Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sigh...bye bye crib!!






The day I didn't want to come is HERE! Yesterday, Leeza was down for a nap after a busy morning playing at the park and riding the train for a few hours on a GORGEOUS November Saturday afternoon. I was sitting at my computer (suprise suprise)and OUT SHE WALKS in the kitchen, with her pants off and pull up off, and in hand, telling me she had to go potty. UGH!! I was SO SAD! We went potty and I put her back in, only to have her keep coming out. We gave up on nap time and I just put her in the stroller and we went for a long walk, where she fell asleep in about 5 minutes.

When it was time for bed, she came out 3x, and finally stayed in bed after a stern look and voice from her Daddy. She stayed in bed all night, but bounded up at 7:30 this morning (VERY EARLY for her!)

So, so she would hopefully not kill herself, the GORGEOUS crib I love is now a toddler bed. It looks pretty boring right now...no pretty sheets, or comforter, but it does the job. I put her in tonight and she was SO excited and felt like such a big girl.



She is SO tired, having no nap today, so I hope she stays in all night. Sigh..I'm so sad!!

Leeza is a crazy girl. Sean was very mellow and laid back..In fact, he still is.
She runs, skips, gallops and hops everywhere. She is a very happy girl,which of course, makes me very joyous. However...look what happens when you run full speed, and fall against the door frame to your bedroom...






If that wasn't bad enough, after she recovered (sitting in my lap, with ice on it, watching her beloved Sesame Street with a lollipop) she went off running AGAIN and slide into the corner of the wall where we have bricks around the stove area. SIGH!




Joe says this is all my fault because I take her to the park and sign her up for all the stuff where she learns and gains confidence. LOL
I will say that Sean was NOTHING LIKE LEEZA WAS AS A TODDLER! He was so laid back...never did ANY of this crazy crap! He is still pretty chill. On our run this morning, one of the youth group leaders at church said that Sean reminds her of "The GodFather" as he sits back and everyone comes to him. That was a great description!

So, as sad as I am we had to turn the crib into a toddler bed, and my happy lil girl runs and hops and skips to get around, I get super happy shopping for my lil diva. I am the bargain queen and I am proud of my mad shopping skills, but I don't know how to say NO! I want them all for my sweet girl. However, today, we went to this Junior League sponsored Holiday show...think 400 etsy booths set up. We saw some VERY VERY CUTE THINGS! However..they were SO EXPENSIVE! Leeza and I got stopped at least 10 times (I am not even exaggerting!) complimenting her precious outfit. Yeah...I paid $5 on ebay for it. Seriously!

I saw a precious denim jacket with the matching jeans with ruffles (LOVE that stuff), and the jacket was $60 on it's own. I got Leeza a dress, matching pants with ruffle, and a very similiar denim jacket for $9.99 on Ebay. SERIOUSLY.

Ok..onto the latest fashions by Leeza, and her wardrobe obssesed mother....




Here is Leeza jumping at the park...the fun morning BEFORE she decided to climb out of her crib...sigh...
She is SO strong. She loves to "hang" and she can do it for a long time. She also loves to somersaults everywhere. I think it's time to try gymnastics again!





3 comments:

John & Jenny Morgan said...

When I was in college, I taught three-year-olds at a daycare one summer, and one clumsy, fair-skinned girl always had bruises and scrapes. The pictures of Leeza reminded me of her. Poor little Leeza! Or, should I say poor BIG Leeza?! Our girls are growing up so fast!

Jstar said...

When I was a kid my mom always made me wear tights because my legs were always so banged up she thought somebody would accuse her of abuse :) In my opinion, the only abuse was making her daughter wear tights!

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

OMG. Jstar, I just picked myself up off the floor laughing. I, as well, was the kid who clipped corners, tripped up curbs, and LOVEd swinging from trees, etc. My mom put tights on me which, of course, only meant holes in the tights and cotton ground into the fresh wounds with each wild act or running without attention to obstacles in my path!
Leeza continues to just wow... and a daredevil she is -- with a pile of cute behind the confidence!
I can't wait to see the bed in all it's "toddler bedding" glory when you are done! no doubt it will be adorable!