Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Leeza gets her focus ON!



Once Leeza turned 2, two months ago, she seemed to start learning things at lightwarp speed. Her verbal skills exploded, and her attention span has started to increase. Leeza and I have a pretty busy schedule, and just the past couple weeks I've noticed a HUGE improvement in her ability to focus. She still loves to run around like a wild banshee, but she also WILL sit still and is extremely engaged in what is going on around her. I feel like I don't have to apologize the entire class period for her wild behavior. :) (just for half the class!)

We have been going to Kindermusic for almost a year. I LOVE KINDERMUSIC! Her teacher, Kelly, is amazing and patient and when I used to be HORRIFIED at Leeza's behavior (running around the room all the time), she would always say that Leeza was paying attention, and she was getting it,and a lot of kids cry when they're new and Leeza never did. She is such a sweetheart and always tells me she thinks Leeza is gifted. LOL Maybe gifted in energy-like most toddlers. :)




Kelly brought the violins out last year, and Leeza could have been less interested. She didn't even want a turn. However...what a difference a few months makes (just like gymnastics class!) Leeza was SO interested, she took a couple turns. Then, after class, Kelly's girls came in (she has 4 year old twins) and they play the violin. They played Leeza a song. She was riveted. She wanted another turn, so that was when I snapped a couple pictures with my iPhone. Of course, Kelly says I need to check on Ebay and Craig's list to get her one for Christmas. Her girls started taking lessons at 3. I would be thrilled if Leeza wanted to learn an instrument...so we'll see about that. :)

Every Monday, for the past 8 weeks, we have been going to an Art class, followed by Spanish. This past Monday, we added an American sign language class. It's all taught at the same place, by the same teacher. She is AMAZINGLY patient. Leeza, of course, pretty much ran helter skelter the first few times, but is doing so much better now. She will sit and complete the art projects,and knows SO MANY SPANISH WORDS! Her teacher thinks she has a real knack for languages based on how many words she is absorbing. I am excited cuz I am learning a lot of Spanish words too!

Here she is an art class...watch out Picasso...




I am having so much fun doing all these activities with Leeza. I love to watch her learn, plus, I learn too! I'm learning spanish, sign language, music, and patience as my very opinionated and determined daughter LOVES to try my patience. Her new favorite activity to bug her mother is picking her nose. She will call from her car seat "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy", then resort to "Mom, Mom, Mom", until I look back there, and she will have one,or like today,an index finger for each nostril, so far up her nose I think she is jarring her brain. I MUST IGNORE THIS! It's way easy to ignore when I am driving...but much harder to ignore during a class, or whatever. She does it just to bug me, it's very clear cuz of impish look she gets on her face.

Such a well dressed sweet lil girl to have such a DISGUSTING HABIT!!

1 comment:

Baby Kaz Moore said...

Great photos!! I got behind in checking them out. And Elmo jammies?! Oh my, we need to find those here in Austin. Take care! Susan