Saturday, October 4, 2008

In "awe" of my daughter!!


It's 11:26 am in Kostanai,on Saturday morning, and my daughter is in her playpen, sleepin in just her diaper and her pink elephant. I was getting her out of her jammies, and she just was a tad fussy, so I thought perhaps a nap was a good idea. I put her in her playpen, in just her diaper (the horror!!) and she played for about 30 minutes while I grabbed some lunch and cleaned up the kitchen. I kept checking on her, not letting her see me, just to watch her. I think she got more gorgeous overnight.








She has been incredible! She took a bath last night, and was awesome. I expected tears and a very possible freak out episode, but she was fine. I put lil it of "tan water" in the tub, and set her in it. I gave her a cuple cups to play with, and washed her with a wash cloth and washed her hair. She was a super trooper. I put her on the bed and gave her a baby massage with Johnson's baby lotion. I love that smell! She was all smiles and giggles. I love her lil chubby body-so cute!! After a big cup of warm milk with bread in it, and a trip to the potty (where we read books), she went to bed about 9:30 last night and slept until 8:15 this morning. She sat up, and kinda looked around, then got abig smile on her face, like, 'oh yeah, I'm with my mommy..COOL!' I am getting MORE sleep since Leeza is here than I was before she was here! I went to bed later AND woke up earlier pre-Leeza. Last night I was in bed by 10:30, and slept in an extra hour and 15 minutes! Leeza is good for me!!!Upon waking, I put her on the potty and she did her business. The girl is practically potty trained. I give huge KUDOS to the Dolphin baby house-she is so easy going and happy! I haven't changed a poopy diaper yet!

Not sure what to do with your child while you take a shower?
Put em on the potty-with some books, cups, and let em go to town! I put her on the potty after milk and bread last night before bed and we read books while she did her business. I think the potty was the best 700 tenge I've spent. I thought I'd try it, since I know she is used to it, but I did not expect it to be this easy!








When I compare Leeza to Sean at this age, I am even in more awe of the baby house. Sean didn't want to sleep in his crib, or poop in the potty. I could never do "Baby Wise"....I am lousy at the 'cry it out' method. Sean was also a real laid back baby, but the sleepin in his own crib and the potty training things were challenging for us.

Leeza is happy, content, and easy going. I am having so much fun with her! I did not expect it to be this easy with her. The challenge is finding things she likes to eat. If I could only feed her cookies,and crackers, it would not be an issue. She did eat over half her "porridge" for breakfast, and she ate 2 yogurts for lunch yesterday. She would not eat the soup I made (well, that I poured into a bowl and heated up in the microwave) for dinner, so I fed her half an apple. Before bed, she did drink a big coffee mug full of warm milk with bread in it. I tried to feed her the milk and cookies yesterday at her normal "milk cookie snack time" from the baby house, but she wasn't interested. She does like apples, because, of course, Apples are from Kazakhstan. She must have read the book. She seems all about wanting to make a new schedule with her momma. She won't eat cheerios (she just throws them) or scrambled eggs, or hardboiled eggs. She likes these crackers that I found some that taste like Ritz, but buttier.
She is RATHER FRUSTRATING to feed. :)

Tatiana is coming over at 1:00 to go to the market with me and we're going to get potatoes and some stuff to make "meat cutlets". She liked that at the baby house, so we'll try that.

I fed her a few bites of yogurt as a snack after breakfast, and she liked it, but you can tell the texture "weirds her out". I am not the baby house chef, and she is acutely aware of that. :) However, there is a new cook in town, and we both have to adjust to mommy's cooking.

However, Sean was never a big eater and his pediatrician told me over and over that he'd never seen a kid starve. I know Leeza won't starve either, but I just want to make sure I get her some protein in her diet.

She is really amazing and I am having the time of my life.I am really enjoying our "girl time", and I love having her all to myself right now. However, I can't wait for Joe and Sean to see her too! I can't wait for everyone to meet this charming little blue eyed pixie. She is so enchanting!

Yesterday evening, I put her in the ergo and we walked around and went to Central park, and then to Gros to get more yogurt. We were out over an hour. She was a trooper, even in the stupid snowsuit that she had to wear while I was too warm for a jacket. :) She was loving looking all around,and then took a power nap too. God bless that Ergo-it's a lifesaver. I am not even going to have Joe bring a stroller-I don't think we'll need it since she is so used to the ergo and there will be 2 of to help with feeding, etc.

I am so proud of her, and I can't get enough of my sweet angel baby.
God is SO good-and Leeza Grace is my daughter. It feels perfect. :)

22 comments:

BabyKazfan said...

Wow Suz- that is so great! It sounds like so much fun! the potty training thing is so huge-the healthy foods, all of it really. It is great that both you guys are so happy.
It was truly meant to be.

Love,

Stacey

dnd82001 said...

It's a wonderful life!

Darlene

Unknown said...

Hi Susan! I'm so happy to see that you have Leeza with you. Its your dream come true!! It warmed my heart to read that she woke up with a smile. It was meant to be. :-)

marsrob said...

So glad that it is all going so well so far! YAY! And yes, Aila left the babyhouse and has been a picky eater ever since. She won't get near mashed potatoes....cannot blame her! Anyways, good luck with the feeding and congrats on the potty thing! Glad you are getting some rest, too!!!

kitzkazventure said...

