Sunday, October 19, 2008

First Date for Leeza and Brady, and Medeu Mountain!




Leeza and Brady...a first date, at Mad Murphy's pub. They were chaperoned by their parents, however. :)






We had a good time, and enjoyed a good brewski. :) (The Mom's and dad's, not the kids)


I ordered Shephard's Pie for Leeza, she only wanted to eat the bread, and she ate like 2 french fries. She shredded MOST of the bread on the seat. I'm not sure she ate that much, cuz there was a HUGE mess on the seat. Brady seemed to like the mashed potatoes, but it was thicker food than he is used to. Brady is a really laid back kiddo and really good baby. He reminds me of Sean at that age..just a cool kid!
Joe really enjoyed his Guinness, and I had some other beer that was really good, and I ate Leeza's Shepards Pie and some pizza.


Before we went to lunch, we met the adorable Brady, super cool Mom Alysa, and her wonderful translator Kate, and their driver, I think his name was Sergei, but not sure in front of the Ramstore. They were so nice to give us a ride to Medeu to see the view. We did not walk up the 836 steps, but drove up it and it was a very pretty view. They are having Asian Olympics there in 2008, according to Kate.
It was really pretty up there, but I was kinda bummed because I was hoping there would be some shops. :) No shops, but some gorgeous scenery, which Leeza slept right thru!














After lunch, Alya's driver dropped us off at Hotel Kazakhstan. It was POURING rain and of course, the umbrella's we lugged to Kaz, were at our apartment. We went up to Guns and Roses where Joe had another Guinness (he is in Guinness heaven!!) and I had a cappucino. They have a small gift shop,but it was closed. Too bad for them...

We wanted to go home so we "braved the elements" and hoofed it home. When I got the ergo (yes, I know EVERYONE know how much I love my Ergo...but it's so beyond FABULOUS), it has that lil hood that you can use. I used to show people and say, "this is so Baby Kaz won't get wet when it rains!" People would say, "you are going to take your baby out when it rains?" I said, well, NO, but if we get caught in the rain this hood ROCKS! I will say it again-I LOVE THE ERGO! I am seriously going to contact them-they need to hire me. Leeza can be the cutest ergo baby model ever, don't ya think? To Kaz and beyond..the ERGO will ROCK YOUR WORLD? Rain, heat, cold-the ERGO is the ONLY carrier you need EVER!!!

Well-wouldn't ya know it--the hood does ROCK! I had her pink hat on underneath it,which barely got wet. I had on my super cool all weather coat, that got wet, and my hair was drenched, but Leeza slept on and stayed dry and warm. I LOVE THE ERGO! It's so comfy and she is in A LOT!

I still do not understand why I am the ONLY MOM who comes to Kaz and does not lose like 15 lbs. I haul my 8.9 kilo daughter all around and yet, I don't lose weight like everyone else. What is UP with that? Maybe it's the all the piva (beer) but it's not like I drink 10 a day or anything....there are many days I don't even have one!

You should be scared...


I have a funny story to share. Sean is in Atlanta this weekend with his buddy Jacob and his dad, watching Jacob's teenage sister, Taylor, in a cheerleading competition. Sean told me they had to get up 5:30 am Saturday morning to go and he said "Mom, you should be scared." I asked, Why,and he said that Taylor was giving her mom MAJOR ATTITUDE about doing her hair. I said, well, you give me major attitude, how is that different? He said, "Mom, I do NOT ask you do to my hair". I said,no,but you won't even let me comb it! It was really funny. He said, well, Leeza has a blonde mullet anyway Mom!" He said, I'm just telling you-teenage girls have MAJOR attitude and you should just be scared!!!

Tomorrow is our last day here...our embassy appointment is 3:00 tomorrow afternoon and we have the 3:20 am flight. I am guessing we will just not to to bed..I hope Leeza will stay asleep...yikes!

Dasvidanya until we get home! This will most likely be my last post from Kaz, God willing!

14 comments:

Jaimie, Gena and Berik said...

