Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gotcha day -TOMORROW!



Tomorrow will be 9 weeks to the day that we had our “blind date” with Leeza.
Tomorrow is our "Gotcha Day"…9 weeks to the day.

It just dawned on me this week that this pregnancy is almost over-and my lil princessa will soon be with her mommy ALL THE TIME!
It will be a little different then when I came home with her brother…who decided it’d be fun to arrive 5 weeks early, on April 15th instead of on the May 19th day his LOI was issued for.


He was tiny and skinny-and Joe said he looked like a “Tyson chicken”, and he had no fat on his tiny lil body. I was scared bringing him home…He was so fragile and delicate, I was so afraid I’d ‘break him”. Even changing his lil diaper, while trying to avoid being peed on, and attempting to clean his circumcision scar and his black stump of a belly button was frightening. Joe went back to work a few days later and I was wondering how I’d manage.

Of course, after the first few hours, we were fine. He didn’t break-and we figured it out.
This time, my baby is not a tiny fragile Tyson chicken look alike. She is an active, mobile one year old princess with chubby cheeks and toes she doesn’t get to see very much. I’m not as scared, because I have gotten to play with her for 9 weeks, everyday for almost 4 hours. It will be a big change for both of us, but I’m ready and I think she is too!

I remember reveling in Sean’s “newborn-ness” and holding him constantly, even when he slept, until his Daddy made me put him down because “if you hold him all the time, he’ll never sleep unless he’s being held”. I wanted him to play with toys, but he wasn’t very interested. I remember asking Joe…”When will he want to play with toys?”

I’ve waited a long time for my princess-about 4+ years if you count how long it’s been since we decided we DID want another baby to love. I changed my lifestyle and learned patience, and renewed my faith, over, and over again. My patience was rewarded, and God has blessed us with beautiful Leeza Grace Serra.

This time-I don’t have to wait for her to want to play with toys. She already loves her toys, and she is NOT content to just sit and be held and let her mommy kiss her sweet cheeks and snuggle buggle. She is WAY too busy for that, but she will let me lug her around in the ergo, and we’ll be doing plenty of that!


The gifts are wrapped in tissue, in their gift bags, with sticky notes placed on the outside.
The new snowsuit was purchased at the market this morning, and her outfit is laid out ready to go.


It’s Teacher Appreciation day tomorrow and there is a “performance” at 8 am. I am attending, and bringing the gifts. I hope to be able to take Leeza after that.

Hopefully we'll get the final stamp from the judge tomorrow morning as well. Tatiana is at the notary office now translating our apostilled marriage licenses and passports to get Leeza's final adoption paperwork completed and ready to go since the court order will be in it's full force after TODAY!


My DSL is down right now, and even dial up is sporadic, but I hope this is just a temporary problem and we’ll be up and running tomorrow. Dial up wouldn't even work this morning-no dial tone. I am on dial up now, but have no idea how many minutes this card has left. :)

If I am not, PLEASE DO NOT PANIC if I don’t post.

Thank you EVERYONE for all your support in this journey. It's been wonderful!!!
I love everyone so much!!

This pic cracked me up...looks like she is saying..."Mom, are you sure you are gonna feed me when you take me home?"

21 comments:

Sandi said...

This is it baby. The moment you've been waiting for the last 9 weeks. I know I've been waiting as patiently as possible from sunny Florida. You're ready and your gonna be fabulous. You still have great support and they aren't going to leave you alone.

I don't think I have ever wanted a day to fly by so i could go to bed and awake to your new post(hopefully).

Congratulations and may tomorrow be filled with as much happiness as the day you met your daughter.

Sandi

marsrob said...

WOW. This is it. Tomorrow is the big day and that is only hours away for you now. What a beautiful journey you have been on. What a phenomenal woman you are and what a blessed child Leeza is and you are certainly blessed with her as well. It has (and continues to be) been a true honor to follow along as you got ready and then met and then bonded with your daughter. Thank you for sharing so much and for including all of us. What a beautiful day it will be!!! We are loving you from RI!!! xoxoxoxo

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Drum roll please................................................. This is the moment we have all been waiting for! You will do great solo and we can't wait to hear about all you adventures! Hugs and Kisses! Gena, Jaimie and Berik

Tracy said...

