a 10 minute walk) and rode the bus to the baby house. There is one more CAI family on the way, and she was going to talk to the head teacher about the kiddo's. Leeza fell asleep on the way, and it such a gorgeous day, I even took her hat off! We went to visit Almagoul and Asiil (her caregivers) and they were very happy to see us. :) Leeza woke up while we were talking and gave them both high 5's. They said "Pashlee, Pashlee" (come to me) but Leeza snuggled close to mommy. She was all about giving them smiles, and high 5's, and even playing Peek a boo with them, but she wasn't getting out of mom's ergo-NO WAY! They told us that another lil boy in the group plays PEEK A BOO on the potty every day now (we used to do that) and that even the caregivers now say PEEK A BOO instead of "Cukoo" which is the Russian 'Peek a boo'. It was pretty cute!! I told them how grateful I was for them because Leeza is such an easy child. I told them she is a great sleeper, and potty trained, and that all my friends were jealous but that I gave them all the credit because I had NOTHING to do with it!



After Leeza had a very successful potty venture, It was time for NAKED TIME! That's for Leeza, NOT me. I put her on the bed and she laughs and giggles and stands up and falls down and we have a wonderful time. I love her her giggle.
I was starving, so I went and got some yogurt. She usually only likes "whipped yogurt", not "creamy yogurt" so I didn't expect her to eat any. However, always the mimic, because Mommy was eating it, she wanted some. We ended up sharing 2 small containers of it. :) She will also eat cheese now, whereas before, she spit it out. But, if Mommy is eating cheese, she will eat some cheese. While she was eating yogurt, tutti nuddi on the bed, she got a funny look on her face. I know that look pretty well..but I was too late. She peed on the bed. WHOOPS!
I washed my sheet and used my shout wipes and febreeze to clean the mattress. I don't think you can tell anymore. :)

Leeza had a couple real spaz attacks yesterday. I guess the honeymoon is over! She apparently really likes "naked time" because she pitched a royal fit when it was time to get dressed. Her face turned all red and she was crying really hard. It scared me because I thought something was seriously wrong with her. I do think she is going to cut another tooth soon, because everything is going back in her mouth, which is exactly what she did when I watched her cut her other 2 teeth since we've been here.








After we went to the baby house and she woke up from her short 30-45 minute nap we went to the lil store next to the baby house. I got her some more bananas (wow, does she ever LOVE bananas!!) and a coke light for mom. We got back on the bus, and went to the pharmacy cuz Leeza has a lil rash on her face. I think it must be from either the new clothes, or new soap, or something different we use than the baby house. I got this creme and put it on last night before bed and the rash was gone this morning. YAY!

We went to Liza's for lunch, where Leeza ate a whole portion of meat (like meatloaf) and most of her mashed potatoes. I ordered some too, but after 2 bites, I was done because she is too wiggly and pulling everyhting off the table in my lap to try to eat when she is done.:) Tatiana told me I eat like a bird. HA! That is really funny cuz I am a HUGE eater but maybe now I can lose weight like EVERYONE ELSE DOES BUT ME when they're in Kaz. I had a tupperware container with me full of apples for Leeza, so I dumped those out and now Leeza has dinner tonight. :) I do have to say, eating is now secondary for Mom. I hope that means I get skinny........but probably not, knowing my luck. :) My calves are sore too, maybe from walking with an extra 18-20 lbs strapped to me? At least I am getting some kind of a work out! I feel like a real "flabby mommy", but I don't really care. I know I will be running soon enough with my girlfriends again. :)
Tatiana's mom made us some WONDERFUL soup and Leeza ate a HUGE BIG BOWL of it..I am talking a HUGE BOWL and she ate it ALL. I even let her drink from the bowl at the end (shhh don't tell my mom!!). I was going to eat her leftovers but she didn't leave me ONE DROP! However, I do still have some left in the fridge. How much do I love Tatiana and her mom? SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO very much!!







Tonight, Natasha is fixing dinner at her place and has invited us over for dinner at 6:30. I will feed the princess before that, but bring along some apple or banana just in case. :) I am glad she likes fruit so much, because I hated only giving her cookies and crackers all the time.

I hear my child--her morning power nap is over. She wakes up all happy and smiley, and goes down happy and smiley. It's very nice-just DON'T MAKE HER GET DRESSED, CUZ THEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE! I may have a future nudist on my hands??!!!!!


17 comments:

Alysa said...

Ya Ustala too! And my bed got peed on today too! )Except my Febreeze disappeared between trips.) All in the day of a mommy, I guess.

Leeza is cute as ever. Those eyelashes are gorgeous!

marsrob said...

Wow. 9pm is my bedtime too. Has been since Kaz. I stayed up late last night to watch the debates but by 10pm I was out like a light. Missed the rest of everything. Oh well, it is WORTH IT ALL! And I love the nudity thing! We haven't had Aila spend much nude time because she isn't potty trained and whenever she's naked...inevitably, she pees! Anyways, glad you are having a great time with your cutie pie!

BabyKazfan said...

Eat like a bird, huh???? Can you say 3 servings of pot roast!!!! I have seen you eat. LOL!!! My sister still talks about it all these years later.
Can't wait to see you real soon. We sure do miss you and can't wait to meet Leeza. Sean was over Sunday and it was fun talking to him about his sister and how he misses you and her.