Well it sounds like your day was fantastic!! and I for one am happy to see you come back home as I know your family and friends are dying to see all of you! Plus if you don't hurry up and come back then Leeza will out grown all those cute clothes you have stuffed in the closets! LOL ! Fun times with Brady and Alyssa how special those will be forever more! Safe travels!! Gena

Angela said...

Looks like a ood time was had by all! Paka!

Sandi said...

I am so happy to see that everyone is having a great time. I think it is awesome that you have been able to see Alysa and Brady. Your trips the last few days seemed to have been quite successful and fun.

I hope your trip home is uneventful and I will be thinking about you when you land in Florida, its almost here.

Safe travels Serras.

Sandi

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

We wish no nothing but smooth sailing on your flights home, and we eagerly await photos and news of everyone together again here in FL - just sorry we don't live close enough to be a part of the airport welcome.

Thanks for all your wonderful attitude. I think in this time when there seems to be a lot of heartache and long delays for families awaiting their LOI's, having such a positive and boisterous role model out there cheerleading the good that comes in the end is such a treat for many many families. All the best. Take Care.

Aaron and Julie said...

So glad you got to go to Medeu. I should have warned you there were no shops :) Bummer you didn't do the stairs :) We got to do them in the snow last October! I love seeing the pictures - it brings back memories.

Wow - embassy tomorrow! It will be a breeze and quick. It will feel good to speak to an English official :)

Wow - thank you so much for letting us follow your journey. You have a beautiful family and are nearly home!!! The final stretch is here!! Love & blessings

John & Jenny Morgan said...

That's a very pretty view!

You're about to get the all-important "DO NOT OPEN" envelope and be on your way home. Yippee!!

I am so glad that your "adventures to bring home Baby Kaz" were good ones that united you with such a precious little girl. I know that the next chapters of your lives together - "adventures at home with Baby Kaz" - will be happy ones, too!

Julian and Sara said...

How fun! Glad you are enjoying Almaty - even if Joe likes it better than Susan does. I couldn't agree more about the Ergo! We still use it WAY more than our stroller. Have a wonderful trip home and thanks so much for letting us share your journey. Can't wait to hear Leeza's first report from Florida.

Sara

Kim said...

Susan, you did not lose 15 pounds because you don't have 15 pounds to lose!!! :-)

Wishing you the best on your flights home. I will be praying for you and congratulations on the newest American citizen!

Kim

BabyKazfan said...

ok, now I really cannot believe this is your last post!! I'm really excited for you guys to come home!! I'm excited for Brooke to meet Leeza, a new baby cousin that is the same age!! Hooray! We say "hooray" alot, Brooke kind of says it, or so I think! We're making you a special "coming home" dinner Tuesday afternoon, we'll put it in the fridge for you to eat whenever your clocks adjust! We're really looking forward to meeting Leeza, just can't wait!!

Kelly and Sne said...

How cute that Leeza has a boyfriend already! He must like older women! Medeu looks beautiful. We never made it there unfortunately.

I can't believe that it's almost time to come home. Yay!

Kelly and Sne said...

Oh - I forgot to mention that we used the ergo hood in the rain in Almaty for Miras too and it worked like a charm (not too many people scolded us for having a baby out in the rain even though it was in the 80s!). I still use the ergo once in awhile when we go shopping. Hands free bonding!

Chris & Christy said...

Way too funny how Sean thinks of Leeza and you right away when his friend's teenage sister puts up attitude. :) What a good boy!

It is awesome to see you and Alysa hanging out together. What amazing photos; can't see those sights in February.....so we just shopped! :)

Christy

Unknown said...

Hey there! Great pictures! So much has happened since the last time I've checked in with you. You, Leeza and Joe still look as happy as ever. Your smiles are contagious. :-)

Tricia said...

Glad to see that you made it to Medeu! Wishing you the best travels home. Why do I think that the ergo will somehow be the charm to make it a fabulous trip home? Sean is funny. I agree that you don't have 15 pounds to lose! You look great Kaz momma :)