Well in a few hours you will be getting up and getting ready to bring get your girl! I have enjoyed reading and keeping up with your adventures. Thanks so much for sharing them with me.

COngratulations....

Tracy

Bill & Khadine said...

Just one more day before you bust Leeza out of the baby house...I am so happy for you! Reading your post brought back so many memories of our "gotcha" day and the complete joy I felt at the knowledge that I never again had to leave Dylan because visitation was over. That first night I could barely sleep. I just needed to check on him over and over to make sure he was really there. It is such a wonderful feeling, and I can't wait for you to experience it TOMORROW!!!!!

Khadine

Alysa said...

Long awaited, but the moment is finally here! I'm thrilled for the Serras and especially for cutie-pie Leeze Grace. Tomorrow sounds like it will be a fun-filled day for you both. You are more than ready for that little girl to be part of the family full time. Can't wait to read the next posts and meet ya'll in Almaty in a couple of weeks!

kitzkazventure said...

So thrilled that new beginnings/gotcha day is here! Enjoy the moment, the day, the rest of your life! Happy family day Leeza Grace, we all know you will Rock this new world you are about to enter! Many Hugs! The Kitzmans--- Pat, Karen, and Nick.

Trudi said...

The big day is almost here and selfishly, I hope you can post!
Leeza joins the blessed children who have found such wonderful parents from half a world away, children who are as meant to be with their parents as if they were born to them. It is one of life's mysteries and miracles and I love watching it happen over and over again. It is no coincidence. Leeza is ready, you and Joe and Sean are ready - YAHOO let's get this thing stamped and on the road!

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

That picture of Leeza cracks me up too. You guys are going to have so much fun together. Let the party begin...

Gotcha, gotcha, gotcha day
We can't wait to see you play

With the pretty little Leeza Grace
In your own time and space

Toys and shoes and lots of bling
Leeza will never want for anything

Tickles and giggles from sean and papa
And sweet little kisses from a loving mama

Leeza, Leeza your life will be grand
Tomorrow 's your day, let's strike up the band

We love ya!!!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I gotcha tomorrow. You're only a day away!

Congratulations! We're so excited for you and Leeza!

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Well it is now nearly 1am there in Kaz on this magical Friday morning. I can't imagine you have slept much - I know we sure didn't. Sometime tonight as we are most likely sleeping, you will be crossing that most special of thresholds and walking off into the future with your daughter. It is all so vivid in my mind. We wish you peace, joy, and sleep over these next few hours. Take Care.

Love,
Us

Sam said...

Yay happy gotcha day

Kristen (and Cary) said...

Wow. What a beautiful post. I got chills reading it. Leeza and Sean are so fortunate to have such a loving and enthusiastic Mom (and Dad). I wish you the best tomorrow. And I can't wait to wish you a Happy Gotcha Day.

BabyKazfan said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Leeza!

Love,

Stacey

The Cook said...

YES! It is your time and you are so ready!!!!!!I am so happy for you. Love from Chi town.

Tricia said...

Susan,

This is so exciting! Your day is finally here. It seems not too long ago that we were skyping while you were in FL and I was in Kaz. Now you are there, we are adjusted back home, your GOTCHA DAY is here, and soon you will be home adjusting to life with princess Leeza in FL. What a journey it has been. I am so happy to have shared it with you, met you (and Joe and Sean) in person in Kaz, and to have known little Leeza (or "Leeza Leeza" as we first called her). Thank you for your support along the way and we are wishing you all the best with the rest of your stay in Kaz with Leeza in your care. Delay was certainly not denial! Amen to that! Love, Tricia

BabyKazfan said...

Anxious for your return to Florida and a new life for all of you

Good luck on your return trip and Leezas new transition

Love Nana

Kelly and Sne said...

I am so excited for you! You and Leeza are gonna have such a good time! Remember to feed her lots - that girl has an appetite.

BabyKazfan said...

Wow Susan - this is finally it!!!! we enjoyed Joe and Sean last weekend. They sure do miss you and Leeza. We can't wait to meet her. Love - The Fady's

Anonymous said...

it's about 5 a.m. Friday a.m. in Kaz and you're probably already up! I can't wait to read about the baby house break out!! You are SO on the downhill slide home ;-)

Shannon