We had a big list of foods that Nick ate in the baby house and he wouldn't eat any of them except bananas. He still won't eat hot cereal. He lived on the Kazakh hotdogs and cookies ( and I'm a dietitian!) so just feed her what she will eat and then you can figure out a healthy plan when you get home. Have you tried their Ramen noodles? Nick loved the broth and you could cut up the noodles small and they should be fine for Leeza.

Good for Leeza with the potty business! I say keep it up! Nick was of course older but we always put him on it in the morning, after every meal, and half way in between those times and he never regressed at all. I have seen since we have been back that the "baby bjorn" potty looks very similar to the kazakh potties so you may want to have one around just to keep her "thinking" about it! :)

What an awesome team you two are!

karen

Kristen (and Cary) said...

I love the pics of her sleeping with just her diaper. She is so happy and so attached. I'm thinking of you.

Susan said...

The "Pack Mule" is preparing the cargo and ready to make the trip. Sean and I are ready to bring the girls home. We've been keeping busy, as the RAYS are in the process of sweeping the White Sox. Sean and I were at the first game and had a blast being part of history. He opted to spend the night with a friend for game 2, so I had to go without him. While I'm really enjoying the Father/Son bonding time with Sean, I really look forward to getting all of us in the same place at the same time. Go Leeza, Go Susan, Go RAYS....

Joe

Sandi said...

susan
you are doing great. Leeza sounds like she is adjusting well. I hope your able to find her some more things she likes to eat,but don't worry she will eat shen she is hungry, maybe you need to "shovel" it in :)

umm Joe, I am jealous, big baseball fan her, routing for the rays.. however dodger fan through and through.

sandi

Jennifer said...

Aw man Susan. This is just fantastic. Does life get any better? Seriously? (Well except for the missing men in your life! That's a rather large part. Ha, ha!)

You soooooo much make me want to go back and do it again!

Your comment about her getting more gorgeous overnight, made me smile as I wrote something very similar. Must be something about full-time Mama-hood!

Gigi liked the HIPP baby food in a jar. Yeah, yeah, I know it's food in a jar, but that was her main staple in Kaz. They had lots of different varieties and textures all the way up through the toddler stage like chicken stew and stuff. Perhaps Leeza might like some of that. Just a thought as I know some had meat in it for the protein aspect.

I love that she's basically potty trained already and loves to sit there! Awesome! Gigi loves to sit on the potty- she'd do that all the time, but still not much interest in actually doing her business. In fact, it's kinda funny. She'll do a stinky and as SOON as she's done, she'll shout, "POTTY! POTTY!" and run for the bathroom. She MUST sit on the toilet and wipe with TP. Silly girl! We'll have to have Leeza show her how to do it in the right order. :-)

So happy for you!

Joby and Marla said...

Leeza Grace is one smart girl!!!

I am glad that everything is going so well with the two of you. I think the bonding period really helps.

Does Leeza enjoy not being bundled up so much or is she so use to it that it seems odd?

Tricia said...

Awwwwwwe! The photo on the potty while reading is a hoot. That is great that you are able to continue with the potty. Glad you and she are doing so well together at the apartment.

Regina said...

I am shedding happy tears for you, Susan! It is so good to know that Leeza is with you forever! I think she did get even more beautiful overnight -- and so did you. A happy, glowing mom.

I remember what those first few days are like. You just want to watch them sleep and constantly stare at their precious little faces, just taking it all in.

Lucky you with the good potty girl! Milo didn't want to sit on the potty in our apartment in Kaz and threw a huge fit! I think it brought back bad memories or something. :-) So it was diapers the whole time in Kaz. He is starting to go pretty regularly at home, thanks to daddy's consistent efforts!

I was a little luckier in the food realm. He did eat -- and still does eat -- almost anything we put in front of him. He loves everything from spinach to guacamole!

I'm glad you're getting some rest and enjoying your little darling daughter. She is a sweetie!

Gretchen said...

So cool Mama!!!!

John & Jenny Morgan said...

I'm glad that, with the exception of your food, it's all good in the 'hood! Leeza is such a good baby!

Leeza looks bigger (taller, I guess)wearing "normal" clothes or just a diaper. Somehow, she does seem to get cuter everyday!

Can't wait to see more pictures and read about your new adventures tomorrow!

Jill said...

How exciting and you both look so happy! I would keep the potty think going as long as it works -- what a great accomplishment!
Cannot wait to meet her (and see you of course :-))!

Trudi said...

Her transition is just amazing. Congratulations, Star Mama. You have got this baby thing down!

Matthew Ruley said...

That is amazing how well behaved she is! Simply amazing!

Alyona is a fussy eater. She doesn;t like anything she doesnt recognize, or is in th emood for. Its tough but take it day by day

Our Family of Bloggers said...

She really does get cuter everyday! I am glad for both of you that you are having a smooth transition. Love the pictures of Leeza sleeping in her diaper. If they only knew she didn't have five layers on!
Rylie loved the HIPP food too, though like Gigi, she was not really on solid food yet. For whatever it is worth, our doctor said the same thing when I discussed Rylie's pickiness- no child has ever starved with food in front of her. What about bananas? Cheese? If she's eating yogurt, she's getting protein. Don't stress too much.
Enjoy your little blue eyed pixie!
XOXO

Karen said...

That potty photo is something. I'm so happy for you.

Tricia said...

I forgot to say that Leeza looks like she got taller.

The Cook said...

ohhh what a cute post from joe. sooooo happy for you. she is gorgeous.

Chris & Christy said...

"Leeza Grace is my daughter - it feels perfect."

It is perfect! And yes, God is Good! God is Great!

:) Christy