MM said...

Hey Chickpea! Your pictures are SOOO precious. What a gorgeous baby girl you have there. Too awesome about her appetite and wanting to mimic mom! She must love cuddling with the pink elephant because it smells like mom too. And yes, walking around in the ergo, not getting to finish a meal and chasing around a toddler will run off plenty of pounds, just you wait and see! :) Again, the pics are just so adorable. You will have to blow some of those up for your house. You'll have to have Tatiana write down some of those recipes for you. It would be cool to have some Kaz recipes when you get home to teach the rest of us. I bet the folks at the baby house are very proud of you seeing how great you and Leeza are doing after leaving. I bet it does their hearts good. Take care Chickpea! :)

BabyKazfan said...

Today is my baby girls 1st Birthday!!! Gosh, a whopping whole one year has gone by!!! We're having her party on Saturday afternoon, Sean and Johnny are the entertainment! Funny about the European food, two of our closest friends are Polish (Eva and Joe) and she cooks absolutely insane food! Everything she cooks is amazing. There is always great excitement when she cooks dinner for us! Since she's Brooke's god-mother, she's gonna teach her how to cook Polish! So see, Leeza and Brooke can cook Russian and Polish for the holidays pretty soon!! The food is very similar between Poland and Russia, I can't wait!! We're all excited for your return, make it quick huh???

Karen said...

Leeza asleep, snuggling with her pink elephant is beyond adorable.

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I bet you're tired. It seems like Tatiana is taking really good care of you! You are very lucky.

I'm glad Joe will be there soon. I'm sure he (and Sean) are missing you and Leeza so much.

Jeannine said...

The pictures of Leeza sleeping are adorable.

Bill & Khadine said...

Leeza is such a beautiful little girl...those pictures of her sleeping are so adorable!

Oh, yeah, ever since Dylan got home I pass out around 9 pm as well. Sometimes I'm so tired I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day without collapsing. Thank goodness for caffeine and power naps! :-)

I'm glad you and Tatiana are having such a nice time together, and I'm glad she got to see pictures & videos of Dylan. I sent her an e-mail with pics a while ago but never heard anything back so I don't know if she received it. Can you ask her? Also, could you give her my e-mail address in case she doesn't have it anymore? Would love to hear from her...

Anyway, I'm glad things are going so well for you and that you will soon be reunited with your hubby. Five days is right around the corner, and it will go much faster in the haze of exhaustion that looking after a toddler renders you in! :-)

Khadine

Trudi said...

oh there is nothing like a sleeping baby - and your Leeza is so pretty. What eyelashes. Mamma, you are in big trouble in a few years! Thank god for big brother Sean to bat off the boys.

Leeza has adapted so well - it is a new standard for all Kaz babies to live up to. Her diet seems quite good too. You are doin' something right, Susan :)

Tricia said...

I second that Ya Ustala! These kids are balls of energy. Good thing that you are sleeping when she is sleeping. It will be easier on you when Joe is there. Leeza is just so happy that she can go without mega layers! I think I am going to have to put tights on Rustam in the winter because the boy will not leave his socks or shoes on for more than a minute. Freedom! I put them on and he instantly takes them off. You inspired me to try the potty again. I really don't know how them get them to stay on the thing. I need their secrets! Good for you that you are getting out and having fun. You are doing great. Yey, 5 more days to snuggles with your honey. I love yesterday's outfit. How lady like :) She is so cute snuggled with her elephant.

demarest6 said...

I can't wait to give her a big kiss!!! and you too! I am loving spending time with your son, he has an amazing sense of humor. Joe called me Colonel Demarest...I DO NOT LIKE being called Colonel Demarest. I am Aunt Lala! Love you too much.xoxo

Regina said...

Boy are those jammies freaking cute, and so is your thick-lashed daughter! I love reading about your adventures and can relate to Ya Ustala! Stay strong, and don't worry about losing weight. You are perfect just the way you are, hot mama!

Kelly and Sne said...

I know the exhausted feeling! I'll bet Leeza was adorable doing her naked dance. And you haven't lived until you've been peed on!

Jennifer said...

Oh what sweet sleeping pictures! Beautiful.

I discovered the same thing as you about weight. I gained it in Kaz 'cause the food was so yummy, but when I was on maternity leave, I lost a bunch of weight because eating was totally secondary. That, and lifting the extra 20 pounds!

Only 5 more days! Yay!

Too funny about the peeing on the bed! And they go a lot! It's not like a dribble or two- it's a fountain!

Angela said...

Alia loves to be naked too! It must be a treat. She lays there and pumps her Michelin Man legs and giggles and "talks".

I get tired just taking care of Luca. I wonder what 2 will be like. Will I even make it to 9:00?

You are so very close to home! I am so happy for the Serras.

Beautiful photos . . . and pjs until noon? What a treat!

Anonymous said...

Such gorgeous eyes that little girl has! And sadly, I must admit I'm glad to hear she has a meltdown or two - you were making me feel like a crappy mom because of Alexa's meltdowns in Kaz.!!

Thankfully, we are past that now and she's a happy camper ;-)
Shannon