Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Monday Morning in Kostanai


Leeza is a GREAT sleeper-she was so tired last night at 9 pm, and slept until 8:45 this morning! I am getting so much more sleep since I have had her with me! I captured this shot this morning...she is so cute. I love these jammies-they were one of my "market finds"



She wakes up very happy!!






She is really smart, and catches on to things very quickly. I'm truly amazed by her-she is so fun!

Where's mommy's nose Leeza?







After lots of hugs and kisses, I put her in the potty, and I fix breakfast. This morning, she ate a huge bowl of oatmeal with a banana in it. She likes oatmeal.
After breakfast, I let her play about 10 minutes, then I set her on the potty again.
(We spent a lot of time on the potty!) However, time on the potty means less mess in the diaper. We got thru 2 diapers a day.

Not to be too obsessed with "potty talk", she is a very regular child. She poops after every meal-and before nap, she will pee on the potty. I'm truly in awe of this! Tatiana's mom told me that she started potty training Tatiana at 5 months (as soon as she could sit up) and she was potty trained at 9 months. They just took her potty everywhere they went. I never thought that lil ones could really be potty trained because I figured they lacked the muscle control. Leeza will go in her diaper if I don't take her to the potty-but if I put her in the potty, she'll go there. It's way easier if you ask me! I will be packing her cute pink potty and taking it to Almaty and taking it home. I am going to bring it on the plane too. It's way easier than cleaning a poopy diaper. :)



She is a very easy child to figure out. She is happy most all the time, and adjusts amazingly well to new surroundings. We went to the market with Kelly and Doug yesterday and we left the apt at 2:45 or so. Her afternoon nap is around 3, and you can tell cuz she gets a bit whiny and rubs her eyes. She fell asleep in the ergo about 3:15 or so, while we shopped. She woke up at 5:15 or 5:30, happy as can be. The ergo is so comfortable, I don't even feel her and I can kiss her sweet head.
We went over to Tatiana's for dinner-where her mom made us chicken and potatoes (which Leeza would not eat-WHATEVER GIRL!) so her mom made her some noodle soup, which she ate up with some brown bread. Tatiana said that she herself was a very picky eater so her mom can feel my pain. When we first got there, Tatiana's mom was holding her while I unzipped her coat, and Leeza did not like that. She wanted her momma. However, after sitting in my lap about 5 minutes and meeting Tatiana's brother, his wife, and their son, and Tatiana's dog, she started warming up. She was soon crawling all over making herself at home. :)

After she ate, I knew I had to get her home to sit her on the potty. We walked home, and sure enough-my "regular" girl did her business. I gave her a bath, which she DID NOT like this time, and I wrapped her up in a towel. My skype phone was ringing, so we went to answer it. I was talking on the phone to my girfriend Karen, Mom to the infamous Rayn, who looks a lot and reminds me of Leeza. I was snuggling with Leeza while we talked, and I GOT MY FIRST KISS! She gave her mommy a kiss. I was so touched I started bawling. :) My lil girl is such a sweetie pie. :) I love her lil body snuggled into mine. :)

I am amazed at what a good lil girl she is. She is smart, she is sweet, she is a great sleeper, a great shopping buddy, and a "regular" kind of gal on the potty. She was sooooooooooo worth the wait, and then some. I was hugging her this morning and I just got overwhelmed and started crying because I love her soooooooooooooo very much! Thank you so much GOD for this incredible blessing you have given us. She is definitely my daughter and it feels so incredibly wonderful! This is what it's all about!!!



18 comments:

Kristen (and Cary) said...

She is so cute. I am so impressed with the potty. It sounds like all is going so well -- you are truly blessed and she was DEFINITELY worth the wait.

Tracy said...

That was a great post.. you are such a lucky person... so blessed by God with a child you know is yours.

Tracy

Sandi said...

What cute PJ's. I recognize the other ones from our shopping trip last summer :)

Glad she is doing well on the potty, quite the feat.

So happy things are going well.

sandi

John & Jenny Morgan said...

Awww, you got your first Leeza kiss! She's a sweetie pie!

Alysa said...

Cute and smart! Like mother, like daughter. :) I love seeing all the pictures.

You are truly blessed to have found your daughter. I can feel your love for her in every post and picture. And that first little kiss from Leeza says it all -- she feels the same way about you!

Karen, Glenn, Allie, Max, and Sam said...

I still get all teary-eyed when Max lays his head on my shoulder or gives me a kiss. He says, "awwwwwwwww" as he hugs me and it's just too dang cute! Lisa is indeed brilliant. Max is just now figuring out nose, head, eyes, etc. I don't think I've covered "belly button" yet -- slacker mom that I am! LOL. I am so impressed with the potty action -- but, then again, not surprising given that she's a genius. I am so happy for you, and it is so great that you're getting a ton of sleep. Don't you just stand by the edge of her play pen and stare at her forever while she's sleeping?! She is so beautiful.

Jeannine said...

Praise God from who all blessings flow!

Karen said...

What a beautiful, sweet little girl you have. Those potty pictures are priceless. Who knew a baby could be potty trained by 9 months? I'm in awe.

Karen said...

What a beautiful, sweet little girl you have. Those potty pictures are priceless. Who knew a baby could be potty trained by 9 months? I'm in awe.

marsrob said...

The whole potty thing in Kaz AMAZES me! And I am so glad you are feeling so blessed. YOU ARE!!! We all are. And God also helped us find each other too!!!
xoxoxo

Regina said...

Girl, you are making me cry. Yes, this IS what it's all about.

Life is good.

demarest6 said...

I have felt so lost without a computer!!! I did have fun catching up on the Susan and Leeza show. Glad I got to talk with you a bit on Friday, you sound so happy, as you should be. God is good. Love you and are praying for continued blessings.xoxo

BabyKazfan said...

Hi Susan and Leeza -
Congratulations on having her 24/7 - we are so happy for you!! Leeza is a beautiful little girl and you are a wonderful mommy. One comment about the potty - Nick still uses his potty everyday . . . Baby Bjorn brand is the same size as the potties in Kaz (it is hard to find them that tiny here!). We are so blessed that our beautiful kids got to spend their first few months at the Dolphin baby home. They definitely were worth the wait! I am sending best wishes for your safe travels and getting home to FL!! Hugs, Jennifer T. and Nikolai

Kelly and Sne said...

I'm so happy that you are both living a dream come true! And you are so lucky that she is sleeping ok right away. I hope that keeps up when you transition to Almaty and home. She seems to really know her Mommy already. And her Mommy is VERY eco-conscious using the potty instead of the diapers! Miras never had the training.

Kjersten, Steve, Aitugan & Nurai said...

Reading your posts each day is always such a THRILL!! The sight of you and Leeza together always puts huge smiles on our faces. She is an absolutely adorable little girl. We especially loved the pose of hers sleeping with her bottom up in the air. : )
Congratulations on your continued success with the potty. That is very exciting indeed.
Enjoy your mommy and daughter morning while we all head to bed soon.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, and I'm so happy mommy and daughter are doing well. Although I have to admit my extreme jealousy at the sleeping thing............. Oy.
Shannon
p.s. wish Alexa had started the potty at Umit but no such luck.....

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on the kiss Mom! How very sweet!

All I can say is your plane ride home is going to be a BREEZE! Love that darling little sleeping, pottying, cuddling, active, gorgeous little girl!

Aaron and Julie said...

Yay - a kiss!!! She will be saying "I love you" before you know it! Your posts are great - your amazing faith & exuberance shine through!!