Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving performer goes ROGUE!



Here is my princess, in yet ANOTHER Thanksgiving outfit. :) However, I could not resist it..it was so cute and very reasonably priced on Ebay. Plus, I only bid once and no one outbid me, so what's a gal to do?





I should have known that today's Thanksgiving performance would be a disaster just based on Leeza's typical behavior when I am trying to get a picture. My lord this girl is SASSY!





The kids made REALLY cute Turkey shirts for their performance. I dropped her off at 9, and spent from 9-11 setting all the tables for the "feast", for all the 2's, 3's, and 4's at preschool plus their parents. It was pretty fun.I even met another parent and she was FROM China! She has only lived here in the States for 6 years. I told her that Leeza was adopted from Kazakhstan and we talked about all the "rules" for China adoptions and she was explaining the law about China only allowing one child per family and how many families want boys to carry on the name and how sad we thought it was.

Anyway...it was time to go get the kids ready in Leeza's class for their performance, but Leeza's shirt was already on. They made super cute lil necklaces too but Leeza refused to put hers on, AND, she threw off her Turkey bow. She also refused to sit with her class for pictures. I was getting FRUSTRATED! Her teachers told me she was just putting on a "show for Mom" because although she is VERY independent in class, she will listen and follow direction.

Sigh..
Whose kid is that? The one standing up, with shoes off, and one legging up and one down? She sure looks cute, but kinda ornery. I feel sorry for her MOTHER.



The class photo's...






Then Leeza said "to heck with the class pics..I'M OUTTA HERE"





In Leeza's defense, her teachers said she only got one day to practice, since she only goes to school 2x a week and they don't practice on Thursday's. So, I guess I cut her some slack. She walked down the aisle with her class in the sanctuary, but then when they turned around to face all the audience, she just walked off to find her momma. So, she sat in my lap on the floor right in front of them and sang the songs. :)







After the adorable performance, it was time for the "Feast"..it was really good. We brought green beans! YUM!!






1 comment:

kitzkazventure said...

Susan, Those pics were so reminding me of Nick in preschool. We had been home for several months when he started preschool and boy, did he rock the boat. He was always good for them (at least that is what they told me) but if I showed my face at all, it was absolute mayhem! He totally walked up the aisle and just left the line too at his performance. His school pictures, he ran to the back of the sanctuary and tried to get under the pew. I was a basket case. I remember just crying after and saying why can't he just stand there, how hard is it just to be "normal" for less than a minute most times. He still puts on some "drama for mama" occasionally but I will encourage you that it is definitely a maturity/age thing and it will get better. Our little spunkalicious ones will certainly push the limits but it is also the trait that makes them fabulously fun and endearing. I have had to learn and am still learning to let go and let God show me when discipline is necessary or when it really just doesn't matter what others think.....a very hard thing for this rule following, non conflict momma! ;) She is so absolutely adorable....I just love seeing the new outfit for the day! :)